Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

I can't speak for Harby, but right now, on TEH, Imperial Fleet as 2 instances, 171 and 27.

No, fleet chat isn't buzzing with LFG/LFM messages, but... are we talking about population, or grouping speed?

Well if everyone is minding their own solo business (thanks KOTFE), what's the point of a decent pop? This is the sad fact that TOR is no longer a MMO but a single player game where you will see other people around you.

Edited by demotivator

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing Overwatch. Seems good. I'm not a first person shooter fan, but to me it doesn't feel like it is because it's not all guns and stuff. You have tanks, heals, support, attack, defence classes. The abilities range from guns to magical abilities. The only difference I can see is its first person. Other wise it's not much different to other PVP like wow or swtor.

I've played since launch, the state of PVP is the worst I've ever seen. Even on the most populated servers it's dead. Low population servers aren't viable, I have no idea why they won't just merge them with the populated ones.

3 years ago when the started to merge lower population servers and my beloved Aussie (APAC) servers to the US, the lowest population server in the APAC region had more people than the highest do now. Dalbora (the highest) had 10 times more PVP population than Harbinger does now.

I hate to say it, but the Devs have killed PVP off in the game. Ever since they introduced Story Mode it has gotten worse. It was already dying off before that, but 3.0 closed the casket, 4.0 hammered in the nails, 4.4 has it lowered to the bottom. All it needs now is the dirt to be filled in.

Unless the Jesus version of PVP comes along and resurrects it fast, the grass will have grown over the dirt and he'd never get out anyway.

I loved this game. I'm a massive SW nerd, it's what brought me to this game over wow. I was a wow addict, played 9 years. It took me 3 weeks of playing swtor to break the addiction. Now I'm playing it about a 10th as much as I used to. I'm about to cancel my sub since launch, and I've even considered going back to wow (yuk). But I've found Overwatch which I think will be my next home.

So good work Bioware, if you can drive your biggest fans away, how do you expect to succeed or keep your jobs :(

Been playing Overwatch. Seems good. I'm not a first person shooter fan, but to me it doesn't feel like it is because it's not all guns and stuff. You have tanks, heals, support, attack, defence classes. The abilities range from guns to magical abilities. The only difference I can see is its first person. Other wise it's not much different to other PVP like wow or swtor.

I've played since launch, the state of PVP is the worst I've ever seen. Even on the most populated servers it's dead. Low population servers aren't viable, I have no idea why they won't just merge them with the populated ones.

3 years ago when the started to merge lower population servers and my beloved Aussie (APAC) servers to the US, the lowest population server in the APAC region had more people than the highest do now. Dalbora (the highest) had 10 times more PVP population than Harbinger does now.

Citations needed.

I hate to say it, but the Devs have killed PVP off in the game. Ever since they introduced Story Mode it has gotten worse. It was already dying off before that, but 3.0 closed the casket, 4.0 hammered in the nails, 4.4 has it lowered to the bottom. All it needs now is the dirt to be filled in.

So, since Beta then?

Unless the Jesus version of PVP comes along and resurrects it fast, the grass will have grown over the dirt and he'd never get out anyway.

I loved this game. I'm a massive SW nerd, it's what brought me to this game over wow. I was a wow addict, played 9 years. It took me 3 weeks of playing swtor to break the addiction. Now I'm playing it about a 10th as much as I used to. I'm about to cancel my sub since launch, and I've even considered going back to wow (yuk). But I've found Overwatch which I think will be my next home.

So good work Bioware, if you can drive your biggest fans away, how do you expect to succeed or keep your jobs :(

Peace.

People are making too big a fuss about this game. I can understand that "some" like it so much that they have to submit feedback on what they find wrong..or enjoy. Believe me, for the past few years I kept doing the same, with zero feedback. I know, it takes time to understand your own flaws but eventually you get there, and never bother repeating mistakes again.

My point is simple, as is my argument - if you like this game you will enjoy playing it. When the time comes, and if it does when some aspects of the game become less and less available to you..what can I say, time to move on.

To the crowd who keeps saying the game is dying or has died or whatever obscure insight they think to have - why not just move on? It is clear that players have nothing to decide in this game apart if you they want full access or just parts of the game available.

I wrote a post that was to be under "Write your own dream post to the devs". And yes, it was full of satire and irony on how BW operates in this game. I cannot find the thread anymore anywhere but..not saying I hit the nail on the head but you do have a choice. It is in fact a huge one, just pick something else and move on. I loved what Swtor once was, since 4.0 I have been spending less and less time with this game, but I have finally come to terms that this change was a good one. At least now I have ample reasons to show my face every full moon until I abandon this game entirely.

I can see how the game can die, for individuals but that there is nowhere to go...

Loads of options, just do not bother thinking anything will change because you take the time to write about how bad this game treats long-term customers...the way I see it - it is a freaking heaven for new players, if you are not among them then tough luck.

