Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

> Since August of last year

> Getting fixed in next patch following a call out thread

:rak_02:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote about this issue 24 days ago, in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=874526

Only one person responded (when I pointed "3 days shift procedure").

I thought no one cared, cos many people love this game almost unconditionally, but there should be also respect from EA/BW for us - their clients (who pays for this game ? Santa Claus ?)

I'm glad that this subject didn't just vanished like the fog.

I hope our long lost CC will be also found... If not, I won't believe that: "it was just another bug we were not aware"...

Expect to lose every "RNG" roll for the next year for bringing it up ;)

> Since August of last year

> Getting fixed in next patch following a call out thread

:rak_02:

Bioware probably have known about it for a few months, and have been working on it...

...but given the way some people treat every mistake or issue as if it were an deliberate attempt to defraud the entire customer base AND a personal affront against them, their family, their friends, and their culture, I don't really blame them for not saying anything until someone publicly mentioned it.

The accumulation of 3 day delays has not occurred enough at this time to cause any issues in granting Coins. You should have received all Cartel Coin grants as intended (although perhaps a few days later than usual).

Again, no one will have lost any Cartel Coins, it is possible only that your grant will later into your 30-day subscription window. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Checked my ledger and emails, and the above bolded statements are false: seems you are forgetting that February had only 29 days this year. The 3-day delay has most certainly been long enough, because of this, to push my January grant into February, or my February grant into March. In either event, there should be 8 grants from August until March, and both my emails and ledger show only 7.

get off your high horse . you only pay what 14 bucks for a game .....really you pay more for thing in day to day life . sooo yeah they are late but if 500 cc is the end of the gaming or the world to you .......(psst there always a world out side of the game ) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D go live oit and stop crying

I am not sure you either read what I wrote, or that you quoted the right person...

I've been saying that errors happen, and that a simple system error shouldn't be a reason for anyone to consider and press a legal lawsuit. So: What was it? Missquoted? Not read the text you quoted? Or was it a simple attempt a trolling? Care to admit to anything before we make up our minds for the later?

Checked my ledger and emails, and the above bolded statements are false: seems you are forgetting that February had only 29 days this year. The 3-day delay has most certainly been long enough, because of this, to push my January grant into February, or my February grant into March. In either event, there should be 8 grants from August until March, and both my emails and ledger show only 7.

Neither subscription times, nor CC grants have ever been based on calendar months - it's always been a matter of 30-day chunks. Whenever anyone talks about a "month's" subscription, it just means the 30 days that a payment covered.

You used to get a CC grant on the first day of each of those 30-day Windows. In a worst case scenario where this 33-day issue hits you in both Aug and April, you might end up getting your CCs on the 27th day of a cycle instead of the first day, but no one should have their grant skipping a full cycle.

How those cycles map onto the calendar months doesn't really matter, even with everything working correctly it was always possible to completely "miss" Feb.

Neither subscription times, nor CC grants have ever been based on calendar months - it's always been a matter of 30-day chunks. Whenever anyone talks about a "month's" subscription, it just means the 30 days that a payment covered.

You used to get a CC grant on the first day of each of those 30-day Windows. In a worst case scenario where this 33-day issue hits you in both Aug and April, you might end up getting your CCs on the 27th day of a cycle instead of the first day, but no one should have their grant skipping a full cycle.

How those cycles map onto the calendar months doesn't really matter, even with everything working correctly it was always possible to completely "miss" Feb.

Yeap -- January 31st to to March 1st even on a leap year.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

Pathetic. Of course you didn't even consider telling anyone about this issue even though it has been going on since LAST AUGUST. I guess we are lucky that someone noticed and made a post about it and now you're all of a sudden pulling a fix out of your sleeve. Otherwise you wouldn't have done ****.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Agreed -- only this approach only exists in your mind, and it's not the first time in this thread.

I only brought up class actions because their raison d'être helps explain why seemingly small issues affecting large amounts of customers can actually be not so small, not because I intend to sue. I don't see how my post can be construed as a threat that way.

I actually just brought it up as an example for the correct way of asking for a fix, and it wouldn't be the first time in this forum that - for any kind of issue - people make an overreaction based on the idea of a lawsuit. That's why I didn't particularly associate the idea of it happening with anyone, but simply used it as a "worst case" scenario for the negative example.

you have no idea why anyone but yourself subscribes.

I can extrapolate that nobody is subscribing for the free CC as the sole reason to subscribe because buying said CC would be less expensive by just purchasing the CC in question. Buying 1k CC with real life money would amount to somewhere around 8€, give or take a few cents for your currency rate. If someone was only subscribing to get the CC, he or she would be literally making a very stupid mistake.

Re-read: Just the CC. Not the CC as an arbitrary addition, or as a sweetener, but as the sole reason some subscribes to the game for a whole month/doesn't lapse for a month. He could have double the amount of CC for the same price. That means just subscribing for the 600CC will not be the reason most people subscribe to.

