Please baby jesus, let us queue for pvp with a "no 4v4" option

Guldalla

the comps are often times super unbalanced and i don't even enjoy the wins. I just think there should be an option to queue for pvp and not to participate in 4v4s

:D enlight me master ...

let them make atleast 4 vs 4 rated games

Edited by Meteoreete

the comps are often times super unbalanced and i don't even enjoy the wins. I just think there should be an option to queue for pvp and not to participate in 4v4s

sure. can I have the option to only do 4v4? I do enjoy WZs, but there are times I'd much rather have 4 quick arenas than one long VStar or CW.

It just boils down to whomever got heals. I don't like it too.

not at all true in my experience. 1 heals and 3 dps vs. 4 dps goes to the team w/o the healer as often as not in my experience. however, arenas is where the premade vs. pug argument gains a lot of validity. you really can't have a premade be the entire team against 4 random opponents. that's terrible matchmaking. then ago, so is 2 heals and 2 tanks vs. 4 dps, which happens an awful lot more than you would think possible for a same faction match. so...w/e.

It just boils down to whomever got heals. I don't like it too.

It boils down to competent dps.

Heals can make or break a game if one or more of the dps on the team is not pulling their weight, focus fire, using stuns correctly, etc.

It boils down to competent dps.

Heals can make or break a game if one or more of the dps on the team is not pulling their weight, focus fire, using stuns correctly, etc.

Even if they are competent but lack gear the game it's sided to the healer team again, problem it's matchmaking in almost every match I play, do pvp all days and with 5 different proffesions and the unbalanced teams it's the bread and butter of the problems that pvp suffers from.

Because the matchmatching algoritm it's something like; you pvp? -> if yes random warzone ->pvp gear check ->null NN->Valor check-> null NN, rather than; you pvp? check gear -> if expertise < 2018 check valor if <10 you play with nobs and among them.

Otherwhise you wallow in the blood and mud with all the other pigs.

Arenas are the burden of PvP now. it creates impossibility for BW to balance classes for regs and arenas. 4v4 was the worst choice ever.

what is the % of PvP player who wants to play arenas srly ? would be nice to know.

The number of competent PvPers is down to an all-time low. Has nothing to do with the lack of rated arenas for sure. Who doesn't like 15-minute long Voidstar dps parses with no kills or deaths? Reg wzs are aids for competitive pvpers. That's why there are less than 10 good players on at primetime on Saturday evening and they are only doing team ranked against each other.

All those people in regs will leave the game after the Star Wars novelty wears off. PvP is not really "fun" in this game, but the hardcore players will continue to play since they've invested so much time and energy into learning it. All those bads I see in regs? Gone within two months.

Swtor's competitive PvP scene is dead atm and preseason just happens to be the longest in its history. You know you're playing against bads when you're parsing 3.5k dps with concealment op in wzs.

Even if they are competent but lack gear the game it's sided to the healer team again, problem it's matchmaking in almost every match I play, do pvp all days and with 5 different proffesions and the unbalanced teams it's the bread and butter of the problems that pvp suffers from.

Because the matchmatching algoritm it's something like; you pvp? -> if yes random warzone ->pvp gear check ->null NN->Valor check-> null NN, rather than; you pvp? check gear -> if expertise < 2018 check valor if <10 you play with nobs and among them.

Otherwhise you wallow in the blood and mud with all the other pigs.

So get gear.

It's not a healer issue it's a player competence issue.

In 4v4s healers are fine.

Healing issues arise in 8v8s.

Most of the game is brain dead already, you want BW to hold your hand for basic gearing too?

Edited by Ruhun

And I hate HB. But I hate long queues even more, so I suck it up and play objectives, even though HB is on average less balanced than random arenas. So suck it up and get in there. From what I'm seeing, the community at large could use more practice in dueling, not less:D

Also of note is this thread dueling with the "please baby Jesus more arenas" thread. We all have preferences, but longer queues are the inevitable result and we need that like we need nekkid teammates.

While I understand where ppl are coming from when requesting stuff like this, i don't understand why anyone would endure something they don't like? There is an option to leave the wz and doing so won't anger most ppl if it's done as soon as you enter.