Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

I wonder which event would take more for it to be complete. This one or WoW's famous "Gates of Ahn'Qiraj" event.

well i calculated about 130 hours for a veteran player assuming your going for everything, but i could be wrong.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have a few questions about the timing of events. Since they have to be completed in order, and all.

#1 - If I complete the Intro to Strongholds quest on the first toon I level, will it count when it gets to the later stage? Or will I have to do it on a toon that's specifically levelled on that stage

#2 - Since in order to progress to the Legendary stage, you have to level 2 toons to 65, one Imp, one Pub. Will these two toons count towards the 8 characters to 50, or will I have to level 8 *additional* LS/DS toons in addition to the toons I've already levelled?

I wont even be able to get the full legacy armor set because the final pieces, boots and gloves are in the rank that requires pvp. :/

Makes no sense really when its a set that is only going to benefit PVE'ers.

Not that I agree with this event or a previous one, but this kinda sounds like the first rak event (subs 6 months later so missed it also) But then BOOM they added those armor sets form that event. So who knows if they will keep their word and NEVER bring back this armor set, or release it again in 2-3 years. And for people who are scared of pvp (don't mean to be insulting) but its only 5 matches and valor 5 which is very easy. I pvp almost daily and its fun because I like (need 19k more for Manhunter) But yes you are correct in that the pvp community is VERY toxic, but its only 5 not 50. (which I would be happy to do, heck 100 WZs, over leveling 8 characters to 50 and 2 to 65 in less then 90-120 days.) Hopefully that info helps. May the Force be with you.

So, I have a few questions about the timing of events. Since they have to be completed in order, and all.

#1 - If I complete the Intro to Strongholds quest on the first toon I level, will it count when it gets to the later stage? Or will I have to do it on a toon that's specifically levelled on that stage

#2 - Since in order to progress to the Legendary stage, you have to level 2 toons to 65, one Imp, one Pub. Will these two toons count towards the 8 characters to 50, or will I have to level 8 *additional* LS/DS toons in addition to the toons I've already levelled?

You can do them out of order but the character must be the special L/D one for the achievement.

So far until Eric or someone else answers, I think its to get to the next tier you MUST complete the tier before it, meaning anything you do will NOT count for a later tier until unlocked. (yeah I know its stupid but w/e its their "event") And yes so far that this known, those lv 65s will count for the lv50 requirement.

So far until Eric or someone else answers, I think its to get to the next tier you MUST complete the tier before it, meaning anything you do will NOT count for a later tier until unlocked. (yeah I know its stupid but w/e its their "event") And yes so far that this known, those lv 65s will count for the lv50 requirement.

you get the tears by achievements, so you should be able to do them out of order because it will be available to track in your legacy. So im 99.9999% sure you can do different tear achievements and still get everything.

Wish I was a MEATBAG but sadly I still need to do The Foundry about 18 or 19 more times on HM, but I will become a MEATBAG! Though I have a Simulated Meatbag so maybe that counts? :p Yeah I started playing SWTOR because I got KOTOR 1 and 2 and didn't come out of room for 4 days (81 hours on the first one because of replays a couple of times.) and saw it was connected. I have Revan's reborn set, but not the original set (only have the chest and pants because who knows lol) And yeah, the prices on the GTN on multiple servers is just beyond stupid on quite a few things.

You're a simulated "MEATBAG" so it counts hehe! I own both and the Holostatue just need the Statue of Revan and I'll have everything but I'm sure as hell not gonna pay what people are asking for it. Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll drop from one of the packs cause it's not like none of the rare items aren't included in this pack could be considered the "and more!" along with Revan's original armor set.

Not that I agree with this event or a previous one, but this kinda sounds like the first rak event (subs 6 months later so missed it also) But then BOOM they added those armor sets form that event. So who knows if they will keep their word and NEVER bring back this armor set, or release it again in 2-3 years. And for people who are scared of pvp (don't mean to be insulting) but its only 5 matches and valor 5 which is very easy. I pvp almost daily and its fun because I like (need 19k more for Manhunter) But yes you are correct in that the pvp community is VERY toxic, but its only 5 not 50. (which I would be happy to do, heck 100 WZs, over leveling 8 characters to 50 and 2 to 65 in less then 90-120 days.) Hopefully that info helps. May the Force be with you.

Unfortunately, 1 is all it takes to trigger a panic attack or high anxiety. Stepping foot in to a PVP zone, immediately knowing there are other players there about to start shooting or swinging at me is all it takes. It's not a matter of being scared, it's something I have no control over. It instantly increases my heart rate which instantly triggers anxiety that can lead to an attack. Just one of those things!

No, anything you do will count just fine. They made everything an achievement to track it. It just probably won't unlock until you have completed the previous tiers as well. So, basically when completing 1 thing from a later tier, you will pop the achievement, but you won't get any rewards until you are all caught up.

Story of my life for everything, not just games. It makes living with mental disorders even more difficult to.

I have friends who are in the same boat, PVP is a big trigger for anxiety and panic disorders so any time this is forced we get cut off from that content. I was looking forward to this event, I was even looking forward to playing all of the class stories again ( I very much enjoyed each of them ). Until I realised how early on those of us who can't PVP are cut off.

