The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

Looks at thread title. Looks at who posted thread. Laughs and laughs.

While your laughing, find me anywhere on any post on any thread where I said HARBRINGER was dead, not the game. You should read Bill Oreillys book the no spin zone. You would probly be a huge star in it, lol.

Nice try though.

Harbringer is not the game and the game is not Harbringer. Harbringer is only 1 server within a huge game. And I still stand by the title, that the GAME has died. When you go from 188 USA servers alone to only 8 in which out of the 8 most of them are abandoned servers, then by any standard of reasonable measures the game as a whole has died. One server doesn't make a game.

The fact that I even had to just explain that should tell it all about your small little cult like group who run around these forums screaming and yelling all over that everything is roses and rainbows. And then like any cult does, that when someone points out that the truth of the matter is that your cult is in error you attack like a wild animal and try to destroy the person who is trying to point out your errors.

Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're just going round in circles here - The servers have been changed, the capacity has increased. Did Bioware adjust the trigger levels to accommodate this? We don't know. Without ANY NUMBERS we can't compare any of these things.

Link to this "change"?

The trend is the same with or without the "numbers". The level, whatever level it is, is triggered less and less frequently these days. When did your imaginary change happen?

We're just going round in circles here - The servers have been changed, the capacity has increased. Did Bioware adjust the trigger levels to accommodate this? We don't know. Without ANY NUMBERS we can't compare any of these things.

The numbers are given on the instance window. You can travel to any planet, or to any instance of fleet (if there is more than 1) and count. So your wrong there actually is numbers that you can physically look at within the game 24/7.

Based on how Torstatus works, it's entirely possible that there were more people on the second time, than the first, since BW increased the total number of people that could be on the server between the two graphs. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head.

You think they're increasing capacity daily huh? Because the TREND is consistently downward.

While your laughing, find me anywhere on any post on any thread where I said HARBRINGER was dead, not the game. You should read Bill Oreillys book the no spin zone. You would probly be a huge star in it, lol.

Nice try though.

Harbringer is not the game and the game is not Harbringer. Harbringer is only 1 server within a huge game. And I still stand by the title, that the GAME has died. When you go from 188 USA servers alone to only 8 in which out of the 8 most of them are abandoned servers, then by any standard of reasonable measures the game as a whole has died. One server doesn't make a game.

The fact that I even had to just explain that should tell it all about your small little cult like group who run around these forums screaming and yelling all over that everything is roses and rainbows. And then like any cult does, that when someone points out that the truth of the matter is that your cult is in error you attack like a wild animal and try to destroy the person who is trying to point out your errors.

Replies to me where I quoted that he never said anything was dying whilst I reference his thread title, and then goes on a rampage trying to discredit me? The irony is strong with this one.

You think they're increasing capacity daily huh? Because the TREND is consistently downward.

I think until I get some hard numbers to work with, something that you seem to believe you have, by the way you carry on, that the graphs on Torstatus aren't worth the time it takes to link them.

So, have you dug out these numbers yet? I'm curious to see if I was right, that an actually higher population now reads as a lower percentage than it did a year ago. Hey, you know what would really bolster your argument here? Take screenshots of the graphs while the game's down for maintenance...

Link to this "change"?

The trend is the same with or without the "numbers". The level, whatever level it is, is triggered less and less frequently these days. When did your imaginary change happen?

The capacity increase occurred in late October -- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8565724#edit8565724

Still looking for the exact date of the increase in the pop cap for instances, but it was between then and now.

We can read the trend. That's what we can do. The trend is a decline.

Dont worry mate. Others will bash you for not providing actual numbers ect even they know its not possible. The same happened before FIRST server merges. Yet it happened. Then second time same thing. So many said no its just trend showing wrong and torstatus is false. Yet again server merges happened when i saw those graphics went way out of proportion to make sence. Now its different. We dont have luxury of merging servers anymore - thats it.

Some actually belive Bioware spending money on new hardware and making server bigger player caps amueses me when they struggle getting skeleton crew to make content.

Just dont bother to argue with them if you have been around long enough :)

Edited by Divona

Replies to me where I quoted that he never said anything was dying whilst I reference his thread title, and then goes on a rampage trying to discredit me? The irony is strong with this one.

