Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

And here I must admit how foolish it was to ever hope that OP or any of his sockpuppet accounts would start posting like an actual adult human being.

At any rate, I'm logged into the game and playing right now, so the thread title "game has died" is by definition wrong.

Again.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had MaximumBad on ignore for probably a month now or so, but I can see the quoted text, and this tired, pathetic trope is just going to continue on and on and on, in its inane little circles, producing nothing of worth, accomplishing nothing but taking up bandwidth on the servers, and getting everyone else riled up by someone who should have exhausted himself long ago over this.

All arguments for/against server merges, cross-server queues, overland PVP, and everything else MaximumBad wants have been exhaustively repeated in his other equally pathetic thread.

Just total crap. It's all it is at this point.

Feed the beast if you must.

MCB I only going to post once, maybe you'll understand and maybe you won't...

Spring time is an extreme lull point in ALL video games and especially MMOs. I KNOW because I have been through it for 15+ years in MULTIPLE MMOs.

The short of it is that the combination of the weather getting better, the days getting longer, and schools ramping up testing (standardized testing, term papers, and final exams), means that a significant portion of the playerbase is not playing ANY video games, not just this one. Students from high school through college and their parents are not playing video games. Surprise surprise surprise the overwhelming majority of gamers are NOT living with their parents basement dwellers who think the sun is evil.

The point is that you CANNOT base an MMO's health on this time of year and the lack of population. Period, end of discussion!

From now until autumn, simply put there will be fewer players online. Deal with it and move on. Or better yet...GO OUTSIDE!!!!

I completely agree with you. It's nice to see another player who isn't blinded to the facts.

Which facts are those? Low Fleet population? Really? So if people aren't hanging out on Fleet, they're not logging in?

Slow PvP queues? Seems to be situational at best, even reading the forums, it's always the same 3 or 4 that are waiting 10 minutes+ for a pop.

Here's a fact you're blind to: When I have to fend off or accept random group invites in order to do heroics on several planets, on both factions, the "low pop on fleet means low pop in game period" position falls a bit flat.

I can see there are population problems right now and I feel that merging the servers would be better than giving out transfers again, as it could make servers die even more

However I do feel the game will still see 2017

Again, I don't see the problem to the extent that all 6 of Mad's threads on the exact same topic would indicate.

I have had MaximumBad on ignore for probably a month now or so, but I can see the quoted text, and this tired, pathetic trope is just going to continue on and on and on, in its inane little circles, producing nothing of worth, accomplishing nothing but taking up bandwidth on the servers, and getting everyone else riled up by someone who should have exhausted himself long ago over this.

All arguments for/against server merges, cross-server queues, overland PVP, and everything else MaximumBad wants have been exhaustively repeated in his other equally pathetic thread.

Just total crap. It's all it is at this point.

Feed the beast if you must.

I'm with you.

Bottom line is this. This game is in trouble. What we are witnessing is the symptoms of the problem. And the main sickness this game is suffering from is that too few players are being spread amongst to many servers. The games population at this point should be down to 2 servers. 1 EU, and 1 NA. There is no reason to continue more than 2 total servers for how many people are left playing this game. There is simply not enough players left to spread over 8,6,4, or even 2 servers at this point.

That is what instances are for. I would not mind seeing 10 instances of republic fleet at one time. Upgrade the hardware to support 1 mega server for EU and 1 for NA and end this madness. All this procrastination is doing is driving more and more frustrated players from a game that can not afford to lose any members. This has to stop and stop now. This company better get its act together and very quickly or this game wont see 2017.

or maybe we could get rid of this whole rp story thing and they could just sell the game to blizzard they would make far better use of it. nokappa

And here I must admit how foolish it was to ever hope that OP or any of his sockpuppet accounts would start posting like an actual adult human being.

At any rate, I'm logged into the game and playing right now, so the thread title "game has died" is by definition wrong.

Again.

Its such a bummer, I was so hopeful that he was serious about quitting the game. Dude needs to seriously get a life.

Well, if they merged the servers again, then I would leave the game. I have been here since beta and I have no desire to go through it again.

