Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure some people in this forum would still defend Bioware if they'd "accidentally" charge them 500€ (or $) for one month of sub.

Pretty sure some people would demand compensation if there was a typo in a forgotten quest you can't do anymore.

Like I said before, this is an issue (and Bioware has acknowledged that it is an issue), but not one worth the heart-attack-inducing levels of rage that some people are expressing.

One thing to keep in mind is that the calendar month is pretty much meaningless -- you don't get your CCs per month, you get them (if it's working correctly) per 30 days. That means that it was ALWAYS possible to not get "February CCs", if you got your "January CCs" on the 31st of January.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, when the system was sending them out every 30 days, it took less than a calendar year to get 12 "hits" -- 12 x 30 = 360 days, whereas there are 365.25 (roughly) days in a year.

Like I said before, this is an issue (and Bioware has acknowledged that it is an issue), but not one worth the heart-attack-inducing levels of rage that some people are expressing.

One thing to keep in mind is that the calendar month is pretty much meaningless -- you don't get your CCs per month, you get them (if it's working correctly) per 30 days. That means that it was ALWAYS possible to not get "February CCs", if you got your "January CCs" on the 31st of January.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, when the system was sending them out every 30 days, it took less than a calendar year to get 12 "hits" -- 12 x 30 = 360 days, whereas there are 365.25 (roughly) days in a year.

There you go, being reasonable and right on the forum again. And, as much as I think it'd be a nice gesture if they could reset the grant date, I wouldn't demand it - I can think of several difficulties with them doing so.

Hey folks,

I want to address up a couple of questions I am seeing in the thread.

Will we be compensated for the Cartel Coins we missed receiving?

No one should have missed receiving any coins due to this issue. When you have 30 days of subscription time, you will receive your monthly Cartel Coin grant during that 30 day window. That is still true. Due to this issue you may receive it on a later day then you did previously, but you will still receive it within your current subscription window.

I checked my ledger and I am missing XXX coins, what do I do?

Understand that this issue has only been going on since August of last year. The accumulation of 3 day delays has not occurred enough at this time to cause any issues in granting Coins. You should have received all Cartel Coin grants as intended (although perhaps a few days later than usual). If you feel you are missing any of your Cartel Coin grants please contact CS.

It was really important to us that we got this addressed before anyone was impacted, especially if that impact meant losing Cartel Coins. Again, no one will have lost any Cartel Coins, it is possible only that your grant will later into your 30-day subscription window. Thanks everyone!

-eric

It is slippage that is the issue. You get a few days later each time and eventually you are a month or two behind

It is slippage that is the issue. You get a few days later each time and eventually you are a month or two behind

Or just eighteen days behind. Six months at three days each month equals eighteen days. And that's exactly how "late" my March CC award was. I'm feeling a swell of unbridled optimism today, so, sure ... I'll assume they get it fixed before anyone's CC award is a month late, much less two.

lets see just looked at ledger

7/16

8/15

9/17

10/20

11/22

12/25

1/27

2/29

3??? Or 4/???

33ish days would put next one on 4/2

as long as it comes I'm ok. I'm not a big cartel buyer anyway but I might buy the occasional hypercrate every quarter or so :)

I know this is being looked at, just going to chime in with my information, maybe something else.

My last "Subscriber Monthly Grant" of 525 CCs was 11/22/15, the month before I received my 525 CCs on 10/23/15, and 100 CCs for a Friends Referral Subscriber Grant on 10/24/15 (which I did not receive again in November).

Following that, my next grant came on 12/25/15 as "In-Game Purchase" for 600 CCs, with no Friends Referral Grant following. Afterwards, received my "In-Game Purchase" on 1/27/16 and 2/29/16, neither of which had a Referral Grant after it. Just mentioning this, it's possible my Referral dropped their Subscription, but I still received more than the usual amount of CCs but not the 625 I was used to, and under a different name.

Can anyway else verify this as being an issue?

Hey folks,

I want to address up a couple of questions I am seeing in the thread.

Will we be compensated for the Cartel Coins we missed receiving?

No one should have missed receiving any coins due to this issue. When you have 30 days of subscription time, you will receive your monthly Cartel Coin grant during that 30 day window. That is still true. Due to this issue you may receive it on a later day then you did previously, but you will still receive it within your current subscription window.

