Imperials are speciesist yet are commanded by Aliens....

KillaSandman

What makes no sense to me is the rampant speciecism of the Empire. I realize the Empire is supposed to remind us of the Empire of the movies except thousands of years earlier so they have the freedom to do what they want to do but how does it make sense that this empire is speciesist.....? This empire is commanded by Aliens... the ruling class prefers Sith with as little human as possible, yet most Imperials are part Sith making them "mixed" compared to their Republic human brethren, although most don't show it in appearance...... This contradiction makes no sense to me.

The empire is commanded by humans and pure blood sith. Canonically there are not any purebloods that are not part of the empire (creating one as a player doesn't count since you were not able to originally).

So this empire was formed because of these two species originally. From what I'm understanding the speciest policy was an evolution of extreme patriotism or nationalism. Something along the lines of our two species built this city (of rock and roll) and everyone else is beneath us.

This also partly explains why the citizens of Dromand Kass (All human from what we've seen so far) are considered elite and noble while humans from other planets are considered as canon fodder or slaves. The empire doesn't even treat the nobles of house Thul on Alderaan very well.

Sith as a species actually ranks above human in the Imperial hierarchy of racial acceptance; but from a lore perspective even in TOR's time Purebloods are super rare (much moreso than gameplay would suggest).

By the Galactic Civil War they are extinct.

Edited by Diviciacus

I'm not understanding these last 3 comments. What makes you think I do not understand this?

Clearly you don't, or you wouldn't be asking why the Empire doesn't consider Sith pure/mixed bloods as "aliens." All three posts are answering your question.

Edited by Diviciacus

Sith as a species actually ranks above human in the Imperial hierarchy of racial acceptance; but from a lore perspective even in TOR's time Purebloods are super rare (much moreso than gameplay would suggest).

By the Galactic Civil War they are extinct.

The original exiled Jedi came to Korriban and the Sith worshipped them as Gods, then they overthrew King Hakagram and declared themselves Sith Lords and rulers of the Sith people. They interbred with the native Sith until no "pureblood" exists in. I'd say Humans are on equal footing in the Sith command structure, if not slightly higher.

Edited by Temeluchus

The original exiled Jedi came to Korriban and the Sith worshipped them as Gods, then they overthrew King Hakagram and declared themselves Sith Lords and rulers of the Sith people. They interbred with the native Sith until no "pureblood" exists in. I'd say Humans are on equal footing in the Sith command structure, if not slightly higher.

Exactly right! There are many more humans in the Sith Empire and the Sith Pureblood are basically being bred out of existence. I would say humans now hold the higher standing where as the Pureblood did as late as 70+ years ago in the Empire's history, around the time the Red Reaper was lost, if memory serves.

That being said, yes, Imperials are being commanded by aliens in some cases. Slave races that have Force sensitives are being allowed to train on Korriban, something previously unthinkable! In Rise of the Hutt Cartel you meet a Cathar officer, proof that the Empire's smaller numbers means that it has to adapt to new ideas in order to survive. The days of relying only on the strength of Purebloods and Humans is very much over.

I see it as they had to change their views, even if slightly, to let races like Twi'lek, Chiss, or whoever else they had as being slaves originally, be other things.

In Vanilla ToR, a Sith could only be human, pureblood, think Cyborg and Zabrak. (Then the game let's you be a Chiss Sith if you want)

But look at the Cinematic for KotFE. You've got a Twi'lek commanding forces on Korriban. In Vanilla, or even before Vanilla (stuff that happens outside of game) you'd never see that. Darth Marr and to some extent, Darth Malgus, saw that only letting purebloods and humans be mighty people and no one else, was *********** them over more than helping.

It's why you now see a Twi'lek sith commanding forces, even if you know damn good and well, Arcann killed her dead.

I see it as they had to change their views, even if slightly, to let races like Twi'lek, Chiss, or whoever else they had as being slaves originally, be other things.

In Vanilla ToR, a Sith could only be human, pureblood, think Cyborg and Zabrak. (Then the game let's you be a Chiss Sith if you want)

But look at the Cinematic for KotFE. You've got a Twi'lek commanding forces on Korriban. In Vanilla, or even before Vanilla (stuff that happens outside of game) you'd never see that. Darth Marr and to some extent, Darth Malgus, saw that only letting purebloods and humans be mighty people and no one else, was *********** them over more than helping.

It's why you now see a Twi'lek sith commanding forces, even if you know damn good and well, Arcann killed her dead.

