A few questions regarding Mandalore's revenge...

Aeristash

1. Did anyone get to confront Arcann with Mandalore like the advertisement said? Because I sure didn't. I got to confront a sky trooper factory with Mandalore while Arcann sat billions of light years away watching me from surveillance, but direct or communicative confrontation with him? Neh, that didn't happen for me. Not even a holo argument. It's more accurate to say I confronted the Zakuul empire, but I seem to do that routinely anyway. Something about the way that chapter was advertised and the way it went down has given me the irritating notion that I was taken for a ride by click bait or rather subscribe bait.

2. Why couldn't I shoot Torian? Torian abandoned my wife Mako on Cadera so he could follow Mandalore. Let me repeat... He abandoned his leaders woman by her lonesome so he could follow a different leader. Sorry, you did what again!? Don't know about anyone else, but I feel there should've been a 'dismantle Torian' option there. His statement was asinine and the way he just casually dropped that he left my small hacker wife to bring home the bacon by herself on the bounty hunter circuit was nothing short of enraging. If he had been lost, you can be sure my Mando would make sure his woman and children would be taken care of the rest of her days and want for nothing.

1. Did anyone get to confront Arcann with Mandalore like the advertisement said? Because I sure didn't. I got to confront a sky trooper factory with Mandalore while Arcann sat billions of light years away watching me from surveillance, but direct or communicative confrontation with him? Neh, that didn't happen for me. Not even a holo argument. It's more accurate to say I confronted the Zakuul empire, but I seem to do that routinely anyway. Something about the way that chapter was advertised and the way it went down has given me the irritating notion that I was taken for a ride by click bait or rather subscribe bait.

2. Why couldn't I shoot Torian? Torian abandoned my wife Mako on Cadera so he could follow Mandalore. Let me repeat... He abandoned his leaders woman by her lonesome so he could follow a different leader. Sorry, you did what again!? Don't know about anyone else, but I feel there should've been a 'dismantle Torian' option there. His statement was asinine and the way he just casually dropped that he left my small hacker wife to bring home the bacon by herself on the bounty hunter circuit was nothing short of enraging. If he had been lost, you can be sure my Mando would make sure his woman and children would be taken care of the rest of her days and want for nothing.

1. I'm pretty sure they said we would start taking the fight to Arcann, as in being aggressive in our campaign against the EE,not actually fighting him.

2. So? A majority of the companions did the exact same thing. You're mad because you feel like your female comp need protecting in your absence? Pretty sure she can handle herself or at least get by. Lighten up.

1. I'm pretty sure they said we would start taking the fight to Arcann, as in being aggressive in our campaign against the EE,not actually fighting him.

Because we've been sitting on our thumbs all this time? >_>

2. So? A majority of the companions did the exact same thing. You're mad because you feel like your female comp need protecting in your absence? Pretty sure she can handle herself or at least get by. Lighten up.

Just like she could make it on her own off hutta? Mako is a technician. Her trade is acquiring targets, but she still needs a hunter to take down the targets for her. Mako may be married to a Mando but she's no warrior herself. That was my, then Torians job and now she's been deserted with no one. of course I'm worried. I recognize her strengths & weaknesses and so should that idiot Torian. Some people can work alone and some people can only work as support to others. Mako falls under the latter.

Edited by Aeristash

1. Why couldn't I shoot Torian? Torian abandoned my wife Mako on Cadera so he could follow Mandalore. Let me repeat... He abandoned his leaders woman by her lonesome so he could follow a different leader. Sorry, you did what again!? Don't know about anyone else, but I feel there should've been a 'dismantle Torian' option there. His statement was asinine and the way he just casually dropped that he left my small hacker wife to bring home the bacon by herself on the bounty hunter circuit was nothing short of enraging. If he had been lost, you can be sure my Mando would make sure his woman and children would be taken care of the rest of her days and want for nothing.

Wait, what? Torian got back together with Mako? Even after you married her?

