Character Transfer Sale 5/26 – 6/5

EricMusco

40% cheaper? Than 90cc? You do math funny my friend...

Aaaaaand one more time where you act intentionally obtuse to try to falsely solidify your point. You know good and well he was referring to the reduction in price from the original 1800 cc to the new 1000 cc. It IS cheaper. You can't spin that. And people had another posted period of time to get it at 90. It should not be extended for those who didn't take advantage. That's extremely unfair to those who did (or, even more so, who bit on the 1000cc price in between sales.)

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaand one more time where you act intentionally obtuse to try to falsely solidify your point. You know good and well he was referring to the reduction in price from the original 1800 cc to the new 1000 cc. It IS cheaper. You can't spin that. And people had another posted period of time to get it at 90. It should not be extended for those who didn't take advantage. That's extremely unfair to those who did (or, even more so, who bit on the 1000cc price in between sales.)

I didn't ask for it to be extended, and I'm not being "obtuse".

90cc was the rate for the past year - a year+ of stagnation and lack of repeatable content and a year that has seen a drastic decline in players. 1800cc was ridiculous, but few people complained then because it wasn't as desired back then because we had steady content releases and Bioware actually took it upon themselves to MERGE dead servers in the past...something they currently seem unwilling to do, so now players are being forced into making a choice. 90cc became the 'norm' during our stagnation, which is still going on.

If you want returning players stay, you need to give them a population. $10 transfer PER toon, is not conducive to keeping returning players playing. I don't care about the folk who didn't take advantage of the sale, they've gambled or chosen, they can stay where they are, but something needs to be done to make sure a returning player has a chance of becoming an actual customer again.

I for one had not been playing for a while, due to my dislike of episodic format, but I've kept an active sub. I only just now saw that transfers were only 90cc.

Why the hell is this not a free service for all players on dead / near dead servers? My server is pretty much a ghost town, and now it's even worse. I simply refuse to pay 1000cc to move all my characters, and thus am stuck. I would pay that much for a full character roster change, but per-character that is disgustingly overpriced.

Some players may call this view 'entitled,' but am I not entitled to a massive multiplayer environment in a MMO? It is not an mmo if there are not even players to readily fill a single warzone in 30 min or more. Not to mention, I am paying for this game . . . if there is a problem with it, and I consider poor server popular a real problem, shouldn't the DEVS fix it? And fix it they should not at a inflated cost.

Anyway, I highly doubt my complaining about it will actually make anything happen, but you never know.

I for one had not been playing for a while, due to my dislike of episodic format, but I've kept an active sub. I only just now saw that transfers were only 90cc.

Why the hell is this not a free service for all players on dead / near dead servers? My server is pretty much a ghost town, and now it's even worse. I simply refuse to pay 1000cc to move all my characters, and thus am stuck. I would pay that much for a full character roster change, but per-character that is disgustingly overpriced.

Some players may call this view 'entitled,' but am I not entitled to a massive multiplayer environment in a MMO? It is not an mmo if there are not even players to readily fill a single warzone in 30 min or more. Not to mention, I am paying for this game . . . if there is a problem with it, and I consider poor server popular a real problem, shouldn't the DEVS fix it? And fix it they should not at a inflated cost.

Anyway, I highly doubt my complaining about it will actually make anything happen, but you never know.

BS detected.

Your forum post history clearly shows you posting in July of 2015 and in December of 2015. So to pretend you did not know there was a 90cc sale in place since summer of last year is.... just that ...pretending ... probably for dramatic effect I guess. You may not have been playing the game, but no way you can pretend you were not present in this forum as a subscriber... and hence.. had plenty of opportunity to know about the 90cc sale that ran for 10 months, followed by an end, followed by a return for one week to let the lingerers to take action in their own interest.

Now.. if I am incorrect here and you were just asleep at the switch for 10 months.... well.. that's on you. You kept an active sub.. but did not look out for your interests in taking advantage of a long running sale.

Edited by Andryah

BS detected.

Your forum post history clearly shows you posting in July of 2015 and in December of 2015. So to pretend you did not know there was a 90cc sale in place since summer of last year is.... just that ...pretending ... probably for dramatic effect I guess. You may not have been playing the game, but no way you can pretend you were not present in this forum as a subscriber... and hence.. had plenty of opportunity to know about the 90cc sale that ran for 10 months, followed by an end, followed by a return for one week to let the lingerers to take action in their own interest.

Now.. if I am incorrect here and you were just asleep at the switch for 10 months.... well.. that's on you. You kept an active sub.. but did not look out for your interests in taking advantage of a long running sale.

