I like swtor, but here is why it completely fails to hold my attention

Duco

Because leveling was so hard and challenging in 1.0 or 2.0. Yep.

No. No, it wasn't.

I had all 8 ACs on max before 3.0 and I'm a casual player.

So you're the worst player in history?

Because why else would you imply that "if you can do it, everyone can". Besides a casual player isn't per definition a bad player. You don't need to play this game for 40 hours a week to have a clue, you need to have a brain and an interest to learn how you class works etc. A casual player can do that too.

And to be fair, in 1.0 leveling was harder than it is now...or less easy if you prefer.

So you're the worst player in history?

Because why else would you imply that "if you can do it, everyone can". Besides a casual player isn't per definition a bad player. You don't need to play this game for 40 hours a week to have a clue, you need to have a brain and an interest to learn how you class works etc. A casual player can do that too.

And to be fair, in 1.0 leveling was harder than it is now...or less easy if you prefer.

I'll add to this. My mother probably *is* the worst player in history. On many story fights she'd have to have me log in and win for her back in 1.0 and 2.0. She was literally incapable of doing Makeb because it was too hard for her. Now in 4.0 she can clear the content and regularly runs Heroics.

She wins because now she can enjoy the story instead of feeling like she's being carried be my. I win because I don't have to fly all over the darn place to help her fight a sand demon or a rancor or a Darth Baras. To me, that's worth the drop in overall difficulty.

Besides, if you want something difficult there's still One and Only runs and HM/NiM ops. Seriously, HM/NiM ops not named KP/EV are super fun and guilds are looking to find people right now. There's no better time to get involved.

PS: I particularly liked the dude who tried to equate me wanting more things to farm endgame with me wanting to replace skill for just grinding gear till im superior. It makes me happy to know there are still some of you senseless bong-heads out there to make my day!

But you don't just want 'more things' to farm at endgame, you want 'more things with better stats'.

And unfortunately that leads to a power creep that stretches out the available community. Unless you are lucky enough to find a decent guild (and I still have no idea why BW shut down their own guild search site on the launch of the game :( ) that is happy to lift players that find they have the weak sauce gear upto the ranks where they can look at filling a slot on the progression schedule... oh wait you mean to keep that seat I'll have to raid three nights a week? Even my partner doesn't lay down that sort of commitment.

I'd much rather see fixed character stats and the actual content have difficulty ratings.

If you can't clear the content it means your skills need to be developed, not just grind out a few more levels or better stated gear.

I'd much rather see greater range in the drops available in the content. Scatter through all the sort of things the devs are so eager to see players pay for... emotes, dye packs, toys, banners, as well as the orange shells, pets and mounts.

The various content (group more than solo) could be graded along the lines it currently is:

Grey, White(Bronze-), Green(Bronze), Blue(Silver), Purple(Gold), Indigo(Gold+).

Each grade would give an achievement letting other players see what you are capable of. Oh look this player has only got Grey achievements, lets invite them to an Indigo run, is unlikely to be heard.

The low end grey would have content soloable so that a player can see the basic fight mechanics (think along the lines of the Shadow of Revan flashpoints that could be run with the droid) but would give no other reward than a scattering of credits.

As you progress through the grades the vanity drops improve (Bronze, Silver, Gold).

I'm not against difficult content, or diverse and novel rewards.

I just think high stats hide bad players and power creep focuses the player base solely on the end game.

But you don't just want 'more things' to farm at endgame, you want 'more things with better stats'.

And unfortunately that leads to a power creep that stretches out the available community. Unless you are lucky enough to find a decent guild (and I still have no idea why BW shut down their own guild search site on the launch of the game :( ) that is happy to lift players that find they have the weak sauce gear upto the ranks where they can look at filling a slot on the progression schedule... oh wait you mean to keep that seat I'll have to raid three nights a week? Even my partner doesn't lay down that sort of commitment.

