The extra character slot sale is lackluster

SNCommand

Asking people to level 8 characters to level 50 to achieve the highest reward level is quite the demand, then demanding they pay 450 cartel coins per new character slot if you've already filled all your slots is unfair

I'm sorry, but if we're not going to get retroactively awarded for leveling a dozen or more characters to level 50 since launch, it is extremely unfair to ask us to pay a monthly subscription allowance in cartel coins 8 times

I've got nothing against the event in general, unlike many people I think giving people an incentive, be it new or old player, to experience the old content is great, and it is completely optional, but don't take away the ability to experience the event because you've already been a long time player of the game

This event clearly has not been designed with a majority of veteran players in mind.

(Disclaimer: I am NOT saying that the majority are veteran players, just that it hasn't been designed under the premise that the majority are veteran players...)

You're lucky you're allowed to take part with your existing account at all. Imagine this would be a real new player promotion for which only new accounts were eligible. :rolleyes:(Don't you feel lucky and grateful now?)

This event clearly has not been designed with a majority of veteran players in mind.

(Disclaimer: I am NOT saying that the majority are veteran players, just that it hasn't been designed under the premise that the majority are veteran players...)

You're lucky you're allowed to take part with your existing account at all. Imagine this would be a real new player promotion for which only new accounts were eligible. :rolleyes:(Don't you feel lucky and grateful now?)

This event is ABSOLUTELY clearly designed with the veteran players in mind. It will be a HUGE cash win fall for them. some in the segment will spend in game credits for over priced CM slots, but those slots are still bought by either the small percentage of whale players or most importantly the credit sellers who feed the CM market cash.

so your welcome vertans, BW loves you enough to know its time to milk you for more cash before the end.

Asking people to level 8 characters to level 50 to achieve the highest reward level is quite the demand, then demanding they pay 450 cartel coins per new character slot if you've already filled all your slots is unfair

I'm sorry, but if we're not going to get retroactively awarded for leveling a dozen or more characters to level 50 since launch, it is extremely unfair to ask us to pay a monthly subscription allowance in cartel coins 8 times

I've got nothing against the event in general, unlike many people I think giving people an incentive, be it new or old player, to experience the old content is great, and it is completely optional, but don't take away the ability to experience the event because you've already been a long time player of the game

Someone is misusing the word 'demand'....

No one is 'demanding' anything...if you do not want to participate...then don't

This event is ABSOLUTELY clearly designed with the veteran players in mind. It will be a HUGE cash win fall for them. some in the segment will spend in game credits for over priced CM slots, but those slots are still bought by either the small percentage of whale players or most importantly the credit sellers who feed the CM market cash.

so your welcome vertans, BW loves you enough to know its time to milk you for more cash before the end.

Not really, no, not if they are just now thinking about increasing character slots per server. If they had mainly veteran players in mind, it should have occurred to them that after 4 years, months of 12x XP, months of discounted transfers, plus level 60 character tokens a good number of players have filled all the slots.

It may have been designed with their money in mind, but certainly not with their situation and experience.

I'm not getting this part.

It occurs to me, that you simply create one character at a time on a new server (where you have slots available), complete the entire "event", then click on someone's referral link (thereby gaining a one time free server transfer), and send one of the completed characters to your main server.

So you get to carry over everything you've earned onto your established legacy?

Or am I missing something?

I'm stating that is you do wish to participate certain demands are to be met, if you read more carefully you will see I open up with 'asking', then moving over to 'demanding' on the chance that a player decides to participate, myself I hoped to participate, but I'm less sure now that it seems I will be demanded to pay more money just to get the opportunity to do so

Actually, it is pretty accurate: if you have all your slots filled up, you HAVE to buy new character slots to participate, hence why the word "demand".

So, if you don't have any more character slots available, you are FORCED, DEMANDED, REQUESTED to buy slots to participate.

Capische?

Considering that the last sale was 300cc -- and that now purchasing more slots is necessary for some people to preserve their toons that they have already played and have an investment rather than deleting them -- 450cc is a joke. That is not being accommodating, not even close. 100cc would have been decent of them. 300cc expected. 450... no.

I am fortunate that I have a spare slot on my primary server. I'll create a trash toon, probably name it "Empty Slot", and then just keep using it for the other 7 classes.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I am fortunate that I have a spare slot on my primary server. I'll create a trash toon, probably name it "Empty Slot", and then just keep using it for the other 7 classes.

I don't think it is that easy. From what I read, you have to keep two (first and last) as some of the rewards are character-specific, so if you delete, then you will not get those rewards.

I agree that the slot sale is lackluster. We haven't had a sale on these in a long while, so they're really due (regardless of the event) and 450CC is not it.

I don't think it is that easy. From what I read, you have to keep two (first and last) as some of the rewards are character-specific, so if you delete, then you will not get those rewards.

I agree that the slot sale is lackluster. We haven't had a sale on these in a long while, so they're really due (regardless of the event) and 450CC is not it.

You'll need two slots for the 65s (since these will be the biggest ones you'll need).

Then you can probably cycle through a 3rd for the other 50s.