And if they don't, I will end up leaving the game. And I also was here since beta. I have been thru 3 forced server mergers and I would do it again without hesitation to increase server population.

For every 1 person like you who would leave, there are 100 others who wont and not only that but I know of 10 people right now who will re sub again if they do this. I would hate to see you leave but I have to tell you there are 100 people who will leave this game for lack of population to everyone 1 like you who will ragequit because of a forced server merge.

Edited by MadCuzBad

Server sizing is for peak demand.. not average, and certainly not for the 2:00 AM local server time crowd, during the lull period between expacs. But I don't expect any such players to listen to reason.
I don't disagree. They should still merge servers. Just not down to one per coast, and one for EU.

Again, I don't see the problem to the extent that all 6 of Mad's threads on the exact same topic would indicate.
I do, but that's besides the point. Edited by Ansultares

And if they don't, I will end up leaving the game. And I also was here since beta. I have been thru 3 forced server mergers and I would do it again without hesitation to increase server population.

For every 1 person like you who would leave, there are 100 others who wont and not only that but I know of 10 people right now who will re sub again if they do this. I would hate to see you leave but I have to tell you there are 100 people who will leave this game for lack of population to everyone 1 like you who will ragequit because of a forced server merge.

The plural of anecdote is still not data. BW has the data. You have anecdotes.

I shall do my best to make your vision a reality. :D

COME ON Y'ALL WE CAN DO IT!!! :p

25 posts short ... might as well bump.

I note an odd lack of MaximumBad posts.

Makes me wonder if BW closed a loophole that would let people get some free forum posting time ( amongst other things ) I discovered and reported ... always was suspicious of the 2 seemingly alternating accounts.

Still things do feel lonely without him, maybe he'll come back and brighten my day. ;)

Makes me wonder if BW closed a loophole that would let people get some free forum posting time ( amongst other things ) I discovered and reported ... always was suspicious of the 2 seemingly alternating accounts.

Still things do feel lonely without him, maybe he'll come back and brighten my day. ;)

Nah, he got bored and started a new thread saying......the exact same thing? :confused:

Anyway, I think he realised that at 2000 posts, this thread alone was proving that the game isn't dead :)

He started a new thread just recently

Nah, he got bored and started a new thread saying......the exact same thing? :confused:

Anyway, I think he realised that at 2000 posts, this thread alone was proving that the game isn't dead :)

Ah ok yet the maximum whatever persona seems absent.

Just seen that other thread ... I can't even really make sense of the title let alone the content.

The guy does deserve some sort of troll award though, it's quite well done sort of like that JMCA guy.

Ah ok yet the maximum whatever persona seems absent.

Just seen that other thread ... I can't even really make sense of the title let alone the content.

The guy does deserve some sort of troll award though, it's quite well done sort of like that JMCA guy.

He reminds of the scene in "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" when Mel Brooks' Van Helsing and Leslie Nielson's Dracula meet each other and each try to get the last insult in.

WoW, haven't seen this post in a while.

Your alternate accounts don't count as "people" ... just sayin'.

Lets be honest here Menace... its a multiple personality disorder caused by a sleeper cell in his brain that was implemented in through agents of Konami to undermine EA so they win the worst company award again. I have yet to find out what the code word is, but when activated he seems to swap to personas like maximum ownage and a few others that im unfamiliar with. When activated each persona is completely unaware of the other, and they are unable to acknowledge one another, almost as if they exist in a different universe altogether. I may have to research this more and see how high up the chain this goes.

Lets be honest here Menace... its a multiple personality disorder caused by a sleeper cell in his brain that was implemented in through agents of Konami to undermine EA so they win the worst company award again. I have yet to find out what the code word is, but when activated he seems to swap to personas like maximum ownage and a few others that im unfamiliar with. When activated each persona is completely unaware of the other, and they are unable to acknowledge one another, almost as if they exist in a different universe altogether. I may have to research this more and see how high up the chain this goes.
What you need to do is condition all of them to take a photograph of themselves and write their name on it. Then upload the images to an imgur album.