This "You can't know why X subscribes!" is getting pointless. I cannot know exactly why someone subscribes, but I can extrapolate that a person is not likely to subscribe mainly for the CC, seeing that the CC would be cheaper by itself. That means the unlocks/bonuses still apply into the decision of subscribing.

Am I not allowed to complain if they dont feed me for the last couple of days of an all inclusive cruise because after all, you just pay for the boat ride? that food may be a bonus to you, but it is part of the package to me.

The premise of the argument is invalid. You paid for an all inclusive ride. Food is a necessary factor to consider and to apply into an all inclusive price. It is, by definition, an essential part of the cruise to pay for. Your analogy would have been more fitting if you said: "I can't complain because there were too few donuts on the buffet?!" That's a specific part of the buffet, and I would admit that you can mention it to the staff as soon as you notice.

If you buy an all inclusive cruise, I'd think your whole intention is to have food served to you. That's not what you're buying here though. You are just buying unlimited access to all parts of the boat. However you spend your time on the boat? That's up to you.

Denying you food is impacting your cruise heavily, when at the same time, telling you that your food will be five minutes late due to a kitchen failure is not something to lose your cool about.

You can complain about it, but keep cool about it. That's what I am saying.

I hope our long lost CC will be also found...

It's unlikely that this issue is reponsible for anyone losing CC completely, seeing that the issue isn't around for ten months yet. There wasn't enough of a timeframe to make a total 30 day delay, thus rendering a whole payment undone.

Pathetic. Of course you didn't even consider telling anyone about this issue even though it has been going on since LAST AUGUST. I guess we are lucky that someone noticed and made a post about it and now you're all of a sudden pulling a fix out of your sleeve. Otherwise you wouldn't have done ****.

If they're fixing it in the next patch, they had to have been working on it since before this thread was posted.

Given the sort of comments some people have posted in this thread... I don't blame them for trying to fix it in the background before it became a public issue and before anyone actually lost anything (and no, as of this point, no one has lost anything, the delays have not added up enough yet)...

And really, let's say you make a mistake at work, for example... do you try to fix it or have a fix in place... or do you immediately stand up and say "OMG EVERYONE I JUST MADE A HUGE MISTAKE, YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW RIGHT NOW!"

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Not sure if this has been mentioned in a previous post but if it has my bad..

Why didn't you (BW) just implement that 72hr processing time 3 days before every end of month? Seems like a more logical route..

maybe for the next 7 months grant them at 27 days to people who have been subscribed since august? it was nice to get my coins roughly the day my sub renews, which happens to fall around the day the new chapters have been released.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in a previous post but if it has my bad..

Why didn't you (BW) just implement that 72hr processing time 3 days before every end of month? Seems like a more logical route..

I think every account has a different date, based on when they started or renewed their subscription.

Hey folks,

I want to address up a couple of questions I am seeing in the thread.

Will we be compensated for the Cartel Coins we missed receiving?

No one should have missed receiving any coins due to this issue. When you have 30 days of subscription time, you will receive your monthly Cartel Coin grant during that 30 day window. That is still true. Due to this issue you may receive it on a later day then you did previously, but you will still receive it within your current subscription window.

I checked my ledger and I am missing XXX coins, what do I do?

Understand that this issue has only been going on since August of last year. The accumulation of 3 day delays has not occurred enough at this time to cause any issues in granting Coins. You should have received all Cartel Coin grants as intended (although perhaps a few days later than usual). If you feel you are missing any of your Cartel Coin grants please contact CS.

It was really important to us that we got this addressed before anyone was impacted, especially if that impact meant losing Cartel Coins. Again, no one will have lost any Cartel Coins, it is possible only that your grant will later into your 30-day subscription window. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Oh, it's so nice to see I wasn't crazy and that you guys were screwing up my cartel coins late. But NOOOO, it's perfectly normal. I mean it was so nice to not get any coins in September because of this screw up. Also, am I going to have to wait 20 days now every month to get my monthly coins?

Subscription Day - days to received - Day CC were given

08/29/15--------------------0-------------------08/29/15

09/28/15----------------------3-----------------10/01/15

10/28/15--------------------6-------------------11/03/15

11/28/15--------------------8-------------------12/06/15

12/27/15---------------------12----------------01/08/16

01/26/16--------------------15-----------------02/10/16

02/25/16--------------------18-----------------03/14/16

03/26/16--------------- N/A---------------------N/A

So anyone else thinking I'm screwed?

Edited by RougeSentinel
Forgot a month

Yes, I realize it's possible; however, considering the dates my sub runs, it has never missed a Feb dated grant. The same window from Aug 2013 - Mar 2014, had 8 grants. Same for 2014-15. This year, the count from Aug - Mar is only 7...what else is supposed to be inferred by that, then one has been missed?

Oh... and they erased our "Show your payment history" so we cant see how much CC they owe us already... Im a sub since 2012 but now I can see just my last 15 payments from 2015 to present day. Can you see your older payments?

