Does Hunker down not work sometimes?

MasterAtin

PVE ignores many things and you learn through experience which things will happen no matter what,

Hardly ever matters.

In PvP, Diversion does break a Hunker Down.

More exactly, Diversion breaks Cover and losing Cover is what disables Hunker Down

In PVE it doesn't block all controlling effects due to a bug (Like the missile people on Alderaan)

I remember seeing a thread about it around 2 years ago, with no fix.

Not always a bug, just there are some mechanics that BW decides should not be cheesable to the degree that hunker down would let you. Its the same with Hydraulic Overrides, some mechanics it just plain won't work. And while I agree with OP that it is annoying and that there should be a tooltip about it, it makes sense once you think about it (Revan HM kills used to be all Bounty Hunters as Hydraulic Overrides would let you ignore every mechanic on 3rd floor), and the first couple CM kills were a bunch of jugs that could saber reflect the blue circles for 2 mil damage at the start. It'd be a little ridiculous to make it so fights are absurdly easy depending on your class.

• 2 weeks later...
In PVE it doesn't block all controlling effects due to a bug (Like the missile people on Alderaan)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=406027

they said to report it and they would fix it and never have fixed any of the issues identified.

It's not a bug.

It's a pointless mechanic that is called Roleplay stun. Apparently the stun is important for 'roleplay' purposes.

And instead of them being specific I'm pretty sure the devs just lazily slapped every cc in it's category and went with it.

PVE ignores many things and you learn through experience which things will happen no matter what,

Hardly ever matters.

More exactly, Diversion breaks Cover and losing Cover is what disables Hunker Down

That. Certain mechanics cannot be ignored for the sake of "balance" as some fights are designed to work a certain way, like the final boss on Korriban with that group hold. At least I'm pretty sure that's an example as I haven't done that fight in some time.

I can tell you that it does work in some instances reliably, and in some instances, I think it's actually programmed to not work.

Lost Island, on Savrip Smash, Hunker down will keep you from getting knocked off the platform.

Kephess, EC (SM for sure), when Kephess draws everyone in, Hunker down will keep him from doing it.

but it will be on cooldown the 2nd time.

Others, I have not tested. Those I am certain of.