The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Well this stinks of desperation.....

Darklighter

I never said anything about you staying subbed or not. Go back and read. All I did was comment that you are desperately trying to press negative propaganda at a studio and game you yourself admit you rarely log in and play anymore.

Stop being so desperate.

Desperate SWtoR Wives, I think I have that on my Hulu rotation.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperate SWtoR Wives, I think I have that on my Hulu rotation.

Yea, I think it airs right after Real Starship Wives of SWTOR. Speaking of ... did you see the last episode where Jaesa flung that wine all over Nadia while Kaliyo slept with Vette's smuggler? This is truly the Golden Age of entertainment.

The forums are usually better than any soap opera made. :D

That would be because some MMO players appear to be world class at drama, exaggeration, hyperbole, and the ever popular claims of being slapped in the face, going to unsub (but never do), etc. etc. etc. :p

In fact, it might even be a self-inflicted prerequisite to posting on forums, for some. :p:p

That would be because some MMO players appear to be world class at drama, exaggeration, hyperbole, and the ever popular claims of being slapped in the face, going to unsub (but never do), etc. etc. etc. :p

In fact, it might even be a self-inflicted prerequisite to posting on forums, for some. :p:p

After reading all the drama over the Slot Machine fiasco I can believe it. I was shaking my head reading those threads and even my nephews were saying "I thought you had to be an adult to play this game?" when I tried to explain what I was laughing about. When I bored I come here and read for a while. Great entertainment and a possible psych paper as well. :D

Edited by Ksilvante

Your overgeneralizing is literally a slap in my face and further evidence of the toxicity of the ever-dwindling player population, for which the sole remedy is for me to cancel my subscription, which will take some undetermined period of time because I made the mistake of purchasing a <inaudible mumbling> long subscription, during which "lame duck" period, I will continue to post here frequently, ratcheting up the vitriol and inanity while leveling blame for all the ills of my life ... from slow queue pops and bad PUGs to my recent back issues and our local weather ... at the feet of the EA/BW rip-off artists, who are responsible for the unfair and totally bogus prices of stuff on the GTN, which is simply the mechanism by which the rip-off artists gouge players too stupid to know they're sheep ... and not just any sheep ... but sheep getting their faces slapped.

/drops mike

Your overgeneralizing is literally a slap in my face and further evidence of the toxicity of the ever-dwindling player population, for which the sole remedy is for me to cancel my subscription, which will take some undetermined period of time because I made the mistake of purchasing a <inaudible mumbling> long subscription, during which "lame duck" period, I will continue to post here frequently, ratcheting up the vitriol and inanity while leveling blame for all the ills of my life ... from slow queue pops and bad PUGs to my recent back issues and our local weather ... at the feet of the EA/BW rip-off artists, who are responsible for the unfair and totally bogus prices of stuff on the GTN, which is simply the mechanism by which the rip-off artists gouge players too stupid to know they're sheep ... and not just any sheep ... but sheep getting their faces slapped.

/drops mike

OMG, animal abuse!!!111!!1!

Quick, report EA/BW to PETA or some thing.

Edited by DieAlteHexe
Because cats and keyboards don't mix.

/drops mike

LOL.. well played. :D

/drops mike

Just when I think I can get the laughter under control....may the gods bless thee kind human. :D

Edited by Ksilvante

/drops mike

Then, /flips hair...

your overgeneralizing is literally a slap in my face and further evidence of the toxicity of the ever-dwindling player population, for which the sole remedy is for me to cancel my subscription, which will take some undetermined period of time because i made the mistake of purchasing a <inaudible mumbling> long subscription, during which "lame duck" period, i will continue to post here frequently, ratcheting up the vitriol and inanity while leveling blame for all the ills of my life ... From slow queue pops and bad pugs to my recent back issues and our local weather ... At the feet of the ea/bw rip-off artists, who are responsible for the unfair and totally bogus prices of stuff on the gtn, which is simply the mechanism by which the rip-off artists gouge players too stupid to know they're sheep ... And not just any sheep ... But sheep getting their faces slapped.

