Why is Quinn middle aged, while the other LI are still young?

Aeristash

Lol I turned 30 myself a few days ago so the thought that Quinn's original age is consider 'old' is like.. nuuu!! I already felt bad enough turning 30 thinking wth did time go I still feel like a 20 year old!!!

I turn 39 years old this year. And I have a soon to be 18 year old son, who graduates High School this year. My husband turns 41 this year.

If 37 when you meet Quinn is OLD, then damn I may as well go get my mother's cane and walker and ***** about kids being on my lawn. :p

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mako is 19 in vanilla and 24 in kotfe. :p

No, you need to add approximately 10 years to everyone's age (meaning Vanilla companions) when you FIRST meet them. 5 years for chapters 1-5 (original class story/makeb/sor are chapters 1-5) and then 5 years for KotFE. So 10.

Which makes Torian, who was 19 in BH story, about 29 now.

No, you need to add approximately 10 years to everyone's age (meaning Vanilla companions) when you FIRST meet them. 5 years for chapters 1-5 (original class story/makeb/sor are chapters 1-5) and then 5 years for KotFE. So 10.

Which makes Torian, who was 19 in BH story, about 29 now.

Well, except you meet Torian in Chapter 2, so probably only add 8 years instead of ten, but I think your general point is still well made.

Just think, Tharan Cedrax is about 40s in KotFE. I'm like ***??? lol

I always just add 10-11 years since Act I to everyone's ages.

If they were 17 in Act one, they're 28 now. They will of course look exactly the same to us cause Game and all, but they HAVE aged.

I always assume Quinn began his military career around 16/17. So he's been military a long while.

I would say women who prefer older men, prefer older men because in their mind, older men are more stable financially and are more experienced in life, and thus more capable of providing for them. I would say women who prefer men around their own age, aren't looking for someone to provide for them, but just someone that can experience life with them, and just generally have more in common with them. Edited by cool-dude

You might be right. Vector's Diplomatic Service history and his general comments about where he's served and such indicates he'd held that job for a few years before he became a Joiner, and then it seems like he'd been a Joiner for a while yet he's only 26 when the Agent meets him.

Princess Leia was a SENATOR at 19, so age is pretty fluid in the diplomatic side of things. Padme was an ELECTED Queen, and she was even younger. What kind of campaign can a 13 year old run?

I never even thought about the age differences, I Guess I just thought they were all pretty close

I would say women who prefer older men, prefer older men because in their mind, older men are more stable financially and are more experienced in life, and thus more capable of providing for them. I would say women who prefer men around their own age, aren't looking for someone to provide for them, but just someone that can experience life with them, and just generally have more in common with them.

That's.. silly. There's really nothing nefarious or preposterous about being attracted to a 30+ year old.

Edited by grania

That's.. silly. There's really nothing nefarious or preposterous about being attracted to a 30+ year old.

It's purely psychological theory. Many women prefer older men because they want the security for themselves and their offspring. Men want younger women because of perception of fertility. There is more to it and I personally agree with other theories of attraction.

I would say women who prefer older men, prefer older men because in their mind, older men are more stable financially and are more experienced in life, and thus more capable of providing for them. I would say women who prefer men around their own age, aren't looking for someone to provide for them, but just someone that can experience life with them, and just generally have more in common with them.

Nothing to do with stability and everything to do with mental maturity. The majority of boys/men who are at the same age as a woman tend to be a tad more immature which is not attractive once you start looking for a serious relationship.

It's purely psychological theory. Many women prefer older men because they want the security for themselves and their offspring. Men want younger women because of perception of fertility. There is more to it and I personally agree with other theories of attraction.

If you don't agree with it, why are you explaining it as if it has merit?

Nothing to do with stability and everything to do with mental maturity.

That, and physical maturity is very sexy too.

Edited by grania

That, and physical maturity is very sexy too.

Oh it is. ;)

Financial security and stability has never been something I've looked at critically when it comes to men. If he happens to have it, great. If not then oh well, we'll get there together. And though I may 'crush' on older men like certain older actors and such and in the past teaching assistants and the likes rather than the brats I shared a classroom with, my fiance is only a little less than 3 years older than I am and we're completely in sync with each other on every level. :)

Actually you ever considered that the ladies that prefer older men prefer them because they are more respectful, considerate and are not threatened by a ladies success. A lot of younger men are more selfish, insecure, and self-centered and while they may be younger that is hardly a good person to have a relationship with.

Edited by casirabit

This is on point. There can be old fools and young fools as well as people who get wiser with age and those who are wise beyond their years. I also don't think maturity, so much as financial status has much to do with younger women wanting older men & vice versa. Just look at Hugh hefner and Clint east wood. You think those young women they surround themselves with want them for their minds? You think they want them for the same likewise? Ha. Most of the time people with huge age gaps have nearly nothing in common, due to a rift in life experience and are only looking to one another for money & companionship.

This is on point. There can be old fools and young fools as well as people who get wiser with age and those who are wise beyond their years. I also don't think maturity, so much as financial status has much to do with younger women wanting older men & vice versa. Just look at Hugh hefner and Clint east wood. You think those young women they surround themselves with want them for their minds? You think they want them for the same likewise? Ha. Most of the time people with huge age gaps have nearly nothing in common, due to a rift in life experience and are only looking to one another for money & companionship.

Sure but you can't just say that all women either go in this box, or that box. That's what is silly.