Hopefully this helps. Turn off the chat bar, then you can't see what the other jerks are typing, do 5 WZs and done and over with and then you never have to pvp again. Yeah it stinks you have to do content you don't like, but for me I dislike having to level 8 characters to 50 and wish I had to 50-100 WZs. We all like different parts of the game but to get some rewards we are "forced" (as it is a optional "event") to do content we would rather not do nor like. Hopefully that little hint helps you get what you want. :) May the Force be with you.

Edited by Lakemine

No, anything you do will count just fine. They made everything an achievement to track it. It just probably won't unlock until you have completed the previous tiers as well. So, basically when completing 1 thing from a later tier, you will pop the achievement, but you won't get any rewards until you are all caught up.

Well of course seeing as the tiers are cumulative where each one requires a bit more its not designed for you to skip a tier, but ya you can do achievements out of order and it will be fine.

you get the tears by achievements, so you should be able to do them out of order because it will be available to track in your legacy. So im 99.9999% sure you can do different tear achievements and still get everything.

Oh happy day! You sir are draining the anger and hate from me about this. *bow* thank you sir.

You're a simulated "MEATBAG" so it counts hehe! I own both and the Holostatue just need the Statue of Revan and I'll have everything but I'm sure as hell not gonna pay what people are asking for it. Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll drop from one of the packs cause it's not like none of the rare items aren't included in this pack could be considered the "and more!" along with Revan's original armor set.

YAY! And just to um...well I don't know but tell you I guess....I got Revan's statue for 300k...and then got another one 2 weeks later and gave it to my mom rofl

I wont even be able to get the full legacy armor set because the final pieces, boots and gloves are in the rank that requires pvp. :/

Makes no sense really when its a set that is only going to benefit PVE'ers.

At first PVP seems intimidating but it can really be a lot of fun. In fact, it can be refreshingly different from the same dull PVE content. Try it again with an open mind and you may enjoy it.

Unfortunately, 1 is all it takes to trigger a panic attack or high anxiety. Stepping foot in to a PVP zone, immediately knowing there are other players there about to start shooting or swinging at me is all it takes. It's not a matter of being scared, it's something I have no control over. It instantly increases my heart rate which instantly triggers anxiety that can lead to an attack. Just one of those things!

*Bows out of respect for you* I am sorry to hear that. My mom was like that doing pvp for the first time (and for the next 6 months) and before doing Ops, let alone HM Ops, which she does with a team now. For me the rising blood pressure and heart rate is being I get to smack down other players lol. Its more fun then playing against AI, your playing against other players to can outsmart you. Its more engaging and fun. (Though having gear required kinda lowers it a bit, unlike pvp in GW2, but that's another conversation.) Well hopefully there might be something to help you get the rewards you want or maybe shuffling around the rewards so you can get the companion or something else you want without pvp, and make pvp only required for the Legnedary tier (which really is just for people that want to grind and show off) Course for me I wish there was more pvp and gsf required then leveling 8 characters I'm just going to delete as soon as I hit 50 lol. But that's what makes a MMO great (well should anyways) different content for different people. :) May the Force be with you.

People don't care.... That's the problem instead of being understanding and adjusting to the person with a disorder they blame the person for something they can't help....

People don't care.... That's the problem instead of being understanding and adjusting to the person with a disorder they blame the person for something they can't help....

*nod* Very true and sad indeed. When people lose respect for each other, this is what happens. I know that I am rare, but even if you did something wrong, and someone yelled at you, I would defend you. I do with it my mom, some sibs and some friends who arnt as good as me or others. (The only time I don't is when I'm with guildys and we are going against some rival guilds or other friends on a opposite faction are we are just trolling each other.) Just because they arnt as good in a specific content, doesn't mean they should get yelled at, especially with all the nasty names people come up with. Besides, defending my friends and making them more rilled up? WAY to much fun rofl......yeah I'm weird, I'm fully lightside (which some dark side here and there, Kira for JK ect ect) but I LOVE going lightside on the impside because it ticks SO many people and NPCs rofl But hey, they are the ones who called them out and put a target on their heads, and me and my HK droids LOVE hitting targets :p

I've got a bad feeling about this "expansion"

You and me both. Honestly here's what Bioware needs to do to fix this:

1. Make it retroactive. People aren't gonna want to do 3 toons on a different server cause everything requires the legacy and it makes all the hard work already done pointless and is a huge slap in the face.

2. Change the CM items back to bind on equip instead of bind on pick up. I understand and support the packs being bound on pick-up that you get through the event cause people will just sell them high but not the items inside when they are CM items. There are people who either already have the items and have to destroy them instead of making a profit off them or being able to give them to a friend who wants them or you just don't want it.. if you don't want an item you should have a choice what is done with it that either benefits you or benefits your friend not stuck with something you don't want or already have...