Does he do that if you married him too? Ugh, if so, Jacob Taylored again, and that's it for me.

also

Torian is Mando. If you're mando and the banners call, especially Mandalore, wherever you're at, you're GONE. Doesn't matter if you're with a king, queen, whatever. He'd also know Mako would be safer away from the Mando's as they're going to war.

Does he do that if you married him too? Ugh, if so, Jacob Taylored again, and that's it for me.

No, I don't think that's quite right. I think they just stuck together as business partners, from what I've read. She still gets targets, Torian brings 'em in.

lol no :p They had a business relationship like she had with Braden and the hunter. She acquires the targets and Torian hunts them for money. After the angry uproar Jacobs infidelity caused, I doubt bioware wants another piece of that action from the fanbase. :D

also

Torian is Mando. If you're mando and the banners call, especially Mandalore, wherever you're at, you're GONE. Doesn't matter if you're with a king, queen, whatever. He'd also know Mako would be safer away from the Mando's as they're going to war.

I'm not saying Torian shouldn't have joined with the rest of the clans, I'm saying he should've taken Mako with him. She was the wife of a Mando war hero, the great hunt champion and the liaison for imperial relations to boot. If he had explained her ties to Shae, the clans would've been honor bound to help her out and adopt her into one of the other clans if the bh clan had been wiped out. Besides that, her hacking expertise would've been invaluable to Shae in getting info on targets and building schematics. It's not like she couldn't have pulled her own weight.

I recognize her strengths & weaknesses and so should that idiot Torian. Some people can work alone and some people can only work as support to others. Mako falls under the latter.

You thought she'd be a pushover, huh? Well, she's not just the pretty sidekick, buster!

I'm not saying Torian shouldn't have joined with the rest of the clans, I'm saying he should've taken Mako with him. She was the wife of a Mando war hero, the great hunt champion and the liaison for imperial relations to boot. If he had explained her ties to Shae, the clans would've been honor bound to help her out and adopt her into one of the other clans if the bh clan had been wiped out. Besides that, her hacking expertise would've been invaluable to Shae in getting info on targets and building schematics. It's not like she couldn't have pulled her own weight.

Someone didn't read Mako's letter.

After you "died", she decided she had enough. She's decided she wants out of the bounty hunting business for good. She wouldn't want to join up with a gang that gets themselves killed every day of the week.

So in all likelihood, maybe Torian did ask her to come, but she said no.

Someone didn't read Mako's letter.

After you "died", she decided she had enough. She's decided she wants out of the bounty hunting business for good. She wouldn't want to join up with a gang that gets themselves killed every day of the week.

So in all likelihood, maybe Torian did ask her to come, but she said no.

If you'd read that letter, you'd realize Mako's declaration of 'closing shop' and Torian's statement that they were hunting together are contradictory. She said she gave up the business because she couldn't get over the bh death and yet Torian states they were hunting together and he only left her when Mandalore called. Either she's lying or bw didn't think about that letter while writing Torians lines.

As for joining up with the Mandos, that's a cause Mako would've jumped at. Mako loves helping the little guy and overthrowing tyrants. What better way to do that then helping her Hubbys family by using her skills to fight back with the mandos against the eternal empire and stem the ee subjugation of other worlds?

As for joining up with the Mandos, that's a cause Mako would've jumped at. Mako loves helping the little guy and overthrowing tyrants. What better way to do that then helping her Hubbys family by using her skills to fight back with the mandos against the eternal empire and stem the ee subjugation of other worlds?

I think you are heavily romanticizing what Mandos do and are. They have honor and their own code, but they are basically glorified mercenaries. They've worked for both factions and I'm sure if the Alliance somehow becomes the powerhouse of the galaxy instead of the EE, they will turn on them very quickly.

Who they are and what they are about don't really fit into Mako's little world.