Hey now, don't write off HM/NiM guilds just yet. I've been in a few NIM guilds and they've all worked the same way--I impressed someone in a SM pug run or responded to a help wanted ad on the server forum, they invited me, and fit me into a 1 or 2 day a week raid slot depending on my preference. No applications, no second job, no girlfriend aggro. The guild I'm in currently built their raid schedule around me because they know I'm busy.

Look, I'm not in 4/5 or Zorz here, but we were all 10/10 HM in 3.0 and 10/10 NiM in 2.0. Give HM or NiM guilds a fair shake, I've had great experiences with them! Far better than running SM pugs, even.

Hey now, don't write off HM/NiM guilds just yet. I've been in a few NIM guilds and they've all worked the same way--I impressed someone in a SM pug run or responded to a help wanted ad on the server forum, they invited me, and fit me into a 1 or 2 day a week raid slot depending on my preference. No applications, no second job, no girlfriend aggro. The guild I'm in currently built their raid schedule around me because they know I'm busy.

Look, I'm not in 4/5 or Zorz here, but we were all 10/10 HM in 3.0 and 10/10 NiM in 2.0. Give HM or NiM guilds a fair shake, I've had great experiences with them! Far better than running SM pugs, even.

Well done on finding a decent mature guild with the ability to be flexible enough to incorporate a player base with real life demands.

I'm not writing them off, I know they exist. All be it a lot harder to find ;)

I don't run end game any more because I tired of the guild dramas that always seemed to develop around end game progression demands. Not just in SWTOR but across all the MMOs I've indulged in over the years.

But more importantly I don't run end game because the stats on the gear that does drop becomes irrelevant with the next expansion that raises level cap (at the same time being over equipped from the average that new content is far from challenging unless I drop gear down a grade or two)

I think a stat free system is the way to go with people running the content for the shiny rewards (weapon tunings seem to be a good example of a new reward type that people would be running to play harder content to get) rather than numbers that just make the same content easier and easier.

Edited by Vhaegrant

This is in part correct yet.

Some games have too much powercreep in endgame, some games have too little. Swtor is on the too little end, that too little difference means there is no real progression through normals- hardmodes- etc, only really in operations is there some decent progression. On top of that there are no cool itemization outside of just the visual look of items. Set bonus 2 piece - one of your abilities gives you 2% increased damage for 15 sec. 30 second cooldown. Wow.. that really makes me desire this gear.. Not.

I don't get why so many of you get so mad from me speaking pure truth or try with the "then leave" comments in disguise. As i said, i like swtor. I come here every now and then and i play like a month but then i get bored because of said reasons. I don't tell you that you are wrong, actually, if you read what i said, i even say it is just a difference of opinion, but when i equated your tastes to mcd u gotten mad. Sadly it is what it is, a superficial fast quick experience like cheap fast food.

Swtor is a low quality ARPG, it serves best as an RPG for roleplayers with cool looking gear, which i also like - but in the end i play mmoarpg's because i want to build cool and powerful characters and because ARPG's are fundamentally different from action games like counterstrike because there is character building - i want to optimize this feeling.

Not only that, but i represent a much greater part of the mmo community than you do - games with the qualities you defend are always nab infested - there are few serious players, slacking communities(although often quite friendly). Players walking around massive nubs don't know **** about the game, no real knowledge or theorycrafting going on usually just a couple of individuals holding the torch etc.. Nothing to aspire to. Do you really think Swtor isn't just gonna keep losing and becoming less and less interesting when all the best MMOARPG elements have been diluted to the point where it's no interesting driving forces to attract people?

The qualities i speak about are what seperates the trashy mmo's from the good ones, the qualities i speak about are what drove the greatest mmo's of all times to become just that. You can think im just talking ****, but you can't recognize what you don't understand - and most of you are fast food consumers with little sense for quality. So yea :D

There were a good couple of responds early in the thread, like the one who pointed out good things to hunt for, but now it's just u all with the standard brainless comments and u dont have a clue what u read. Haha.

