Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Except they are new achievements. They may have the same requirements but they are new.

You missed the point/joke where that's exactly the issue there is going to be.

I think that 120 pages in less than day, with mostly negative comments, it's a clear show of the general sentiment most of us share. Sadly, even if quite a number of players joined in the discussion expressing their discontent both here and on Reddit, we all know that in the end nothing will be done.

I'm curious to see if they will be brave enough to share the final metrics to see how many players will actually achieve the legendary tier.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pack items are said to BoP, but be unlockable in collections.

That is ridiculous and makes it significantly harder to actually complete the collection. They really, really should just remove BoP and go to BoL across the board (well, storyline rewards could be excepted, I suppose).

I think that 120 pages in less than day, with mostly negative comments, it's a clear show of the general sentiment most of us share. Sadly, even if quite a number of players joined in the discussion expressing their discontent both here and on Reddit, we all know that in the end nothing will be done.

I'm curious to see if they will be brave enough to share the final metrics to see how many players will actually achieve the legendary tier.

Twitter the same way with a lot of negative comments as well.

My question is why do they not check the forums in the first place?

Well, DarthEnrique, it's a time sink. I am rarely on here anymore. There is way too much negativity most of the time & when I could be trolling forums, I could be playing instead. I tend to check in for more details on announcements, but most don't require even that.

Well, DarthEnrique, it's a time sink. I am rarely on here anymore. There is way too much negativity most of the time & when I could be trolling forums, I could be playing instead. I tend to check in for more details on announcements, but most don't require even that.

Yeah but they aren't even coming to the site to check for the event if they no nothing about it there's a huge freaking banter right at the top... :confused:

So they are essentially saying your things you did before don't matter and screw you. We want you to do all over again because we are too lazy to make new content so you have to do this all over again.

You've been here since the start of the debate (3rd post on this very thread). You know full well that's the case. What part of 'not retroactive' did you find hard to understand?

If you want the companion (Eternal) at most you have to level an Imp and a Rep to 65 (only one of which has to run the SoR and KotFE content). Clear 3 story FPs (can be doen solo), clear the tactical FPs (can be run by two players and companions if I recall, and some on that list also seem to be solo... although some confusion over which panel reference is right), clear first 5 bosses of EC.

Now being blunt, as FPs are repeatable content anyway and with no story levelling required you can fulfill most of that requirement as you level the characters I'm not sure what the hardship is?

Edited by Vhaegrant

You made a good point until you said you didn't have time. Most rewards are for those who can put in the time for the rewards.

Your choice of having 20 credits a semester (lol why, in that big of a hurry?) is not BW's fault that you cannot complete the requirements. I do agree most of it should be retroactive, but not because players won't have enough time. It should be retroactive because players earned the majority of the "new achievements" years ago.

I fully know my own real life choices aren't Bioware's worry, but its there to say that people like me (Adults with heavy-load jobs and/or school) will never been able to get to top tiers of this event without retroactive help.

I hope they realize the S-Storm they started by asking the most loyal subs to hit a reset button to make the most of the event. Even the people with the time to kill are angry by this.

BE BETTER BIOWARE. Make Rewards fair for anyone involved. This is nothing more then a heavy-handed attempt at getting a ton of Subs and give them free stuff as a reward.

School (off Topic)

As for my 20 credits a term; I'm 29, and ready to get into a career finally after 13 years of dead end jobs. The faster I get my Master's the better off I am.

Edited by mastervalkar

So in effect you want the requirement for Legendary level set so low those players that have been here for awhile will achieve it as soon as they log on while those new players will struggle. Yeah, I'm kind of glad you're not designing the events.

You've been here since the start of the debate. You know full well that's the case. What part of 'not retroactive' did you find hard to understand?

If you want the companion (Eternal) at most you have to level an Imp and a Rep to 65 (only one of which has to run the SoR and KotFE content). Clear 3 story FPs (can be doen solo), clear the tactical FPs (can be run by two players and companions if I recall, and some on that list also seem to be solo... although some confusion over which panel reference is right), clear first 5 bosses of EC.

Now being blunt, as FPs are repeatable content anyway and with no story levelling required you can fulfill most of that requirement as you level the characters I'm not sure what the hardship is?

Oh the companion would be nice but I am not sure the dark side companion is worth all this for me just another companion in my long list of ones (minus the ones I have killled) I don't use. Now if I could get the chiss one then yea but depending on the community no thank you.