No, you can still see your payment history. To see the actually money you've spent go to your subscription link it will show your subscription payment and all cartel coins you buy. You than have to go to your cartel coins link to see when you've spent cc or received cc. Sorry if someone's already told you this. :)

Yes, I realize it's possible; however, considering the dates my sub runs, it has never missed a Feb dated grant. The same window from Aug 2013 - Mar 2014, had 8 grants. Same for 2014-15. This year, the count from Aug - Mar is only 7...what else is supposed to be inferred by that, then one has been missed?

Before this error cropped up, a 30-day subscription would get you 30 days of Subscriber status, and a CC grant on the 1st day of that 30-Day period.

After it is fixed (assuming they don't reset the issuance date to where it should be), a 30-day subscription will get you 30 days of Subscriber status, and a CC grant on the 27th day of that 30-Day period.

Over the course of the past 8/9 months, the issuance date moved further and further back within the 30-Day period each subscription payment provided. In your case, that widening gap had the effect of shifting which calendar months the grants occurred in. But based on how the error seems to work, the gap should not have extended beyond the 30-day period provided in each subscription payment, so you shouldn't have had any of your payments skipped, they're just at the end of your paid-for period now, instead of the beginning - and consequently none landed in February.

Edited by DarthDymond

As suggested by some, I checked my grant log. Went back to the month before August, just because.

• 07/04/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 08/03/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 09/05/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 10/08/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 11/10/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 12/13/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 01/15/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins
  • 02/17/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins
  • 03/21/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins

So yeah, 2-5 days 'late' in the timeframe indicated, but... 275 CC more than the advertised 500/mo from August to March.

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned the grant didn't even exist until RotHC (I wouldn't know I'm a recent sub). Even then it's advertised as 500 CC/mo. All the way back to October '14, I've been getting 525-550.

Guy runs an online shop you frequently buy from. You get your regular purchase of a case of wine and a carton of smokes. Because this guy values his customers, he offers to send out a free six-pack of fine craft beer from a local brewery. Because he's so nice, though, he's actually hooking you up with eight beers instead of six. Your smokes and wine are never late, but the brewery's had some distribution issues for a few months, delaying delivery of the free beer.

You're getting what was in the contract you signed - that case of wine and carton of smokes (or, say, a month's subscription to this game with all the perks). Then you're gonna cry about it because your free gift - which actually includes more than was offered to you in the first place - runs a little late each month?

This thread is why devs only bother to post here once in a blue moon.

I've been wanting to go for a bath for about 2 hours now, but you guys are making this thread far too exciting. Can we all agree follow the American media's fascination with naming these "conspiracies" and call it the "Cartel-gate"?

As suggested by some, I checked my grant log. Went back to the month before August, just because.

• 07/04/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 08/03/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 09/05/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 10/08/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 11/10/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 12/13/2015 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 525 Cartel Coins
  • 01/15/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins
  • 02/17/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins
  • 03/21/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins

So yeah, 2-5 days 'late' in the timeframe indicated, but... 275 CC more than the advertised 500/mo from August to March.

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned the grant didn't even exist until RotHC (I wouldn't know I'm a recent sub). Even then it's advertised as 500 CC/mo. All the way back to October '14, I've been getting 525-550.

Guy runs an online shop you frequently buy from. You get your regular purchase of a case of wine and a carton of smokes. Because this guy values his customers, he offers to send out a free six-pack of fine craft beer from a local brewery. Because he's so nice, though, he's actually hooking you up with eight beers instead of six. Your smokes and wine are never late, but the brewery's had some distribution issues for a few months, delaying delivery of the free beer.

You're getting what was in the contract you signed - that case of wine and carton of smokes (or, say, a month's subscription to this game with all the perks). Then you're gonna cry about it because your free gift - which actually includes more than was offered to you in the first place - runs a little late each month?

The amount you get is based on your subscription status I believe. 500 for month-to-month, 525 for 3 month, and 550 for the 6 month plan.

[...]

No. You aren't getting more CCs because EA is really nice or whatever. You are getting extra CCs because you are buying 60 or 90-day subscriptions instead of 30 -- it's a marketing gimmick, and one that is advertised, too. Don't assume that just because you don't know what you're supposed to get when you spend money, the rest of us don't either.

https://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-free-to-play-faqs/

No. You aren't getting more CCs because EA is really nice or whatever. You are getting extra CCs because you are buying 60 or 90-day subscriptions instead of 30 -- it's a marketing gimmick, and one that is advertised, too. Don't assume that just because you don't know what you're supposed to get when you spend money, the rest of us don't either.

https://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-free-to-play-faqs/

Even the 500 for the baseline is more than originally offered. So I get sprinkles and chocolate syrup with my free ice cream - the ice cream itself is still a free treat.

Even the 500 for the baseline is more than originally offered. So I get sprinkles and chocolate syrup with my free ice cream - the ice cream itself is still a free treat.

Of course it's more because SWTOR launched as a Pay to Play model - when they transitioned to F2P and added the cash shop, they added 500cc per month for subscribers to increase the value of a subscription. The coins aren't "free" or a "gift", they're a part of your base subscription.