Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly fine for me? Get a better PC?

Has nothing to do with the PC.

The camera shakes, jumps, and spins like a jackrabbit on crackamphetamine -- and some of the classes appear to do likewise.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

There are plenty of people waving pitchforks and lighting torches outside that castle; similarity of purpose isn't a very good indicator of similarity of person

After a long weekend of reviewing shadowlands and harbringers server activity, I have to say it was not as active on either server as I have seen in the past. During peak times there was little differaence between the two servers. That was a change. And off peak shadowlands was not a good place to be.

My concern now is that unless the development team has plans on creating a mega server, this 1000CC transfer fee may be the tipping point that could drop the final blow.

Its obvious to me after observing both shadowlands and harbringers populations this weekend that the player base frustrations are at an all time high. Harbinger felt deflated and the WHO tab on instances even during peak times was horrible. I am a person who uses the WHO tab everyday to check out the PVP activity and recruit with it. I have the entire list sitting right next to me and I use it daily. This weekend was off. It was way off. Empty PVP instances all day and all night. And that is un usual.

We will see what the next 30 days brings us, but I don't like what I am seeing already. My guild has still not recovered from this latest patch. Dozens of players that I have played with for years have still refused to return to playing the game. I will be watching and monitoring daily. So far I do not like what I see. We will see how this plays out over the next 30 days. I hope the dev team has a plan.

After a long weekend of reviewing shadowlands and harbringers server activity, I have to say it was not as active on either server as I have seen in the past. During peak times there was little differaence between the two servers. That was a change. And off peak shadowlands was not a good place to be.

My concern now is that unless the development team has plans on creating a mega server, this 1000CC transfer fee may be the tipping point that could drop the final blow.

Its obvious to me after observing both shadowlands and harbringers populations this weekend that the player base frustrations are at an all time high. Harbinger felt deflated and the WHO tab on instances even during peak times was horrible. I am a person who uses the WHO tab everyday to check out the PVP activity and recruit with it. I have the entire list sitting right next to me and I use it daily. This weekend was off. It was way off. Empty PVP instances all day and all night. And that is un usual.

We will see what the next 30 days brings us, but I don't like what I am seeing already. My guild has still not recovered from this latest patch. Dozens of players that I have played with for years have still refused to return to playing the game. I will be watching and monitoring daily. So far I do not like what I see. We will see how this plays out over the next 30 days. I hope the dev team has a plan.

I just did server transfers to Harb and I am really enjoying it. I was able to do several ops from joining groups looking for people in general chat. I was able to do GSF. I was able to do pvp.

The old server I was on I wasn't able to do much of anything but on Harb, I can. I do not know what times your looking at but from my short time playing on this server it seems pretty busy and it's got people wanting to do group content.

I just did server transfers to Harb and I am really enjoying it. I was able to do several ops from joining groups looking for people in general chat. I was able to do GSF. I was able to do pvp.

The old server I was on I wasn't able to do much of anything but on Harb, I can. I do not know what times your looking at but from my short time playing on this server it seems pretty busy and it's got people wanting to do group content.

Yes it is busy. But compared to 6 months ago, its population is down if I had to guess about 1/3. We used to have 4 to 5 instances of republic fleet per night. Now we are down to 1 or 2 at best.

My post isn't about Harbinger right now, my thread is addressing 2 to 3 months from now. If the trend doesn't change, it could be a nasty storm.,

Yes it is busy. But compared to 6 months ago, its population is down if I had to guess about 1/3. We used to have 4 to 5 instances of republic fleet per night. Now we are down to 1 or 2 at best.

My post isn't about Harbinger right now, my thread is addressing 2 to 3 months from now. If the trend doesn't change, it could be a nasty storm.,

Emphasis mine. There has been a change that several people have pointed out; that instances can contain as many as 2x the population as there were able to; the change occurred sometime after 4.0 launch. All other things being equal, halving the number of instances is not indicative of a gross decline of fleet population. (Not to mention that a lot of people are hanging out on Odessen - the only thing you can do on fleet that you can't do on Odessen is read the LFG requests; and the Odessen mission terminals are more conveniently located).

Emphasis mine. There has been a change that several people have pointed out; that instances can contain as many as 2x the population as there were able to; the change occurred sometime after 4.0 launch. All other things being equal, halving the number of instances is not indicative of a gross decline of fleet population. (Not to mention that a lot of people are hanging out on Odessen - the only thing you can do on fleet that you can't do on Odessen is read the LFG requests; and the Odessen mission terminals are more conveniently located).

Yeap -- several people have tried to point out that instance max population (the number of players before an additional instance is created) was increased.

In some ways, this was a bad thing -- before the change, there was usually a smaller second instance on Yavin 4, for example, and if you switched over there was room to breathe.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Yeap -- several people have tried to point out that instance max population (the number of players before an additional instance is created) was increased.

In some ways, this was a bad thing -- before the change, there was usually a smaller second instance on Yavin 4, for example, and if you switched over there was room to breathe. That

No one uses the PVP instances from what I seen on Harb. The few people who do use it actually have no intension of engaging in PVP anyway from my own evidence and only use it to have the instance to themselves.