If you'd read that letter, you'd realize Mako's declaration of 'closing shop' and Torian's statement that they were hunting together are contradictory. She said she gave up the business because she couldn't get over the bh death and yet Torian states they were hunting together and he only left her when Mandalore called. Either she's lying or bw didn't think about that letter while writing Torians lines.

I don't see a contradiction, we don't know if she sent that letter before or after Torian left, hell, Torian's leaving could of been the trigger for her to finally make that decision.

I think you are heavily romanticizing what Mandos do and are. They have honor and their own code, but they are basically glorified mercenaries. They've worked for both factions and I'm sure if the Alliance somehow becomes the powerhouse of the galaxy instead of the EE, they will turn on them very quickly.

Who they are and what they are about don't really fit into Mako's little world.

Mako is not adverse to working with Mercenaries, as that's what braden, the hunter and torian were. What she's adverse to is homicidal maniacs that think shooting everything (including that which can't defend itself) that has a price tag on its head is what mercenary work is all about. I think Mako & Shae would get along just as well as she got along with torian, as Shae has a familial code of honor & loyalty. As for the Manadalorians turning on the alliance... that really depends on who is leading them and how much leverage one has over them.

One like fett would bombard the alliance for the thrill of the challenge, but Shae... no. She's a lot more tempered than that. When she got tired of the Empire, she took her clan and went into seclusion. She didn't attack the people that had been her allies for sport.

Edited by Aeristash

I don't see a contradiction, we don't know if she sent that letter before or after Torian left, hell, Torian's leaving could of been the trigger for her to finally make that decision.

She said she got out the business because she got tired of seeing people like braden, the hunter and crysta die. If she was hunting with Torian after the flagship exploded and Torian left her to serve Mandalore alive, then quitting because the people she cared about kept dying would be contradictory to Torians story as she still had the mental stability to persevere with no loss to trigger it. If she was too depressed to go on, she would've closed shop during the hunters 'death'. Watching the hunter die, continuing to bounty hunt with Torian and then writing a letter to say the hunter dying was the last straw makes no sense. :confused:

Edited by Aeristash

She said she got out the business because she got tired of seeing people like braden, the hunter and crysta die. If she was hunting with Torian after the flagship exploded and Torian left her to serve Mandalore alive, then quitting because the people she cared about kept dying would be contradictory to Torians story as she still had the mental stability to persevere with no loss to trigger it. If she was too depressed to go on, she would've closed shop during the hunters 'death'. Watching the hunter die, continuing to bounty hunt with Torian and then writing a letter to say the hunter dying was the last straw makes no sense. :confused:

It doesn't matter, by that point you've run with Mako as part of the time for a while, girl can use armor(least in my head cannon she was wearing beskar'gam and was wielding a blaster) so the girl is grown enough as my girl to make her own choices.

Hell as the wife of a mando she too could of come to the call. SHE decided not to, not Torian dumping her somewhere. She was just as capable of grabbing her stuff and following Torian.

Stop blaming everyone for her own frakking choices. SACK UP!

I was going to say the same. Another variant - the letter is between the events. Namely so: the Hunter disappears - Mako tries to continue for some time, but feels exhausted from it, quits and writes a letter - Torian respects her choice and leaves for Mandalore's call.

Hell as the wife of a mando she too could of come to the call.

To clarify: she could be the wife of a Mando, but not a mando'ad herself. So Mandalore's call is not about her.

I was going to say the same. Another variant - the letter is between the events. Namely so: the Hunter disappears - Mako tries to continue for some time, but feels exhausted from it, quits and writes a letter - Torian respects her choice and leaves for Mandalore's call.

To me seems that way too. Gault said that the whole band (Skadge included) keep on searching for the BH after his/her disappearance, without success. After some time, without a steady income, their reserves were dwindling and they decided to split: Gault resumed his con schemes, Blizz went back to Hoth, Skadge we don't know yet. Mako and Torian stayed together hunting bounties for some more time, until Mandalore called for him. Then Mako calls it quits, writes the letter and her destiny is still a mystery.

Edited by Ingsoc_XT