Spin some more. Are all your cheerleaders liars like you?

Once again for the kiddies. I said I never said that HARBRINGER DIED. I didn't say I never said anything other than that. Of course I said the GAME DIED. Cant you read the title of my thread?

I mean seriously guys, what is wrong with you? I mean for real? I mean seriously, are you kidding me?

I think until I get some hard numbers to work with, something that you seem to believe you have, by the way you carry on, that the graphs on Torstatus aren't worth the time it takes to link them.

So, have you dug out these numbers yet? I'm curious to see if I was right, that an actually higher population now reads as a lower percentage than it did a year ago. Hey, you know what would really bolster your argument here? Take screenshots of the graphs while the game's down for maintenance...

I have what we all have.

The graph doesn't require actual numbers to read it. The trend is obvious.

October 2015 - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=848029

I don;t see it in the patch notes right off around that time.

The capacity increase occurred in late October -- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8565724#edit8565724

Still looking for the exact date of the increase in the pop cap for instances, but it was between then and now.

Thank you to both of you for backing up your claims.

Despite that change, the CURRENT trend is still a decline. I'm comparing the trend of the last 30 days, not 30 months.

Nice try though.

So you're a Bill O'Reilly fan... that explains so much.

Harbinger exists within SWTOR. If SWTOR is dead, then Harbinger must be dead. If Harbinger is alive, then SWTOR must be alive.

Despite that change, the CURRENT trend is still a decline. I'm comparing the trend of the last 30 days, not 30 months.

Begging the question that this is anything other than normal for an MMO entering the summer months. Or for an MMO that is in-between major content releases.

Especially for an MMO of this age.

I have what we all have.

The graph doesn't require actual numbers to read it. The trend is obvious.

Isn't this the same trend last year? What about the year before? What's it look like compared to the first time it took off? That's the problem with trends, they change. They increase, they decrease, they flatline, sometimes at a high rate, sometimes at a low rate, sometimes right in the middle. So if you're going to say "the trend is it's declining, and the game is going to die because of it" you'll need something a bit more substantial than the last 30 days, or the last 60 days. Hey, the general trend is that the pop is lower now than it was at launch. Does that mean that the game's been dying since launch? The correct answer is, of course it does. Everything dies, sooner or later. The "chicken little" mentality required to point at a single trend, on a single site, and PvP queue times when there hasn't been anything added to PvP for 2 years, however, isn't supported anywhere.

Isn't this the same trend last year? What about the year before? What's it look like compared to the first time it took off? That's the problem with trends, they change. They increase, they decrease, they flatline, sometimes at a high rate, sometimes at a low rate, sometimes right in the middle. So if you're going to say "the trend is it's declining, and the game is going to die because of it" you'll need something a bit more substantial than the last 30 days, or the last 60 days. Hey, the general trend is that the pop is lower now than it was at launch. Does that mean that the game's been dying since launch? The correct answer is, of course it does. Everything dies, sooner or later. The "chicken little" mentality required to point at a single trend, on a single site, and PvP queue times when there hasn't been anything added to PvP for 2 years, however, isn't supported anywhere.

All the pretend reasons you wanna make up, don't change the scoreboard.

The trend is obvious to everyone, even you.

So what exactly does that have to do with going from 3-4 republic instances of fleet down to 1 instance of fleet? And what does it have to do with slower que times? I'm not sure why the development team upgrading hardware somehow equates that the game population has not dropped down.

I am giving you examples of what is going on inside the game and your pulling up posts from fall of last year about hardware upgrades? Are you seriously for real? Is this a joke? Hardware upgrades and now SWTOR is all set. Everything is good now, we have new hardware installed Oct of 2015. So we must be all set now right? Game is good now?

Wow, just wow..........

You are correct IMO BUT... ask yourself why?

Has the game changed in the last 30-90 days, no, so what has? The answer is simple, a lot of highly anticipated titles have come out of been in beta and ready to come out that have distracted many players. How long they will keep interest is to be determined.

For example, BnS, BD, Division, Overwatch... have all been popular on streams and such in recent weeks.

