Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

What does PVP have to do with republic fleet on harbinger going from 5 instances at night to 1?

Five instances now is it? Wow it keeps growing.

Perhaps, unlike TUXs, you aren't comparing year on year though and comparing it peak times ( October-December ) which is rather clearly the case that population drops at this time every year ... but does it drop more than other years? I'm yet to see evidence of this beyond "they sky is falling".

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!!!! Seems to verify what I said...huh...who'd have thunk?! ;)

Verify which claim exactly? I can't even get those varying archives to line up with similar time frames to compare ... perhaps again it comes down to buggy IE but now torstatus is back up I'll have to see if I can get that "slice in time" graph they have/had up showing again.

Does anyone else out of curiosity remember the slider graphs ( could drag a bar from either side of the graph to select a period in time ) they had on torstatus that let you select any period in time?

Ok so your memory was closer to 3. My notepad right next to me right now has in writing 5 instances of republic fleet. So I am pretty sure my notes from those notes are a little better than memory. They were written observation that was put down to writing. I have a notepad with many notes of 5 instances of republic fleet on Harbs over the course of several weeks.

Amazing. Truly amazing.

Lol wow now that's proof definitive ... the word of someone who has to run 2 forum accounts to try further their trolling arguments that they may or may not have some number written on some piece of paper ...

You sir just won the internet. :rolleyes:

Calm down. Are you serious? She (presuming its a she) can say what she wants. If you don't like it, add/ignore her. But to give a condescending speech like you just did is reticules. I think its you that needs to relax.

Reticules? Was this also written on this notepad with your "stats"?

i share the opinion of TUX, game is in dire state and going downhill fast.

That seems almost so obvious its strange that we need to even mention it or even use the word "opinion". But unfortunately there are very thin skinned people who need to be held by the hand and have a hard time with negative reality. I've been very patient with them. Its not always easy.

Thanks for using that word, TUXs seems to think opinions and facts are the same thing. ;)

I've been very clear that this is based on MY observations. Observations which can be verified by using the links back pages ago. Since neither of us has any actual numbers, neither you nor I can present "facts" as you're demanding...but it is MY observation that there are undeniably fewer players now on Harb than there were 10 months ago.

You're free to disagree all you'd like...but you're wrong.

I've been very clear that this is based on MY observations. Observations which can be verified by using the links back pages ago. Since neither of us has any actual numbers, neither you nor I can present "facts" as you're demanding...but it is MY observation that there are undeniably fewer players now on Harb than there were 10 months ago.

But the link just showed me the light medium and heavy. Back in October they increase servers capacity so you cannot compare to 10 months ago.

But the link just showed me the light medium and heavy. Back in October they increase servers capacity so you cannot compare to 10 months ago.

You don't need to. The who tab doesn't lie. And the who tab says very clearly from 12 months ago, 10 months ago, 8 months ago, that the game is 100% no questions asked, un mistakenly, without any doubt about it depopulating. I could not care less about the change is server capacity loads and what it indicates on the selection screen. It means nothing. But the who tab does. And it shows me exactly how many people are in game. And I have a notepad right next to me that shows 100% that population is down. And down in a big way compared to 12, 10, 8 , 6, 4 months ago. Heck just in the past 7-10 days I have seen a drop in Harbinger much less going back a year ago.

You don't need to. The who tab doesn't lie. And the who tab says very clearly from 12 months ago, 10 months ago, 8 months ago, that the game is 100% no questions asked, un mistakenly, without any doubt about it depopulating. I could not care less about the change is server capacity loads and what it indicates on the selection screen. It means nothing. But the who tab does. And it shows me exactly how many people are in game. And I have a notepad right next to me that shows 100% that population is down. And down in a big way compared to 12, 10, 8 , 6, 4 months ago. Heck just in the past 7-10 days I have seen a drop in Harbinger much less going back a year ago.

BTW if anyone would have used this method, they would have left POT5 over 2 years ago like I did. Its amazing what a little common sense and the who tab can do for you. It was predictable what happened to POT5 if you knew where to look.

I wonder if those guys going back and forth will ever get to an entire page of posts that just show up as ignored user post links...

Funny coming from the most prolific current poster on the forums. Most of us are mature enough to handle our arguments without needing to revert to ignore because things didn't go our way.

You have to wonder if you have to ignore that many people that maybe those people aren't the problem ... you are ... just saying. ;)

Funnier yet is when people like you selectively respond/quote to posts from people you've supposedly ignored which is so telling you just can't help but to remove the ignore to know what was said in the first place ... but wait ... then pretend to take the moral high ground again and state publicly how you've ignored them ... what a joke. ;)

Oh come on TUXs ... this is weak by your usual standards ...

This is what you posted.

"Even so...that doesn't change the fact that a year ago, Harb had 4 Pub Fleets (2 full, 2 filling) active "

I see the word fact there ... do you? Pretty sure that's your post is it not? Where are your facts? Don't tell me to refer to links pages ago ... show me those links now ... stop being so damn lazy or just don't bother replying and embarrassing yourself further.

Now as to the the torstatus point I made earlier ... I've figured it out now and you need to check an entire region for the overtime trends for some odd reason.

That is basically click 'North America' up top then click 'population trends' as your data view down below.

You should get a second graph under the main graph allowing you to select any range in the past year ( I seem to recall this being further but it is what it is ) ... under current trend we see a drop off especially in may - july when KoTFE was announced last year, we know we're again in a lull now so point is we need to wait until july and see if we see things pick up again.

