The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Chapter: Visions in the dark - Post your thoughts

Shwarzchild

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's special about the hilt?

I just immediately put a better purple one in there overriding the existing one. The weapon still says the Equip: ... message

Someone reported the ability followed the hilt/barrel. For myself, I'm going to leave it in a pocket just in case.

my thoughts

-chapter was trash and short

-the writing and dialogue rarely made sense or aligned with what my character said. you have darth marr saying things like "arcann has people behind him and i have to face them" well thanks tips who wrote this a toddler?

-really enjoyed biowares epic storytelling that really resembles "fight 3 skytroopers er i mean 3 stalkers, click on rock or torch, fight 3 stalkers, watch cutscene"

-not lett me kill shan was annoying

-chapter ends in the middle...great job splitting one chapter into two short ones

this is criminal

Edited by Pagy

Honestly?

If the point was to learn about balance in the force, I would much rather have learned from the only character to have ever mastered both sides and balance them: Revan. But I've also had enough of using the whole "grey jedi" thing as an excuse for overpowered characters. Ever since Revan they've repeated that theme over and over and over.

Nevertheless, I still feel like Revan's story still isn't over. It ultimately was always supposed to be about Revan, despite that Bioware ruined his character with the book, flashpoints, and SOR. As one of the few people to have survived facing Vitiate - twice - I hope he returns for a true finale.

Other than that it was a great chapter for the story.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Honestly?

If the point was to learn about balance in the force, I would much rather have learned from the only character to have ever mastered both sides and balance them: Revan. But I've also had enough of using the whole "grey jedi" thing as an excuse for overpowered characters. Ever since Revan they've repeated that theme over and over and over.

Nevertheless, I still feel like Revan's story still isn't over. It ultimately was always supposed to be about Revan, despite that Bioware ruined his character with the book, flashpoints, and SOR. As one of the few people to have survived facing Vitiate - twice - I hope he returns for a true finale.

Other than that it was a great chapter for the story.

~ Eudoxia

Without getting into a multi-page treatise, SW in general and particularly the games have repeatedly used a cheap and shallow version of "power through enlightenment" in that way.

There's a lot more to understanding balance and overcoming the limits of Jedi and Sith dogmatism than raw power, and the games should reflect that.

Oh what a great chapter. It just needed more ridiculously easy mobs that waste your time by going invisible, more blue **** to click and more large areas where you're not allowed to mount up. Oh, and more drama BS between Koth and Senya...

Yeah, we seem to be in the minority on this one. I'm not looking forward to doing this treasure hunt/ trip over shade stalkers every other step again on my other characters

To be honest, I didn't really like the chapter story-wise (the gameplay was ok.)

My bounty hunter (LS) really doesn't care about that whole force-thing and still I somehow end up as a padawan :confused: and building a new (very ugly) blaster will save the day somehow? :confused: (I just put it in my inventory never to see it again, until the game will force me to use it, which it undoubtedly will)

To make things even worse, I couldn't help but feeling more like a push-over than like a hero and the hope of the galaxy. Nobody ever listens to me. I was pushed around by Valkorion, I had nothing to say about the whole trainung-stuff and worst of all not even my alliance gives a f..k about what I say... I mean seriously... I get that the devs like Kaliyo for some weird reason, but I don't. I wouldn't have recruited her in the first place, if I had a saying in it and now she just does whatever the hell she likes and there is nothing I can do about it?

KotFE always felt like it was more of the devs story than my own and that feeling defenitly got stronger in this chapter.

The chapter felt like the biggest and most important on in a while.

I didn't really like the story choices on Oddessan on my Consular that I play as light-side, but not at all attached to Jedi orthodoxy when it comes to views of the force. The leveling experience in the first three chapters of the game had space for a "non-code" Jedi experience, so to have KOTFE trying to forcefully push the character to a place that they were already at felt weird and unnatural. My Inquisitor runs around with the Revanite title displayed, so also may not fit the story choices well.

It's also a bit of a rough fit if the character isn't a force user.

For more stereotypical Light Jedi/Dark Sith characters things will probably feel a bit better. I'm looking forward to it with my sith warrior.

While I was a bit disappointed with the story line at Satele's camp, I really liked the entry area of the map. Exploring it was quite a lot of fun.

It honestly felt really pointless, atleast for a Non-Force user.

Really wish they had gone through with making all the classes Force-Sensitive.

If nothing else, it'd make the story make more sense. Really hoping they go back to this idea in Season Two.

Those "above" Jedi and Sith is pure garbage, I don't believe it at all. Arcann was able to win because of the Eternal Fleet, not his Force Power, he was nothing compare to the great Sith Lords. It's ok to say "you are not as strong as Arcann" but "his way is better than Jedi and Sith"? NO THANKS. I really feel that even my SI is a bit forced to be put the story.

Also I don't get to kill Satele for real, nor do I have the chance to flirt more other than one line.

Edited by Slowpokeking

It leaves thought for the wider implications i guess :

In the grand scheme of things it it would be counter productive to kill Satele at this point in time.

You would mostly loss the support of what allies she could give (if any at this point), the Alliance becomes weaker as a whole since you succeed in pissing off Theron for killing his mother and could lose what ever allies he would bring in (not exactly what you need when you are fighting a war)

They didn't take that out!? Because I didn't get that option. What do you need to do to get this choice?

I really think the problem is obvious when Bioware tried to insert 8 characters into 1 storyline, especially when it gets to Force-related scene. The non Force users don't care, and the four Force user classes each have entire different background story. This just didn't work out when you say"balance jedi and sith" .

They didn't take that out!? Because I didn't get that option. What do you need to do to get this choice?

I didn't do anything specific (my Jugg was a heartless bastard through the game though - 10k DS points, no idea if that affected it)

Total crap they force you to do chapter 12 when you enter the war room!!! total b.s. weres the freedom of choice maybe I don't want to do chapter 12 WHICH I DONT BIO WARE .. stop making us play the WAY YOU WANT!!!:mad:

How dare an urgent opportunity requiring your attention arise when you don't want it to!

Theron and Lana should know better, only deliver the emergencies and alerts in tiny bites to their mighty outlander, and only when said outlander wants it.

So far I've played through it with a Neutral JC, a DS SW and a LS Trooper, it's been good. The Chapter did make more sense for Force users but it worked out for my Trooper too. Not a fan of the weapon, at least not of the Assault Canon. The lightsabers were okay.