The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

100% PVP Incredible Case Files Testable and Varifiable

MadCuzBad

PvP gear is incredibly easy to get. There is no reason what so ever to use no gear as an excuse.

This doesn't matter. The idea of needing a 2nd set of armor is what turns players off. Bolster flat out SUCKS...Bolster punishes players for doing the normal, common sense thing, which is wearing your best PvE gear to PvP in.

Expertise is a HUGE part of the issue with PvP. It's not used to balance anything like it should be, it's simply there to create a gear gap. It serves NO other purpose...NONE!!!

Remove Expertise and make PvP grant 220 gear with bonuses specific to PvP.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't matter. The idea of needing a 2nd set of armor is what turns players off. Bolster flat out SUCKS...Bolster punishes players for doing the normal, common sense thing, which is wearing your best PvE gear to PvP in.

Expertise is a HUGE part of the issue with PvP. It's not used to balance anything like it should be, it's simply there to create a gear gap. It serves NO other purpose...NONE!!!

Remove Expertise and make PvP grant 220 gear with bonuses specific to PvP.

And whatever is done with PvP gear and mechanics, find a way to balance for PvP that doesn't hash up the classes for PvE. They're two different animals, and what works for one (either way) doesn't always work for the other.

And whatever is done with PvP gear and mechanics, find a way to balance for PvP that doesn't hash up the classes for PvE. They're two different animals, and what works for one (either way) doesn't always work for the other.

Max, this is EXACTLY what Bioware should have been using Expertise to do...they've failed miserably with that. I don't believe that much "balance" has been done around PvP at all (it's a complete joke right now), but any that has been done, should have been done by adjusting classes expertise values, not skills.

DING DING WINNER^^^^

what he said. Menace hit it on the head.

look at the powers that have been butchered to satisfy pvp balance. we dont need more of that.

look at the powers that have been butchered to satisfy pve balance. we don't need more of that.

_____________________ [insert copypasta about this being a PVE game here] _____________________________

Right, I just want there to be some clarity between saying "PvP is irrelevant to the broader game" (which is largely true) and "PvP is irrelevant", which isn't true to the people who love PvP.

I think the point Max makes is that some (many?) players would not support those other games that chose to allow PvP to impact non-PvP elements of the game. As an ardent non-PvPer, I oppose having my fate in a game (e.g., which PvE zones I can play) relying on the outcome of PvP. So, while I understand the use of examples of games in which PvP is "relevant" to the overall game, those are not games I would ever play for just that reason.

I'm amazed it had to be said: PvP is relevant to players who enjoy PvP. In other breaking news, daffodils are relevant to people who like daffodils. The upcoming NFL draft is relevant to me (as someone who enjoys the NFL draft). So, yeah, to say that PvP lacks relevance to the overall game is not the same as declaring PvP irrelevant.

I have no dog in the "PvP" fight. I don't PvP and will never PvP. I don't care if PvP withers and dies ... even if that means it takes SWTOR with it. I just wish the PvP advocates would get together ... maybe convene a caucus or whatever ... and pick an argument. Either PvP is dead or it's the engine that drives the game. It can't be both, yet we see threads asserting both perspectives.

Edited by Thoronmir

I think the point Max makes is that some (many?) players would not support those other games that chose to allow PvP to impact non-PvP elements of the game. As an ardent non-PvPer, I oppose having my fate in a game (e.g., which PvE zones I can play) relying on the outcome of PvP. So, while I understand the use of examples of games in which PvP is "relevant" to the overall game, those are not games I would ever play for just that reason.

I'm amazed it had to be said: PvP is relevant to players who enjoy PvP. In other breaking news, daffodils are relevant to people who like daffodils. The upcoming NFL draft is relevant to me (as someone who enjoys the NFL draft). So, yeah, to say that PvP lacks relevance to the overall game is not the same as declaring PvP irrelevant.

I have no dog in the "PvP" fight. I don't PvP and will never PvP. I don't care if PvP withers and dies ... even if that means it takes SWTOR with it. I just wish the PvP advocates would get together ... maybe convene a caucus or whatever ... and pick an argument. Either PvP is dead or it's the engine that drives the game. It can't be both, yet we see threads asserting both perspectives.

We've recently seen both sorts of threads posted by the same person.

In terms of relevance, I wonder if the PvP players who think that PvE content should be gated behind PvP results, would be OK with PvP content being gated by the results of the various Operations in some way. Say, maybe, that if HM ToS isn't cleared at least X times each week, the next week some PvP WZ is closed to all players. :confused:

Edited by Max_Killjoy

They used to give you starting pvp gear when you hit max level but with bolster I guess they got rid of it.

PvP gear is incredibly easy to get. There is no reason what so ever to use no gear as an excuse.

I'm lazy, I do enough mundane crap in the game I don't need more like gear swapping to do.

That and as far as I know the top gear players still have an advantage over the standard geared players.

Easy scripted PvE content that doesn't change or make you think or adjust to gameplay with better rewards and loot

Vs

Challenging PvP content with stale maps, lots of cc and knock backs, everything changes depending on the situation. War Zone Tourists just there for a few matches for PvE companions. PvE geared with no idea about their roll, rotations, how to guard, deal with resolve, don't know how to not break CC early. A higher skill set is required to be successful in a PvP environment.

Bads and simple minded casuals will always take the path of least resistance. They get carried in operations, don't know the fights and when they queue for a WZ, roll in with their PvE gear and little to no bolster. PvP is hard, they will backfill operations and Flashpoints all day more than war zones.

Question: do you even realize how very agressive & unbalanced your comment is??? Do you use pills and/or are you drinking yr 45 cup of coffee (in 3 hours time) to boost yr "SKILLS"? Read yr own comment again, preferrably on a date and time when you 'think " you are the most "mental-balanced"! That is my advise.

..and after having done that, then ask yourself the following question: "do my comments facilitate in a positive way any future participation of any new players in PvP? (...obviously not, since you sound far toooo agressive & unbalanced...I for one would not even consider to play PvP with people like you since I play this game for my entertainment)

FYG: I myself am a many years sub. Before i played EVE & two other MMO's but after a while I got bored (often I wondered: "why do I logg in actually") & then I went playing swtor & I never stopped, I like it, each day.

But SWTOR is a total different story: I never got a boring moment & allways there are immense many different entertaining things one can decide to do at some day (depends on what one likes at some day and time). As a 85% solo-player I liked this game from the start & each day I discover new things. I must say: my skills (real life skills) in time became of a level far above average & I am very fast & experienced in the fights, using key-binds fcaus; but still I prefer the solo-way-of experiencing the immense possibilities of this game.

As I see it: SWTOR is "A World" one steps into with immense many possiblities (& combinations) for anyone to choose from. PvP = just a "part of the game". The game itself is immense bigger than PvP alone with very , very many things players can coose to do (solo or groups, what one likes).

The PvP provided by SWTOR imo = OK. But do not make the mistake to state that PvP is the most important aspect of the game(???). Such statements are so immense ridiculous for the ones that actually realy play & know this game! lol

So, my advise: stick yr head out of your window an THEN come to realize that the World in fact is a far bigger place than the little room you preferred to stay in all the time lollollol

(...I see myself as "one of the silent majority gamer base" who almost never comment on forums, because we prefer to playing & enjoying this great game i.s.o. waisting time with commenting on forums):):):)