Tomorrow i hope to come back and read once again something far out in here to make me rofl.

Edited by Duco

I think a stat free system is the way to go with people running the content for the shiny rewards (weapon tunings seem to be a good example of a new reward type that people would be running to play harder content to get) rather than numbers that just make the same content easier and easier.

I Cringe

Why cringe? Scared you wouldn't be able to complete hard content without boosted stats to get you through?

Well using the current operations as an example, there are specific cases where the strategy derives from the stat allocation.

As a healer in PvE combat, most fights benefit from a high alacrity build to keep your team up. For specific, high single target damage fights (think Coratanni's fight in HM when Pearl is enraged), you want to switch to a high crit build. This also applies to Operative in PvP, where depending on the expected enemy composition you'll want the current 6 piece set, or the new 4 piece+old 2 piece+extreme crit.

As a tank, there's some strategy in gearing as well. The mean mitigation method, or the ZorZ B-mod high endurance gear to mitigate spike damage at the cost of more healing resources spent.

Not sure about 4.0 DPS, but in 3.0 at least there were some effective sets that used a ton of alacrity instead of the expected crit. Looking at you, Vanguard.

I personally find value in that, as it allows certain classes that would normally be considered suboptimal for fights to be more than merely "viable".

Is the value in this worth the benefits of going without stats and letting player skill be the sole determinant of success? I think so, I think you could make an argument against it.

Well using the current operations as an example, there are specific cases where the strategy derives from the stat allocation.

As a healer in PvE combat, most fights benefit from a high alacrity build to keep your team up. For specific, high single target damage fights (think Coratanni's fight in HM when Pearl is enraged), you want to switch to a high crit build. This also applies to Operative in PvP, where depending on the expected enemy composition you'll want the current 6 piece set, or the new 4 piece+old 2 piece+extreme crit.

As a tank, there's some strategy in gearing as well. The mean mitigation method, or the ZorZ B-mod high endurance gear to mitigate spike damage at the cost of more healing resources spent.

Not sure about 4.0 DPS, but in 3.0 at least there were some effective sets that used a ton of alacrity instead of the expected crit. Looking at you, Vanguard.

I personally find value in that, as it allows certain classes that would normally be considered suboptimal for fights to be more than merely "viable".

Is the value in this worth the benefits of going without stats and letting player skill be the sole determinant of success? I think so, I think you could make an argument against it.

I think you could still get away with dropping secondary stats from gear if you placed a similar set of customization options back into the discipline tree/ utility picks.

You could have preset options or you could offer a set of sliders that allowed a player to set the characters spread of points across the secondary stats. No need to have gear involved at all.

It's not that I'm necessarily against the complexity of a heavy stat based system (I cut my gaming teeth on the likes of Rolemaster and GURPS) I just think it becomes a tedious exercise of number crunching (or at least having to drop into a third party theory crafter site) and an unnecessary hindrance to players.

The good thing about arthritis waking me up from a perfectly good sleep is that I can come back onto the forums for a minute and read stuff like this while I'm waiting for the painkillers to kick in.

And we can say there's at least one aspect of the this game that holds the OP's attention, he keeps responding to his own thread well enough. Guess that's something...

Edited by xordevoreaux

says there is no power spike between fresh 65 gear and best gear in the game... clearly doesnt know what they are talking about LOL. and about the numbers like 2% increase in dmg, you have to realize this game works on a smaller number scale, and 2% actually equates to alot, same with the only 4 ilvl difference in gear tiers, its a different scale and those seemingly small jumps make a big difference. learn the game before you jump to conclusions please

2% with less than 50% average uptime.. no believe it or not it doesn't become "a lot" ahaha, you are just proving my point that there is little difference between higher and lower gear rating.

Besides i can outtheorycraft any of you in a heartbeat son im the master theorycrafter.

But i say that just to make you happy, i know you love to read that.

Still true tho.