And considering BW can't even be honest with the flashpoints as well it gives me question whether the achievements will be done right or not. More and likely they will screw that up again.

BE BETTER BIOWARE. Make Rewards fair for anyone involved. This is nothing more then a heavy-handed attempt at getting a ton of Subs and give them free stuff as a reward.

Trouble is they are being fair. Put the time in during the event and you get the rewards, applies to everyone new and old alike. I'm not sure you can get a better definition of fair than that.

Oh the companion would be nice but I am not sure the dark side companion is worth all this for me just another companion in my long list of ones (minus the ones I have killled) I don't use. Now if I could get the chiss one then yea but depending on the community no thank you.

And considering BW can't even be honest with the flashpoints as well it gives me question whether the achievements will be done right or not. More and likely they will screw that up again.

So don't do the event, do what you normally do during content lulls, for me that tends to be levelling up alts and running flashpoints and heroics.

I don't do PvP or OPs, I don't take to the forums moaning that yet more content I won't do.

The solo/tactical issue at champion level is a typo at best and could do with clarification, I don't think for a moment it is intentionally deceitful.

Edited by Vhaegrant

Trouble is they are being fair. Put the time in during the event and you get the rewards, applies to everyone new and old alike. I'm not sure you can get a better definition of fair than that.

Good'ol Obi-Wan's "....from a certain point view" applies here between opinions, so I'll agree to disagree. I see the "spirit" of the event as fair, but the realities for Sub are far from fair in my mind.

I'll continue my sub (no way at this point I'll stop it, too much money into the game to stop), but it will a while for me to get into this event. I'll be watching this forum and posts from the Devs. At some point, the anger alone from people like myself will force them to at least address the concerns. Will they fix anything? Not likely, but at least want a post or part of a Dev stream to respond to the worries.

So in effect you want the requirement for Legendary level set so low those players that have been here for awhile will achieve it as soon as they log on while those new players will struggle. Yeah, I'm kind of glad you're not designing the events.

If the requirements are low, how do low level players struggle exactly? :rolleyes:

If you want to try a cheap counter-argument, at least don't contraddict yourself.

You either haven't attempted to clear the content required for legendary tier in the past or have no idea what you're talking about.

The point is not that the requirements are high. The point is that people with no experience do not have enough time to learn everything that they need to know to clear raids and hm flashpoints, like tactics, roles, classes, rotations, therefore the entire legendary tier is completely nonsense for all but those few players that already have done it in the past 5 years. :rolleyes:

If the requirements are low, how do low level players struggle exactly? :rolleyes:

If you want to try a cheap counter-argument, at least don't contraddict yourself.

You either haven't attempted to clear the content required for legendary tier in the past or have no idea what you're talking about.

The point is not that the requirements are high. The point is that people with no experience do not have enough time to learn everything that they need to know to clear raids and hm flashpoints, like tactics, roles, classes, rotations, therefore the entire legendary tier is completely nonsense for all but those few players that already have done it in the past 5 years. :rolleyes:

No contradiction in fact you confirm my point.

You want the bar set so low with retroactive achievement recognition that many of the long term raiders will already have them unlocked.

And yet new players are expected to clear the same content in a matter of months.

Personally I think you'd have to be slightly deranged to attempt to get Legendary whether a veteran or newcomer, but as all the rewards that look good are available for Eternal and lower, and they look pretty easy to complete I think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I'd have to go look in my achievements panel, as I don't run OPs and rarely PvP I'm guessing the answer will be no. I do however have the little gold icon by my portrait and nameplate for having completed all class stories to chapter 3. Something which as far as I can see isn't being affected by this.

Edited by Vhaegrant

My initial reaction as I read the event details was not good. It felt like a heap of grinding and things to do that I had already done (aside from operations), as I have 14 max level toons and 11 more in the level 15 range. The prospect of doing it all over again seemed daunting.

But once I've read the guides after calming down a bit, it does not seem to be that bad really. I only need to level one (or 2) toons to get everything beside the final tier of rewards, which I was about to do anyways. Now I just need to do it in the time frame of the event.. I do not think that I would get the final tier of rewards, but I wish those who goes for it all the luck :)

One good thing is that this will certainly boost up the queue timer for everything from Warzones to operations, so that should excite that segment of the players.