Understand that this issue has only been going on since August of last year. The accumulation of 3 day delays has not occurred enough at this time to cause any issues in granting Coins. You should have received all Cartel Coin grants as intended (although perhaps a few days later than usual). If you feel you are missing any of your Cartel Coin grants please contact CS.

It was really important to us that we got this addressed before anyone was impacted, especially if that impact meant losing Cartel Coins. Again, no one will have lost any Cartel Coins, it is possible only that your grant will later into your 30-day subscription window. Thanks everyone!

-eric

One thing you need to look into is for some people, like myself, my monthly grant didn't show up as a monthly grant in my ledger. It shows it as an "In Game Purchase" instead. That may confuse some people who are simply looking at their ledger for the monthly grant, but because its labled wrong they aren't seeing it.

- Glad to see a fix is coming but this has been adressed in several threads for quite some time already. Not adressed until presented with hard facts. Nor transmitted to Customer service it seems.

- simply put, a 33-day monthly cycle CANNOT fit in a month. Period. If you start postponing your dinner as if days were 24h +10% (26 and a half hours), you'll soon have dinner at 8.00 am.

- 8 months is 8x3 = 24 days late, almost a full month as someone said. That's 11 bonuses a year. Actually a bit less (36 days short changed per year = over one month, spills into two)

- What of people who unsubbed? Did they/will they get those CCs? Actual question, not rhetorical.

- if not, what? should we remain subbed for 24 extra days just to catch up? By the way complimentary CCs might be viewed either as icing on the cake or as one of the reasons to sub.

- someone pointed out that being short on CCs can only have spurred CC sales that would otherwise not happened. No big deal... unless this goes on for 8 months.

- perhaps we're making a mountain out of a molehill but I'd have preferred to see the yellow response with thread one about this weeks or months ago. On the other hand we got CCs for free with Valentine's day. Ok there's nothing "free" in the marketing mix but still that was cool.

- I believe the best way to come clean is to offset those 24 days with a prorata CC grant. A flat rate would be easiest, someone suggested 300, so why not.

- I'll also add that I had a very nice customer service ticket solved yesterday for something totally unrelated.

Cheers!

Edited by BenduKundalini

I also checked my Friend Referral grants, and noticed the same 33 day pattern creep in around the Nocember to December time period, with it being consistently 33 days since December 2015, and it had a blip in the September Referral grant, where it granted 33 days after the August date, and then went back to a 30 day pattern for a couple months, shifting to the 33 day pattern with the December grant.

And it is a close one on the subscriber grant. Prior to the error creeping in, I was receiving my grant 4-5 days after my subscription was charged, which is reasonable. I just received my February grant on March 3rd, my March subscription charged on March 10, and I have not received my March grant yet. If it follows the pattern, I should receive my March grant on the 5th or 6th of April, just in time for my April sybscription to be charged on the 8th of April. So my subscriber grants have crept from 4-5 days after the subscription charges, which again, is very reasonable, to being granted nearly a month after the subscription period they are being granted for. (This led to no Cartel Coins being granted to me in the month of February excpet Security key and Friend Referral, because of the timing of my grants and the fact that February had 29 days this year, which may be why people felt like they got cheated, my grants flanking February were on 1/30/16 and 3/3/16, 33 days apart).

So, may want to take a look at the script for Friend Referral grants, as that seems to have caught the same error as the Subscriber grant.

And, it would be nice if the subscriber grants could be re-timed to occur 4-5 days after the subscription is charged for April as a hard reset, with the fixed frequency of 30 days applied after that, because it's awful to basically have to wait a month for your subscriber grant for that month (with my March subscription, that grant will be 26 days after the subscription fee was charged, if it arrives when projected on Tuesday, with the patch and everything...).

- 8 months is 8x3 = 24 days late, almost a full month as someone said. That's 11 bonuses a year. Actually a bit less (36 days short changed per year = over one month, spills into two)

- What of people who unsubbed? Did they/will they get those CCs? Actual question, not rhetorical.

- if not, what? should we remain subbed for 24 extra days just to catch up? By the way complimentary CCs might be viewed either as icing on the cake or as one of the reasons to sub.

For a 24 day delay, it's mathematically impossible not to get the CC grant within sub time.

