New Game content Players would like to see

saungirm

this thread is all about the new game content that players would like to see. it is meant to be a constructive method of communicating our desires for the future of Star Wars The Old Republic

Feel free to post other threads into this thread or post this thread into others

Edited by saungirm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to see more done with GSF maybe setup GvG battles with guild ships that involve a gsf battle to take a landing point on an enemy guild ship to push the battle into a pvp with objectives to capture or destroy.

Are we talking about just one thing in particular or anything that comes to mind?

Cause with the later in no particular order I could name off a ton of things.

1) New classes. (If no new classes are possible due to some sort of limitation, perhaps a 3rd advanced class per spec at least)

2) Story expansion of old classes rather than 1 shared story by all.

3) New Fps, (would even temporarily settle for some other FPs to be made into Hard Mode, like Colicoid War Games, Kuat Drive yards, bring back BT or Esseless as HM FPs)

(side note : NM FPs which drop 220 gear would be interesting too. Would need a lvl 65 req only, with 216 gear to que)

4) New OPs

5) New PvP zones.

6) Reason for world pvp,

7) Actually balanced PvP

8) Updated Space Missions, this hasn't been touched in ages, and has pretty much 0 reason to even be touched.

9) I don't do GSF, but I'm sure there could be improvements here too, someone else can chime in on this.

10) Fix the damn bugs. There are so many of them, and even more come every damn patch. Ranging from quest bugs, to other misc crap. Pretty much unacceptable at this point, but we still deal with it.

11) Fix the codex system, I mean honestly how hard can this be? There are so many broken ones it's not even funny. Titles, not counting. Or the system telling you there are more codex things per world to get, when there aren't any, etc.

12) Expand on the Legacy system, it's honestly pretty lackster, and having been maxed out for a while now, it feels really underwhelming. It was great at first, but really past like lvl 30 it was pretty much useless save for Treek, and even that wasn't really all that since I got her via cartel market. Thus the last 20 levels were all useless.

13 ) 4 & 1/2 years and we've only had 2 new races added, Cathar & Togruta, ya they really need to work on that. I have no problem paying for them via cartel market, bought each soon as I could, but come on, 2 in a little over 4 years is just sad.

14) More customization for hair, tattoos, etc for other races other than humans. Would love to see some new face options, complexions etc. Will gladly use the customization feature even if I end up blowing a few CC on my already progressed toons.

15) Bring back world vendors. Those were so much better than the crap augment vendors we have now.

16) My personal opinion, let companions that are out with you, gain 1 influence per normal kill, 5 for strong & elite, and 10 for champion & boss kills. Cause really the gift grind is asinine to say the least.

17) Wouldn't mind seeing mini games of some sort. Say a sabak (sp?) game between you and other people. Don't care if it's gambling, I know bioware had a gambling event before so who cares, let's do it again, but more fun this time. Plus these events could be a good credit sink, if done right.

I could keep going actually, but umm ya random crap off the top of my head.

I'd like to see either new planets, or expansions of existing planets. I'd add in Kamino, Csilla, The Moon of Endor and Dathomir, then expand existing planets. I think the planets that could be expanded (Tatooine, Ord Mantell, Rishi, etc.) should be used to continue class stories, instead of having one expansion story for every class, make an addition each class story, so players would go to new planets, or revisit new areas of older planets because the ratio of swtor Hoth, to the actual Hoth is what? 1:500000?

Setta: This thread is about all that you feel could make the game more enjoyable and make it better for all.

Fyurii: You can link this thread into the suggestions section but this thread is for discussion of what the people feel would make the game better.

i agree that more planets would be an awesome addition to the game along with a higher level cap.

set it so that crafters make some top notch armor so that players don't get forced to compete for that stuff in ops or price gouged on the GTN

Fyurii: You can link this thread into the suggestions section but this thread is for discussion of what the people feel would make the game better.

Which is absolutely, nothing to do with what this section is intended for.

You didn't create this thread for discussing things Star Wars related outside of this game itself, therefore is in entirely the wrong section.

Either General Discussion or ideally the Suggestion Box are better suited to the subject matter.

I was thinking of one thing, most people want new class stories or new classes, but making a new class, from scratch, going from 1 to 65 is a lot off work, so i was thinking make a special class, starting at level 55 and give them there own story on a new planet.

kind of like what wow did with hero classes.

it would be nice to have a redeemed sith, or a fallen jedi class like that.

New content/development I would like to see (an empty, oft-repeated exercise on the forums, but what the heck).

