Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? O.o

Btw I've noticed a huge decline on the Imp Fleet on my server, usually over 100+ people been under 100... :eek:

I've had to explain it in gen chat about 8 times now and people do not believe that it is non-retroactive. They have resorted to insults such as "*******" or "retard" to get their point across. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

I've had to explain it in gen chat about 8 times now and people do not believe that it is non-retroactive. They have resorted to insults such as "*******" or "retard" to get their point across. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

I would tell them go read the forums from the company. That usually shuts them up.

Just to add my voice to the masses. I'm very disappoint that the event will not take into account previous progression. I've no problem with a number of the achievements being tied to a new character being created and running through the event. I do take issue with the higher level rewards requiring hard mode flash point completion, and ops completion. I do not want to level 8 classes to level 50, I already have 16 characters that have completed their story lines.

Bioware should have considered their veteran player base. At this rate, they might as well delete all our characters and say 'look at all the content you have!'.

Answer: Each level's objectives are tracked through the Legacy Achievement system. This means that you must finish the objectives within one Legacy in order to complete them.

-eric

Calling it now, people don't get credit for completing event objectives because they already had the achievement.

Calling it now, people don't get credit for completing event objectives because they already had the achievement.

I didn't even get started on the bugs I foresee with this. *cracks knuckles*. So many people will be pissed off when they are unable to get such things off the bat because of bugs.

I can totally see a bug like this popping up. Things will not get tracked properly (why would it be different from now?) and they will end up awarding everybody something or other as an apology in the end.

My question is why do they not check the forums in the first place?

they're blissfully ERPing on Ebon Hawk's Carrick or Vaikaden stations with their man-rping-as-chiss-fem girlfriends. Don't throw the political correctness book at me when you can clearly march to either and catch at least 2 instances of the above occurring at any given time.

I can totally see a bug like this popping up. Things will not get tracked properly (why would it be different from now?) and they will end up awarding everybody something or other as an apology in the end.

From what I can gather and please feel free to throw citations at me if i'm wrong, but there will be a whole seperate system to track in-event achievement.

they're blissfully ERPing on Ebon Hawk's Carrick or Vaikaden stations with their man-rping-as-chiss-fem girlfriends. Don't throw the political correctness book at me when you can clearly march to either and catch at least 2 instances of the above occurring at any given time.

ERPing... Do some people not have a life they gotta retort to fake sex instead of getting real sex? :rolleyes:

If anyone participates...

Sadly, I'm not one to back down from this challenge willingly. It has been presented, and I will more than likely attempt it. While finding a group to do so will be difficult given my work schedule; i'm sure I can find ways around.

Sadly, I'm not one to back down from this challenge willingly. It has been presented, and I will more than likely attempt it. While finding a group to do so will be difficult given my work schedule; i'm sure I can find ways around.

Don't be surprised if no one wants to do groups, PvP, etc. out of protest...

Question:

A friend of mine just read that and was wondering something. She was wondering if they are actually contradictory themselves on the answers.

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

Answer: Each level's objectives are tracked through the Legacy Achievement system. This means that you must finish the objectives within one Legacy in order to complete them.

-eric

You have to start a new toon to get some of the achievements like 25 etc but yet the other post seems to indicate they are tracked through the legacy system so if you have room on your account for a new character would that not seem to indicate that the achievements are already there in your legacy.

Just a question. I have no idea though it does seem they are unsure of things.

Question:

A friend of mine just read that and was wondering something. She was wondering if they are actually contradictory themselves on the answers.

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

-eric

You have to start a new toon to get some of the achievements like 25 etc but yet the other post seems to indicate they are tracked through the legacy system so if you have room on your account for a new character would that not seem to indicate that the achievements are already there in your legacy.

So just to give my 2 cents on hopw it will work.

This event will literally / physically appear under the legacy window. Just like gree / rakghoul / bounty week events. There will be achievements (which are extremly similar to other achivements) within this event's window.

Question:

-eric

-eric

Oh, don't worry... they don't know, either. You know it's not going to track properly.

Probably, they will put it under Events in the legacy tracker. But, I'm guessing sometimes it will track there and not on the main tracker or vice-versa.

First they came for the GSF players, but I don't play GSF so I didn't notice.

Then they came for the PvPers, but I don't PVP so I said nothing.

Then they came for the Raiders, I only do story so I didn't care.

Now they came for the story players and now no one is left to care.

Question:

-eric

-eric

Go look behind the spoilers tab of the individual level guides. All of the achievements have a new name. Dark vs Light: [Achievement name]. They may have the same requirements as old achievements but they are new and so no existing legacy will have met the requirements when the event goes live.

Also I suspect the achievements are only triggered by new characters flagged as being eligible.

Oh, don't worry... they don't know, either. You know it's not going to track properly.

Probably, they will put it under Events in the legacy tracker. But, I'm guessing sometimes it will track there and not on the main tracker or vice-versa.

Probably she's just the type to take it apart and place them together to find inconsistent statements and then want to find the truth in the statements.

(A) They're putting out Story content every month, twice this calendar month in fact, so no even with a break between seasons surely coming, this promotion really isn't anyone "coming for" them.

(B) Realistic last line is: "Now they came for the story players, so I stopped playing a video game that was no longer fun for me and moved on with my life."

Edited by DarthDymond

A little bit in bad taste but what exactly are they doing to the story players?

Last two chapters of season one still to come, season two under development.

KotFE may have fallen a little short from the class based story telling of the original launch but it is far better than the Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan expansions.

Go look behind the spoilers tab of the individual level guides. All of the achievements have a new name. Dark vs Light: [Achievement name]. They may have the same requirements as old achievements but they are new and so no existing legacy will have met the requirements when the event goes live.

Also I suspect the achievements are only triggered by new characters flagged as being eligible.

So they are essentially saying your things you did before don't matter and screw you. We want you to do all over again because we are too lazy to make new content so you have to do this all over again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.