You get them on the 24st day of your 30 day sub.

Edited by killershrike

For a 24 day delay, it's mathematically impossible not to get the CC grant within sub time.

You get them on the 24st day of your 30 day sub.

1) What you mean is within sub month. 24 days late. Or 21 if you count a 72-hour grace period.

2) It is perfectly possible. I used to get my CCs around day 15 of the month. Add 24 to that and you're into the next month, 3rd week of it.

2) It is perfectly possible. I used to get my CCs around day 15 of the month. Add 24 to that and you're into the next month, 3rd week of it.

Neither subscription times, nor CC grants have ever been based on calendar months - it's always been a matter of 30-day chunks. Whenever anyone talks about a "month's" subscription, it just means the 30 days that a payment covered.

You used to get a CC grant on the first day of each of those 30-day Windows. In a worst case scenario where this 33-day issue hits you in both Aug and April, you might end up getting your CCs on the 27th day of a cycle instead of the first day, but no one should have their grant skipping a full cycle.

How those cycles map onto the calendar months doesn't really matter, your subscription has always just been paying for "30 days, starting now" - calling those cycles "months" has always been an approximation / colloquialism.

Hey folks,

-eric

Hi Eric,

thx for your explanation,

but I think this is not correct, because it depends on the day of month you started your subscription.

As you can see in the picture at the following link it already moved to the next month for me.

http://s14.postimg.org/a5hchej01/20160331_SWTOR_Cartel_Coins.png

I got the february coins in march and for march I got nothing so far and i assume I will get them on third of april ...

To be honest I did not even recognized this till I saw the thread dulfy.

Just to clear this up ^^

Regards Synadra

Funny how people become greedy when they get free stuff. I am not to bothered with the CC being a few days late. I don't buy anything on CM anyway. Used it for Character Slot unlocks (got all 40 now) and Legacy Unlocks ... they won't get much more CC purchases from me. Maybe Collections unlocks (shiny CM companions and Rancors!).

I haven't gotten any funds since Jan except for security key and inner game rewards.

That include the monthly subscription award for Feb and March plus the 1050 cc given at Valentine day.:mad:

attaching my account CC ledger:

http://s10.postimg.org/nyqmqn7ft/Capture.jpg

As noted - the grant is not for any particular calendar month, it's for "subscription months," which are 30-day periods beginning (roughly) on the date your subscription payments started. With the 33-day issue, it's possible to have missed a calendar month (but you will have still gotten it later - you won't have missed an entire 30-day period); and even with the regular 30-day grant, depending on timing you could miss february.

There has not (yet) been a 30-day period starting on the start-date of your sub where a CC grant has not occurred within that 30 days. (It's close, if you got delayed 3 days every time since August, but not quite).

Side note - the timing of the Security Key grant is linked to when you activated your Key last, and my ledger shows that ticking at 30 days.

Someone said "you will not lose any reward in whole year". I can prove this is not true.

I checked whole year from April 2015 to end of March 2016 (this is a whole year cycle).

As you can see there was NO reward in January (NOTHING). After contact with CS they forced it on February but...

I didn't get a second one (the real February one) on Febuary. So I've lost 600 CC for real:

03/05/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

02/01/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

12/30/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

11/27/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

10/25/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

09/22/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

08/21/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

07/22/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

06/21/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

05/22/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

04/21/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

As noted earlier, it has never been and probably will never be by the calendar month.

With the added 2 or 3 days of delay from the 30 day nominal rollover, it's possible to "miss" any one calendar month during the year -- that doesn't mean that you lost a CC "shipment".

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Read through all of these posts. Blocks of text incoming. Key points:

1. Grants are given at the start of each new 30 days of being sub, not at the end.
  2. This issue has not been around long enough for people to have missed a reward
  3. Monthly grant doesn't mean calendar month, just 30 day interval
  4. The way patches work, they've known about this issue since before the thread started

Block of text telling people what's happening in a story like fashion.

