Petition: Retroactive For Dark Vs Light Event For Veteran Players and...

DarthEnrique

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necessarily agree with the proposal (though I don't disagree too vehemently) but I absolutely believe they need to find a way to involve existing characters in this event. Edited by Ceinwyn
grammar correction

Signed.

But I don't expect to see characters who have completed everything (all acts, KotFE chapters, expansions, etc) to be included.

I can see them making retroactive for characters who haven't started KotFE, haven't hit level 50-65 or something like that or haven't completed their class quest.

It's a new event. Rewards for the new event are earned by participating in the new event. Nobody owes you anything retroactively.

Sure, nobody owes me for doing all the flashpoints 25+ times or countless ops I did those past years. Shouldn't be even mentioned, it's obviously not what a "legendary" player does. "Legendary" players are the ones that will do what most of us have done in two weeks and then drop the game.

Obviously.

Signed

Bioware or EA....I don't even know anymore....learn to communicate with your player base before you release these 'events' maybe you will get positive and constructive feedback not the negative posting you are getting right now after the fact.

Petition: Retroactive For Dark Vs Light Event For Veteran Players and players who have already done part of the achievements and allow people who fall short of legendary player to get it with currently active characters.

Also, make items inside the DarkvLight packs Bind on-equip not bind on-pickup as they are Cartel Market items.

It's fair to all. Sign below.

Side note: Surprised this petition hasn't been started.

So basically you all just want free stuff. Got it :rolleyes:

I'm a founder. Been here since beta. Does it mean anything? Nope. It only says I've been a long time player and supporter of BW through my subscription. That said, I don't feel insulted, slapped in the face or whatever by this event, but I do feel disappointed.

The event is all fun and dandy FOR THE NEW PLAYERS. For those who just start their adventure with SWTOR it is going to be a fun, challenging adventure trying to get as many of those achievements as they can in the given time.

For a veteran like me, however? For someone who has completed all 8 storylines multiple times? It is going to be a painful, boring, tedious grind for very little reward. Because gambling packs certainly do not feel like much of a reward, sadly.

Of course, I can choose to not do it (which is precisely my plan), of course, no one forces me to participate, but it doesn't change the fact that veterans have once again been left behind. And that's why I give this silly petition a +1 from me, pointless as it is.

Edited by Calarand

So basically you all just want free stuff. Got it :rolleyes:

Wow, great job simplifying what we're asking for into something trivial. Ever hear of something called "empathy?" You should try it. It's not free stuff the veterans want. It's acknowledgement of the achievements we've worked, AND paid for, over the last 5 years to get.

If players have already done every tactical flashpoint (imp/rep side), all HM flashpoints (imp/rep again), all operations, finished every expansion, leveled every crafting skill to 550, got all 8 classes to level 50, and more, then why in the world should it NOT count?

/Signed

This 'event' is an insult.

Yes we don't need to take part in it but Bioware should get the message that calling something an 'event' and releasing no new content ( have to say that again--NO NEW CONTENT) is unacceptable.

I'm not mad about this LS/DS thing, I find it sad that this is the level Bioware is on right now.

This isn't going to bring in new players and most definitely isn't bringing back players that have walked away since awful KOTFE arrived.

Wow, great job simplifying what we're asking for into something trivial. Ever hear of something called "empathy?" You should try it. It's not free stuff the veterans want. It's acknowledgement of the achievements we've worked, AND paid for, over the last 5 years to get.

If players have already done every tactical flashpoint (imp/rep side), all HM flashpoints (imp/rep again), all operations, finished every expansion, leveled every crafting skill to 550, got all 8 classes to level 50, and more, then why in the world should it NOT count?

For me to empathise I need to understand what pains you.

I'm a veteran player, founder playing since launch. I've levelled every class and completed every story every which way possible. Why? Because I enjoy it, just like I'm going to enjoy this event because it's aimed at players like me.

I don't particularly like ops, and there is all sorts of rewards I can't get access to because I don't do them. Maybe I should run a petition so I can have the ops gear and decoration rewards for free because I'm a veteran player. Maybe I should run multiple threads complaining how BW disrespects me putting rewards into content I don't enjoy. I mean, it's clearly a slap in the face. I'm a veteran after all.

TL/DR - If you don't want to re-do old content then don't, this event is not really meant for you.

I don't particularly like ops, and there is all sorts of rewards I can't get access to because I don't do them. Maybe I should run a petition so I can have the ops gear and decoration rewards for free because I'm a veteran player. Maybe I should run multiple threads complaining how BW disrespects me putting rewards into content I don't enjoy. I mean, it's clearly a slap in the face. I'm a veteran after all.

TL/DR - If you don't want to re-do old content then don't, this event is not really meant for you.

First of all you contradict yourself here, by saying you don't do operations, and then try to make a smug remark about redoing it for the rewards.

Secondly, the most useless and non constructive refute of the "if you don't like, it don't play it" trope is useless because it will evidentially decide the course of a companion I may want in the future. It may be Revan for all we know, I sure as heck would want him to have the same alignment as I did if I played KOTFE, or maybe I may find this new companion interesting, but I didn't get to put my 2 cents to decide his alignment.

The largest problem for me is however, that I won't be able to get these rewards or participate in the event with my main characters. I have played SWTOR for three years, and I have only ever made 5 characters, as I feel very attached to most of them and like to build up their character as much as I can, however, with this new event, im missing out on them. I'm fine with missing out on PVP rewards as I hate tab targeting button mashing combat, but its my choice in the matter to decline the content on that character. At least let us do this event on our main characters.