Its as I said before they caved and gave the extended 90CC sale. It is not really going to achieve anything besides embolden people to start more petitions, or post a response saying they didn't know, or they took a break, or this or that.

And that is not even mentioning the forum posters, that seem to take glee in stirring the pot (I am sure you know who you are) just to get a rise out of people, or make themselves look like white knights.

I give it a couple more days, then the real QQ blast will start about extending the 90CC price or demand free server transfers.

Its as I said before they caved and gave the extended 90CC sale. It is not really going to achieve anything besides embolden people to start more petitions, or post a response saying they didn't know, or they took a break, or this or that.

And that is not even mentioning the forum posters, that seem to take glee in stirring the pot (I am sure you know who you are) just to get a rise out of people, or make themselves look like white knights.

I give it a couple more days, then the real QQ blast will start about extending the 90CC price or demand free server transfers.

Indeed.

And of course the "give it to me for free" meme is always popular with gamers. :D

So wanting the game to remain financially successful so that it doesn't get further budget cuts or shut down all together before its time is being a white knight now? The game needs as many paying customers as it can get. I'll leave it to you to figure out whether dead/dying servers are more likely to be a boon or a detriment to a MMO's success.

90cc tranfers were a good first step to give current players a chance to get off their sinking ships, but with regard to new and returning players, it certainly shouldn't be the last one.

So wanting the game to remain financially successful so that it doesn't get further budget cuts or shut down all together before its time is being a white knight now? The game needs as many paying customers as it can get. I'll leave it to you to figure out whether dead/dying servers are more likely to be a boon or a detriment to a MMO's success.

90cc tranfers were a good first step to give current players a chance to get off their sinking ships, but with regard to new and returning players, it certainly shouldn't be the last one.

Agreed here... 10 months may seem like a long time, but I recently just retuned to world of tanks after literally being gone for ... shockingly... 10 months... man... the coincidences :D. We sometimes may leave but we get that spark every now and then to come back and take a look around, and if we like the changes, we will stay.

Edited by peter_plankskull

Here is (IMO) a nice compromise solution:

ALL accounts should get one 90CC transfer per character. As soon as you log into a given character a timer begins. You have 30 days to use that 90CC transfer for that character. If you use it and you want to transfer again with that character it now costs you 1000CC. If you do not use it within the 30 day timer, it is GONE; on the 31st day and beyond you pay 1000CC to transfer.

IMO this would cover both bases:

• Players that missed the opportunities still have a chance to transfer cheaply if they want
  • New players that create characters on "dead" servers can transfer to a more populous server if they want.

ALL accounts should get one 90CC transfer per character. As soon as you log into a given character a timer begins. You have 30 days to use that 90CC transfer for that character. If you use it and you want to transfer again with that character it now costs you 1000CC. If you do not use it within the 30 day timer, it is GONE; on the 31st day and beyond you pay 1000CC to transfer.

• Players that missed the opportunities still have a chance to transfer cheaply if they want
  • New players that create characters on "dead" servers can transfer to a more populous server if they want.

I love this idea!!!

Until they decide to do something about the servers themselves, this would be an excellent idea!

Works for me.

But, you're fired. Logical solutions don't belong on the internet. Good day sir!

Actually, that's probably the best suggestion I've seen on the subject in ages. Well done. Unfortunately it'll be reviewed by the same people who decided on nerfing Sages (and actually increasing their burst heals in PVP).

I for one had not been playing for a while, due to my dislike of episodic format, but I've kept an active sub.

If you have such a strong dislike for the "episodic format" as you call it, then why did you even bother playing in the first place? The game was never advertised to be anything other than a story driven game (episodic). That's like ordering a chocolate cake and complaining that it's not strawberry cake.

If you have such a strong dislike for the "episodic format" as you call it, then why did you even bother playing in the first place? The game was never advertised to be anything other than a story driven game (episodic). That's like ordering a chocolate cake and complaining that it's not strawberry cake.

That's just wrong. The game was advertised as a story driven MMO. It featured a much higher quality of storytelling compared to other MMOs, but the release cycle remained a classic one: Expansions which were part story part repeatable (group-)content followed by some filler content until the next expansion.

Only with 4.0 did it shift to an episodic(monthly) release cadence, focusing on story alone.

Hey folks,

As a reminder, the Character Transfer sale is coming to an end. Since yesterday was Sunday, we let the sale run into today as well. Before the end of the day the price will be reverting back to normal. I will post in this thread when the change has been made. Thanks!

-eric

I want to ask i have sub in total 2 times and used 2 ref links my whole life that means i have 4 free transfer tokens?

I've missed the sale cause nobody sent any email....gg Bioware, you've lost another subscriber.

Don't let the logout screen hit you in the posterior on the way out.

