Chapter 15 - Your Opinion? (Spoiler.. duuh!)

Focusangel

it is a minus 10 out of 10.

it was by far the shortest of the chapters outside of 9 due to it just being prelude. you spent more time watching trivial side chatter between story characters vs actually playing the game. and what you played was horribly boring. most of the time you end up running running running running stop because auto combat enabled kill some lame trash move on. even the newly added laser turrests that move were a joke to just jump around.

Sadly a couple chapters ago i realized the story was so weak there would be no coming back from it. not this cycle of chapters of story. possibly before the release of the newest sw movie when they try to cash in on silly movie fans the new story will be better? highly doubtful really. who ever is writing story need to step away from the blowing up ship omg i need to run to get out. its like this in almost all of the chapters now. LAME>

and yet again the emperor the true emperor is just a fart in the wind a couple chapters back. um hello you start the newest story line with him trapped in your head talking to you almost all the time.

UGH BW stop trying to write story. go hire someone that has actually written sw story and make a new full on all at once expansion with seperate (8) stories for your characters. at the very least this would work for your newly installed insanely boring EVENT you just pushed live.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first things first? BEST CHAPTER YET. Let me count the ways:

1: The writing was tight as hell. No BS before and after the main attraction, it just went right into things. Some surprisingly strong comedy ("By the way, this is what it's like talking to you." "...I feel I should apologize.") and nice pay-offs for some early foreshadowing too.

I also really liked the moral choice this time, not being a binary thing for once. You have the one-non-corrupt Republic Politican, the Imperial Admiral and a famous-and-beloved Zakuulan Civilian. You know you can save one, and you can maybe save two... but you probably won't save all three. Which is first, which is second, which dies last?

And, yeah, that was a great cliffhanger. It's going to make RP a bit tricky for the next few weeks, but it's setting up a great climax, and it's nice to shake up the status quo every once in a while.

(Story!Shaantil saved the politician that she knew was trustworthy and the Imperial cos this is a shooting war)

2: The combat was excellent! Finally, for the first time in the KOTFE updates actually playing the damn game wasn't a let down! Some interesting puzzles, some clever boss fights, a few great setpieces (team of ******es vs 9 Skytroopers. It was over fast, but damn it was fun!) and a general sense that, for once, the Skytroopers were more than just a bunch of disposable mooks.

3: The Setting... holy crap the setting. The AI-controlled ship is like a techno-haunted house. You're inside the massive, evil place, doing whatever it can to kill you. And I loved that we didn't just do the usual sanitized-hallways-and-rooms schtick. Climbing through maintneance corridors and construction areas just reinforced that notion, that we are in a place that biological beings are not supposed to go.

So, yeah, kudos basically all around. There were only two problems...

1: So... are we supposed to take the Zakuul Knights at all seriously anymore? Like... at all? I mean, I get it, surprise attack on Knights standing guard at an empty throne, half of them are just trying not to fall asleep standing up, but... they should at least put up a bit of a fight.

Sure, the droids would win eventually. Massive numbers in control of the whole place against eight Force Users? Yeah, eight Starkillers would struggle against those odds. But at least put up as good a fight COMBINED as Forceless Theron does alone...

2: So, when I was watching Star Trek Into Darkness, during the big emotional scene where Kirk is dying in the reactor with Spock watching, I let out a massive, pained groan, because it just hit me that Khan's blood was going to bring him back to life later on.

...I'd apologize for spoiling it, but it's an awful film so nope.

It's a bit like that here. The end of Chapter 14, closing on SCORPIO's evil stare, made it clear that whatever happened in Chapter 15, it was going to be all according to her plan. So, when the twist came of SCORPIO dying? I was briefly shocked, surprised that Bioware was going this route, maybe things would-

...oh, right, nope, she's still alive it's all an act.

And so the rest of my playthrough, I was torn between two possibilities: Would it turn out that the GEMINI Captain was actually SCORPIO, that they switched places? Or would it turn out that SCORPIO was elsewhere so she could do the big betrayal.

Foreshadowing requires a deft hand in order to work right, not a blood sledgehammer. For example, SCORPIO jacking into Gravestone at the Asylum way back when? It nicely set up the Gravestone being disabled, it was still in SCORPIO's command. But that one shot at the end of Chapter 14 just kneecapped this chapter for me.

Still, excellent otherwise. Go Bioware, keep this up!

That's the main issue.

Imagine players who maxed Scorpio and use that companion for everything. Removed and now you're stuck with level 10ish companions and have to start the affection grind again.

Story wise the betrayal was not even surprising.

An umpteenth collapsing cave/ explosive ship from which you have to escape... Too predictable. Yawn.

