The Death of Jung Ma

ftpjedigirl

Listen, this is my first forum post (due to the absolutely embarrassing screen name my 14 year old self thought of about 5 years ago) but I think it's absolutely necessary I post this. Jung Ma, is 100% no going back, dead. It's really very saddening to see. I've been on the server for about 3 1/2 years consistently, and though I've made my enemies, I've also made friends. It was incredibly heartbreaking watching the fall of the server. I have no other words other than how heartbreaking this is. I've made tons of friends who have come and gone with both the server, and the game itself. The only thing I can keep a sliver of hope for is that Bioware will merge us with another server, which I doubt will happen.

It isn't fun watching the downfall, but I suppose those who remain loyal to the end suffer in some way, right?

Please forgive the word vomit.

Edited by ftpjedigirl

I don't think BW will merge servers lol if anything, the theory of a PvP/Queue Portal might be more likely, where players can Queue together, regardless the server they are in. At that point, the only reason why one would want to choose a certain server over the other would be because of the community.

I don't think BW will merge servers lol if anything, the theory of a PvP/Queue Portal might be more likely, where players can Queue together, regardless the server they are in. At that point, the only reason why one would want to choose a certain server over the other would be because of the community.

Please, that would revive so many things on Jung Ma, it might even bring players back to it if it doesn't matter where you have to go for pops.

I doubt that will ever come to fruition. the hero engine is crap and even the devs have admitted that.

i fear Jung Ma wont be revived unless there's a server merge. Most of the players have already left to Harbinger. Now i know its not likely but they should consider it due to our low population and others low population. I feel like im walking in the valley of the dark lords when I'm just walking around. Have you guys seen Harbinger? Over 100 people on Korriban. i miss when the community was like that now its just like Kotors 2 dantooine and Korriban, barren and empty. Maybe we can come back. Also Has anyone even asked BW/EA to server merge??

write tickets when queues dont pop. it's BW's fault we cant play the game on our chosen server. it's got to the point where it should be a CS issue. whenever i don't get a pop for a FP or wz in reasonable time, i'm going to write a tcket from now on. everyone else should do the same.

To be completely honest, I contribute the death of Jung Ma to a few things...

1. Light vs Dark event.

2. People spamming pve + conquest instead of doing what the server is known for, being a small pvp community.

3. Overall low population due to large guilds falling apart or leaving entirely.

It's your choice to agree with me or not, but I thought those were the three things that sealed Jung's fate. Of course there is always more things to blame it on (myself included, I can be hot-headed), but it absolutely sucks that this even happened...

To be completely honest, I contribute the death of Jung Ma to a few things...

1. Light vs Dark event.

2. People spamming pve + conquest instead of doing what the server is known for, being a small pvp community.

3. Overall low population due to large guilds falling apart or leaving entirely.

It's your choice to agree with me or not, but I thought those were the three things that sealed Jung's fate. Of course there is always more things to blame it on (myself included, I can be hot-headed), but it absolutely sucks that this even happened...

Light vs Dark put the nail in the coffin, it was at least somehwat tolerable up until that point, and the first two days where lowbies were actually poping, but once everyon over leveled that was it. people who did not want to participate in the event and just wanted to pvp are barely even logging on anymore. i don't even think it'll ever return to normal again.

The event had nothing to do with the demise of this server. All it did was point out the low population. The decline of the server is directly attributed to the RP - PvP community leaving. Nothing more, nothing less. I would have left by now as well if it weren't for the several 100's of millions of credits sunk into Guild Ships, Strongholds, decorations, not to mention the 20 plus characters I have as well.

Merging this server will not fix the real issue - Namely the total lack of community. Before anyone gets on their high horse about events, blah, blah remember (if you were here at the beginning) that there used to be planned, server-wide community events. They are no more. Once the true Rp'ers moved on to the next MMO (due to lack polish, etc in SWTOR) all we were left with were the ******s, griefers, spawn campers, cheaters and the dregs of MMO humanity. Sure, there are few good apples left, but most have moved on.

So, rather than forcing a server merge with one server (I noted that no one asked me which one we should merge with, unless I missed that meeting) we should be allowed to move to the server of our choosing with guilds, guild ships and strongholds intact. If that is logistically impossible, them credit compensation in the sum of spent credits.

I would love to give a rousing speech about working together to bring the server back, but that just won't happen.

BioWare - Time to help those left move where they want WITHOUT financial penalty.

