Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not logged into this game in over 6 weeks. This is the last day of my subscription and figured I would drop in and say my final farewell. Game has been uninstalled so all I can do till my sub ends is post on the forums.

My sub is up in a couple of weeks. Probably leave the game too. Either go back to WOW, or might try ESO or maybe go back to EVE (used to play that as well).

It's too bad too, cause I love the class stories and the SW universe. But really, outside the class stories this game gets boring fast. PVP would normally keep me playing, but it's in terrible shape (buggy maps, and class imbalances) - we've all known PVP has been broken for a while. And BW has done nothing to address it. Raiding is dead.

There is nothing do to except grinding out heroics for rep reward or running the same content with alts over and over. Some people like that, I do not.

I do like the KOTFE story, but I can see the ending on Youtube and not have to worry about treading through endless trash mobs.

I wish you luck and I hope you return soon! If not here, perhaps we'll meet up in another game not long from now. :)

Been playing overwatch. I will hop into your guild mumble if you are online later tonight. I am having a lot of fun with that game. The PVP is just like this game other than it has class balance, larger maps, and ZERO queue times. I wish SWTOR would learn from overwatch's PVP structure and maybe I would return playing this game again. But bioware has made PVP so stale at this point that even a player like me who has played since launch can no longer support this game in its current state.

Ill try to catch up with you on mumble.

Right?! Same 5 people posting daily...

Also...get on earlier tonight :D

Haha, you gonna have to bait me outta my hermit cave of achievement hunting :D

I spent like an hour yesterday killing womp rats on tantooine just to get the achievement. Good lord, what have I become? /emo face :o

Edited by DenariusJay

Been playing overwatch.

Ill try to catch up with you on mumble.

Great game! My son has been playing it compulsively :)

Haha, you gonna have to bait me outta my hermit cave of achievement hunting :D

I spent like an hour yesterday killing womp rats on tantooine just to get the achievement. Good lord, what have I become? /emo face :o

I heard...Syn told me you lost your purse in the sand ;)

Last? Yeah, I've re-evaulated my expectations, he'll be back. Just like last time.

I certainly hope he is.

Do you have anything positive to add or do you just want to make veiled insults and personal attacks?

Edited by TUXs

Do you have anything positive to add or do you just want to make veiled insults and personal attacks?

I'm being positive.

And Tux, it's hard to not make 'veiled insult and personal attacks' when you seem to take anything I say as that as long as I'm disagreeing with you.

If it's that hard, perhaps you should take a break from the forums. Your lack of self control is no excuse.

I don't lack self control, I just don't account for people who think that calling BS, BS is somthing to get angry/frustraited about.

If it's that hard, perhaps you should take a break from the forums. Your lack of self control is no excuse.

Honestly, you should be taking your own advice. You seem very eager to jump on anyone who disagrees with you and your evaluation of the game recently, and very quick to defend someone you agree with, regardless of how insulting they are. I understand that you're deeply frustrated with the game, but you used to be the shining example of a pvp/group orientated player who was willing to discuss things civilly with people of differing playstyles/viewpoints, and quick to call out jerks, even if you agreed with their basic premise. Now you only seem to call out those who have differing views to you.

Edit: Not calling anyone here jerks.

Edited by horrorfaneightys

I don't lack self control, I just don't account for people who think that calling BS, BS is somthing to get angry/frustraited about.

You said it...not me..."it's hard to not make 'veiled insult and personal attacks'". Those are YOUR words...not mine.

You said it...not me..."it's hard to not make 'veiled insult and personal attacks'". Those are YOUR words...not mine.

"when you seem to take anything I say as that as long as I'm disagreeing with you."

It's good to read my posts fully, instead of simply taken one snippet, just so we can ge tthe full picture.

Honestly, you should be taking your own advice. You seem very eager to jump on anyone who disagrees with you and your evaluation of the game recently, and very quick to defend someone you agree with, regardless of how insulting they are. I understand that you're deeply frustrated with the game, but you used to be the shining example of a pvp/group orientated player who was willing to discuss things civilly with people of differing playstyles/viewpoints, and quick to call out jerks, even if you agreed with their basic premise. Now you only seem to call out those who have differing views to you.

Edit: Not calling anyone here jerks.

I've always been quick to defend the players. You guys are 99% of the reason I play this game...I want more of you guys, not less...the same people jumping on MO here are half the reason he decided to quit the game...it bothers me that a few select people can insult others to the point of them saying "ya know what, I quit", without recourse.

But I'll watch myself...:)

I've always been quick to defend the players. You guys are 99% of the reason I play this game...I want more of you guys, not less...the same people jumping on MO here are half the reason he decided to quit the game...it bothers me that a few select people can insult others to the point of them saying "ya know what, I quit", without recourse.

No problems. I came in at F2P and there was lost of hostility towards players like me at the beginning, and you were a shining example of a veteran player who was encouraging and friendly towards us. You still are, most of the time. I just feel that you're been giving MO more of a free pass on some of his behaviour. :)

And of course his own ongoing aggressive, insulting behavior, habit of dismissing with a sneer anything that's not his pet segment of the game, posting under multiple sockpuppets, spamming threads and posts about the demise of the game and the supposed worthlessness of all servers not his own, ignoring direct questions in favor of spamming the definition of "denial"... had nothing, nothing at all to do with anyone's negative reaction to him.

No, not at all, totally undeserved, and he was totally a nice dude driven off by a bunch of mean forum-elites.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

No problems. I came in at F2P and there was lost of hostility towards players like me at the beginning, and you were a shining example of a veteran player who was encouraging and friendly towards us. You still are, most of the time. I just feel that you're been giving MO more of a free pass on some of his behaviour. :)

That's putting it mildly.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I probably have been...but that's because I think he got ripped a new one well before he (as far as I know) began getting upset.

He made this post and it was a legit question...Harbinger is great and VERY healthy...right now....but what happens next time?

Like me, he's probably on his 4th server...he's seen this before too...it crossed my mind as well...I just don't think he deserved the beating he got for asking that.

I probably have been...but that's because I think he got ripped a new one well before he (as far as I know) began getting upset.

He made this post and it was a legit question...Harbinger is great and VERY healthy...right now....but what happens next time?

Like me, he's probably on his 4th server...he's seen this before too...it crossed my mind as well...I just don't think he deserved the beating he got for asking that.

And the double standard rears it's head again.

In regards to MO's other post, I'm conflicted. Would the ''Watch out. We got a badas over here!" meme be appropiate?

Would the ''Watch out. We got a badas over here!" meme be appropiate?

What would you be using it for, just to taunt him? If so...it's inappropriate. If it's to get others to laugh at him...it's inappropriate. In fact, I can't see a good reason to use that meme...what was your reason exactly?