Let me give you an example. Whether this is theorycrafted right i don't know, i haven't run the numbers myself but going by the guides:

208 Goal

2 Initiative Enhancements + 6 Accuracy Augments = 712 Accuracy Rating

3 Quick Savant Enhancements + 6 Alacrity Augments= 849 Alacrity Rating

5 Adept Enhancements + 2 Critical Augments = 831 Critical Rating

216 Goal

2 Initiative Enhancements+ 6 Accuracy Augments = 742 Accuracy Rating

3 Quick Savant Enhancements + 6 Alacrity Augments = 894 Alacrity Rating

5 Adept Enhancements + 2 Critical Augments = 902 Critical

220 goal

2 Initiative Enhancements + 5 Accuracy Augments =685 Accuracy Rating

3 Quick Savant Enhancements + 5 Alacrity Augments =845 Alacrity Rating

5 Adept Enhancements + 4 Critical Augments = 1092 Critical Rating

224 goal

2 Initiative Enhancements + 5 Accuracy Augments = 701 Accuracy Rating

3 Quick Savant Enhancements + 6 Alacrity Augments = 869 Alacrity

5 Adept Enhancements + 2 Critical Augments = 1132 Critical Rating

Difference in these secondary stats or whatever you wish to call them from the very entry level gear you can buy straight on gtn and the best in the game is is like 300 crit rating and 20 alacrity. Wow huh?

Now, can try to keep up this next part is badly presented, I am tired as ****.

Then base weapon damage from 208->224 is increased by 7.3%.. And maybe around 900 mastery and maybe 1300 power. I think i overstimated that power though i am tired as hell worked hard physical labor all night long so wont waste a couple hours theory-crafting it right..

Just an estimation.. What are we looking at then huh? Again this won't be right and im tired as hell probably forgot something but were looking at i reckon around max 30% increase to overall weapon damage and 300 crit rating + maybe 1% crit and 20 alacrity... something similar to that ish going from the weakest straight on 65 gear to the very best in the game. Then lets say full set bonus is 5% damage, though probably 1-3% is more accurate, so were looking like 33-38% damage increase or something like that.. again lets say i failed hard and its actually more like 45%.

Laughable progression. That's not even talking about you can buy most items direct on GTN of rating 220, making the leftover progression tiny maybe 7% growth or so, on a decent budget maybe you'll be sitting at 15-20% power progression left in game after just 1 day on 65. That's to fully min/maxed BiS gear.

And u think u have big endgame progression huh. Gotta be kidding me.

All of this with no interesting items, no legendary items like twinbladez of azzinoth etc. etc.

Edited by Duco

I'll add to this. My mother probably *is* the worst player in history. On many story fights she'd have to have me log in and win for her back in 1.0 and 2.0. She was literally incapable of doing Makeb because it was too hard for her. Now in 4.0 she can clear the content and regularly runs Heroics.

There is a clear difference and I think BW realized that there are a lot more players like your mother (bless her) playing this game, so I understand their change of direction. At the same time I also understand that there are still players out there that like a little challenge and not just in NiM operations. So I would be happy if the story bosses would also have a SM and HM variant that people can choose between. Just to cater to a wider group. I mean there will always be people who will say it's not hard enough, but there's nothing wrong with giving people a bit more challenge...optionally.

She wins because now she can enjoy the story instead of feeling like she's being carried be my. I win because I don't have to fly all over the darn place to help her fight a sand demon or a rancor or a Darth Baras. To me, that's worth the drop in overall difficulty.

Well and that's it. For some reason this game has suffered from its own community. I can't explain it because you'd think that Star Wars would invite a somewhat more social group of people but the community here is much more antisocial than I would've thought. So much focus on me, myself and I ....no regard for the bigger picture or bigger community in this sense. An MMO can only really work well with a sense of community. It's not even necessarily about how much group content or solo content there is or isn't, but how people treat each other.