Edited by DarthEnrique

*nod* Very true and sad indeed. When people lose respect for each other, this is what happens. I know that I am rare, but even if you did something wrong, and someone yelled at you, I would defend you. I do with it my mom, some sibs and some friends who arnt as good as me or others. (The only time I don't is when I'm with guildys and we are going against some rival guilds or other friends on a opposite faction are we are just trolling each other.) Just because they arnt as good in a specific content, doesn't mean they should get yelled at, especially with all the nasty names people come up with. Besides, defending my friends and making them more rilled up? WAY to much fun rofl......yeah I'm weird, I'm fully lightside (which some dark side here and there, Kira for JK ect ect) but I LOVE going lightside on the impside because it ticks SO many people and NPCs rofl But hey, they are the ones who called them out and put a target on their heads, and me and my HK droids LOVE hitting targets :p

I commend you for your uniqueness. :)

Hopefully this helps. Turn off the chat bar, then you can see what the other jerks are typing, do 5 WZs and done and over with and then you never have to pvp again. Yeah it stinks you have to do content you don't like, but for me I dislike having to level 8 characters to 50 and wish I had to 50-100 WZs. We all like different parts of the game but to get some rewards we are "forced" (as it is a optional "event") to do content we would rather not do nor like. Hopefully that little hint helps you get what you want. :) May the Force be with you.

As much as you intentions are good, look what will this event do to the game! You are actually suggesting for people to queue for a warzone and screw things for their teammates just because they don't like PVP. It wont be done in 1 day, you know. Meaning that for the full duration of the event warzones will be filled with chat-ignoring "don't-really-care" guys. And I didn't even mention what will happen to GSF, people will just queue and not spawn, since nearly no one vote kicks anyway...

My less harmful suggestion for people who fear (or call it however you wish) PVP, is to treat it like a GF ops or flashpoint with pugs. At least in this forum players shouldn't have problem with ops or flashpoints or PVP wont be their only complaint. So its just an ops with simple objective, nearly no tactics and no one will cast blame on you (long as you don't place yourself as a guard and fail, but you don't have to do that), just be among the whole group and do your thing (damage/ heal/ spam taunts) and remember that if you die, unlike versus bosses you get back in the fight in a matter of seconds (1 minute, max). Even if you die before you manage to do anything, Remember that it is your character dying (oops, fainting, since you get up after that), not real life you :D. Taking things in proportions and knowing that losses are rewarded as well should save you from any harmful reaction [but don't queue ranked, of course. All the problems you described can actually exist there].

Don't get me wrong, I believe the requirements for this event are ridiculous and slap veteran players in the face (I think you can find me around page 50-60 here). Heck, half this huge forum are people complaining about this event's unfairness toward veteran players and many are planning on leaving the game because of it (and even more can be found in private guild sites, I personally just saw another one) and I hope BioWare rethinks it before release (or you know what? after release, make a patch to change the things people complain about, such as retroactive recognition of crafters and story completions, leveling, and so on). But as I know BioWare for quite some time they are a lazy bunch who don't care about the players' comfort and fun and therefore constantly make such mistakes, so this was my suggestion for people who dislike PVP in the probable sad case that BioWare don't rething the whole thing...

There have been many, many asinine and ridiculous things said and done by this group of developers, but this takes it to a whole new level.

I don't believe I'm going to be on board with repeating all this stuff I have already done on 16+ characters. I just don't have the drive or desire to buy slots and/or delete-->create-->grind-->delete rinse and repeat characters to do this, even as much as I like the rewards, I just don't have the will for this again.

You and me both. Honestly here's what Bioware needs to do to fix this:

1. Make it retroactive. People aren't gonna want to do 3 toons on a different server cause everything requires the legacy and it makes all the hard work already done pointless and is a huge slap in the face.

2. Change the CM items back to bind on equip instead of bind on pick up. I understand and support the packs being bound on pick-up that you get through the event cause people will just sell them high but not the items inside when they are CM items. There are people who either already have the items and have to destroy them instead of making a profit off them or being able to give them to a friend who wants them or you just don't want it.. if you don't want an item you should have a choice what is done with it that either benefits you or benefits your friend not stuck with something you don't want or already have...

YES! Exactly that! (just a correction, 8 new toons, not 3, if you want legend).

Instead of everyone saying this again in different manners, I think people should quote this and say they agree, I think it increases the chances of bioware noticing or even accepting this (tried to do it around pages 50-60, but too many pages were added on top of it, lets try again!)

[clarification, don't quote me, quote my quote :D]

Edited by Rafiknoll

YES! Exactly that! (just a correction, 8 new toons, not 3, if you want legend).

Instead of everyone saying this again in different manners, I think people should quote this and say they agree, I think it increases the chances of bioware noticing or even accepting this (tried to do it around pages 50-60, but too many pages were added on top of it, lets try again!)

[clarification, don't quote me, quote my quote :D]

The achievements from the event are legacy bound or so I've read so that means once you've completed them they stay... I think... So you really don't need more then 3 toons cause you need 1 dark 1 light and 1 to do the other 6 classes... If I'm wrong then please feel free to correct me.

Add-on: A lot of people on here don't like me so they probably won't even though I'm supporting them when they didn't support me. Hehe! :p

Edited by DarthEnrique