Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

All is a matter of perspective. Like in relative physics.
Except that it's not. There has been no loss. There is, at most, the lost opportunity to use the free CCs for the number of days each award was delayed. Trivial.

And I find it amusing that you chose to use "use of money" argument. I did the same thing several pages earlier in this thread ... to illustrate how that's not what's happening here.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our grants is nothing but a GOOD BOY payment aka a child's allowance..

If one thing EA is real good at is screwing the customer aka Star Wars Battlefront into buying something and they realizing you have to PAY to play a SHOOTER....that was never disclosed...EA at its best .

Len

Except that it's not. There has been no loss. There is, at most, the lost opportunity to use the free CCs for the number of days each award was delayed. Trivial.

And I find it amusing that you chose to use "use of money" argument. I did the same thing several pages earlier in this thread ... to illustrate how that's not what's happening here.

For the 3 days extra in each 33 day period, even

For the 3 days extra in each 33 day period, even
Actually, I don't see it that way. Yes, each delay is three days each month. I was deprived the use of my CCs for three days back in September, 2015. Had the system worked as intended and adhered to the 30-day cycle, I would have received my March, 2106, CCs 18 days sooner. I wasn't deprived of my March CCs for three days, but 18.

It's still trivial though.

Actually, I don't see it that way. Yes, each delay is three days each month. I was deprived the use of my CCs for three days back in September, 2015. Had the system worked as intended and adhered to the 30-day cycle, I would have received my March, 2106, CCs 18 days sooner. I wasn't deprived of my March CCs for three days, but 18.

It's still trivial though.

I agree with you.

At the same time, we cannot discount the ability of any given forum member to make a mountain out of a molehill in a gaming forum. More power to them if they can make it accurately and without hyperbole and distortion of facts.... but most cannot.

Edited by Andryah

Real money example I presented should not be considered as 1:1 comparison with CC loss. It is some kind of "detached" example to explain "shift" problem as real loss. Loss that exists till the compensation.

I don't know if my explanations are understandable as should be. English is not my primary language, so I can't be as eloquent as I would like to be.

I came back in july of last year around mid month but don't get my CC grant until the end of the month (this month on the 27th). I had been away since January 2015, but if I started my account back up mid month then shouldnt my grant come a couple days after? Every month they take my sub from my bank account on the 13-16th but my CC grant has been at the end of the month since coming back. I checked 2014 and my subs were around the same time, mid month, and my CC grant was also around the same time. This 2 week grace period on my account seems to have started around jan of 2015.

Real money example I presented should not be considered as 1:1 comparison with CC loss. It is some kind of "detached" example to explain "shift" problem as real loss. Loss that exists till the compensation.

I don't know if my explanations are understandable as should be. English is not my primary language, so I can't be as eloquent as I would like to be.

It actually makes perfect sense and falls under the category of "opportunity cost." In other words, the cost of benefits forgone either by lack of resources or by spending those resources elsewhere. At the end of the day, this whole "situation" is relatively insignificant. However, it does not change the fact that if our grants are delayed by 20+ days, then that is a three-week period of time that we were unable to have the choice to benefit from them.

Perhaps, though, we should consider discussing the opportunity cost of even playing this game at all! :D

It actually makes perfect sense and falls under the category of "opportunity cost." In other words, the cost of benefits forgone either by lack of resources or by spending those resources elsewhere. At the end of the day, this whole "situation" is relatively insignificant. However, it does not change the fact that if our grants are delayed by 20+ days, then that is a three-week period of time that we were unable to have the choice to benefit from them.

Perhaps, though, we should consider discussing the opportunity cost of even playing this game at all! :D

Doesn't that only really work in the case of a player who is saving CC between each period? Otherwise it could be argued the lost time opportunity in terms of times is only 3 days between each period. *shrug* it's all rather pointless, it's been proven no loss has been suffered so I'm somewhat surprised this topic is still going on. ;)

Credit where credit is due, I would not have known English was your secondary language based on your typing.

In terms of opportunity to use the coins, you do indeed have a "cost" associated with that. It isn't really a "breach" of any agreements between the sub and Bioware, but I can respectfully agree that it is some amount of inconvenience and "opportunity cost".

But I am also inclined to agree with other posters who would call that "trivial" when compared to never receiving the CC grant at all. If the grant doesn't occur at all, then there is a much bigger issue.

I checked my dates on here and here are the dates I got my 500 CCs:

October 13, 2015

November 15, 2015

December 18, 2015

January 20, 2016

February 22, 2016

March 26, 2016

I don't know if this is actually off or not as I'm pretty sure I've been a subscriber since October 13, 2015. I don't know. I mean 30 days doesn't always mean it'll fall on the exact same day with each month having 30 and 31 days except for February which has 28 days and 29 every 4 years so I think those should probably be taken into consideration...