People just want to win loot asap even in a game where gearing is easy. That's an attitude issue, not a game issue.

Besides, if you want something difficult there's still One and Only runs and HM/NiM ops. Seriously, HM/NiM ops not named KP/EV are super fun and guilds are looking to find people right now. There's no better time to get involved.

There is that, but that's very thin. I imagine there are people out there who don't necessarily like operations but also want a bit of challenge in their gameplay. So I wouldn't want to banish challenge completely from the leveling experience either. However, the challenge there should be optional as I mentioned above. But completely eradicating it as is done now, is a shame still...I get that the majority is fine with it and I can enjoy the story myself, but it's ok to be challenged from time to time as well and I would like to have at least some story bosses like the ones at the end of each planet to have an optional HM version.

snipped for length.

Although the gear progression is relatively flat when it comes to stats, the progression is still there and it does actually make a difference in the numbers. This difference is noticeable mostly in HM or NiM of course.

Now you seem to be a guy that wants big massive numbers.

Again this is not the game you're looking for. Even in 1.0 the stat differences were not huge but the differences did matter. Possibly a bit more because the overall numbers were lower but there you are. I don't think the game will ever go the direction you want because as we found out, there are a lot more casual, non-hardcore people out there in this game and they will therefore set the tone. So really, I get that you're not happy about it but I don't see this game changing this.

No matter how horrible you are at a game, after 2 years you will get much better. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it too than game just being easier. To me nothing feels easier. It's just so much easier to get better gear that the stuff your level is being killed with better gear. Otherwise, things die horribly fast as they always have.

Now you seem to be a guy that wants big massive numbers.

Again this is not the game you're looking for.

Am not neccessarily looking for big numbers, hell i usually play dot classes(pun intended)..

anyways.. What i really wish was there to be more things i crave. I simply don't really desire it enough to bother and that is my problem, it is relatively meaningless because of its low level of influence. It simply to me is not something i desire enough, i don't think its balanced to be addictive enough.

As i said, i do like some aspects of the game and i come back some times every year for a couple of weeks to enjoy that.

I am simply saying that is how i feel, never said my way should be the way u all think. Devs can ignore it if they want, i just put it here that is what the forums is for.

So honestly dudes, **** with your "just leave" type-ish comments, even if i can see you are a good guys you still do these troll move like a regular braindead whiteknight - making no points just trying to put others down.

EDIT: I feel like i have no identify when everyone is the same as me in terms of their character progression - for example i like to spend a couple of weeks on my tank hardgrinding dungeons and having fun growing powerful and as i do the group becomes happy because i can tank everything and everyone becomes happy due to my character being well powerful, so the whole run goes smooth. I love queueing for dungeons and showing off my power. Now everyone and their mother(ahaha pun intended), can just easy get it all like nothing and there is no pride in my character outside of the looks of it which i do take great pride in. Again, if i wanted a pure action game about only skills i would play something like counterstrike - but i like games with rpg elements the most.

Probably some filthy troll is waiting to say - that's just because u don't have skill and need gear to feel good or something of that sorts, but i always impress with my skill and people comment on both how nice it is to play with someone who has a clue, as well as even i remember back in wow they said my pugs were so good because i make people talk and socialize so all u crapheads can just stop ur wankering talks of trying some low blow - it won't work ill bring to light ur deceptions. I never been taken on my mains in the game i really play, not on meters not nothing i will eat ur asses. Okay i met 2 people over the last 10 years who could take me but those were just insanely *********** crazy good beyond godlike. One of them was a massive arrogant ******, but he was extremely skilled - the other was beyond doubt the most insane player i've ever seen. He was simply the best at anything he did, any clases anything he almost broke what should be possible on that class every time. Tanking, raid leading whatever he just was always pretty much flawless.

Edited by Duco

. I love queueing for dungeons and showing off my power. Now everyone and their mother(ahaha pun intended), can just easy get it.

