squelch (mute) abuse

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just got squelched on Star Forge server for trying to recruit in 'allies' chat. ***. This is totally WRONG.

I cannot talk to any of my guildies - or anyone in group. I cannot even whisper for help.

I was NOT even spamming for money - just posting recruitment messages in Allies chat. Some guy told me i was

squelched and i was unable to talk anymore in any chat.

Can something be done about this? this has the effect of players ordering other players around and telling them what to do.

Is there any way to get rid of the 'squelch' option? This ability is very easily abused by players who do not like you.

Obviously the staff should get rid of this easily abused 'Squelch' ability

I'm assuming by "recruitment messages" you mean guild recruitment messages. Sorry, but this was proper use of a squelch. People don't appreciate guild spam at all in Allies chat, it's not the place for it.

I'm assuming by "recruitment messages" you mean guild recruitment messages. Sorry, but this was proper use of a squelch. People don't appreciate guild spam at all in Allies chat, it's not the place for it.

Funny thing is, he gets squelched for advertising his guild, but the trolls are still allowed to keep putting their crap in allies, and don't get squelched.....lol

• 4 months later...
It is 2020, and I'm saddened to see that this has been a problem since 2016. Toxic guy's guild squelches me after I tell him to stop abusing other players in freaking Hammer Station. Get on it.

Do you have proof that he did this? Screen shots? etc?

Seems a lot of complaining about this lately. Odd.

There is a particular guild doing it to people they don’t like and doing what every for their benefit. Some innocent people are getting caught up in it and the bullies in this guild are using their members to weaponise the situation.

It’s totally uncalled for because I watched them squelch about 6 people who disagreed with the way they were behaving.

Since they opened this game up to steam, there has been an influx of bullies and trolls. I don’t know how many, but enough to be noticed and make an impact on mine and other people’s fun.