They CHOSE to level her up. Choices matter. It's just blinks real life, you meet somebody, invest a lot of time being their friend,by hen they try to sleep with your girlfriend. Dick move, and all that time wasted

They CHOSE to level her up. Choices matter. It's just blinks real life, you meet somebody, invest a lot of time being their friend,by hen they try to sleep with your girlfriend. Dick move, and all that time wasted

they should still allow us that invested in said companions to use them outside of KoTFE

I myself only leveled 3 companions to lvl 50, Scorpio being one of them(don't have the time to grind that much cash)

and even though I don't care if she's not usable anymore in the "story line"

I do care for the fact that I can't use her outside of it, even if it's just for crafting

Edited by VonStryker

Nope, couldn't find the manual control device to finish it.

This. However I gave up because it wasn't worth wasting my time for 18k credits.

First thing, if I NEVER EVER see another sky trooper mob ever again it will be too soon. Good riddance with them already. New trash mobs please. Really. Enough with them and scripted fights, although they are getting better with that. Sky troopers are getting so old and tiresome. I thought we destroyed them all in chapter 10?

The story was good, I will give it that. Probably 9/10 on story alone. That and cinematography. That was pretty excellent as well.

I was happy to see that I wasn't fighting a boss that basically delayed me killing him because he self shields while his adds come out over and over again - once again for the *nth time in this expansion.

Nice dynamic on the floor mechanics while not in combat.

Last thing, the story/cinematography was good, and I do not see me wanting to space-bar it next time I play this on an alt. Time after that? Probably.

Oh and off topic: When are we getting new OPs? My guildies are dropping like flies because of this. :/

Edited by btmart

I give it 5/10.

The beginning was exciting, and moving with several companions at once was cool.

I liked the 'lie' option to pretend badly that I was dying for Theron's benefit. That amused me.

There were a couple of good lines that made me smile.

When they said there was 'cargo'...I got excited...and thought oooh, carbonite people...maybe my beloved Darth Marr...then I thought...mmmwell they already made him a ghost I doubt he'll be able to come back. Then I thought...maybe Malgus...whom I hate, but thought at least it would be interesting. So who do we end up with?

Some Imperial I didn't know, Tai Cordon...and some holonet star pffft. You bet your sweet bippy I let the holostar get iced. Why do I need Space!Celine along for the ride. I don't need anyone to sing to the crew...Senya already does that.

I hated having to navigate that maze of a ship, I felt like a hamster trapped in that thing, and that every so often I'd get flamed or nuked with lasers. It gave me a bit of a complex and triggered my claustrophobia...especially when the gas started and I couldn't find my way out. I freaked...and I didn't like it.

So yeah, not the greatest chapter ever, but like others have said, it's probably because I didn't give a rat's ***** about Scorpio, I've never trusted her, so when she betrays me, I was more like...pffft, finally.

And it's silly that anyone expects that Scorpio will last against Vaylin. She's supposedly so tough and psycho, she could totally choke the living circuits out of Scorpio and then take their stuff back. It's all a bit contrived.

Also it bugged out on me on one of my choices and it wouldn't let me pick choice 1...only choice 3 so I ended up relogging and took the choice I wanted, but for bugs that was about it for me.

Edited by Lunafox

This is my favorite chapter so far. It was a nice 1 hour ride with moving the plot forward rather than another recruitment mission.

The cutscenes are great, dialogues are top notch BW quality and the gameplay got a bit better too with some mechanics involved. Can't wait for the season finale.

10/10, keep up the good work!

Don't mind the people who have their expectations up their ...., and would shame ANYTHING you put out!

So many "Almosts" with this chapter uugghh!

We all knew scorpio is going to betray us then I thought what will be the catch?

They could do so many things like letting our choices decide if one of our organic team members will die, maybe lose the gravestone or have the outlander fall in captive on arcann ship then having to fight his way out..

but nope, generic skytroopers.

I think someone at bioware got droid fetish first HK-55 - then all those skytroopers everywhere and now droids controls zakuul. what's next? master jedi and sith lord which are droids?

Know what Bioware here is cool idea, if you are into droids let us play new character which its plot starts mid seasons of kotfe.

Let us play hybrid HK-Skytrooper which is a sith lord\jedi master then the circle will be completed once this guy goes to smuggle bounty hunters that hunts troopers which are currently fighting spies.

For the most part I thought the chapter was pretty good. It was predictable, but the way they handle her betrayal overcame the predictability.

My biggest complaint was that they wasted a huge opportunity with the three choices .... none of those characters have any emotional connection to your character. And no choices don't really matter. At the end of the day, depending on who you chose may affect how you get to the end of the story, but the end is still going to be the same.

IMO, they should have added 2 legacy companions to the group that had been captured (one Rep & one Imp). Imagine if the choice was between the Zakuul celebrity, Corso and Quinn ... now that would've been fun.

For the most part I thought the chapter was pretty good. It was predictable, but the way they handle her betrayal overcame the predictability.