Are any of them enough to hold players long term is the real question cause i see faults in every one of them that are as egregious as what i see here.

BnS PvP is little more than organized duelling, BD PvP is more like GW WvW from what ive seen, Division had some major issues and lack of end game, Overwatch, popular but not the same kind of game as i dont think MOBA are competing with MMO.

So... are we thin right now, yes, but is it casue the game is dead/dying, no, not in my opinion. We wont know the fate of this game till they actually make an effort to fix it and return end game content and fix PvP... if they ever do. I believe they will though, the CM is profitable enough to save so the game is, its that simple.

Edited by Floplag

All the pretend reasons you wanna make up, don't change the scoreboard.

The trend is obvious to everyone, even you.

Translation: Um, but I only need 30 days to verify my facts, it doesn't matter if the trend was the same three years ago, it's doing it right now.

Response: It matters a great deal. It matters because every MMO in existence has these same trends, and always has had these same trends. I'd imagine even the mother of them all, WoW has these same trends, although they have a much higher population. So, you're pointing at something that happens to not only every MMO, but every online game, and screaming "the sky is falling", based on an extremely limited sample size. You have done the equivalent of asking 7 people in your WZ if they like PvP and then coming to the forums with "definitive proof" that the general population likes PvP.

So what exactly does that have to do with going from 3-4 republic instances of fleet down to 1 instance of fleet? And what does it have to do with slower que times? I'm not sure why the development team upgrading hardware somehow equates that the game population has not dropped down.

I am giving you examples of what is going on inside the game and your pulling up posts from fall of last year about hardware upgrades? Are you seriously for real? Is this a joke? Hardware upgrades and now SWTOR is all set. Everything is good now, we have new hardware installed Oct of 2015. So we must be all set now right? Game is good now?

Wow, just wow..........

So what? Maybe the game is dying? Or maybe not. But what's it to you? You have some wired kink where predicting a games life cycle gets you off?

Or maybe you just want to be right, so we can all bow to your greater judgement.

If you think the game is dying, and don't like it, then shut the hell up and stop playing. WOW, FF, GW2, NWN, RIft, ESO, (whatever) is -> that way.

Edited by cagthehack

Translation: Um, but I only need 30 days to verify my facts, it doesn't matter if the trend was the same three years ago, it's doing it right now.

Response: It matters a great deal. It matters because every MMO in existence has these same trends, and always has had these same trends. I'd imagine even the mother of them all, WoW has these same trends, although they have a much higher population. So, you're pointing at something that happens to not only every MMO, but every online game, and screaming "the sky is falling", based on an extremely limited sample size. You have done the equivalent of asking 7 people in your WZ if they like PvP and then coming to the forums with "definitive proof" that the general population likes PvP.

This guy is funny. He keeps bouncing between generalities, assumptions, and I-wanna-use-maths when I grow up language to accuse others of doing the same, instead of making points with any sort of supporting evidence.

Edited by Joesixxpack

So what? Maybe the game is dying? Or maybe not. But what's it to you? You have some wired kink where predicting a games life cycle gets you off?

Or maybe you just want to be right, so we can all bow to your greater judgement.

If you think the game is dying, and don't like it, then shut the hell up and stop playing. WOW, FF, GW2, NWN, RIft, ESO, (whatever) is -> that way.

No u. 45

Or maybe you just want to right, so we all bow to your greater judgement.

I will leave when the que pops slow down to a point I don't like. As far as what I am saying about the current condition of the game. If you don't like it then **** and **** of this thread if it bothers you. Otherwise if you don't like it, lump it.

People like you have a real issue with truth. When its uncomfortable for you your reaction to it is kick and scream and flop around like a lunatic. You think by trying to bow up and start acting tuff that if you can make some sort of a point about it that you win or feel better about yourself.

Never said I don't like the game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't like it. But if it dies off to the point where I have to wait for que pops and there is no other server to go to for quicker pops, then as much as I like the game I am gone. And if you don't like that little fact, you can lump it. If that bothers you, well then to dam bad for you.

It would do you good to get over yourself. Take my advice or not. It has no effect on me, but it would do you some good kid.