Loads of options, just do not bother thinking anything will change because you take the time to write about how bad this game treats long-term customers...the way I see it - it is a freaking heaven for new players, if you are not among them then tough luck.

And this is why video games are the way they are today, "Get over it if you don't like it."

The forums were created for a specific reason, to discuss the game, whether it be positive or negative. Providing feedback actually does change games whether you want to admit or not, and even Bioware themselves have in the past proven this. People complained about lack of space fights, we got GSF, people complained about lack of player housing, we got strongholds, people complained about lack of story, so we got KOTFE. Feedback does change games and what they focus on and what they develop, and without our feedback how are they suppose to make the game better? If no one told you what you were doing wrong and simply left, wouldn't you want to know how to keep those customers from leaving and new ways to bring them back?

Hehe, by making another disposable MMO. There are so many games out there being released all the time, it really wouldn't be feasible to keep a game going for more than 5+ years. It's called competition. Our "free" market system at work. There's over 7 billion people on the planet. 10s of millions of those people play video games, all of whom demand better and more entertaining content, so they're naturally going to move on to the next game that looks better than the one they're already getting bored with causing that game to dry up fairly quickly - like this one. :D So yeah, they're definitely going to keep their jobs. All they have to do is just keep cranking out more disposable games which includes disposable MMOs just like SWTOR, because lets face it, that's all this game really was from the very beginning - just a disposable MMO. I'm pretty sure the developers were aware of this from the very beginning. I mean obviously. Look at their attitude and response to players' concerns since release. Their indifference is astounding, almost robotic.. So yeah, I'm pretty sure there's more money to be made my developing disposable MMOs than making a major epic game that players will play, enjoy, and stick with for many years. They'll squeeze every dime they can get out of this game that loyal players are willing to spend until the servers finally dry up and is no longer feasible to keep the servers up, and then just move on to the next MMO and the next and the next.

Yes they are. Debate is dead - it's been replaced with denial.

Debate is "dead" because there's nothing to debate regarding the OP's claims.

On his multiple sockpuppet accounts he keeps claiming that the game is dead.

We are playing the game and posting on the forums -- therefore the game is not dead.

Debate done.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN
rude + replies

We are playing the game and posting on the forums -- therefore the game is not dead.

Debate done.

Meanwhile, OP is a proven liar and utterly toxic.

There is no debate here. Solo stuff is alive rest of the game is dead. end of story.

Debate done.

Meanwhile, OP is a proven liar and utterly toxic.

You're being too literal Max. Dead doesn't mean closed.

That in itself is still a game, it may not be the game you but it's still a game for quite a few others.

I gotta ask...why would you play an MMO if you're really looking for a solo player game? How many single player games do you pay $15 a month for?

I gotta ask...why would you play an MMO if you're really looking for a solo player game? How many single player games do you pay $15 a month for?

Why, I was after a damn good Star Wars game, I was never interested in playing a MMO in the slightest.

$15 is a bit of a bargain for a solo player game - those XBOX One games are retailing for about $70-80. At $15 a month, you'd have to save up for 5 months to buy one of those.

And don't even try to pretend those don't have bugs.

Edited by CrazyCT

Why, I was after a damn good Star Wars game, I was never interested in playing a MMO in the slightest.

any other star wars game is better than this for singleplayer / story play.

This was meant to be an MMO...

They killed off the previous SW MMO the same day this was released and now they are turning it into garbage.

Edited by Xcurtx

$15 is a bit of a bargain for a solo player game - those XBOX One games are retailing for about $70-80. At $15 a month, you'd have to save up for 5 months to buy one of those.

And don't even try to pretend those don't have bugs.

Lol wha.... name a game on the xbox one that that goes for 80$ for the standard price of admission. Not to mention in the long run you can always go play that game without restrictions years later, unlike SWTOR. I still go back and play the metal gear solid series and the force unleashed every now and then.

Edited by peter_plankskull

any other star wars game is better than this for singleplayer / story play.

This was meant to be an MMO...

They killed off the previous SW MMO the same day this was released and now they are turning it into garbage.

The best of the story based SW games were kotor 1 and 2 (played both), Jedi knight series (not had 1 released in a while) and Battlefront which is more of a FPS than anything and Force Unleased 1 & 2 (again played them both already).

SWTOR was 8 unique stories + expansions and doing them all fully takes me some time I don't like rushing content, take my time and do as much as I can.

I don't care that this was supposed to be a MMO, as I don't think MMO means the same now as it did when the game was released.

Edited by Jedi_riches

The best of the story based SW games were kotor 1 and 2 (played both), Jedi knight series (not had 1 released in a while) and Battlefront which is more of a FPS than anything and Force Unleased 1 & 2 (again played them both already).

SWTOR was 8 unique stories + expansions and doing them all fully takes me some time I don't like rushing content, take my time and do as much as I can.

I don't care that this was supposed to be a MMO, as I don't think MMO means the same now as it did when the game was released.

a definition of a genre doesn't change in 4 years, as it did not change in the past 20....