I now see that love is a huge mistake for Jedi

Aeristash

Nadia on the other hand, was trained much later in life. She's an adult. She may be naive, she may have been sheltered, but that doesn't make her any less of an adult. Even in RL you don't have those to things stop one from being in a relationship. :p

I completely agree with this in the sense that Nadia is a legal adult and she can be intimate with whomever she wants, but that doesn't mean that mentally or emotionally she's able to truly understand and/or deal with actual romance and love.

If you're in a formal teacher/student relationship, as the Consular is with Nadia, you might let that stop you. ;)

And I feel like the Consular, having had so much more training than Nadia and having so much more experience, would realize that her feelings for a male JC are probably not as deep as she believes them to be, and would try to find ways to get her to realize that she's defining herself in regards to another person rather than defining who she is on her own terms. She went from always being at her father's hip to always being at the Consular's hip. Now that she's alone, she has to deal with all the emotional issues she was able to put off before, and added to that, with the loss of her first lover and potentially husband.

In regards to love being a weakness/negative thing for Jedi: I'm not opposed to the Jedi cautioning against love, I'm opposed to how they go about it. Instead of trying to help their students understand the (significant) ups and downs of romantic relationships as a Jedi, they just say "Love is bad, can lead to the Dark Side, have a nice day". It sort of reminds me of when high school students are taught that the only safe sex is abstinence. Jedi have and are going to fall in love, but many of them are so ill equipped to deal with it because the Council doesn't say anything in regards to love other than "It's bad!"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

transference; nadia loves her father so much when he died she didnt have the chance to grieve for the loss, its made all the more tenuous when the young dashing randy male jedi swoops in and takes advantage of her emotional state to fall in love with her and after this, she still hasnt had the chance to cry in a corner and come to terms with her fathers death.

its just because she hasnt faced down loss and grieved that she is trying to find your consular, when two jedi train and fight together, become close as friends a force bond is formed, that type of bond is impossible to break.

when Satele's master was slain by Malgus, she sensed his death likely through such a force bond. for nadia she knows you are still alive she can feel it through the carbonite and after this. in a way she is trying to save you and get you back with her in your arms.

true love is when a dog is willing to travel thousands of miles to find its owner and make it back to them, true love is when someone is so devoted to a cause they will die for it at a moments notice, true love is when someone like nadia who has never faced loss wants her boyfriend back so badly she is willing to go through hell to find your male jc.

in the end, it would not only be impressive but in the most sincere and honest form of flattery, she really loves you. as for the Rift Alliance, Gaden-Ko and Hallowed voice, all these people wont want to give up their freedom to the eternal empire, so any resources to get the consular back is worth the price, it would be worth even more when the jc is found and supports the effort completely. so Nadia using them to find you and they using her in return, i dont see the problem with that.