^^^^ The point of this entire thread comes down to this one whine. OP can't feel elite any more because his "power" has been abated.

I'll explain in very clear terms the difference between ability and power, and why ability is far more valuable than power.

Imagine everyone in the world unable to walk but you. You have the ability to walk. Your power is the differential between your ability to walk and everyone else's inability to walk. That means you can walk up to someone, kick sand in his face, and run away, and they can't do anything about it in any real terms.

Now imagine suddenly everyone is quite capable of walking. That guy you just kicked sand at? Now he leaps up and tackles your behind... because he can. He has the ability.

You have not lost the ability to walk. You've merely lost your "power" because you now share the ability to walk with everyone else.

Chasing power is an illusion. Worry about your abilities and don't worry about the next guy's ability. Concentrate on your own.

You'll be happier in the long run.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Kids, you don't even deserve an argument.

Thanks for bumping.

Kids. Little one, you are the only one having a fit because you are no longer Lord of All You Survey. Kindly get over yourself and if the game is that horrible for you now, find another one. Believe it or no there are other games out there. :)

Am not neccessarily looking for big numbers, hell i usually play dot classes(pun intended)..

anyways.. What i really wish was there to be more things i crave. I simply don't really desire it enough to bother and that is my problem, it is relatively meaningless because of its low level of influence. It simply to me is not something i desire enough, i don't think its balanced to be addictive enough.

As i said, i do like some aspects of the game and i come back some times every year for a couple of weeks to enjoy that.

I am simply saying that is how i feel, never said my way should be the way u all think. Devs can ignore it if they want, i just put it here that is what the forums is for.

So honestly dudes, **** with your "just leave" type-ish comments, even if i can see you are a good guys you still do these troll move like a regular braindead whiteknight - making no points just trying to put others down.

EDIT: I feel like i have no identify when everyone is the same as me in terms of their character progression - for example i like to spend a couple of weeks on my tank hardgrinding dungeons and having fun growing powerful and as i do the group becomes happy because i can tank everything and everyone becomes happy due to my character being well powerful, so the whole run goes smooth. I love queueing for dungeons and showing off my power. Now everyone and their mother(ahaha pun intended), can just easy get it all like nothing and there is no pride in my character outside of the looks of it which i do take great pride in. Again, if i wanted a pure action game about only skills i would play something like counterstrike - but i like games with rpg elements the most.

Probably some filthy troll is waiting to say - that's just because u don't have skill and need gear to feel good or something of that sorts, but i always impress with my skill and people comment on both how nice it is to play with someone who has a clue, as well as even i remember back in wow they said my pugs were so good because i make people talk and socialize so all u crapheads can just stop ur wankering talks of trying some low blow - it won't work ill bring to light ur deceptions. I never been taken on my mains in the game i really play, not on meters not nothing i will eat ur asses. Okay i met 2 people over the last 10 years who could take me but those were just insanely *********** crazy good beyond godlike. One of them was a massive arrogant ******, but he was extremely skilled - the other was beyond doubt the most insane player i've ever seen. He was simply the best at anything he did, any clases anything he almost broke what should be possible on that class every time. Tanking, raid leading whatever he just was always pretty much flawless.

Well, your title seemed to indicate you were done with the game, so for me you can discuss it all you want but the game won't give you what you want because that's not what this game is built around.

You are quite right that this game has story and dress up going for it. It has more of course but it doesn't excel at endgame though it certainly does have a lot more of than games like GW2, but hey. Point is, you don't have to leave but if the game can't hold your attention and SWTOR is very unlikely to change, I'm not telling you to leave but rather I'm telling you the best thing to do is to stop wasting your time that's all. Either you adapt to what this game is or you move along. Anything else is a bad idea for you.

Kids, you don't even deserve an argument.

Thanks for bumping.

Duco must = MadCuzBad. MCB is the only one on the forums who calls us kids after having no ability to say anything after having read a valid argument. I was born before man walked on the moon. If you want to call me a kid, feel free.

