Why are people still mad about no new raids?

Killance

This still going?

Don't do Op's and really don't care if it was removed from game.

This thread though does nothing but deliberately try to inflame players who do raids. As its still going after all this time? well done to raiders for not taking the bate.

Not read the thread but it's not been locked so? again well done.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they running story mode now? OR do you want "hard mode" to be easier than the current Story Mode (which is plenty easy).

Wow way to enable the guy to hijack the topic to put up his agenda from his own failed topic.

You should realise he speaks for "the majority" and no matter what you say you must therefore be wrong. ;)

Wow way to enable the guy to hijack the topic to put up his agenda from his own failed topic.

You should realise he speaks for "the majority" and no matter what you say you must therefore be wrong. ;)

Topic is people mad about raids, or the lack thereof. It's not completely orthogonal to the discussion to cabbage on about old raid difficulty

For myself, having done allegedly group content when vastly overeleveled; I'd rather do it at-level, even if the rewards are the usual ash and trash of mob drops. I'd rather they improve the groupfinder experience than downrate the existing raids. Because eventually all the "leet raiders" will be gone

I would rather you be given the choice to run ops like ev at 65 for current rewards, or at the original 50, for a way to get the outdated armor shells etc. If you and 7 other guildies want to run around and have fun trashing old kp, let you, just dont have it drop 216 gear. use it as a way for us to get the old armor sets for our appearance tabs.

I would rather you be given the choice to run ops like ev at 65 for current rewards, or at the original 50, for a way to get the outdated armor shells etc. If you and 7 other guildies want to run around and have fun trashing old kp, let you, just dont have it drop 216 gear. use it as a way for us to get the old armor sets for our appearance tabs.

Way less effort to put back the vendors to the fleet and you can buy those shells for example 500 rad crystal or whatever.

Your survey is the modern game industry where instant lobby, co-op,drop-in droup-out etc. dominate what people play online. The majority prefers that over hours-long people-management that is MMO raiding.

While I do think you are right on the change in how gamers like to play. I don't think it is so wide spread they can get rid of OPS like they have without the game suffering.

I wonder if a better option for OPS is have all boss individually and not in a row.

You still cannot progress to the next boss till the first one is killed but once that happens you can go to any boss you want later. Not having to clear the first 3 or 4 to see the final boss. Maybe you need more from the 3rd boss? Kill that only the next week or whatever you like.

Maybe put main rewards in a weekly missions for killing all bosses. Doesn't matter the order.

Maybe all the OPS needs to change so they are more appealing is how they are completed. Turn a 2 hours OPS into small chunks of 5 to 10 mins Plus trash. At that point you could make trash a bit ore appealing since it would start off every boss encounter

And that point, the more I think about it I'd make token drops similar to CC gear. Supplementary, lower and upper tokens from bosses. MH, relic and OH tokens coming from the weekly mission. They could even keep in the weekly highlighted raid for not only better gear for MH, relic and OH token drops.

Edited by Quraswren

Removing gear vendors of any sort is a mistake, and those vendors should be put back.

In cases where the "currency" that vendor took is no longer valid, they should be updated to take the data crystals.

On PTS right now they added certain orange shells that were removed from dropping by changes to quests to the L8 gear vendor on fleet. This is an encouraging trend.

Removing gear vendors of any sort is a mistake, and those vendors should be put back.

In cases where the "currency" that vendor took is no longer valid, they should be updated to take the data crystals.

Personal opinion coming, also given the current looks of the OPS gear, that they are ugly AF, most of the old OPS gears was way better looking. I know that this is a personal view, however 'cutting' out 'content' is always bad. Also I get that with appearance designer in place, the looks of the current OPS gear doesn't mean ****. But still the old ones were too good looking to just thrash out. I would even be fine if the currency to get them would be for example 10 DMC+20 exotic crafting mat.+ tons of credits + a lot of crystals+anything else.

I probably missed something, but aren't the old Ops gear shells that were removed from vendors in 4.0 all still available in the Alliance Crates now?

That's one of the things I like about the new solo grind over the old credit/comms/rep grind we had in daily areas.

Edited by DarthDymond

I probably missed something, but aren't the old Ops gear shells that were removed from vendors in 4.0 all still available in the Alliance Crates now?

That's one of the things I like about the new solo grind over the old credit/comms/rep grind we had in daily areas.

Available in RNG Packs is not the same as available for sale in-game for in-game currencies (credits, crystals, whatever...)

On PTS right now they added certain orange shells that were removed from dropping by changes to quests to the L8 gear vendor on fleet. This is an encouraging trend.