My biggest complaint was that they wasted a huge opportunity with the three choices .... none of those characters have any emotional connection to your character. And no choices don't really matter. At the end of the day, depending on who you chose may affect how you get to the end of the story, but the end is still going to be the same.

IMO, they should have added 2 legacy companions to the group that had been captured (one Rep & one Imp). Imagine if the choice was between the Zakuul celebrity, Corso and Quinn ... now that would've been fun.

To be fair to BW - they _always_ said that we're all ending up in the same spot no matter what we "choose"

(a limitation of their story model and finite resources). They did originally imply that choices would have more small scale effects and consequences than they have had so far, however.

Another spoiler for all, the answer No.1 for which Lana asked if outlander realised that the admiral will be quite an asset to the team, IS NOT - REPEAT - NOT GOING TO LET YOU FINISH THE WHOLE STORY!!!! Selection for ANSWER NO. 2 AND 3 will allow you to finish the whole CHAPTER!!!! THIS IS DEFINITELY A STUPID MOVE, BW!!! Edited by YKLeong

The only thing I have trouble believing is that Scorpio will spend a lot of time on that throne. Are we supposed to believe that Arcann and Vaylin, two of the most powerful force users in the galaxy, are just going to sit back and let Scorpio stay plugged into that chair?

Chapter XVI - beginning cutscene

The door to the Eternal Throne room is thrust open, and Arcann and Vaylin walk toward Scorpio dispatching every Skytrooper that comes toward them like a child who kicks his toy soldiers away. Vaylin raises her hand and force pulls Scorpio from the throne, plunging the droid onto Arcann's lightsaber.

Goodbye, Scorpio.

Edited by sinnaman

The only thing I have trouble believing is that Scorpio will spend a lot of time on that throne. Are we supposed to believe that Arcann and Vaylin, two of the most powerful force users in the galaxy, are just going to sit back and let Scorpio stay plugged into that chair?

Chapter XVI - beginning cutscene

The door to the Eternal Throne room is thrust open, and Arcann and Vaylin walk toward Scorpio dispatching every Skytrooper that comes toward them like a child who kicks his toy soldiers away. Vaylin raises her hand and force pulls Scorpio from the throne, plunging the droid onto Arcann's lightsaber.

Goodbye, Scorpio.

You forgot that she also command eternal fleet. Arcann and Vaylin powers are useless in space battles, they cant beat hundreds of ships which are now between them and throne. So they cant get close enough to throne to use their powers.

Even if they could, Scorpio on throne looks more like hologram then then robot, so even if they kill her chassis it will not destroy her, she will just go beck to grid and create new one somewhere else.

You forgot that she also command eternal fleet. Arcann and Vaylin powers are useless in space battles, they cant beat hundreds of ships which are now between them and throne. So they cant get close enough to throne to use their powers.

Even if they could, Scorpio on throne looks more like hologram then then robot, so even if they kill her chassis it will not destroy her, she will just go beck to grid and create new one somewhere else.

ok that makes a little more sense... But still I cannot believe that Arcaan and Vaylin won't be able to do something about it. Maybe there's a backdoor LOL or a circuit breaker box. :)

I actually liked the chapter. I think they've been pretty good since the dreadful Chapter 12. 14 was so short that it could have been tied to 15, but I'll not complain about that.

I've played through once, so far, and my BH is not really bothered about the new development. If anything, she may be thinking that Scorpio will help her get revenge on Arcann. Of course, Val is not going to like this situation and will probably force us to face Scorpio. But, my BH wouldn't want the throne, anyway, so being forced to face Scorpio would suck.

On the other hand, maybe Scorpio will end up helping us. The goal was to get control of the Eternal Fleet anyway. Scorpio has still not done anything directly against us. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

My Inquisitor is going to be pissed, though!

I give a 10/10 just like the last chapter:

no Valkorian sitting on my shoulder always condescendingly telling me what a disappointment I am.

I have my parents for that, thank you.

It was a decent chapter. Certain things didn't progress as they should have (why wait to go all the way to the shuttle bay when the ship starts firing at you among them). I liked the dark interior, made lightsabers and blaster fire really stand out visually.

The traps weren't great, but were a change of pace. Could have used a lot less knockbacks though. felt like I was on my *** for half of the chapter.

Edited by Drachehexe

i rarely write: I think it was the worst chapter by far. who didn't see it coming moreover I would have never let her join me in the first place. This would never have happened.

AND:

Marco_invictus ~sorry: The most powerful force user and the second most powerful force user are stuck in one body. Why was there even a fight. Just darth mar the stupid droid crush it into bits and chapter over. Seriously why do i even need a light saber. This story is so contrived.

THIS^^^^^^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really enjoyed the chapter because I liked the "Space Odyssey 2001" feel of a lot of it.

But it's not at the level of the Vette or Aric chapters. Those ones were pretty much perfect for me. So I say 9/10 for this one.

Edited by Darkbloom

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.