I am personally surprised anyone stuck around during the last 90cc transfer price. I understand loyalty but the amount of queue pops for anything got really bad when the original 90cc was announced it would end in a week.

Myself and the rest of the guild all decided it was best to pack up and move and even posted here that we were doing this. We decided to eat the guild ship cost and start over. We went to Ebon Hawk, but reality server merges really need to happen as bioware really isn't pushing ads to try and bring in new players. Word of mouth between all of us customers can only go so far. GSF WZ flashpoints queues all pop. We got tired of the WZ pops on Jung Ma where we never seemed to have a full team outside of the ever so shrinking primetime hours. I imagine it has to be 2 to 3 hours now at best.

If the servers are going to be merged, they would have done it earlier in the year. Cross-server queues aren't happening either. JM is dead and it's not coming back. When BioWare decided to make all servers functionally the same, there was no reason to stay on JM.

"B-B-B-But w-w-what about the community?!!?"

The vast, super majority of the JM community is on other servers. All of our biggest guilds have left. Even Alpha Company made the sensible decision to leave when they ended PVP servers. The current JM "community" isn't enough to fill an operation group. We don't have a community on JM anymore. We have a small AIM chat room that takes place in a video game. The server has been depopulated to the point that it takes hours to get a TACTICAL flashpoint to pop, which is ridiculous. If you want to keep hanging onto JM, you can, but you're going to be playing a single-player game, 99% of the time.

Now, if you want to have a better experience, Ebon Hawk has everything that JM had, but it has 10 times its population. Warzones and flashpoints pop literally all day. There are dozens of different RP guilds that are always recruiting. People are always hanging around, looking for casual RP. There's nothing on JM that's better than what EH has to offer. If you care about JM's "community," then come to Ebon Hawk. There are more old JM player on EH than there are on JM itself. Think about that.

Edited by HaoZhao

For an idea of how bad it is I can put together a dedicated group to play GSF on Jung Ma faster then I can get a group finder pop for warzones or flashpoints. Removal of server focuses (RP-PVP for Jung) killed Jung Ma.

I'd really appreciate it if BioWare could make character transfers a low cheaper especially for depopulated servers. Or just merge the servers. That'd be great too.

I'd really appreciate it if BioWare could make character transfers a low cheaper especially for depopulated servers. Or just merge the servers. That'd be great too.

I think this is actually an excellent idea. Any server with a considerably low population should be given a discounted transfer fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Developers!!!!!!!

Im paying for an experience on a server that is inferior to what other subscribers are getting on Ebon Hawk.

Further if I wanted the Ebon Hawk experience I would have to pay to transfer.

Does this seem like a fair system to you?

Fix your Game while there's still a game to fix.

(people are leaving )

I just came back and subbed to play again ONLY to find the server is dead, nobody is doing the event, nobody is doing ops, nobody doing dungeons so I can't even get my dailes done. I can only log on, do a heroic 2 (BY MYSELF) and then log off.

This was doing prime time, doing off times, NOBODY is one, I AM like the ONLY one on any planet AND NO i'm not gonna xfer off to a server and start over.

Okay, so lets get this straight... Jung Ma WAS dead about three months ago, but the server is coming back. Hear me out, I play on this server every day and have been doing so for three years now. Three months ago the server had no PvP/ GSF/ FP's/or anything popping for weeks on end, but as time went by more and more people started coming back to the server due to the other servers being "to populated".

However, all this month, I have been seeing a very big change. This week, so far I have gotten five PvP pops, six FP pops, and have seen more then 200 people online at a time. While you may think that these numbers are low, it is a big difference from a while back. This shows that Jung Ma is coming back.

You may still think that, "man this guy is wrong, and he has to much hope for Jung Ma", but that is not accurate. I have been highly active in the server's PvP and have been active in checking the population. A while back I thought, just like most of you, that this server had no hope. But now I'm starting to rethink that. What I have to say to all members of the server, either you could leave the server and possibly deal with a more populated server with more trolls, spammers, and server lag, or you could stay with us and make Jung Ma great again. #MAKEJUNGMAGREATAGAIN

StarKiller you're in CC on the pub side?

I havent seen any one from CC in ages.

Used to be in that guild when rehkt was running the show.

What time are you usually on?

Yeah, I have been playing a lot on imp side because the guild started an imp side guild. Our pub guild CoCo is inactive for now because we are focusing on the imp side for the time being. I am on everyday in the morning and evening.