One more for the /ignore pile.

Edited by xordevoreaux

You don't get to show off and have pride in. ..leveling gear?

...leveling gear?

Aaaaaand that's enough SWTOR forum for today.

I can totally relate to this. I'm not interested in end game. At all. Instead, 'my' game is leveling.

Back in the day, I would craft gear sets in anticipation of leveling, and got excited by, and took pride in equipping that gear as soon as I could. That's gone now. Pointless since you level so fast. Also since leveling content is so easy. Also since FP's are now mostly tactical - gear is somewhat pointless as well because of bolster. Combined, these sucked a lot of the life out of the game for me.

^^^^ the point of this entire thread comes down to this one whine. Op can't feel elite any more because his "power" has been abated.

I'll explain in very clear terms the difference between ability and power, and why ability is far more valuable than power.

Imagine everyone in the world unable to walk but you. You have the ability to walk. Your power is the differential between your ability to walk and everyone else's inability to walk. That means you can walk up to someone, kick sand in his face, and run away, and they can't do anything about it in any real terms.

Now imagine suddenly everyone is quite capable of walking. That guy you just kicked sand at? Now he leaps up and tackles your behind... Because he can. He has the ability.

You have not lost the ability to walk. You've merely lost your "power" because you now share the ability to walk with everyone else.

Chasing power is an illusion. Worry about your abilities and don't worry about the next guy's ability. Concentrate on your own.

You'll be happier in the long run.

this +100

I haven't read all of this thread, but I am with OP on this topic. I recently started playing again on my very first character in SWTOR again, a Jedi Guardian. Now mind you I started this game knowing that I wasn't great at mmos and wanted to play for the stories and sense of exploration because I LOVE Star Wars. I used to remember it as a hard class to play, especially moving into ranged characters that I really prefer, but even I, who is a profoundly poor excuse of a Jedi Knight, can get through large mobs solo, like it's no problem now - having not played the class in years. That is upsetting to me because even though she used to be somewhat challenging, the challenge kept me very interested.

Another point of disappointment I've had while playing this old character of mine is when I kept thinking of this modifiable vibrosword that was just so cool looking and that I really liked a lot, but switched out of and I guess sold because I no longer have it. So I googled it though because I really wanted it again and I found a thread here indicating where to get them and all of those weapon vendors (or at least the couple whose area I went to are no longer available). Leveling gear is basically a joke now. You can have gear ten-fifteen levels back and still get by if you know your class! I don't think I'm likely to pick up one of these swords from a drop either. Especially over leveled. And God would it be tedious to try.

When I started this game, I did indeed go in knowing that the role playing and cut scenes were what I was there for. I was a slow leveler. I was bad at mmos at the time. I hated it at times and took many breaks especially when I didn't have enough money and had to level as a F2P for a while. Sub or not though, the grind was an aspect of the game. I LOVE cut scenes, but I lose all my excitement for them now during class missions. Before, getting to those big cut scenes were a goal. Now they are SO easy to get to and from that there is no sense of accomplishment in game because. . . well there really are no true accomplishments anymore. I played through Tython again on a new character and it took me a couple hours maybe?? Before it took me at least half a day if I really pushed because I had to do every single side quest available to get anywhere level wise (although I do not call myself a skilled player even now, so I don't know how accurate this is for anyone else). It was a relief when I had enough XP to be at level for a planet.

While I was one of those people who wanted them to focus more on the RP and make more content for us kind of players, I now realize that since they've moved so far in this direction, the game would need a large redesign to make it feel dynamic again outside of the KOTFE chapters. It's not what it used to be; that's ok. But it feels wonky leveling from the bottom (which idk about anyone else, but I feel like I definitely have to do still). The Class missions do not play as well as they used to imo (with exceptions) - as much as I like KOTFE. There's a lot of content I liked in the original class missions that I still want to play without growing bored because my mobs die in 2 seconds.

Edited by kimfection