Doesn't that only really work in the case of a player who is saving CC between each period? Otherwise it could be argued the lost time opportunity in terms of times is only 3 days between each period. *shrug* it's all rather pointless, it's been proven no loss has been suffered so I'm somewhat surprised this topic is still going on. ;)

*Disclaimer - this post is only for the benefit of conversation; it is not intended to reduce the triviality of the issue at hand.*

It (opportunity cost) is an interesting concept, as all variables (e.g., resource scarcity, decisions, and time) are at play in a dynamic way. So, you can argue that the time cost is only three days and you can, with equal validity, argue that the time cost is ~20 days depending on the other variables under consideration.

Consider: The grant received six months out is actually eighteen or more days later than it would otherwise have been. What could you do with eighteen days?

For those who are interested in quickly checking their ledgers to see various bits of information, consider these quick Excel tips:

1. Pull up your coin ledger on http://www.swtor.com (other posters provided this routing info early in the thread).

2. Scroll to the bottom of this (potentially) very long list, then click and drag to highlight the full ledger all the way to the most recent transaction.

3. Pull up a blank Excel workbook and paste the data.

Notice anything strange? Yep, it posts it in a single column (e.g., column A). The question now is how to quickly make heads or tails of this confusing stack of information. Never fear!

First, head over to something like column K and, on row 1, type out a brief matrix in four columns and two rows, just as I did here:

A1 A2 A3 A4

A5 A6 A7 A8

Then, auto-fill the series for something like 100 rows down the page (the exact length depends on how many rows of ledger activity your account has).

Now, go to row 1, column D. Type this formula: =INDIRECT(K1,TRUE)

Copy the formula into the next three columns (E-G), and then down the page for the same number of rows that you did for the reference matrix. You now have your ledger! How will you know if you missed any entries? Well, the returned values in columns D-G should be blank on rows that include reference cells in columns K-N, which means that the rows in column A have gone from including data to being blank.

This may sound complicated, but it only takes about a minute to perform!

Now, if you want to find out your days between transactions, create a data filter (highlight the first row, which is headings if you did this correctly, and create filter), and filter it for a specific description (Such as "Monthly Subscriber Grant"). Copy this sublist to a new sheet, go to column E (should be adjacent to your balance), choose the second-from-last transaction (default order is reverse chronological; newest-to-oldest), and, pretending that the last data row is 60, type =A59-A60. This should give you a number of days, as it will take the difference of the dates (in value form, this is a number such as 42568, so the result is a number of days). If it gives you a syntax error, you may need to go with a more complex formula that represents the same as above, such as: =(DATE(YEAR(A59),MONTH(A59),DAY(A59))-DATE(YEAR(A60),MONTH(A60),DAY(A60)). You may also need to force the format of the resulting value as a number or general.

I was interested in finding out just how many coins I've accumulated over the years, as well as how much I've used for various things. In particular, I can't believe how many coins I've spent on collections unlocks! :o Sadly, it doesn't describe these differently than other in-game purchases, but you can "get a feel" for the costs of things and classify them into groups yourself if you want.

Edited by -Wes-

*Disclaimer - this post is only for the benefit of conversation; it is not intended to reduce the triviality of the issue at hand.*

It (opportunity cost) is an interesting concept, as all variables (e.g., resource scarcity, decisions, and time) are at play in a dynamic way. So, you can argue that the time cost is only three days and you can, with equal validity, argue that the time cost is ~20 days depending on the other variables under consideration.

Consider: The grant received six months out is actually eighteen or more days later than it would otherwise have been. What could you do with eighteen days?

I see your point but let's get even more abstract to answer your last questions ( sort of )...

What if the delay at any point benefitted me because I was now able to buy an item on special or a new pack that I otherwise would have missed out on due to spending my CC at the time of receiving them ( i.e. their actual due time )? It goes both ways when you don't have a static market. ;)

So for as easily as it is to say "I missed this opportunity because my coins were late!" I can equally go "Yay I managed to get this opportunity because my coins were late!" this of course assumes that someone would spend them regardless.

Heck it might even be the case of a pure CM item that you've had your eyes on and your CC come in 18 days late and it just so happens it's 25% off at that time - had your coins come in 18 days earlier you may not have been able to afford it at all. Of course the opposite can apply too ... I guess my point is there is balance here both ways. ;)

I see your point but let's get even more abstract to answer your last questions ( sort of )...