Now if they would only add some orange shells for all the lightsabers a blasters to the vendors too, the lack of weapon cosmetic choice always really bugs me, hence me running some inquisitors to the end of chapter 1 just for the BOL Kallig's lightsaber and then deleting them the character.

Way less effort to put back the vendors to the fleet and you can buy those shells for example 500 rad crystal or whatever.

vendors arent playable. giving choices adds playable content and keeps people interested without having to design new ops. If we arent getting new ops, more choices with the old ones is good.

Available in RNG Packs is not the same as available for sale in-game for in-game currencies (credits, crystals, whatever...)

Plus they aren't the top tier gears. For example they drop the Dread Guard(Dread Forged?) sets and the top tier was the Dread Master.

While I do think you are right on the change in how gamers like to play. I don't think it is so wide spread they can get rid of OPS like they have without the game suffering.

I wonder if a better option for OPS is have all boss individually and not in a row.

You still cannot progress to the next boss till the first one is killed but once that happens you can go to any boss you want later. Not having to clear the first 3 or 4 to see the final boss. Maybe you need more from the 3rd boss? Kill that only the next week or whatever you like.

Maybe put main rewards in a weekly missions for killing all bosses. Doesn't matter the order.

Maybe all the OPS needs to change so they are more appealing is how they are completed. Turn a 2 hours OPS into small chunks of 5 to 10 mins Plus trash. At that point you could make trash a bit ore appealing since it would start off every boss encounter

And that point, the more I think about it I'd make token drops similar to CC gear. Supplementary, lower and upper tokens from bosses. MH, relic and OH tokens coming from the weekly mission. They could even keep in the weekly highlighted raid for not only better gear for MH, relic and OH token drops.

Or let you be able to get to any bosses without killing the others after you have done the ops once.

Also, a lot of the time/effort was not consumed by the content itself, but finding a group and all the dc/afk/quit/whatever.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Or let you be able to get to any bosses without killing the others after you have done the ops once.

That too. There are ways to adapt OPs to make it a drop in and out content if that is what is showing to get more gamers. Done a bit more quickly and you get to pick and choose what boss you want to tackle once you have cleared that OPS one time.

Also, a lot of the time/effort was not consumed by the content itself, but finding a group and all the dc/afk/quit/whatever.

True but there is nothing BW can do to stop that. Even if they tried it would be so over the top, heavy handed it would defeat the purpose of having it to start with. Gamers would just be driven away.

Your survey is the modern game industry where instant lobby, co-op,drop-in droup-out etc. dominate what people play online. The majority prefers that over hours-long people-management that is MMO raiding.

THIS, THIS, SO MUCH THIS.

I don't get why people are still ignoring this obvious point, even thinking the new players would spend so much time on old content instead to get the new ones..

True but there is nothing BW can do to stop that. Even if they tried it would be so over the top, heavy handed it would defeat the purpose of having it to start with. Gamers would just be driven away.

Improve the group finder

Reduce the ops group size.

Adjust the role structure, nerf the trinity system.

Allow companion in ops.

Many modern gamers dislike raids because of this, too much time and effort was not spent in the content, and to do the content you need to find many other people rather than do whenever you want.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Improve the group finder

Reduce the ops group size.

Adjust the role structure, nerf the trinity system.

Allow companion in ops.

Many modern gamers dislike raids because of this, too much time and effort was not spent in the content, and to do the content you need to find many other people rather than do whenever you want.

No... please... god no.... insert gif here.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of the modern gamers were they want everything handed to them on a platter, we don't need OP companions to carry them through operations, not to mention how do you intend for them to survive? They cant be controlled and theirs plenty of mechanics that actively involve all eight party numbers, or at the very least, avoiding AOE and stacking.

Only thing I can agree with is improving the group finder queue, such as seeing what others are qeueued for, IE mando raiders, and how many are actually in the queue and their role.

No... please... god no.... insert gif here.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of the modern gamers were they want everything handed to them on a platter, we don't need OP companions to carry them through operations, not to mention how do you intend for them to survive? They cant be controlled and theirs plenty of mechanics that actively involve all eight party numbers, or at the very least, avoiding AOE and stacking.

Only thing I can agree with is improving the group finder queue, such as seeing what others are qeueued for, IE mando raiders, and how many are actually in the queue and their role.

Not everything handed to them, but "do content without having to spend too much effort on non-related stuff like finding a group and endure the quit/afk/whatever". Why should I rely so much on others if I just want to do the content?

But some bosses doesn't require that, Bioware could adjust the mechanic or the companion control system.