Unobtainable achievements list

TheRandomno

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark verses Light should not be on this list since originally they said (cant find the post) that this event would be coming back but it would be rare. I would imagine because of the EXP rate this will probably be before another major expansion.

Thought that was in this patchnotes?

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12317/game-update-5.1-defend-throne

• Dark vs Light Meta Achievements have been granted to players who earned them.

Dark vs Light achievements

Please explain this.

You wont get them if you didnt do them before. If you didnt do them before they said the event might be up again some time in the future. Its like the Nightlife event, if you didnt get the achievements you had to wait till now for the event to come back.

• 2 weeks later...

Another annoying patch in terms of finding out what's bugged.

The Council achievements were fixed but now you can't get to Soa.

The rancor and mount rewards were apparently replaced which means you can't get them.

Will hopefully update later...

Another annoying patch in terms of finding out what's bugged.

The rancor and mount rewards were apparently replaced which means you can't get them.

Will hopefully update later...

Both the Rancor and Vector Magnus can be bought from the event vendor with Gold Cerificates and it will count for achievement (at least I know the Rancor does).

Don't know if it was covered, but the original test center titles and achievements need to be added.

Frankly, I don't believe in items and achievements in collections that end up no longer obtainable - for anyone who is a collection completionist, these things are a scourge, and should be excluded from being listed in collections.

Can you please get rid of those pvp achievements? Cant finish any planet, because there is just no one playing on the pvp cluster...

Well I can't do anything about that myself. They're on the unwritten "badly designed achievements list" :p

Don't know if it was covered, but the original test center titles and achievements need to be added.

I know there were some titles but not any achievements.

Both the Rancor and Vector Magnus can be bought from the event vendor with Gold Cerificates and it will count for achievement (at least I know the Rancor does).

Thanks, glad they did that.

Also there's a workaround for the EV bug posted here which solves that issue.

Update: Removed <Defeating the Infernal Council>x4, <Taspan Ambush Mastery>, and <Taspan Ace>.

Frankly, I don't believe in items and achievements in collections that end up no longer obtainable - for anyone who is a collection completionist, these things are a scourge, and should be excluded from being listed in collections.

WoWs system with Legacy and Feat of Strength achievements were quite nice in that regard.

Well we did get the 2nd boss in Gods of the Machine achievos too and that one is not out yet. Also, I wonder when Iokath will be up for conquering.

Just came to the thread to mention these. Ignoring the possibility that a new conquest planet was missed in the patch notes, added the ops boss and the conquest planet. Planned to be removed in 5.3 though.

Can you please get rid of those pvp achievements? Cant finish any planet, because there is just no one playing on the pvp cluster...

I would be so happy if they finally removed the PvP achievements out of the Locations section or moved it to the PvP section. Moving the achievements would probably be the best solution. That way those who have completed it would still get credited for it. It simply isn't fair to players that only do PvE. This is no different than when a PvPer feels forced to engage in PvE content for an achievement. There is also the fact that the number of kills can be outrageously high. Some planets require you to kill 500 or more players. Seriously?

I would be so happy if they finally removed the PvP achievements out of the Locations section or moved it to the PvP section. Moving the achievements would probably be the best solution. That way those who have completed it would still get credited for it. It simply isn't fair to players that only do PvE. This is no different than when a PvPer feels forced to engage in PvE content for an achievement. There is also the fact that the number of kills can be outrageously high. Some planets require you to kill 500 or more players. Seriously?

500 kills can be done really fast get 2 friends to play the faction you need to kill, then next you use single target attacks and kill one, not hitting the other player when 1 is dead the other just resurrects him and you instantly kill him again and he gets resurrected again, rinse and repeat. all you have to is make sure that the resurrecter (person doing the resurrecting) is not being hit also he can't be in the group with the player dying, the point is that he doesn't go into combat which makes the resurrection timer stop kicking in. if you do this you can be done in about 20 minutes depending on how well you work together. i did this in out laws den

This goes WAY back to how it was before and when you had PVP servers. It was expected that on PVP servers people will have confrontations on the planets so it makes sense why these achievos are under "Locations" and I would keep it that way.

Just like @Kittybear said, its very very easy to get these, there are many spawn points on the planets with no base defences where you just revive and kill till you are done. There is no hope for any real PVP so you just need to do it this way. There are events but only for complex locations like Oricon, CZ198 and so on.

How?

5char

Subverting game mechanics. It's a scourge of warzones, especially ranked, and I want to say they have said things against the practice, though I'd certainly defer to someone more aware of the PvP metagame than I.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Removed Iokath dailies (<Shut it Down>, <On the Mend>, <Droid Sauna>, <Dock Defense>, <Sphere of Influence>) and Aivela and Esne achievements (very overdue but forgot about these)

I'm not playing at the moment (this list is part of the reason I'm still subbed...) so please let me know if anything else is outdated.