Before anyone thinks to say "but we had way more heavy back then" you can't compare like for like, only trends. Reason being they increased server capacity thus there is no like for like year on year but you can still compare trends over time ( just not by a % base. just that the trend is following the previous year or not i.e. rising/dropping in line with the previous year ).

This is somewhat demonstrated by how much larger the standard capacity is this year vs last year ... oddly ( and this surprises me ) if you take it from feb to now you can concluse population is on the rise from the increased amount of standard there is compared to mid feb where the heavy all but died off. This is of course NA on a whole and the stats could ideally be flawed depending on how it's measured when looking at NA as a whole.

The who tab heh ... sort of like that stupid topic you made that "100% undeniable" how much more popular PVP was then PVE ... oh wait you got called on that because you're search criteria was flawed and you weren't getting correct results so you stopped posting in that thread.

Yet now you expect us to believe some imagniary state you recorded however long ago to compare against current who results ... yeah ok.

The only undeniable fact in this thread so far is how completely fallible your "analytic's" are and/or the majority of your posts between both your accounts that constitute pure troll posts.

Everyones playing The Division right now, its actually rather insane just how many people I know that are seriously hooked on that game...

LOL, a month later and that game has sunk faster than the TORtanic ever did.

I gave up on that game 3 weeks ago, and it's even gotten worse.

But yeah... this game needs megaservers at this point tbh. Or maybe, just maybe, cross server queues. Almost every game at this point does either one now.

"Even so...that doesn't change the fact that a year ago, Harb had 4 Pub Fleets (2 full, 2 filling) active "

I see the word fact there ... do you? Pretty sure that's your post is it not? Where are your facts? Don't tell me to refer to links pages ago ... show me those links now ... stop being so damn lazy or just don't bother replying and embarrassing yourself further.

do you realize how unreasonable you're being here?

anyone on harbinger can support this. sorry i haven't been cataloguing fleet instance trends in anticipation for forum wars months later when people like yourself will just stomp and whine about "facts" when you have numerous people to support this occurrence.

you're basically denying the moon landing because i wasn't able to provide you gps confirmation that their bodies left the atmosphere.

do you realize how unreasonable you're being here?

anyone on harbinger can support this. sorry i haven't been cataloguing fleet instance trends in anticipation for forum wars months later when people like yourself will just stomp and whine about "facts" when you have numerous people to support this occurrence.

you're basically denying the moon landing because i wasn't able to provide you gps confirmation that their bodies left the atmosphere.

Facts need context. It is entirely possible that the amount of fleet instances are lower than before. I'm not on that server so I can neither confirm nor deny it. However, the game has changed as well and here's the context. People have more places to be at than before. The fleet is not the place to hang anymore for everyone, particularly when you take into account guild ships. I spent a hell of a lot more time on the guild ship than on the fleet now.

Of course I cannot give any real numbers behind it but it stands to reason that even though there may be fewer fleet instances, it cannot be treated as evidence of fewer players on the server, because we cannot tell how many people are lurking on their guild ships at the same time and how many people are on places like Odessen and Zakuul because of the new content of the current expansions. BW changed direction so it seems a fair assumption that this content appeals to at least a fair number of people.

So all in all, there are fewer people in the fleet, but the reasons why do not automatically mean fewer players playing. It could still be true that there are fewer people playing, I don't have any evidence either way, but what I am saying is that fewer fleet instances are not irrefutable evidence of lower population on the server. That leap they're taking is too far.

Facts need context. It is entirely possible that the amount of fleet instances are lower than before. I'm not on that server so I can neither confirm nor deny it. However, the game has changed as well and here's the context. People have more places to be at than before. The fleet is not the place to hang anymore for everyone, particularly when you take into account guild ships. I spent a hell of a lot more time on the guild ship than on the fleet now.

Of course I cannot give any real numbers behind it but it stands to reason that even though there may be fewer fleet instances, it cannot be treated as evidence of fewer players on the server, because we cannot tell how many people are lurking on their guild ships at the same time and how many people are on places like Odessen and Zakuul because of the new content of the current expansions. BW changed direction so it seems a fair assumption that this content appeals to at least a fair number of people.

So all in all, there are fewer people in the fleet, but the reasons why do not automatically mean fewer players playing. It could still be true that there are fewer people playing, I don't have any evidence either way, but what I am saying is that fewer fleet instances are not irrefutable evidence of lower population on the server. That leap they're taking is too far.

and i can reasonably agree with all of this...add in leveling xp bonuses, events etc. plenty of reasons not to be idle in fleet.

that being said, it's still a sign for sure; especially when things normalize at times

and i can reasonably agree with all of this...add in leveling xp bonuses, events etc. plenty of reasons not to be idle in fleet.

that being said, it's still a sign for sure; especially when things normalize at times

A sign of what though? A sign that people are more spread out? A sign that lots of people stay on the guild ship? Or a sign that the overall population is dropping?

Problem with signs is that they are only signs. Clouds can be a sign of rain, but it may not rain at all. Human beings have always loved the end of days and the sky is falling. We're a race that likes to jump to conclusions and make up the missing elements as we go along. Believing something is certainly easier than understanding something.

Oh come on TUXs ... this is weak by your usual standards ...

This is what you posted.

It did. What would you like me to do to prove it to you?

A sign of what though? A sign that people are more spread out? A sign that lots of people stay on the guild ship? Or a sign that the overall population is dropping?

A sign that the population has dropped obviously. Guild ships have been out since 2014.