Well this stinks of desperation.....

Darklighter

The last bullet of their May the 4th promotion stuff.....

Knights of the Fallen Empire Free** Trial: Be a part of the epic Knights of the Fallen Empire storyline and help turn the tide of the battle on the Eternal Empire – Subscribe to binge all of the episodic story so far! Activate your Free Trial by May 30 to gain a free Level 60 Character and instant access to Chapter 1: The Hunt!

So.....log into the game and POOF.....free lvl 60 character.....and free access to KOTFE.....the story that was all subscriber access only??

This reeks of desperation. I'm guessing their subscription numbers are plummeting.

I'm still subbed....but haven't logged into the game in a few weeks. Totally lost the will to.

I'm guessing a lot of people feel the same way, and have unsubbed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only access to Chapter 1. It's the same access that was granted by the code they sent out in an email. You still have to sub for the rest of the story, if you'd read the bit you quoted.

Too..... much effort.....must rant.....Bioware......baaaaaaaaaad........

It's only access to Chapter 1. It's the same access that was granted by the code they sent out in an email. You still have to sub for the rest of the story, if you'd read the bit you quoted.

^^^^

This!

It's the exact same deal they had two month ago with their "Share the love" mail promo.

No idea what you typed, CrazyCT....got you blocked. I'm sure it's snarky and condescending as usual....

Yeah, it's so snarky.

She has a point, in the post you yourself quoted they say you have trial access to te first chapter, just like those codes they handed out to subs back before chapter 12.

Edited by Codedrago

The content of the posts gets blocked / replaced with a "You have blocked this user" statement, you still see that something got posted from the person you blocked.

Ah, well, at least I'm on someone's list, starting to get some recognition.

Don't all games have an enticing free trial, regardless of their player numbers?

yeah but the doom and gloom crowd are gonna argue the games dead and use that as proof. EA could issue a statement tomorroiw and say SWTOR is the most profitable video game ever and the doom and gloom crowd would find a way to say it means death and doom

Edited by BrianDavion

yeah but the doom and gloom crowd are gonna argue the games dead and use that as proof. EA could issue a statement tomorroiw and say SWTOR is the most profitable video game ever and the doom and gloom crowd would find a way to say it means death and doom

Why do that, they can just say that they are lying and use the low server populations and what not as proof... Still trying to figure that out but hey they call it what they want over 100 still seems a lot to me... So you won't hear me ever talk about dead servers...

Edited by DarthEnrique

Knights of the Fallen Empire Free** Trial: Be a part of the epic Knights of the Fallen Empire storyline and help turn the tide of the battle on the Eternal Empire – Subscribe to binge all of the episodic story so far! Activate your Free Trial by May 30 to gain a free Level 60 Character and instant access to Chapter 1: The Hunt!

So.....log into the game and POOF.....free lvl 60 character.....and free access to KOTFE.....the story that was all subscriber access only??

This reeks of desperation. I'm guessing their subscription numbers are plummeting.

I'm still subbed....but haven't logged into the game in a few weeks. Totally lost the will to.

Only for chapter 1 that's it

Because if it was the most profitable game ever, then that means they should probably be putting more into the game. We could have operations, balanced PVP, new PVP maps, more QOL changes in general, especially for roleplaying, a update to GSF, and still have KOTFE on the side, but instead for a game with the most successful expansion ever in the history of swtor, its funnily enough the smallest. Instead we seem to have a skeleton crew running things with bugs from the launch of KOTFE and new ones taking multiple major patches to be fixed.

Edited by peter_plankskull

Because if it was the most profitable game ever, then that means they should probably be putting more into the game. We could have operations, balanced PVP, new PVP maps, more QOL changes in general, especially for roleplaying, a update to GSF, and still have KOTFE on the side, but instead for a game with the most successful expansion ever in the history of swtor, its funnily enough the smallest. Instead we seem to have a skeleton crew running thing with bugs from launch of KOTFE running around and new ones taking multiple major patches to be fixed.

Yay, let's turn every thread ever into the exact same rants about how the game sucks, needs more content, give PvP and GSF some love, blah blah blah. We all know your point of view, I'm pretty sure you know mine. Let's just leave it at that.

No idea what you typed, CrazyCT....got you blocked. I'm sure it's snarky and condescending as usual....

Lol, so why would you reply to his blocked message if you have him...blocked? IF you truly want to block or ignore someone then never respond to them, unless your that scared to read what he posted??

I totally agree. Your post does sink of desperation.

Not at all. If they released this info, I would be stunned....but happy that the game is doing well. I would also expect them to expand the game to bring in more players. I see none of that now.

And I see all your points about the free Chapter I being a perk to bring in new players. I was focusing more on the free lvl 60 character.

THAT part, you have to admit, does seem like a desperate freebie to offer....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.