Yet Bioware brilliantly suggest you just make toons on a new server...

That's why people are upset. Because we got hat answer instead of one being helpful and letting us still stay on the server we want. (Though like the helpful person on this forum posted you really only 3 slots open for Legendary tier maybe even 2)

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

First post ever in over 4 years. I am sure it will be swallowed up in all the other posts here on this.

I can't explain how disappointed I am in this. Others here have done so more effectively.

All I can do is add another post of dissatisfaction in hopes with enough it will promote a change.

I have 8 alts and have grinded through pretty much everything over the last 4 years. Solo content - PVE groups - Conquests - And even PVP in the last year.

To hear now that the new content for this game will be to do that all over again? Ugh! That is not fun that is not an enjoyable game. Plus the characters I have enjoyed playing for the last four years are just shelved with nothing for them to do.

Sorry, but there has been some good expansion and some mediocre ones over the years. But this one, no thanks!

Edited by Valgrimur

That's why people are upset. Because we got hat answer instead of one being helpful and letting us still stay on the server we want. (Though like the helpful person on this forum posted you really only 3 slots open for Legendary tier maybe even 2)

That whole server thing is cause I'm guessing this is their way of telling people we're not gonna merge servers so stop asking,,, at least that wouldn't surprise me any.

Edited by DarthEnrique

This has to be THE WORST idea this team of clowns has ever come up with. The degree to which it punishes its own players is directly proportional to the amount of time players have spent playing the game. I don't know WHAT you guys are thinking.

Thanks for the middle finger, but you'd better give the biggest apology you ever have if you want anyone to care about your new Star Wars MMO, because at this point you're punishing your loyal fanbase. A lot of us aren't going to bother with SWTOR 2 or whatever your upcoming MMO is. You have more than crossed the line at this point. Good luck recovering from this.

I want the Chiss companion, but I'm still 50/50 on whether it is worth putting in all the work to earn the companion... and then to find out at the end that the Dark Side won and we're all stuck with Mrs Maul.

I knew it day one that mentioned a new companion incoming based on lightside/darkside totals across the entire game. Kinda lame imo, because either way, half the community misses out and is upset they didn't get what they wanted......Thought choices matter? Think again:p

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

Eric.

Please tell the people who made that decision "thank you" for making zero participation in the event an easy choice.

Some of us have no more character slots and have already played through all the class stories, and multiple times on those we liked.

I will not be participating in this event, but my reason is a simple one. I just can't get through the goofy Republic class stories. I really did give them a shot, but I just couldn't do it. Been reading the backlash, back and forth, and I'm biting my tongue, but will say this much, "I've been here since day 1 and I feel your pain Founders."

So it's business as usual for me... back into the shadows. :eek:

I like the shadows also....though my heart is more light gray. Also you don't have to do ANY of the storylines for the "Level all 8 classes" its just level them to lv50. Now you will have to do the flashpoints on the republic side, so yeah you will have to do those storylines.

No contradiction in fact you confirm my point.

You want the bar set so low with retroactive achievement recognition that many of the long term raiders will already have them unlocked.

And yet new players are expected to clear the same content in a matter of months.

Personally I think you'd have to be slightly deranged to attempt to get Legendary whether a veteran or newcomer, but as all the rewards that look good are available for Eternal and lower, and they look pretty easy to complete I think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I'd have to go look in my achievements panel, as I don't run OPs and rarely PvP I'm guessing the answer will be no. I do however have the little gold icon by my portrait and nameplate for having completed all class stories to chapter 3. Something which as far as I can see isn't being affected by this.

The thing is they are being stupid with the legendary status. You need to use a new toon when some of us have fully geared toons that could help those through the hard mode flashpoints but no bioware is punishing people by not allowing us to use our fully geared toons and please no gear they give out will be as good as the gear people have that are used to running these flashpoints and operations. It is like they want people to fail the hard modes and operations with the cheap gear they give out.

Eric.

Please tell the people who made that decision "thank you" for making zero participation in the event an easy choice.

Some of us have no more character slots and have already played through all the class stories, and multiple times on those we liked.

^ This. And on a side note can we change the event name to this dudes forum name? Because at this rate I think "Max Killjoy" would be a better name than "Dark vs Light" considering the amount of community letdown with this so called "Event".

Edited by AutoCocker