Emphasis mine. There has been a change that several people have pointed out; that instances can contain as many as 2x the population as there were able to; the change occurred sometime after 4.0 launch.

That's simply not true...and it's easily verifiable as the number of people PER instance is clearly indicated on your UI. It caps around 175 (seems to be 175-180)...has for ages. The capacity per instance hasn't changed.

No one uses the PVP instances from what I seen on Harb. The few people who do use it actually have no intension of engaging in PVP anyway from my own evidence and only use it to have the instance to themselves.

I use them and I wear my PvP gear. I have no intention of starting any fight, but I sure won't run from one.

I use them and I wear my PvP gear. I have no intention of starting any fight, but I sure won't run from one.

Well...I guess "no one" are two big words.... but you get the gist :D. More often that not im literally the only person on the pub side that goes onto the PVP instances on harb. Ill admit I don't often play during primetime, but I don't usually play during low points either.

That's simply not true...and it's easily verifiable as the number of people PER instance is clearly indicated on your UI. It caps around 175 (seems to be 175-180)...has for ages. The capacity per instance hasn't changed.

Actually, it did.

For example, it takes significantly more people to trigger a second instance on Yavin 4 than it did when SoR first launched.

A lot of games have come out recently and other games have had expansions. That will always have an impact on the players on this game, especially when there is a limit to how long it takes to complete what is new. We have summer coming up, so more players will be playing less and you have the WoW expansion in 3-4 months. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a decline in players logging in, but people overall seem to be happy with the current content pace and as long as subs and CM purchases don't drop much I don't see there being a problem. It won't have a huge impact on the game unless a REALLY good game comes out or the WoW expansion is significantly better than WoD.

Many people seem to have a lot of animosity towards this game because it isn't what they want it to be. Most of the time, if you step away for a few months, you come back and enjoy it again. Sure, they could focus really hard on PvP or end game PvE, but it isn't going to be of the quality that other games have. SWTOR has found its calling as an "MMO" and has been successful as of late with the current formula. I think they could improve some aspects of the game to broaden the audience, but I think BW just wants to focus on one thing and try and get it right for now. I'm hoping they've learned a lot from KotFE and use that to propel them forward to the next expansion.

Possibly so for Yavin. Not true of Fleet.

Given the feedback I received from Bioware, it's even possible that the caps are different in the same location between different servers.

Evidently, instance max pop is adjustable on the fly, and requires no patching to alter.

Given the feedback I received from Bioware, it's even possible that the caps are different in the same location between different servers.

Evidently, instance max pop is adjustable on the fly, and requires no patching to alter.

Even so...that doesn't change the fact that a year ago, Harb had 4 Pub Fleets (2 full, 2 filling) active and now we're lucky to get 2...the second one usually being <40 players. The population per instance hasn't changed since that time.

It definitely is. There are a number of things that appear to adjust dynamically on the fly in this MMO.

It results in some funny looking data from time to time as well. For instance, in the flurry after an expac drops (when the server populations spike to what MCB likes to use as "baseline"....even though it's actually a "peak") when I log in in the morning and start playing... I will often see an out of order sequence of instances. Like there will be instance 2, 3, 4, 6.... but instance 1 and 5 are missing. Also, particularly when playing on a large instance planet (like the capital city planets) the busier the instance is (in terms of total people) the faster NPCs respawn.

As for the entire premise of this thread.......Ebb and flow, peaks and valleys, in MMO player activities is pretty common (and normal) in the market these days, so I encourage everyone to be really cautious about drinking MCBs KoolAid.

Edited by Andryah

Even so...that doesn't change the fact that a year ago, Harb had 4 Pub Fleets (2 full, 2 filling) active and now we're lucky to get 2...the second one usually being <40 players. The population per instance hasn't changed since that time.

The major change was made between between the launch of SoR and the start of KorFE, so probably less than a year ago. It made a major difference, at least in my server, on the size and number of instances on Yavin, and on Fleet.

Actually, it did.

For example, it takes significantly more people to trigger a second instance on Yavin 4 than it did when SoR first launched.

I remember being a lot less people in each instance of the fleet. So I think they did increase for the fleet

[Citation Needed] for the italicized statement. Also, a year ago we didn't have Odessen, which is drawing off a certain amount of population from Fleet, since it is a "hub" location; contains a set of PvP and PvE mission terminals, a GTN and hold location, and Crystal vendors. It's missing some vendors and quest givers that are only on fleet, but has some functions that are not present at fleet as well.

I'm not questioning your conclusions, I'm questioning your methodology and assumptions.

[Citation Needed] for the italicized statement. Also, a year ago we didn't have Odessen, which is drawing off a certain amount of population from Fleet, since it is a "hub" location; contains a set of PvP and PvE mission terminals, a GTN and hold location, and Crystal vendors. It's missing some vendors and quest givers that are only on fleet, but has some functions that are not present at fleet as well.

I'm not questioning your conclusions, I'm questioning your methodology and assumptions.

There's a counter in the upper left corner of the UI Ian...it tells me EXACTLY how many people are in my particular instance. I've been on Harb for nearly a year now...it hasn't changed during that time.