"ABORT: Pointer is NULL" error

FallguySoldier

Hey, I just found something that stopped the error message on my exits. Never did get it before or during. Here is what I did

Internet Explorer: Options, Connections, Lan Settings, Uncheck, automatically detect settings. Restart IE, Restart game, I went to login, exited no message. Will have to try going further in game later.

Nicog:):):)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to lol. And I could be wrong. But if you throw enough crap.. it might stick. Haven't played in over a month and I get on and THIS. Might need to find some grub instead. Anyone in the south OC area (Cali) bored out of their skullbone?

Saw this same error pop up after taking an insane amount of effort and attempts to get past the patching 308 error and successfully patch. Was able to get in game and dismiss this error after loading a character, was only logged in for a few minutes so unsure if there is any long term effects from this error yet... Edited by MasterCrumB

I have the same error... the thing is that each time you did a server push with a patch, my machine started acting all weird... the last time this happened was when you guys pushed some new graphic settings... I have been trying to get in touch with you but your support gave me no lead, no answer... I have huge fps drop and the game becomes un-playable... I would like to know what is it that you guys mess up each and every time you commit a server push? I mean, 3/3 times the app went berserk and became unplayable... Before you come with silly suggestions like re installing my video card driver and other amateur stuff like that, I must tell you that I tried everything that is in my reach.

Please investigate this issue with more interest!

If you need any info regarding my computer , feel free to ask me whatever you want! I pay money to play this game each day of the month, yet each time you push something on the server, I can't play for almost a week!

played yesterday no issues. patched today no issues.

exited game and swtor froze up. tack manager to end it and launcher does not open anymore.

i received this error until i reinstalled the launcher. it still appeared even after launcher repairs.

abort: pointer is null (.\sharehashtbl.c/128)

i was able to clear that error with a fresh install of the launcher files.

reinstalled launcher but it still wont open.

unable to play the game

windows 10 pro 64bit - build 14332

i7 4700 mq

16 gb ram

ssd os and game

hdd backup fiiles

dual nvidia gt 755m - SLI using latet nvidia driver

http://swtor.tv/DXdiag/DxDiag-swtor-20160503.txt

quick update.

i used a thumb drive i prepped before my tour over seas as a backup.

moved files over and performed the update. though i got 1 311 error and multiple 308 errors the launcher is working.

but when i click on "PLAY" the launcher exits but both swtor.exe instances do not initiate.

How would you like us to send you this info?

limited on forum messages and private messages.

most of us have access to websites to upload the dxdiag.txt

below is a quote that will give others access to a site to upload and host your personal dxdiag.txt for the purposes of helping bioware find a fix for all our different system set-ups

Hey, thanks for the reply. I copied my dxdiag info onto pastebin, hopefully it's allowed:

http://pastebin.com/tJf9QmaU

Hey folks!

If you're seeing this, please send me your DxDiag and MSInfo so the team can investigate!

-Tait

I used pastebin.com

Should work fine unless they have something against third-party sites :)

hope this helps those that want to upload their DXdiag.txt files for troubleshooting and possible fixes to the launcher issues we are having...

I'm currently trying a repair on the launcher to get it to initiate the 2 SWTOR.exe applications. fingers crossed

Edited by knowmyname

hope this helps those that want to upload their DXdiag.txt files for troubleshooting and possible fixes to the launcher issues we are having...

I'm currently trying a repair on the launcher to get it to initiate the 2 SWTOR.exe applications. fingers crossed

still not working. attempted to reinstall launcher a couple more times after some shutdowns and resets.

new DXdaig.txt

http://swtor.tv/DXdiag/DxDiag-SWTOR-2nd-20160503.txt

launcher runs. but when clicking on PLAY" it exits and the 2 swtor.exe instances do not run

Hey folks,

We believe the change we made to the Launcher to resolve a separate issue may also resolve the "ABORT: Pointer is NULL" error. Please let me know if you have run into this past about 7:00PM CDT.

Thanks!

-Tait

Hey folks,

We believe the change we made to the Launcher to resolve a separate issue may also resolve the "ABORT: Pointer is NULL" error. Please let me know if you have run into this past about 7:00PM CDT.

Thanks!

-Tait

Thanks for the heads up. I did some testing and I haven't run into the problem (knock on wood!), so I guess the issue is resolved.

Just had this happen to me.

It popped up about 5 mins after I closed the launcher because of patch failure.

Looks like they properly borked this one.

All The Best

Noticed this as well after minimizing the game... No real issues playing the game or with anything else.... As for the patch itself, it installed fine for me.

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-Tait

my fix was an older launcher i had then deleting the "Client_Settings.ini" under:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

i haven't left the game to confirm but was able to get the launcher to initiate the 2 swtor.exe applications and play.

but once youtube has finished processing, it will show up here:

Edited by Liquor

Same problem, and i have this error only in new locations, such as Zakuul or Odessen. In all Knight of the fallen Empire chapters and Odessen Proving Ground too. Edited by Evernocks