In vanilla a SI could be a twi'lek as well, since it makes sense for them (if I recall though, they had different options than Republic Twi'leks, such as no light blue skin tone)

War demands many things. Change is at the top of that list. The top Sith of vanilla made it pretty well known how they felt about aliens (much less aliens who were used for slave labor) in any position of power. As the previous person said, it made sense for the Inquisitor's storyline but it did not really become a mainstream idea until the war was well underway and the Empire was being dealt blow after blow. When you have a smaller population and you need to refill your ranks creative and unorthodox thinking is the way to go!

Coruscant

Actually, that has never been confirmed, though it is the prevailing theory. It is 100 percent known that the future Mandalorians were from Coruscant and after a war were forced off world. We also know humans spread on sleeper ships across the galaxy from Coruscant... but yeah... never definitively stated Coruscant is the absolute home of humanity.

humans and a number of other current playable species were transplanted to many worlds during the reign of the rakata and the infinite empire. Sine the lore doesn't go into much detail about that time period it's hard to determine where humans or a number of other species originated from.

humans and a number of other current playable species were transplanted to many worlds during the reign of the rakata and the infinite empire. Sine the lore doesn't go into much detail about that time period it's hard to determine where humans or a number of other species originated from.

While this is true, Humans were already settled on Coruscant, having made Galactic City (the start of turning the planet into an entire city) many tens of thousands of years before the Rakata's Infinite Empire came into existence.

The way I see it, imperials think of all other species as lowly, almost animals with human being the default "real" people. Sith purebloods on the other hand aren't really seen as humans OR lowly animals but rather as something like demi-gods. Part human but separate from humans and elite.

The empire is commanded by humans and pure blood sith. Canonically there are not any purebloods that are not part of the empire (creating one as a player doesn't count since you were not able to originally).

So this empire was formed because of these two species originally. From what I'm understanding the speciest policy was an evolution of extreme patriotism or nationalism. Something along the lines of our two species built this city (of rock and roll) and everyone else is beneath us.

This also partly explains why the citizens of Dromand Kass (All human from what we've seen so far) are considered elite and noble while humans from other planets are considered as canon fodder or slaves. The empire doesn't even treat the nobles of house Thul on Alderaan very well.

Canonically? When abrams threw the EU to the wolves all this became non canon. The term "pureblood" used during the old republic era to describe someone who has most ancient sith blood in them depsite the fact true sith died out centuries earlier, while slaves and hybrid sith interbred to further dilute the gene pool, most sith you know during the cold war era are mostly human with some sith traits like red skin with bone protrusions and colored eyes. True ancient Sith were somewhat like the Massassi on yavin 4 but they were more humanoid in appearance and a lot taller. violent, warlike and intelligent.

So to calling a sith a "sith" during the cold war era when your toon starts out as one is to miss the point entirely, instead the dark side scholars use the Sith'ari title as what it means to be all powerful like the ancient sith, to be called a god or an overlord of the sith, the one that holds all the power in an empire.

as for other aliens; they were tolerated only for as long as they showed great ability and power to the point these aliens can make the empire think twice about considering them "scum" and "vermin", even then they are grudgingly accepted until they advance the aims of the empire and follow tradition, but even so they are still outsiders to a virtually human element.

True ancient Sith were somewhat like the Massassi on yavin 4 but they were more humanoid in appearance and a lot taller. violent, warlike and intelligent.

True, the massassi were the warrior caste in the hierarchy of the sith empire of old. A good example for a pure sith is Ludo Kreshh. I think Naga Sadow is a pureblood i.e. sith-human hybrid.

The SI actually starts as a slave in the story (even if you make a pureblood, think you were a child of exiles or something like that) so it makes sense for them to be twi'lek, rattattaki or zabrak. The only thing I didn't understand is why a SW could be a zabrak originally (didn't stop me from making a Darth Maul rip-off :D).

Edited by starwarsfansix

Right or wrong, I've always looked at it like this:

The Sith are the ruling class of the Empire. As such, their views ultimately shape the views of the Empire at large. Therefore, as the concept of what it means to be Sith evolves across the Empire, so will the Empire's views on species in general.

Sith, while once only a species, is now seen more as any force sensitive that follows the dark side. True, there are still purebloods (more or less at least), but non-species Sith on both sides of the war refer to dark side force users as Sith, basically the Anti-Jedi.

In SWTOR, the evolution away from species-ism is remarked upon by several characters. A traditionalist, Tremel refers to mixed-blood as "rot". Darth Baras sees it the opposite way, citing Tremel's failure to adapt to the evolving Sith paradigm. I believe it's Lord Abaron that bemoans the lack of pure bloods in positions of authority at the academy. Pre-SWTOR, Darth Revan trained aliens of all species to bolster his cause.

Practicality often wins out over ideology as victory is what ultimately matters.