Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

dark vs light event: reward items bound? I got a lightsaber bound for my operative

Eommer

So, I make a Operative to try this event and to my surprise after hit lvl 25 I got few items that are all Bound.

I got a Jedi Armor and a LIGHTSABER Bound. My operative will not use a Lightsaber and I cant even send to my others characters. Serious?

I like to enjoy everything in the game that Im paying so I start this new char just to try this new event even tought I already have 13 lvl 65 and I few pretty stupid when bioware kind force me lvl up another one. but first things first. all rewards will be random and bound?

Edited by Eommer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a double bladed lightsaber on my Sorcerer. Also, what is with not getting a full armor set? I got like belt and head slot but not the full armor set... so now I have to collect the armor set some other way? What a worthless event.

Please fix this bioware. Make is so the items are unbound.

Make it so that we get the full armor sets, like what we get from chance cubes.

Thank you,

-Zarahemla

I'm sure people are greatful either way cause the rewards they use are real $ rewards which will probably be used for events in the future, and that was a very bad idea for the CM rewards idea.

Um... do you sell these items on the GTN? All it does it let people get armour set parts and other items that are bound, dyes can't be unlocked and the event will only run for a handful of months. They will get cash inflow from people using cartel coins, real dollars for unlocking the collection (which a lot more people want to than can because some item are insanely rare and priced where people would happily buy them straight off the Cartel Market) and once that's dried up, items will go back to their normal price... and individual pieces that complete a set will go up on GTN because people will need them to complete their sets.

Trust me, someone who really wants a Kylo Ren style lightsaber will probably miss out and be dependent on the GTN and someone like me who wouldn't be caught dead waving one about will probably get one. These items are bind on pickup and only have a limited effect on the economy based on the people who want certain pieces getting them through the the LS/DS packs.

OP hey guess what this is the best event ever, people love playing as if the game launched again tuesday. so what your reward is worthless on that character. spend some cartel coins and unlock it for your account. YAY win EAware.

now we know what it feels like to be the last boss of an ops when you kick it in the sack and it dies.

LOOT LOOT LOOT yay EAware wins.

I got a lightsaber which my sith Juggernaught can use. I got a blaster cannon but its useless to him, my trooper could use it... BUT WAIT, you have to equip an item before you can unlock it in collections, so how TF am I supposed to do that? It seems bioware either did not really think this through, or DID think it through and go through with the evil unethical ******e maneuver anyway. How far is EA's Puppet hand up Bioware's butt?

FFS Guys.... did no one think.... "I know... we will implement a "Grant useable only" instruction into the LVD Boxes... So that way someone does not end up with something useless" But it is not useless.... it makes you frustrated.... Most rewards were *****, armor I got was *****.

I got a lightsaber which my sith Juggernaught can use. I got a blaster cannon but its useless to him, my trooper could use it... BUT WAIT, you have to equip an item before you can unlock it in collections, so how TF am I supposed to do that? It seems bioware either did not really think this through, or DID think it through and go through with the evil unethical ******e maneuver anyway. How far is EA's Puppet hand up Bioware's butt?

FFS Guys.... did no one think.... "I know... we will implement a "Grant useable only" instruction into the LVD Boxes... So that way someone does not end up with something useless" But it is not useless.... it makes you frustrated.... Most rewards were *****, armor I got was *****.

I also ended up getting an assault cannon on my event character but the nice thing was once i pulled it out of the box it was considered added to collections

My friend got a Lightsaber with his Merc too. he cant equip to open to all characters. Lame.

Yeah, im really disappointed. Im done with this until we got few words from bioware. whats the point?

The items should be bind to legacy at least or Bind on Equip.

Yep... random... bound... and costs real $$ in order to get them on a char that you can use them!!! .

You do exactly the same when you use items for more than one char. And your companions benefit from this too . In this case xalek and two classes. Forever.

I got a double bladed lightsaber on my Sorcerer. Also, what is with not getting a full armor set? I got like belt and head slot but not the full armor set... so now I have to collect the armor set some other way? What a worthless event.

Please fix this bioware. Make is so the items are unbound.

I would propose to make the items bound to legacy. They made the items bound so you dont sell them right away which would interfere with the CM packs.

I think that the simplest solution would be to give tokens like every other event. Then let us buy things off a vendor. Like I said, every other event has event specific tokens that can be used to buy things. That would mean that the things you buy are then BoP with a timer for refund if you change your mind. The tokens can be BoL, and thus negate all the problems of the boxes and their binding. Or even just put BoP boxes on this vendor if you really want to make us pray to the RNG gods to get what we want.

If the contents of these packs absolutely have to be bound, then they really should be Bind to Legacy. I don't understand what they were thinking by not doing that. I get that they don't want us flooding the market, but making all these things character Bind on Pickup is just cruel.

Got a cannon on my new Jedi Knight... which I don't really like the look of, but I may as well give it to Sergeant Rusk later given that I can't sell it or vendor-trash it.

They did sorta address this in the latest stream - they can't easily do bound-to-legacy and collectionable on the same item. When you start KotFE give the LS to Marr or Lana, then unlock it for your legacy. But as mentioned that can cost you one to four $.

I really wish devs showed some good will and that they care about players rather than $ from Cartel Market. I think they should just make Dark vs Grind pack items BoE, just like your regular cartel pack item. This would require some tweaks regarding drop rates but it would be the best way to appreciate playersand sort out the issue imo.

Disagree, to many people already spent way to much real $ on the CM for it to be BoE, heck the CM is already destroyed enough with using CM items as in game event rewards, made people stop buying CM coins as much now

If the contents of these packs absolutely have to be bound, then they really should be Bind to Legacy. I don't understand what they were thinking by not doing that. I get that they don't want us flooding the market, but making all these things character Bind on Pickup is just cruel.

Got a cannon on my new Jedi Knight... which I don't really like the look of, but I may as well give it to Sergeant Rusk later given that I can't sell it or vendor-trash it.

They don't think.

Ok here is my solution to this problem! make the packs just like cartel packs if that is your intended goal for rewards.

I mean bound for 48 hours then BoE just like the cartel packs. Yes i realize some of you think this will impact the GTN but face it when you charge 60 mil + for a lightsaber on the GTN really! That to me is already busted. Anyway, back to topic, making them bound for 48 hours then Bind on Equip will alleviate much of the tension from this little twist, especially as there are players that already have 16 or more characters level 65 maxed light and dark to experience story line and will have to do it all over again, just for this event. By making items perma bound to a specific character your only encouraging people to stay away from wasting their time yet again. Just my two cents!

Just got a Revan Reborn chest piece on my Bounty Hunter. What is he going to do with that, wash the windows on The Mantis?

If he uses it, then I have to collect the entire set ON HIM just to unlock it in collections, yes? If other characters get pieces of it in this event, that separately on different characters, wont count towards a full collection unlock, right? We still have to collect the set on one character to unlock it for all?

Just got a Revan Reborn chest piece on my Bounty Hunter. What is he going to do with that, wash the windows on The Mantis?

If he uses it, then I have to collect the entire set ON HIM just to unlock it in collections, yes? If other characters get pieces of it in this event, that separately on different characters, wont count towards a full collection unlock, right? We still have to collect the set on one character to unlock it for all?

Make sure the same character gets all the rewards.

You do exactly the same when you use items for more than one char. And your companions benefit from this too . In this case xalek and two classes. Forever.

I would propose to make the items bound to legacy. They made the items bound so you dont sell them right away which would interfere with the CM packs.

Making them legacy bound means they can't unlock in collections, not a good solution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.