The answer to each of these is "it ain't happening" but I apparently like spending my time making lists, so:

1. Conversion to DirectX12 (shading/drawing is far more efficient in DX12 than in any previous version).

2. Higher-res textures for overland geometry like in Skyrim

3. SS Romances retroactive to the core companions and repeatable romance options rather than just in story.

4. Opt-in like Everquest2 for combat sound rather than forced play.

5. Real kilts!

6. Flying player mounts (EQ2 has em!)

7. All crafting abilities can be learned by a single player (like EQ1).

8. A new alignment choice containing smuggler and bounty hunter and 2 new, additional classes not imp or pub.

9. At least 4 new races (including Jawa, gotta be a Darth Jawa lightning sorc).

10. Multi-classing (would make no sense to have a Darth lightning sorc Jawa if he wasn't also a smuggler).

11. Sheer fabric. I see revealing clothes, but I don't recall seeing anything sheer (semi-see-through).

12. An unending new storyline where you can trade from planet to planet to planet, regardless of alignment (see #8)

13. I don't think those huge mounts blocking my view of my crafting trainer on fleet are big enough. Sandcrawlers!

14. Scorpio-like ship droids. I'm tired of British butlers for ship droids and their mild sarcasm.

15. Make the shuttle bay of the Gravestone the place to put our original ship, and we use the Gravestone.

16. Issue every player a can of Koth-Be-Gone (despite that there's an alternative method).

Edited by xordevoreaux

#1 -- FIX BUGS!

#2 -- More class-specific content!

#3 -- Our characters should talk. No more subtitle text interface, please!

Bring back Cartel Certificates!

Bring back the ability to get reputation with all factions!

I love the idea of getting a little bit of companion influence increase for mob kills, at least for elites and champions. There are too many companions now to rely on gifts alone.

Strongholds

* Put a walkway between the Solarium and the landing pad at Nar Shaddaa sky palace.

* Fix the hook sizes on several pieces that were obviously meant to require medium hooks but need large.

* Add more interactive objects, especially vendors.

* Restore missing items such as Temple Chair (Basic).

* Add the ability to copy reputation-unlocked items to guild strongholds.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 3 weeks later...

they need to allow the evolution of force powers like force choke and letting it progress into force crush.

a greater variety of guild ships so that smaller guilds can get onto a guild ship as well

and i know this one has been done in other threads as well but more control over the character outfits. ways to toggle on/off hoods, capes, and other pieces of cloth that just hang around

I would like to see more freedom when it comes to your skills and abilities. More like how Knights of the old republic originally was. Players want decisions that they can make on their own. Not guided along like mindless zombies.

How I would do it:

You could create your character.

Example: Sith Trandoshan(I wish we had trandoshan as a race:/)

You then as a Sith have access to all Force sensitive abilities and any type of light saber or form of your choosing as you progress through the game. You decide how your Sith(or Jedi) develops. Sure you could use a lightside power, but you would suffer a penalty to your force if you were not aligned with the lightside via lightside points(from convos and actions). Or you would have a bonus to using Darkside abilities if you are aligned with the Darkside. Each class suffers no penalty from nuetral force powers such as force push/leap/saber throw etc. A voltaic slash would look cool with 2 lightsabers would it not? :D

Same for the non force sensitive classes, why can't a commando use a blaster rifle instead of this overwhelming goofy looking cannon. Or why is an operative/smuggler the only person in the universe that can activate a stealth field generator? I am pretty sure anyone that can hold a blaster can throw a thermal detonator. Why can't these options be up to the player? This would create much more freedom when developing our characters and a much more unique experience when facing against other players. You may see a guy standing like a jug throwing thundering blasts and then goes stealth. Or an invisible bounty hunter.

**IMPORTANT** ALSO PVP THAT MATTERS. The Galaxy is at constant war with itself between the many factions seeking to claim a piece of it. Playing Huttball for the entertainment of a Hutt is not contributing anything to the Galaxy. No Jedi, Sith, Republic or Imperial officer would participate in this ever. Huttball is fun, but it ruins the lore. Plus Queuing up to join the Galactic war once every hour is lame too.

I suggest just placing several Republic and Imperial bases on all of the planets and provide bonuses to the faction that holds certain planets. To capture one of these outposts or main bases, the opposing force would simply raid the base, kill npc's and any players attempting to defend it and hold it until reinforcements arrive, in turn changing the base to the ownership of the capturing faction.

