Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason you see old cartel pack drops in the market more now is because of the Chance Cubes. Chance Cubes have done some interesting things to the player economy right now. Personally, I like change in the economy and I don't mind adjusting to the market.

As for Harbinger listing and prices.... IMO, it's been like that for the better part of a year now. I routinely buy up items on Harbinger and then move them to another server because of the heavy discounts on Harbinger. So I am doing my small part soaking up some of the excess on Harbinger. :)

Oh I get why we are seeing this but what I'm getting at over the past couple of weeks it's flooded even more so for some reason.

This is why I looked at the partial armour crates for an example as those can't increase supply in any current method, they had to be from old packs or hoarded away.

I mean it may be just coincidence of course and for whatever reason all of a sudden many people decided to list their older stuff all at this time though it did have me wondering if it was indeed from people transferring over to Harb ... I'll say that sales are really good lately too - had a nice 67 million day the other day ( granted 48 mill was in 2 items, some droid companion and a havoc squad armour set ).

Yes, you can.

I didn't assert that it was certainly malice, just that IF it was an intentional attempt to obfuscate, THEN I'd call it malice -- even if they did a poor job of it. The alternative that I offered up was simply that the person tasked to do the rework of the server selection screen didn't really think about what should still be on it.

If it was deliberate however they did it for positive reasons ( such as wanting to help boost the population of waning servers in light of the instance change making server type no longer pertinent ) is that still then malice? I think not.

I do wonder though if each locations servers are hosted in the same building meaning there is really no longer any benefit to even keeping 3 servers up for each location any longer ... PVP/PVE should be merged and this whole instance change was smoke and mirrors to alleviate the rage felt when ( imo under a year ) they do get merged.

RP servers? Not so sure.

Yes, you can.

I didn't assert that it was certainly malice, just that IF it was an intentional attempt to obfuscate, THEN I'd call it malice -- even if they did a poor job of it. The alternative that I offered up was simply that the person tasked to do the rework of the server selection screen didn't really think about what should still be on it.

It wasn't entirely aimed at you, there were a few posts about it. Some of the doom/gloom people saying they were doing it because the "game was dying" and they didn't want people to know.

I kinda agree it could seem like a dodgy move, but I think they are trying to rebalance the servers, funnily enough in support of Madcuzbad's rant that started this whole thing. If newcomers see that "Harbringer" is the most populated, they would probably be more tempted to go there, and further unbalance the servers. This way, there's a better chance they will help populate some of the lighter servers. And since you can now just switch between PvP and PvE, it won't put them off going to some of those servers too.

Either that or, as you say, they just decided to clean up the server select, and said something like "Might as well get rid of the server status bit, they can still go see it on the website if they really want to". You know, with no real thinking, just a throwaway decision, but people will assume there's some evil James Bond villain, stroking his moustache and cackling maniacally while making it.

Edited by CrazyCT

Free transfers!!! sign of the game flourishing!!! plebs will be plebs... R.I.P SwtOR 2017. You heard it here first.

Nah. Been hearing "sayers of things" natter on about the demise of this game for years. So, nope, didn't hear that here first. Sorry. :)

Nah. Been hearing "sayers of things" natter on about the demise of this game for years. So, nope, didn't hear that here first. Sorry. :)

yeah because the game came out 10 yrs ago.. dont act like its been out forever.. 2012.. so barely 4 yrs and its still hemorrhaging... it wont last past 6 yrs. Time for a new Star Wars MMO Openworld#BestSWG

yeah because the game came out 10 yrs ago.. dont act like its been out forever.. 2012.. so barely 4 yrs and its still hemorrhaging... it wont last past 6 yrs. Time for a new Star Wars MMO Openworld#BestSWG

Matters not. People (who didn't get their way or weren't happy for any reason and couldn't, like adults, accept that not all things will suit) have caterwauled this song from day one. Whether "day one" was a year ago, three years ago or ten years ago (UO? WoW? :) ) it's the same old tune and usually off-key.

Ironically, these threads probably existed in Beta. Most of them probably ran like they did in the Aion Beta forums:

If you don't make this more like WoW, it's going to fail, and, ironically enough, This game is too much like WoW, it's going to fail. There were both in the Aion Beta forums, I was there. I could have been here, but declined my invite. The Rappelz forums ran exactly like this thread, as far as DOOM was concerned, for 10 years, and while it's now down to 3 servers, my FB feed to my Rappelz guild is still active, 10 years later, with people still running the same content for 10 years. So good luck with that. It's not clever, it's not witty, and it's likely not accurate, with new SW movies in the pipe for the next few years. But hey, like I told your fellow doomleader: Fight the good fight, sooner or later, you're bound to get it right.

The current post count is 1337.

Clearly a sign from the Force in reference to OP and his thread.

It's also interesting that for such a supposedly bogus thread people feel the need to keep reiterating their arguments against it ad nauseum.

Yes, because content of posts is irrelevant, only the number matters. So if the OP removed the 20 or so definitions of denial, and the posts that were equivalent to "nuh uh", and the second thread that was merged into this one, it would become what, as irrelevant as the OP?

With the over 1000 I've opened I can say definitively that they do not.

Empiricist! :)

I'll take your word for it; especially since that makes more sense than dropping parts. (Also, I suspect this has replace the old BRonze/Silver/Gold and Dye packs.)

The current post count is 1337.

Clearly a sign from the Force in reference to OP and his thread.

