Why do people like level sync?

Decxswx

I prefer to solo world bosses and do operations with only half of the people required, you feel like a god visiting low level places and it makes getting achievements easier

What possible reasons do people like level sync for?

I prefer to solo world bosses and do operations with only half of the people required, you feel like a god visiting low level places and it makes getting achievements easier

Because they don't like feeling like a god walking amongst mere mortals. Wrecks immersion.

Seriously, anytime you ask a "Why do people like X when I don't like it" can be answered simply as they don't share your reasons. Useful bit of social observation that reduces inflammatory threads on internet forums

I like getting level appropriate rewards and XP even after I've over leveled the content. Makes leveling much faster.

Mostly this, even at max level, I get a decent amount of credits and enemies drop more expensive gear for me to vendor because it's worse than anything I've picked up for comms.

But I don't like having to stop all the time to fight those who should be ignoring me like they used to pre-level sync.

I also miss being able to solo HM/SM FPs and get decorations without fighting people over them at the same time. If solo mode also dropped those decos (maybe at a lower drop rate) I'd be more happy with solo mode flashpoints.

But that's just me in my grumpy "back in my day" "and it was easier" thing.

You say you like to solo not everyone does.

Some people like playing with others and sometimes those people are higher level than they are and that hurts their xp so this way it doesn't.

There are things I don't like (pvp) but I also know people like them so I don't ask why someone likes something I don't. I give them enough courtesy to understand that there are things they like I don't and things I like they don't.

There are single player games for that.

I remember before level sync dropped, my trooper was on Belsavis still going through his class story. Only he was a level 48 on a level 40 planet. It was painful that I was doing content and not getting anything for it. No XP from killing baddies or quests. Credits were tiny and loot sucked. Fine, I could solo Red Reaper which also lost any value after doing it once for the achievement.

Even tho I'm doing content at level 65 so no XP, I feel like I'm still getting something out of level sync.

The main reason why I like it is because it lets me better play together with friends that have not the same level as I have, since I still get stuff even when I am many levels higher. Also, I think it is nice that world bosses require a group again and the funny thing is that kingpin bounties become easier so that they can be better done solo.

I like level sync for all the tears that it brings.

Also it is good game design to make all content relevant. Level sync and all ops/flashpoints being lvl 65 is the best thing that happened in this game for years. Makes absolutely no sense to have lvl 50 operations when level cap is 65, seriously, what would be the point of them? NiM ops enemies hitting you for 2 damage, yeah, amazing. Work for your achievements, bozo.

Edited by Iffyluse

Only he was a level 48 on a level 40 planet. It was painful that I was doing content and not getting anything for it. No XP from killing baddies or quests. Credits were tiny and loot sucked.

There's no shortage of games where you get no loot either if you are so far over-level that you get no XP.

(It sucked severely that Allods Online had that rule, because cloth and leather crafting materials came from monster drops, and that meant that if you were training a second or third crafting skill, gathering lowbie materials was really, really hard - nothing that *would* drop those materials for an at-level character would drop them for you. Fortunately, there was an auction house and also a doodad you could buy for in-game currency to downgrade materials to lower tiers.)

It can go both ways.

1. I like being able to get XP even when over levelled for a planet.

2. I would like to be over leveled so I could Solo WB without requiring a group which you can't do anymore.

In the end as the discussion has been lingering around it should be optional and toggeable to what you want to do. But it is Bioware they can't fix bugs in the current state of the game so why would they ever change something.

>Wants to earn achievements

>Wants to feel like a steamroller God

Pick one. :rolleyes:

Achievement, by definition, means that you should invest time and effort towards it. How can one-shotting a world boss be classified as an accomplishment?

"Boy, that world boss went down in one hit, what an impressive show of skill from my part, I totally deserve that." :rolleyes:

I was fine pre 4.0, I'm fine post 4.0. Some aspects of the game were not trivial before, and still are not trivial now.

I like getting level appropriate rewards and XP even after I've over leveled the content. Makes leveling much faster.

This is the most compelling reason for level sync.

Also, allows me to drop back to level with a friend if they are at a lower level and not feel as if I'm missing out.

World bosses, Flashpoints, Operations should all be group content.

It killed world pvp and made ilum gree cheevos unobtainable since they require bolster, also it hard to do fair cross faction pvp cuz lvl sync killing tanks and some abilities like endure pain. Tho for the rest I don't really care, pve wise I'm fine both ways.

It killed world pvp and made ilum gree cheevos unobtainable since they require bolster, also it hard to do fair cross faction pvp cuz lvl sync killing tanks and some abilities like endure pain. Tho for the rest I don't really care, pve wise I'm fine both ways.

World PvP was pretty much dead anyway, aside from Ilum. I managed to do it ONCE and once only, on Alderaan, in 2013, maybe early 2014. My commandogirl was level 32 and entered the wrong side of that long valley with the river in the middle. I trekked down to the far end, where there is a series of bridges to cross the river, and encountered a red-name level 29 Sith-something at the last bridge. He *could* have stood back and let me go (and I'd have left him alone), but instead decided to get involved as I was fighting the bridge-guard NPCs. I stomped him into the ground. I'm still occasionally gripped by spasms of doubt - guilt, even - amid the suspicion that maybe he was just trying to help an obvious noob kill the guards and I killed him for it. :eek:

I HATE IT!! I have said it many times before, but Bioware does not listen to the people.

They listen, just not to you, since you are unreasonable. Other MMOs have similar approaches, like Guild Wars 2 does it too, and from what I heard is that the next World of WarCraft expansion is also impementing something alike.

>Wants to earn achievements

>Wants to feel like a steamroller God

Pick one. :rolleyes:

Achievement, by definition, means that you should invest time and effort towards it. How can one-shotting a world boss be classified as an accomplishment?

"Boy, that world boss went down in one hit, what an impressive show of skill from my part, I totally deserve that." :rolleyes:

I was fine pre 4.0, I'm fine post 4.0. Some aspects of the game were not trivial before, and still are not trivial now.

Does getting 20 people together to kill it with no challenge also make it feel like an accomplishment?

Also, you could never one-shot world bosses.

Does getting 20 people together to kill it with no challenge also make it feel like an accomplishment?

Also, you could never one-shot world bosses.

20 people working togheter towards a common goal is what mmorpgs are (should) be about. :rolleyes:

Good luck making 20+ people understand to not dive bomb the Coruscant one. :rolleyes:

Edited by JeKoCZ

This is by far the best thing to come from level sync...but as others have said, being a "GOD" like entity was just stupid.

I was very against it at the start, but I have been converted to a lover of it!

Biggest Reason is that the gear from drops keeps you level-appropriate all the way through.

The other biggest reason is how simply leveling is now. By the time you finish a class story, you could easily be 65 without any real challenge, or pretty darn close.

Not just this, but (almost) the entire game is relevant no matter the level. (There's some breakdown at the extreme end of things - L65 at the starter/capital worlds).

OTOH, I have never been a particular fan of class/level based systems anyway, the mechanics grate with me. I accept they're a easy answer to a hard problem, so it doesn't stop me from playing, but it' always feels clunky and artificial. So deprecating level mechanics is a Good Thing in my mind