Now to explain. Under ideal conditions. For the first point, what this means is you pay for your sub plan, you get your grant on that day, then you continue through your sub plan. 30 days later, if you resub or your sub plan is for more than 30 days at a time, you get your next grant. This goes on until you end your sub. We are no longer under ideal conditions. Assuming your grant is now being delayed, here's what happens now. You pay for your sub plan, you get the grant on that day. 30 days pass by, you either resub or your plan is longer than 30 days, and now you're affected by delay issue. Up to 3 days later, you get your grant. This is still within the 30 day "month", but rather than getting your grant at the new 30 day chunk it's slightly late. Another 30 days pass by ( from previos 30 days passed so now we're at 90 days) you decide to resub, or maybe your plan is for longer. Original amount of delay goes by, still no grant, up to 3 more days, finally you get your grant. This continues on, worst case scenario, based on start of this issue, people are behind like 24 days, but still getting their grant within each new 30 day interval. Some people complain about not getting anything during a month, but that's because they see monthly grant as meaning I'll get my CC In January, February, March...etc. not I'll get it every 30 days. Once you add the increased delay you end up with people not getting a grant in a calendar month, even though they get it within each new 30 day interval.

Patch so soon thoughts.

Another concern with people has been Eric telling people there is already a fix coming out, even though the thread is pretty recent. Based on the title of the thread, is it so hard to believe that when they found the issue, instead of being like "Breaking News! There's a delay in when people get their CC grant that we now need to fix." instead of waiting until they have a fix, then addressing it after they release the patch notes. It's not like people would just read over the patch notes, and be like, oh, there was an issue with grants, I'll just read past that and be on my merry way. They also would want to mention it in the patch notes of whatever patch fixes the issue, as they'd have no proof of them fixing it if they hadn't.

All is a matter of perspective. Like in relative physics. From one point of view (specific set of days each month) there is a loss and from the other ones there is not. It depends when you count. The real loss exists and cannot be ignored. The "shift" (as we called it) has value (on every 24 or more days for every month you will remain without reward).

Imagine you lend someone big amount of money for a month and he will return them to you 25 days later (without any additional % and simple "sorry"). Imagine he used this 25 extra days to invest your money on some safe investment. Who will profit and who will feel cheated ?

All is a matter of perspective. Like in relative physics. From one point of view (specific set of days each month) there is a loss and from the other ones there is not. It depends when you count. The real loss exists and cannot be ignored. The "shift" (as we called it) has value (on every 24 or more days for every month you will remain without reward).

Imagine you lend someone big amount of money for a month and he will return them to you 25 days later (without any additional % and simple "sorry"). Imagine he used this 25 extra days to invest your money on some safe investment. Who will profit and who will feel cheated ?

Cartel Coins don't accumulate interest, and the "free" sub grants don't even get money for BW (except very indirectly). Even in the mathematically worst possible case (sub grant was delayed 3 days every award from August to April - which I have reason to believe is not the actual case), that sub would still be receiving their grant 27 days after their subscription date.

It's a bit of a PR hit, but nobody has yet missed out on a grant, and at most the current delay means they are short 1 grant from what their balance "ought to" have been.

There's no "point of view" issue here.

"Every 30 days" is not the same as "every calendar month".

Being late 3 days every time adds up, so that they're 6 days late, then 9, then 12, and so on -- but this is not "I missed my January payment", as there was never a "January payment" to begin with.

Subscribers have a legitimate complaint here. However, it does a legitimate complaint no favors to wrap it up in counterfactuals.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Someone said "you will not lose any reward in whole year". I can prove this is not true.

I checked whole year from April 2015 to end of March 2016 (this is a whole year cycle).

As you can see there was NO reward in January (NOTHING). After contact with CS they forced it on February but...

I didn't get a second one (the real February one) on Febuary. So I've lost 600 CC for real:

03/05/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

02/01/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

12/30/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

11/27/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

10/25/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

09/22/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

08/21/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

07/22/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

06/21/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

05/22/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

04/21/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

Actually, your post is indicative that what they said is true. Around Aug / Sept of last year a 2-3 day lag developed. Since your original sub date was late in the month, after only a few periods you got "bumped" off one calendar month. But you haven't "lost" your coins; based on the trend you should receive a set around 4/5-4/8.

So you won't get double in the month following the missed month, but rather an extra one outside the 12 calendar months. I am guessing your subscription has what, ~20 days left? Meaning they have <20 days to remain in the right on your 12 CC grants as a subscriber.

Edited by azudelphi