Can't say why women would be drawn to Hugh Grant or Clint Eastwood but I'd jump on Liam Neeson in a heartbeat. Not for his money or fame but because he's pretty attractive in my eyes and that voice and accent.. :o Don't even care he's twice my age. :p

Relationship wise though? I wouldn't know. I don't actually know the man, we could clash immensely. :) Some times being attracted to older men is purely physical and other times it can be through an emotional connection or otherwise. Not really going to judge anyone for their preference, make assumptions about their reasonings or tell them what's right and wrong. Whatever makes someone happy.

Just think, in KotFE, 5 years later, and you marry him around Chapter 3, it's been a total of approximately 10 years since you first see Quinn on Balmorra, so in KotFE, he's now 47/48. Which is even worse. lol My Sith War was 18 when she MET him on Balmorra. He's 19 years older than her. So by KotFE times, she's 28 and he's 47. *wiggles eyebrows* I LOVE older men.

Especially when they're as damn fine looking as Quinn! Of course..I'm 46, so he's not THAT much older lol

Can't say why women would be drawn to Hugh Grant or Clint Eastwood but I'd jump on Liam Neeson in a heartbeat. Not for his money or fame but because he's pretty attractive in my eyes and that voice and accent.. :o Don't even care he's twice my age. :p

Relationship wise though? I wouldn't know. I don't actually know the man, we could clash immensely. :) Some times being attracted to older men is purely physical and other times it can be through an emotional connection or otherwise. Not really going to judge anyone for their preference, make assumptions about their reasonings or tell them what's right and wrong. Whatever makes someone happy.

My husband is my age (<3), but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to my celebrity crushes. I think my age range preference is something like.. 25-65, lol.

You know what I think it is - I think I really just like guys :p

My husband is my age (<3), but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to my celebrity crushes. I think my age range preference is something like.. 25-65, lol.

You know what I think it is - I think I really just like guys :p

Hahaha I'm with you there!! There's few 'young' actors I like but they do exist! :o There's also a few I never ever liked until they started aging.. yeah I got issues. :D

Edited by JennyFlynn

I think you all have put far more thought into the companions' ages and timelines than the writers did.

For me, since all of the voice actors are pretty much 30+, that's the way I picture our characters and companions no matter what their official biographies say.

Ages of Voice Actors as of this year:

Male BH - 66. Female BH - 44.

Mako - 34. Torian - 40.

Male Agent - 39. Female Agent - 46.

Temple - 29. Kaliyo - 49. Vector - ~40

Male Knight - 47. Female Knight - 39.

Doc - 44. Kira - 35.

Male Consular - 47. Female Consular - 41ish

Iresso - ? (Doing Off-Broadway by 1993) Nadia - 40.

Male SI - 39. Female SI - 38.

Andronikos - 56. Ashara - 35.

Male Warrior - 46. Female Warrior - 47.

Jessa - 37. Quinn - ? (I'd guess 50s) Vette - 37.

Male Smuggler - 45. Female Smuggler - 63.

Akaavi - 48. Corso - 42. Risha - 43.

Male Trooper - 46. Female Trooper - 44.

Jorgan - 47. Dorne - 47.

Theron - 40. Lana - 36.

Honestly, I thought Quinn is 30+, but Talos surprised me. I am sure I read somewhere he is in his late 30s but seems it was inaccurate information.

I have to add how I feel about Torian. My Bounty Hunter's future became black the moment I saw him. I silently kept praying he is yet another npc to whom I will help and move on. His hair reminded me on that guy, Justin Bieber, and his voice and body type did not help much to my question: "Is that it?"

She seemed older than him. Her voice, alone, screamed "I am more mature than you".

Gap between age becomes wider depending on a life person leads. One age of a BH, adds ten more of experience Torian will never have. It could cancel itself out when he is in his late 30s. I can understand if someone would percieve him as nice and cute but, to be her husband, I cannot.

Maybe, it is more about how you play your character, so my character resulted in a creep who abused Torian's confusion and him being mesmerized by awesomeness of my 'Great Creeper of a 18-year-olds Hunt'. :confused:

If you don't agree with it, why are you explaining it as if it has merit?

Because it applies to the majority of people, whether they accept it or not. It is a theory that has an extreme of needing to take care of offspring or wanting someone younger due to fertility.

In a modern application, people want someone who isn't worthless. I'm sure many females don't need a male that needs to take care of them, but psychologically they still have that innate desire. It's just manifested in wanting someone who isn't worthless and choosing someone worthless goes against our species requirements unless your a male.

Males display this "requirement" trait too now. I'm sure many males want a female of equal worth not needing to take care of them. I display this trait, I'm glad my partner isn't expecting me to provide 100% for her because I'm not living in the 1960's. I demand my selection of a partner be of equal work ethic as me.

Males still prefer someone younger and while they might not want kids, it's because innate affection shows your younger female has a higher chance of being fertile compared to an older female.

Again, I don't agree with it 100% but it's exactly how we work as a species whether you like it or not :rak_03:

Edited by JourrnoRush

Honestly I think people think too much about the ages. If it really bothers people just headcanon them to be different ages, or that they've had really good medical treatment or something. I'm half-convinced that the writers didn't give any serious consideration to the LI's and companions ages anyway. If Talos Drellik can be 27 but look 47, then I can easily imagine Quinn being 5-7 years younger than he "canonically" is according to Wookiepedia. :p