... I guess my point is there is balance here both ways. ;)

Hah! Nice. That's really the nature of the cost: Choice. The choices we make now impact everything that comes. I suppose my only rebuttal of the "getting it later can be better" notion is that if you don't have the resources, then you don't have the choice. :)

BUT... the knowledge that it was their choice still doesn't keep people from getting ticked when that item they bought today is on sale next week for half price, does it? :eek:

Edited by -Wes-

Hah! Nice. That's really the nature of the cost: Choice. The choices we make now impact everything that comes. I suppose my only rebuttal of the "getting it later can be better" notion is that if you don't have the resources, then you don't have the choice. :)

BUT... the knowledge that it was their choice still doesn't keep people from getting ticked when that item they bought today is on sale next week for half price, does it? :eek:

True but you get those complaints regardless of if this delay were in place now "why can't you always just sell them direct!" or "Why can't it always be this price!".

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

Well My monthly grant has been severely affected. My grant has been delayed every month starting in September.

So questions about the fix. Will the fix actually completely fix the issue? Will it reset our payout dates to where they were before the "issue Creeped into the system"? Or will we be locked into what ever the most recent pay out date is?

As of right now the current system and explanation are unacceptable. Up until September of last year my coins got paid out on or around the 15th of the month with my payment being taken from my bank account on or around the 10th of the month. I was ok with that. But starting in September the cartel coin payouts have been late. They have been consistently late every month since then. My payout for February did not hit my account until March 3rd. My March payout has not happened yet. And I have contacted Customer service and been told that based on my last payout date I should expect my next payout to be on or around April 5th or 6th. A full 20 days later than they used to be paid out. This is unacceptable. To know why this is unacceptable all you have to do is calculate my April payout as being on May 9th and my June payout being on June 12. One of these will be after two different payments are drafted from my bank account without the appropriate coins being paid out.

When I contacted Customer Service I was given a link to the comment above and another from a different developer, then my ticket was closed. I have had to submit a second ticket. If the 33 day cycle continues either my April payout or my May payout will happen after my money is taken in either May or June respectively. This is not acceptable. When this occurs BioWare will have effectively not kept up their part of the agreement that exist's between player and game provider.

Personally all I want is my coins for March paid out immediately. And my payout date reset to the 15th of the month. I do not think that is to much to ask for. When and if the fix is instituted, will our payout dates be reset to what they were? Or will they be locked in to the most recent pay out date? If it is the later, this will not be acceptable to me.

And if an issue has creeped into the granting system, how come the payouts for security keys and purchased cartel coins has not been affected? If it is an issue with the granting system shouldn't all forms of granting be affected? Why is it just monthly subscription payouts?

Harkonnin

Harbinger Server

Ahhh, silly me. I thought BW was referring to choices mattering in the new story, when they were actually talking about buying **** from the cash shop. :rak_09:

Well My monthly grant has been severely affected. My grant has been delayed every month starting in September.

As of right now the current system and explanation are unacceptable.... To know why this is unacceptable all you have to do is calculate my April payout as being on May 9th and my June payout being on June 12. One of these will be after two different payments are drafted from my bank account without the appropriate coins being paid out.

And if an issue has creeped into the granting system, how come the payouts for security keys and purchased cartel coins has not been affected? If it is an issue with the granting system shouldn't all forms of granting be affected? Why is it just monthly subscription payouts?

The "current system" isn't a system, it's bugged. The explanation given is acceptable. Do you have to like the delay in getting your grant for committing to be sub for next 30 days? No, but it really isn't the end of the world. Yeah, if you calculate the when you'd be given the grants further into the future there are errors, but that's why the fix is being released before anyone misses out on grants. That's when the real issue arises. How's it possible for it to creep into just this? Well, it's safe to say they're different systems. Purchased CC is a matter of if someone pays, give them the CC. Security keys is probably if this person is subbed, and has security key linked to account, give them those CC. The 30 day grant would be something else. Point being though, very easy for the issue to only affect one of these and not the others.

So dunno if a dev like Eric Musco actually addressed this or not but - what exactly are you doing to fix this?

As far as I see there are 4 options available:

- Credit everyone a bonus month and move everyone to the same day as a sub. So all coins are paid on the same day of the month regardless if you actually subbed on a different day? In theory I would have gotten my payment on 4/4 then get another 4/5 with 5/4 being the next payment afterward.

- Shorten a month by the amount you are delayed (18 / 21/ 24 days) and get you back to where you should have been? In theory it means if I was paid on 4/4 and delayed 24 days, my next 'allowance' would be on 4/10.

- Credit everyone 48/51/54 days later with their normal monthly payout, effectively costing everyone a month? In theory if this is the case, if I got my allowance on 4/4, my next payment would be on or around 5/10 effectively shortening me a month of allowances.

- lock the 'delay' out 18/21/24 days and it our new '30 day' payout date? In theory it would mean if I got paid on 4/4, next payment would be 5/4 (or thereabouts).

Thanks,

Blak