Puzzled at the L/D event timing.

Drachehexe

Because it's summer time when there's usually a slump in player numbers and they need to put something out there that incentivizes players to go back and play existing content and bulk out the numbers.

It has nothing to do with the current season.

its called buying time...pacification... anything to keep subs paying till they figure out what to do next.

Well, the L/D even has a time limit, so why make it so some players have to lose part of that time going through the next KotFE chapter. Why not just wait a week, most should have KotFE caught up by then.

That and their attempt to give us "busy work" to keep people playing.

Or to get everyone through the story content, experience every facet of the game to help broaden peoples horizons, get everyone on the same page, and have them ready for the new stuff coming to swtor.

Step back for a second and stop thinking like a player, and think like a dev for a moment. Does it still seem so funny then?

It actually sounds pathetic then, a developer so sad and mad (and broke!) that nobody wants to play the old stuff again that they have to bribe people to do so.

Edited by Drachehexe

Or to get everyone through the story content, experience every facet of the game to help broaden peoples horizons, get everyone on the same page, and have them ready for the new stuff coming to swtor.

Yeah, but as I said elsewhere, they've set up the majority of the stuff meant to try new things and broaden people's horizons in a single all-or-nothing box. The person who completes 19 objectives and the person who completes 0 objectives gets precisely the same reward: nothing. So this event does nothing to encourage people to try new things (or do old things over again) due to the setup. Changing it so that X number of objectives is one tier, Y is another, and so on until those who complete all get the final prize would achieve this much better.

Edited by SFDebris

Step back for a second and stop thinking like a player, and think like a dev for a moment. Does it still seem so funny then?

Thinking like a dev:

I like my job. The pay is good. My bosses make idiotic decisions. I have to code this today. The pay is good. My bosses make stupid decisions. I have to code that by tomorrow. The pay is good. Even though I think it's stupid, I don't get paid to think. I get paid to "Do." The pay is good.

Ok. Yeah. Still almost funny.

I'm referring to Legendary tier. Legendary has 20 objectives that must be achieved, if you fail to achieve 20 you get nothing more than the person who reached Eternal and stopped.

True, but these real $ rewards sure are tempting to most though right

Yes.

Because players that didn't care in the slightest about pve or pvp in the past will still not care today or tomorrow. And gating some exclusive shiny stuff behind said content to "expand their horizons about other parts of the game" will not be of any incentive for most.

The only players who will go for it and try to reach legendary tier, will be those players who already actively take part in the parts of the game required for obtaining the rewards.

True, but these real $ rewards sure are tempting to most though right

Not really, you get almost twice as much for completing all the categories up to Eternal, which is a fraction of the work. 55 packs for what is an 11 step process vs 85 packs for a 48 step process, and the person who stopped at 11 gets just as much as the person who completes 47.

Why choose to launch the L/D "event" two days before the next chapter of KotFE drops?

Probably because events like Gree and Rakghoul reset at tuesdays, and the Legendary tier requires a set amount of kills / tokens obtained via these events. My bet is that LvD's end date will coincide with one of these events.

That's just a guess, though.

I wonder if anyone has considered that with Bioware's track record of the incredible likelihood that some accomplishments will fail to be recognized causing rewards to not be handed out. I mean, how many legendary players out there who still don't have the legendary player acknowledgement after two patches that were supposed to fix it?

I wonder if anyone has considered that with Bioware's track record of the incredible likelihood that some accomplishments will fail to be recognized causing rewards to not be handed out. I mean, how many legendary players out there who still don't have the legendary player acknowledgement after two patches that were supposed to fix it?

Watch what you say, whoever's in charge of irony might be reading.

You keep regurgitating that same line over and over like it's gospel. I really fail to see how that's even relevant to anything up to, and including, new content.

Because they are about to push a lot of drastic changes after the end of kotfe. They are taking a whole new tract based on all the pissed off feedback from 4.0

Because they are about to push a lot of drastic changes after the end of kotfe. They are taking a whole new tract based on all the pissed off feedback from 4.0

And how is everybody going through all the story content and other requirements for the LvD "event" going to prepare anyone for this "whole new tract"?

And how is everybody going through all the story content and other requirements for the LvD "event" going to prepare anyone for this "whole new tract"?

You should probably just take the summer off from the game if the event is the only thing you seem to be able to focus on and you feel so negatively about it.

Seriously.. this is a rewards based filler activity event (just like last summers 12x XP event). You don't have to do it, unless you want the goodies that come with progress through the event. Yet the 12x XP event was widely received as positive, even though it offered nothing for veteran players with capped level characters.

Edited by Andryah

Yet the 12x XP event was widely received as positive, even though it offered nothing for veteran players with capped level characters.

12xp offered no rewards other than accelerated leveling this on the other hand does.

Edited by rklontz