It's also interesting that for such a supposedly bogus thread people feel the need to keep reiterating their arguments against it ad nauseum.

The amazing part is, it's like the same 6 people who keep replying. This thread is truly epic and worthy of the 1337 branding.

Guys,

I don't typically post. I believe the last time I posted in these forums was several years ago. I recently returned to SW:TOR and I'm enjoying my casual time so far. DISCLAIMER: *. I've not read through the entire thread and this post of mine is not a reply to anyone on the most recent pages.

Posts like this are quite silly: Kids and Adults worried that their Video Game of choice is not as popular as other players Video Games of choice. That's what it amounts to in the end. It is very sad that this is what gaming has devolved into. A bunch of people complaining about a form of entertainment that doesn't have all the necessary parts they want to entertain themselves with. Rather than enjoying what "IS" in the game you've got people complaining about what "ISNT" in the game. If you don't like it simply don't play it or cancel your subscription/uninstall. I know that is a phrase commonly used in this case, but leave your opinion in the forums (In a less distasteful manor) or the subscription cancellation questionnaire ( Not sure if this game has that ). However, it doesn't require bashing the game itself for not having what you want, or the developers for not adding it in "quick" enough, or other people who disagree with you.

It's no wonder this country (US) has an increasing feel for self entitlement. People want to be handed things without putting in the work. With a society that's growing busier and busier, people come home from work...etc... They just want to sit sit down and "NOT WORK." I understand this; I'm married and have two younger kids. I play for an hour or so on most nights after they go to bed, so I definitely get why people want systems in place that allow more people to "matchmake" at the same time throughout the entire day. It doesn't make it easier to accomplish things without spending half an hour putting together a small team.

On the contrary;

Games used to require you to seek out people to play with or actually adventure into the world. Now you get to stand in a social hub and click a few buttons to get randomly paired with others. Sure in some games (NON MMO) this is actually viable and proven, but in an MMORPG where "sense of adventure, community, and accomplishment" is a driving factor in the longevity of the genre, systems that pair you people across countries, regions, and servers inflate the sense of population to hide mistakes made in planned development and a dying community. It doesn't mean the game is dead itself, it simply means people aren't finding meaningful ways to connect anymore. This is indicative a greater problem.

MMOs thrive on a successful community. This is the whole reason a clans/guild system was put in place. Strip that down and it's nothing more than a simply multiplayer game. Add functions that distort reality such as cross server matchmaking and ( while it may draw in more people ) watch the community dissappear. The only thing holding the game together at that point is daily/weekly quests and capping end game currency. To a certain extent in this game, this works, in other games it works better, and in some it's pointless (*Cough* DESTINY *Cough*).

However, these threads are what turns new players away from even subscribing or simply picking up the F2P version and trying it out. Some people like to research before buying a game and when they stumble upon this kind of thread it's a complete turn off. If your goal is to "Not turn off new players" then maybe approach this issue differently? If you don't necessarily care about that and simply want cross server matchmaking then who am I to argue with that kind of logic? However it proves what I said earlier should that be the case. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the world is not Burger King, you can't always have it your way; then again you're certainly allowed to try!! Personally this game , at this point , would benefit from cross server matching.

I'm not trying to attack anyone and frankly typing on the forums can't really convey the emotion or attitude behind my voice, but something or someone somewhere has to give. EA-BIOWARE had made a conscience effort to switch the focus of the game from a more WoW centric layout to one focused on their strength; story telling and character development within sed story. Whether you like the story or not, that's the direction they've taken the game. We could debate for hours why this is right or wrong, but unless you are on the board of directors at EA or a senior manager at BIOWARE, your pull is only as strong as that of a consumer no matter how loud you scream. If people don't buy into their product they may change course again.

However the case, I don't see any "Star Wars" games created already and into the next decade going any where until the hype of the new movies die down.

Nah, just trying to let this thread die. The OP's no longer around and the majority of the thread is filled with.. well not nice stuff so let it drown. :p

So I take it the OP was right and some people got butthurt? Because it seems to me if any OP was incorrect on any subject (fill in the black) it would not have over 1000 replies. Usually that many responses happens when an OP is correct about whatever issue he/she is discussing and people don't want him to be so they wreck him every chance they get.

True/False?

And I am reading thru this and am trying to figure out why did he stop posting? Did he quit the game? I don't see an explanation anywhere.

So I take it the OP was right and some people got butthurt? Because it seems to me if any OP was incorrect on any subject (fill in the black) it would not have over 1000 replies. Usually that many responses happens when an OP is correct about whatever issue he/she is discussing and people don't want him to be so they wreck him every chance they get.

True/False?

And I am reading thru this and am trying to figure out why did he stop posting? Did he quit the game? I don't see an explanation anywhere.

In your efforts to prop up the OP.. you fail to take into account how actively the OP trolled and groomed his own thread in a very divisive and argumentative manner. If you were to take a careful look through the thread, you would find very little agreement with him, and much disagreement. His intractable compulsion to make ad hominem and passive aggressive swipe at anyone who disagreed with him is the root of most of the posts in this thread. ;)

As for why did he stop..... well.. after having a good run with this one, he tried to launch a couple more, even more inflammatory.. and did not do so well. So, while only he can say for sure, I believe it was a combination of him needing an excuse to take a break and the collective WE wearing him down on his nonsense.

Keep in mind.. the OP never presented facts to support his opinions, even in the face of many who did post facts on record that undercut his extreme views.

Edited by Andryah