Guide: Character Transfers

UlaVii

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Bioware to make money. I love BW. Favorite Gaming Company of all time. But we have all learned about the kind of people who play MMO's.

The trolls, stalkers, all with below expected IQ's. The kids who just want to hurt somebody. The keyboard warriors, out to ruin the raid, or attackers of those who ask for groups in fleet chat.

What seems to be less drama, is playing games where there is little or no contact or conversation with anybody else. The kind of player you will meet in an MMO will piss you off to the core, make you not want to play MMO's. Everything in society is aiming towards this goal: being able to survive and get what you need without the input of others.

Education will be automated. Shopping online, automated food servers at restaurants, ATMs - all to keep retarded, jealous people out of your hair. THIS is why not many people play this wonderful game anymore - not BW's fault at all.

Just saying: I will move to a bigger server because I can get lost in the crowd, until I know all of you , and have you on block. And I 90% guarantee that I hate you all already, if you are MMO players, again, just saying.....;)

I want Bioware to make money. I love BW. Favorite Gaming Company of all time. But we have all learned about the kind of people who play MMO's.

The trolls, stalkers, all with below expected IQ's. The kids who just want to hurt somebody. The keyboard warriors, out to ruin the raid, or attackers of those who ask for groups in fleet chat.

What seems to be less drama, is playing games where there is little or no contact or conversation with anybody else. The kind of player you will meet in an MMO will piss you off to the core, make you not want to play MMO's. Everything in society is aiming towards this goal: being able to survive and get what you need without the input of others.

Education will be automated. Shopping online, automated food servers at restaurants, ATMs - all to keep retarded, jealous people out of your hair. THIS is why not many people play this wonderful game anymore - not BW's fault at all.

Just saying: I will move to a bigger server because I can get lost in the crowd, until I know all of you , and have you on block. And I 90% guarantee that I hate you all already, if you are MMO players, again, just saying.....;)

nobody hates me, everybody loves me. I'm like a twi'lek version of Barney. i love you, you love me....

Your sig is quoting Rodney Dangerfield,which makes you a King in my BOOK.

No no no...that's ikinai...she is the Queen of the Internet. I believe she was appointed, or maybe she just claimed it, whatever it was, it was like last year that this happened.

No no no...that's ikinai...she is the Queen of the Internet. I believe she was appointed, or maybe she just claimed it, whatever it was, it was like last year that this happened.

This is indeed accurate. I am the Queen of the Internet. Self-appointed of course, after all, how else do you acquire queendom?

This is indeed accurate. I am the Queen of the Internet. Self-appointed of course, after all, how else do you acquire queendom?

Don't you usually kill the previous claimers of the throne?? I thought that's how it happened. lol

Soon the window opens. One suggestion is to test the move with one alt as sounds like a lot of people are waiting to use it so there might be a little delay. At least that way you dont have all your alts in the queue at same time. Wish everyone a smooth move. :)

OK, if you try to transfer when you don't have any slots, the website appears to let you do it, and you still get logged out, but the character doesn't actually transfer. I checked my CC as well, just in case, but you don't get charged for a failed transfer.

Get. Out. Of. My. Mind. You and I think alike. I regret that we meet in this way. You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend. But I play MMOs and, hence, you hate me.:(

Added a couple more pieces to the Legacy section:

Achievements, Legacy & Reputation

• Your legacy name is set to the one on the destination server
  • If the characters you had on the destination server had no legacy name then the ones you transfer there will have none either, they lose the one they had previously
    • When you try to access the legacy panel you instead get the "Choose your legacy name" popup
    • You lose perks like "mount while moving" until you pick a legacy name (I haven't picked a new one yet so not sure if perks get restored, will update when I know)

[*] The Legendary Status does transfer over. I had full legendary status on one server and nothing except a freshly made placeholder on the destination. After transferring a single character I then had full legendary status on the new server.

not sure if it was an issue yet, got 13 chars on ToFN, if transfering them, do i keep the credits on the chars?

Whatever in-game credits, gear you are wearing, and vault stuff you have with that character will be transferred with the character.

• 2 weeks later...

First off let me say I am sorry to the OP, I dont mean no harm to his/her awesome guide.

WOW am I ticked to no extreme now!

I had the money to move a character or 2 on June 1st but when I went to my account page as the post by Ben said to do I saw this...

"…cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa. "

and so I just closed the page and gave up.

But yet I see here that some where able to move in the same manner I wanted to move in.

EX: TRE (EU server) to harbringer (US server) IE: from an EU server to an NA server

Why is "…cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa. " even on the Character Transfer page in your account if it is indeed pausible to do? Confusion much?

What gives? I feel shafted now :mad:

First off let me say I am sorry to the OP, I dont mean no harm to his/her awesome guide.

WOW am I ticked to no extreme now!

I had the money to move a character or 2 on June 1st but when I went to my account page as the post by Ben said to do I saw this...

"…cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa. "

and so I just closed the page and gave up.

But yet I see here that some where able to move in the same manner I wanted to move in.

EX: TRE (EU server) to harbringer (US server) IE: from an EU server to an NA server

Why is "…cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa. " even on the Character Transfer page in your account if it is indeed pausible to do? Confusion much?

What gives? I feel shafted now :mad:

They obviously just forgot to change the text on the screen - it still says you can't transfer within 72 hours, but that restriction got removed some time back. And the EU <-> US transfers were never reduced. Apparently there is still some manual work involved with those transfers, and it can't be done automatically, so they never reduced the cost.

...but you can use your free transfer to get there. So I moved my level 50 Legacy from Begeren Colony to Red Eclipse for free then paid 90CC to move it to Shadowlands and Harbinger so I now have a lot of places if I run out of character slots on BC. Total cost to have my Legacy also on Red Eclipse, Shadowlands and Harbinger was 180 CC.

They obviously just forgot to change the text on the screen - it still says you can't transfer within 72 hours, but that restriction got removed some time back. And the EU <-> US transfers were never reduced. Apparently there is still some manual work involved with those transfers, and it can't be done automatically, so they never reduced the cost.

well I was willing to pay the 1500 CC per character JUST to be able to get off the server (EU) that I am on.

...but you can use your free transfer to get there. So I moved my level 50 Legacy from Begeren Colony to Red Eclipse for free then paid 90CC to move it to Shadowlands and Harbinger so I now have a lot of places if I run out of character slots on BC. Total cost to have my Legacy also on Red Eclipse, Shadowlands and Harbinger was 180 CC.

And just how do you use this Free Transfer you are speaking of? I want to move from TRE to EH.