What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

I'll be convinced when I see the coins on the ledger, not before.

Might I suggest this be used as a learning opportunity? Clearly the system in place now does not function as intended and in need of some old fashioned attention to detail.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So any word on when we will be credited with our 500 cartel coins!?

If the Marketing department executives are having issues trying to figure out what to do... beyond ignoring the problem i suggest giving either a free month to subscribers or just providing the 500 cartel coins to those who subscribed after confirming eligibility. I have to admit i am rather disappointed about this i could have spent my $15.00 on the secret world instead of this promotion. The only reason i even bothered was because of the promise of an new chapter on the 7th and the bonus cartel coins.

Eligibility can be easily determined by collecting data on who is eligible for promotions and who subscribed by july 7. Would also save on future problems including legal problems if promotions actually tracked and collect data on who is offered and accepts promotions.

I'll be convinced when I see the coins on the ledger, not before.

This is how I feel as well. Thanks for the update on whats going on, but I'm not going to be convinced either until I see my balance 500 coins higher.

Hey folks,

First off, I want to apologize for the delay in response to this! I know that many of you were left in the dark on this issue and that is on me. With that being said, I did want to make sure I had answers before I came into the thread, and I do!

I poured through the thread and manually passed on many of your account names for investigation, with the goal of getting to the bottom of any issues that might be present. In doing so, we were able to discover exactly what happened and I can confirm that some of you were definitely missed in the 500 Cartel Coin promotion grant.

Our plan right now is to spend today isolating exactly which remaining accounts were eligible and qualified. Then starting tomorrow through Friday, we will begin granting coins to the remaining accounts. I will post tomorrow when the grants have begun.

Thank you all for your patience and for posting your information in this thread so that we could investigate the issue.

-eric

Thank you for looking into it!

Good question!

There were a few different promotions! Not all of them were targeted specifically at new subscriptions, so it does sound like you would get the coins as well.

-eric

I am in the same position - a longtime subscriber who had the promotion in their launcher.

I thought perhaps the coins were being distributed later in the month, but just now saw this thread.

What can we do to make sure we get the 500 coins?

I am in the same position - a longtime subscriber who had the promotion in their launcher.

I thought perhaps the coins were being distributed later in the month, but just now saw this thread.

Also, I'd like to say I ended up purchasing an additional character slot (on top of the ones I already had) before the sale ended because I thought there would be an extra 500 coins coming later in the month (the sale was 450 CCs per slot).

Is there a specific way we can contact BW and have our particular account investigated as legitimately having had the promotion in our launcher?

Given how this has played out, I'm not sure I exactly trust whatever process is going on. I wouldn't have bought the additional "extra" slot if I'd known there would be problems with the CC promotion.

It will be a case of just being patient now as it sounds like this will be a manual job for some poor sucker at Bioware to go through all the accounts and cross reference.

I had the promo in my launcher with around 25 days of sub left, which ran/runs out today and that was after a period of almost 12 months away from the game. It was clearly was not targeted and very much a random affair.

As for my 500cc - please distribute them between the homeless Jawas on Tatooine,as I wont be renewing my sub this side of Christmas.

Just got off work and found a message in my inbox from customer support directing me to this thread. I'm another reoccurring monthly subscriber who opened a ticket because I got the subscribe by July 7/Face Arcann promo in my launcher. Thing is I already found this thread before I submitted my ticket and even linked it in the ticket. :rolleyes:

Well I'm glad to see Eric's latest response and hope that not only does everyone who's been affected by this will get the resolution they deserve, but that the people in charge of these promotions get their act together in the future.

Now that you mention it, I haven't received the coins either. I had the offer in my launcher a while back and completely forgot about it :rolleyes:

I think many have forgotten about that ad. I had as well , until I received my monthly sub bonus.

I just hope they don't pull some B.S. about having a prefered account or less the month before to qualify (because that's not how the ad was worded)

:sul_confused:

:mon_trap:

Hey folks,

First off, I want to apologize for the delay in response to this! I know that many of you were left in the dark on this issue and that is on me. With that being said, I did want to make sure I had answers before I came into the thread, and I do!

I poured through the thread and manually passed on many of your account names for investigation, with the goal of getting to the bottom of any issues that might be present. In doing so, we were able to discover exactly what happened and I can confirm that some of you were definitely missed in the 500 Cartel Coin promotion grant.

Our plan right now is to spend today isolating exactly which remaining accounts were eligible and qualified. Then starting tomorrow through Friday, we will begin granting coins to the remaining accounts. I will post tomorrow when the grants have begun.

Thank you all for your patience and for posting your information in this thread so that we could investigate the issue.

-eric

No coins here either.

Greetings.

I got the 500 C promotion on the launcher, and i been subscribed for several months, yet i dint get anything.

For that reason and another, that was clarified, I put a support thicket asking for this situation and I was told to post in this thread.

Hi, no coins here either I did see the promotions on my launcher and was subbed during the time specified, I made a ticket a few days ago and the response was you guys were working on it so i left it at that, but i should have posted here too.

Thanks.

Hey folks,

-eric

what about the people who haven't complained about this but are in the same situation still??

are you just going to ignore them or are you finally going to apply something retroactively in a propper manner?

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for the answer (though so much time have passed and i hope next time we won't be forced to wait so much). Just to remind - i had the promo in my launcher too and waiting for your check and grant...