This would also provide the players with some meaningful PvP and give the feel that you are actually playing a part in this war and those to come. This would also enable you to implement other playable factions and gangs that may be fighting for real estate on Outer Rim planets or amongst the Core worlds.

Also, I would also implement player bounties. You kill someone = Bounty on your head.

Tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading,

The Karr Legacy

Edited by CarithK

A lot of good ideas in this post, but these two match things I wanted to say, so I'll just comment on them.

1) New classes. (If no new classes are possible due to some sort of limitation, perhaps a 3rd advanced class per spec at least)

I was thinking long the lines of Imperial trooper, and Republic agent. Just like their other faction counterparts, but using storylines from their own faction.

Also, seeing the trailer for Rogue Squadron makes me want to play a non force using martial artist. You know the guy, the one facing off overwhelming odds with a sword? Ya. that guy. Years ago on my Playstation 1, I played a Star Wars themed "Mortal Combat" type of game, "Masters of Teras Kasi" (did I just spell that right?) so it would certainly fit in.

And, those vibro/electro weapons we use to give to our companions before companion stats didn't matter, and now sell to the nearest vendor, would once again be of use.

we could have new starter planets we have only heard about before. Onderon and Dantoinne.

13 ) 4 & 1/2 years and we've only had 2 new races added, Cathar & Togruta, ya they really need to work on that. I have no problem paying for them via cartel market, bought each soon as I could, but come on, 2 in a little over 4 years is just sad.

Nautulan or Shistavaren? I could dig these. I'd keep the "wolfman" shistavarens away from the Cathar though.

Edited by LordRapheus
forgot part of an explaination

I was thinking long the lines of Imperial trooper, and Republic agent. Just like their other faction counterparts, but using storylines from their own faction.

But Trooper and Imperial Agent already have counterparts (more commonly called "mirror" classes), Bounty Hunter and Smuggler, respectively.

But Trooper and Imperial Agent already have counterparts (more commonly called "mirror" classes), Bounty Hunter and Smuggler, respectively.

Technically, yes. If all you consider is the weapons and the armor. I'm talking the story, not on the shady side of the law, as their true counterparts are.

got the 1 neg response to the Imp trooper/Rep SIS agent, which is the half of my suggestion I didn't really put much thought into, but what do you all think of the idea I had above about the non force using martial artist, using vibro/electro bladed weapons, and starting on brand new starter planets? That's the one I care about.

Option to have additional story with the various races would be a good one. Fixing codex entries, titles, that sort of thing. More planets definitely among them being Cathar, Mirulaka homeworld, Ryloth, Zabrak homeworld, Mirial and new races such as Falleen would be nice, plus more Imperial/Sith vs Republic/Jedi content no more of this working together stuff I mean the whole alliance thing's done to death.

Option for sith characters to become the Emperor or Empress of the Sith Empire, not some forced insert made by that idiot Valkorion, recruiting a new Dark Council and so on. For the Jedi a new Jedi Council, and the option to impeach Chancellor Saresh.

Also turning Ashara to the darkside, getting Theron to defect, taking Vaylin as a new sith apprentice. Upping the level cap from where it is now to a higher level like 80, offering more story quests and offering voice acting for the new stuff such as when you recruit Blizz into your alliance. Also krayt dragons SHOULD be added I mean who wouldn't want the chance to loot one for krayt dragon scales and pearls?

Edited by Nika_Alexandrov
adding more

How about era servers? Different times in the SW saga in each. Servers for the time of Darth Bane, Fredon Nadd, the Quel Droma brothers, and a bit closer to home, the events of KotOR 1&2 redone into SWtOR game mechanics. Maybe, but not to sure about, one set about 100 years before the episode movies. Could be done if handled right, but it would spawn a lot of family tree wanna be's.

For a storyline for the sith empire, I recommend something where the sith warrior or sith inquisitor has the choice to take the Sith Empire Throne or not. The whole taking over the throne of the whiny idiots of zakuul is stupid imho I mean Kaliyo's right their all morons. Edited by Nika_Alexandrov

Another thing that should be included in the newness, making it so that the level sync doesn't give people super xp all the freaking time. Do You know how annoyingly sad it is having a level 31 marauder running around on Dromund Kaas because xp is still accumulated even after hitting level 22? I mean what's the point really of even doing any of the quests and things if you are going to super level through everything?

• 2 weeks later...

i spend a lot of time crafting it would be nice if they gave us a way to use the crafting skills that we have on other characters on our current characters so that we are not forced to jump back and forth between toons

it would also be nice if they gave us a way to trade common data crystals up to glowing, and radiant