Have you received your 500 CC for the April 11th promotion?

Mykra

This one is difficult for me to tell because my monthly CC adds in on the 13th, yet the reward for this was supposed to come in by the 13th as well. Either way, I'm missing 500 CC from my account currently, so they either haven't rolled out the extra April 11th rewards to everyone, or they are almost a week late in giving me my sub CC. I'm just wondering if they are slow rolling this out and many people haven't had this added yet, or if something went wrong somewhere and I need to get a hold of customer service.

Thanks for any replies.

Promotion SS:

http://imgur.com/Pw6WLyp

Edited by Mykra

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is difficult for me to tell because my monthly CC adds in on the 13th, yet the reward for this was supposed to come in by the 13th as well. Either way, I'm missing 500 CC from my account currently, so they either haven't rolled out the extra April 11th rewards to everyone, or they are almost a week late in giving me my sub CC. I'm just wondering if they are slow rolling this out and many people haven't had this added yet, or if something went wrong somewhere and I need to get a hold of customer service.

Thanks for any replies.

Promotion SS:

http://imgur.com/Pw6WLyp

Didn't get it on the 13th, haven't checked in a few days. BW's always screwing people over with these CC promotions.

So it was one big scam, not surprising there.

Well, maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun. It's not like the announcement was there on front page for a long time (I can swear it only appeared on my launcher after the 11th) and was gone soon after. It sucks for those who subbed because of it, but I doubt it was intentional on BW's part.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We have seen a few questions about a special bonus for subscribing that some players had seen in their launcher. Some of you may not realize this but our launcher has new functionality which allows us to do very specific and very targeted campaigns. This particular promotion was a test of that functionality. We chose a sampling of active, non-subscribers, to give a special bonus offer for becoming a subscriber. Simply put, if you could see the offer in your launcher, then you were eligible and those coins will have been granted to you already. If you did not see it, then you weren't eligible for this test offer. This promotion was not "everyone who is subbed by 4/11 qualified," which is why it was not advertised outside of the targeted promo in the launcher.

Our goal is to see how well targeted offers go, so that we can look to roll out more offers to everyone in the future. I hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

Then why don't I have my CC? This was in my launcher, it's how I knew about it, so - from what you are saying, I must have been qualified for it.

Edited by Mykra

Hey folks,

We have seen a few questions about a special bonus for subscribing that some players had seen in their launcher. Some of you may not realize this but our launcher has new functionality which allows us to do very specific and very targeted campaigns. This particular promotion was a test of that functionality. We chose a sampling of active, non-subscribers, to give a special bonus offer for becoming a subscriber. Simply put, if you could see the offer in your launcher, then you were eligible and those coins will have been granted to you already. If you did not see it, then you weren't eligible for this test offer. This promotion was not "everyone who is subbed by 4/11 qualified," which is why it was not advertised outside of the targeted promo in the launcher.

Our goal is to see how well targeted offers go, so that we can look to roll out more offers to everyone in the future. I hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks!

-eric

Instead of explaining this, after the complaints, you could also just have handed out to all the people. But nooooooooooooooooo....

This is once again unacceptable Eric.

Instead of explaining this, after the complaints, you could also just have handed out to all the people. But nooooooooooooooooo....

This is once again unacceptable Eric.

He clearly stated it's a targeted promotion. Targeted promotions aren't across an entire population, but a targeted segment of that population. Eric also clearly identifies that segment (people with frequent FTP logins).

That you're sore that you didn't get an extra 500cc has no relevance to that targeted promotion.

Companies across the board have targeted promotions all the time.

Advertisers know that I'm over 45, so I get targeted promotions my in my snail mail and in my email for products to help me with gray hair. They're a bit late, it already went white, but you get my point.

Ranting and wearing out the "o" key on your keyboard just paints your reaction as immature, rather than someone who recognizes and accepts what the extent of the promotion was for.

If it's any consolation, I can forward my targeted promotional junkmail to you. There's all kinds of stuff here for hair care products, orthopedic shoe inserts, all kinds of good stuff.

Edited by xordevoreaux

He clearly stated it's a targeted promotion.

I'm a new player, new sub, who had this in my launcher and didn't get the 500 CC. From what I can understand from his reply it had hidden eligibility that they didn't post until after the fact. All it told me was to be a sub on the 11th. I'm not going to freak out over it but this feels very iffy to me.

Edited by Mykra

I'm a new player, new sub, who had this in my launcher and didn't get the 500 CC. From what I can understand from his reply it had hidden eligibility that they didn't post until after the fact. All it told me was to be a sub by the 11th. I'm not going to freak out over it but this feels very iffy to me.

Welcome to the game as a new player/subscriber, and I can completely understand your confusion. The whole thing was a trial balloon and it may not have gone off without a hitch or three, but there was nothing underhanded or deceitful about its original intent or the subsequent result, just a glitch.

As a subscriber now, you'll get 500cc every month to do as you wish on the Cartel Market. Get a security key, and you'll get another 100cc. What day of the month the 500cc grant falls might change from month to month, but you'll get it.

Hey folks,

-eric

Weaksauce. I've been subscribed since just after launch. Never had a lapse. How about showing some love for those of us that have stuck with the game through thick and thin? And no, HK flavored weapons don't cut it.

Enjoy conspiracy theories much? I'll be sure to mail out a tinfoil hat for you, you know, the one that will protect you from mind-control rays from the government, or in this case, a gaming company.

Did I say anything about that? No. But you're just believing everything this guy tells you with no suspicion whatsoever. "Oh, Eric said this so it must be absolutely, 100% true.". I'm not saying you should assume the worst of them like I do, but you shouldn't just blindly accept every BS excuse they throw at you and then jump in to defend them whenever someone doubts how true their statements are.

Did I say anything about that? No. But you're just believing everything this guy tells you with no suspicion whatsoever. "Oh, Eric said this so it must be absolutely, 100% true.". I'm not saying you should assume the worst of them like I do, but you shouldn't just blindly accept every BS excuse they throw at you and then jump in to defend them whenever someone doubts how true their statements are.

I'm quite happy to take the community manager and his staff at face value. Yes, they've said things in the past that didn't come to fruition, but budgets and plans change, and I never pin people to the wall for that.

I built databases and other deliverables for a living for 29 years, and in that time, more than once I said a fix would be done in a few hours and it wound up taking me 3 or 4 days because I didn't see all the glitches up front. Not a lot, but it happened.

In this case, Eric was very much up front with his explanation and we've no reason to question it. If a trial targeted promotion had a glitch, it had a glitch. Tinfoil's on the way.

Edited by xordevoreaux