/drops mike

bingo!!!

Edited by CrazyCT

/drops mike

That's pretty much the choicest bits of forum drama over the last couple weeks (well, the slap in the face part is older) all condensed in one bite sized package.

Delicious.

That's pretty much the choicest bits of forum drama over the last couple weeks (well, the slap in the face part is older) all condensed in one bite sized package.

Delicious.

I'm most proud that I managed to make that one, long, Faulknerian sentence.

You're right. I should stop caring and unsub. When I and all that feel as I do leave, enjoy your empty game, since we all gave up and left.

Oh wait...didn't YOU leave and come back, Andryah? Yet you criticize me for staying the entire time and watching the game die a slow death?

So far, I've seen 4 people that post that feel the way you do. That won't even empty out my guild's Pub side sister guild, let alone the others playing.

However, on a more serious note: They drop the free 60 from the promotion, and a new player, picking it up for KotFE Chapt 1 to try it out can't play because, wait for it, they're not 60, what does that scream to you? Consumer fraud, maybe? Here's the thing, they're not aiming that promotion at me, they're aiming that promotion at someone that either hasn't played for a while, or hasn't played at all. Despite the totally senseless claim of desperation, giving someone access to content that they can't access due to character level is criminal, but providing a token, so that they can access the promotion they wanted to try makes perfect sense. Ah common sense, how we mourn thee.

I think all of the fans of swtor on here that are on the attack have missed the OPs point and probably he didnt even realize it. they made it very clear early on that the new content was for subs only and if you want to play you sub it.

them tossing this offer out is saying the people that f2p up to 50 stop playing and dont go further nor are they selecting to sub to play the new content of kotfe. so simply put no subs means no money means fail for bw for all those simple minded peeps. its not the hardcore fans of swtor that are bashing this guy here that are filling bw coffers with coin, those subs are a very small percentage of the total revenue i am sure of it. its the new people that are clueless to the mess of things right now.

i mean while the OP was on a rant yes, stop, read and stop defending a company you pay. your not getting a kick back. lol

I think all of the fans of swtor on here that are on the attack have missed the OPs point and probably he didnt even realize it. they made it very clear early on that the new content was for subs only and if you want to play you sub it.

them tossing this offer out is saying the people that f2p up to 50 stop playing and dont go further nor are they selecting to sub to play the new content of kotfe. so simply put no subs means no money means fail for bw for all those simple minded peeps. its not the hardcore fans of swtor that are bashing this guy here that are filling bw coffers with coin, those subs are a very small percentage of the total revenue i am sure of it. its the new people that are clueless to the mess of things right now.

i mean while the OP was on a rant yes, stop, read and stop defending a company you pay. your not getting a kick back. lol

Dude... it's one chapter. It's a hook. It's basically letting people get a taste of the current game, just in case they didn't like the leveling aspect of the game in the past.

KOTFE can almost be thought of as a sequel in this way. For those who played the class story and beyond, it is a continuation. For those who did not play the early part of the game, they get only scant details of what happened in the past and they move forward with a story. A story that mostly doesn't matter what happened in the past.

A "starting level" character and one chapter is a good "Free Trial" experience to entice a few folks to plunk down $15 to keep going. And hopefully keep plunking down $15/month whether they play or not. Kind of like a gym membership.

I'm not offended. I figured F2P would get the story eventually. I'm guessing they get all of Season 1 for free once Season 2 starts. We do need things like this and that to happen because we need people to be interested in trying and eventually continuing to play the game.

YAWN!

Oh, wait, you're serious? Well then, how about this perspective that you've missed in your mad rush to run screaming into a thread waving your "FANBOIS SUCK" flag: What better way to entice a "play to 50 and never sub" player into playing the new content than giving them a free 60 and access to Chapt 1 of KotFE? Maybe they like it and want to see where it goes. Maybe they don't, but giving away a free sample is a pretty common marketing ploy.