If any player was so oblivious that they missed out on 10 months of 90 CC transfers which were followed by another 11 days of 90 CC transfers, then the fault is NOT on BW, IMO.

Don't let the logout screen hit you in the posterior on the way out.

If any player was so oblivious that they missed out on 10 months of 90 CC transfers which were followed by another 11 days of 90 CC transfers, then the fault is NOT on BW, IMO.

What does telling them to quit accomplish anyway? You should actively encourage them to come back and remember why they loved the game and what brought them to it, not tell them to quit as it does nothing but lose a potential player and less money for Bioware.

Not to mention they may of been only talking about the character transfer sale, in you know... the thread title, and although it is kind of hard to miss the 10 month sale, the 11 day sale should of been printed on the launcher to tell everybody and maybe even a email. One post on twitter and general discussion isn't enough awareness imo.

Edited by peter_plankskull

What does telling them to quit accomplish anyway? You should actively encourage them to come back and remember why they loved the game and what brought them to it, not tell them to quit as it does nothing but lose a potential player and less money for Bioware.

Not to mention they may of been only talking about the character transfer sale, in you know... the thread title, and although it is kind of hard to miss the 10 month sale, the 11 day sale should of been printed on the launcher to tell everybody and maybe even a email. One post on twitter and general discussion isn't enough awareness imo.

I'm not telling that poster to quit. He already made that decision, as anyone would KNOW if they had bothered to actually read his post instead of focusing on mine in their vehemence to tear down anyone who has the audacity disagree with them.

I'm simply advising him to be careful on the way out, since he has already made up his mind to quit.

BW could have e-mailed everyone under the sun and hired a skywriter and people would still complain that they "didn't know about the sale" and they "just came back to the game and it's not fair that they just missed the second sale and BW OWES them FREE transfers or they will threaten to quit."

Edited by Ratajack

Agreement: Add the fact that (while BW should have advertised it better) anyone willing to take part in the sale that found out about the sale would have known about it from the Dev Tracker. Anyone that uses that know it's a good idea to check it regularly each day throughout the day because it's the quickest way to get the latest information about the game/events/etc. Had they done that, they wouldn't have missed out.

Clarification: For those that don't know of and therefore don't use the Dev Tracker having missed out, it is the fault of BioWare for not advertising it better. But those that do have only themselves to blame as they should be checking it daily. If you are one of the latter and are ragequitting, I pitty you.

I'm not telling that poster to quit. He already made that decision, as anyone would KNOW if they had bothered to actually read his post instead of focusing on mine in their vehemence to tear down anyone who has the audacity disagree with them.

Ill admit poor choice of words on my part, but still, while you didn't specifically tell them to quit, you surely egged them on which does NOTHING constructive. Instead you only wanted to add fuel to the fire and laugh at his misery.

I'm fine if/when people disagree with someone else or I, but its when they resort to personal attacks is when I have a problem. Ian and I have very different viewpoints when viewing the games difficulty levels, yet we NEVER resort to personal attacks and still remain constructive, and he brings up very good points.

I'm simply advising him to be careful on the way out, since he has already made up his mind to quit.

Instead of "advising" him, you should rather encourage them to stay or to find a alternate path around this route.

BW could have e-mailed everyone under the sun and hired a skywriter and people would still complain that they "didn't know about the sale" and they "just came back to the game and it's not fair that they just missed the second sale and BW OWES them FREE transfers or they will threaten to quit."

Enough with the "complainers will ALWYAS complain" trope, we get it, theirs always going to be a few people out their so oblivious they will miss everything and anything pertaining to a certain subject. That doesn't mean however, that the majority should suffer, or even vice versa as the people who truly wanted to transfer but life got in the way shouldn't be brushed aside because of others mistakes.

Agreement: Add the fact that (while BW should have advertised it better) anyone willing to take part in the sale that found out about the sale would have known about it from the Dev Tracker. Anyone that uses that know it's a good idea to check it regularly each day throughout the day because it's the quickest way to get the latest information about the game/events/etc. Had they done that, they wouldn't have missed out.

Clarification: For those that don't know of and therefore don't use the Dev Tracker having missed out, it is the fault of BioWare for not advertising it better. But those that do have only themselves to blame as they should be checking it daily. If you are one of the latter and are ragequitting, I pitty you.

While I do agree that the Dev Tracker should be advertised more, you have to remember only around 10% of the player base actively use the forum, yet 100% of the player base uses the launcher to load the game. Besides, requiring them to check everyday when they go several days without even a single post is a lot to do for some people. They really need to advertise more than their cartel packs on the launcher and teaser videos, as stuff like this should of been on there.