The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companion Clothes

achuzanone

I don't understand why they haven't yet allowed us to customize our companions when it's such a common thing for the classic story companions. Have they ever given any type of reason for denying us the chance to do so with the newer comps?

As for the whole 'slave girl outfit' conversation.. I don't see the problem? I'm female and I have zero issues with the slave girl outfit. It reminds me of Leia in the movies, obviously, but it also reminds me of Arabic/harem styled fashion which is something I've always enjoyed. I tend to pair my slave girl bikini's with some 'puffy' pants instead to further achieve this look and I'm happy with it. I don't mind scantily clad pretty characters because I don't think it diminishes who they are. I don't think a woman's character and personality is diminished simply due to what she wears or doesn't wear. It's that exact type of thinking that emboldens the divide between men and women. If Conan the Barbarian runs around in a loin cloth he's bad *** but if a woman runs around in a slave girl bikini it somehow means she loses her value, then it suddenly means she's being objectified? The mere idea that someones choice of clothing is grounds for judging who they are is so archaic and asinine. As a proud, not stereo typically 'pretty', young and healthy woman I'd like the freedom to wear whatever I want to wear and not be ignorantly judged for it because at the end of the day whether I'm butt naked or dressed in 5 layers of clothing.. I'm still me. Lana, whether she's in a slave girl's outfit or in her thick layers of armor, is still Lana. She's still awesome, she's still a great character.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why they haven't yet allowed us to customize our companions when it's such a common thing for the classic story companions. Have they ever given any type of reason for denying us the chance to do so with the newer comps?

As for the whole 'slave girl outfit' conversation.. I don't see the problem? I'm female and I have zero issues with the slave girl outfit. It reminds me of Leia in the movies, obviously, but it also reminds me of Arabic/harem styled fashion which is something I've always enjoyed. I tend to pair my slave girl bikini's with some 'puffy' pants instead to further achieve this look and I'm happy with it. I don't mind scantily clad pretty characters because I don't think it diminishes who they are. I don't think a woman's character and personality is diminished simply due to what she wears or doesn't wear. It's that exact type of thinking that emboldens the divide between men and women. If Conan the Barbarian runs around in a loin cloth he's bad *** but if a woman runs around in a slave girl bikini it somehow means she loses her value, then it suddenly means she's being objectified? The mere idea that someones choice of clothing is grounds for judging who they are is so archaic and asinine. As a proud, not stereo typically 'pretty', young and healthy woman I'd like the freedom to wear whatever I want to wear and not be ignorantly judged for it because at the end of the day whether I'm butt naked or dressed in 5 layers of clothing.. I'm still me. Lana, whether she's in a slave girl's outfit or in her thick layers of armor, is still Lana. She's still awesome, she's still a great character.

**Stands up and applauds**

And you said it so much nicer than I would have. ;)

I would say this:

"Barbarian dudes" look just as silly going out to adventure in a loincloth as female Jedi do in the dancer getups.

The Leia "slave bikini" look has a context within the movie in which it makes sense. In a game, it makes sense in a certain sort of context as well. That context is not "fighting giant predators on Hoth".

Context matters.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

There's puffy pants in this game!? WHERE!? I NEED THIS!

Any pants that don't look like butt-hugging skinny jeans or pajamajeans would be great...

Also... how puffy? I feel the sudden need to introduce the Sith Empire to the stylish tyranny of Darth Hammer.

( "Please, Hammer, don't force choke him!" )

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I've suggested before that all they have to do is flip the same switch on Lana and Senya and whoever that prevents guys from wearing "female clothing", which would allow them to still wear 95% of the gear out there

And block them from wearing e.g. the definitively non-revealing outfit from the Social vendor on Coruscant. Very modest, and female only... And if you flipped the switch like that, people would dress them as men using men-only clothes.

A lot of cartel customizations for some companions such as T7 you can get of GTN, I admit this will not get you the range of options as the venders but at least give you a few options. I do fully support your request though about having a customization venter on neutral ground

Thanks mate, I'll look into it. A quick fix would be if BW didn't make the appearances bound; goodness knows with 16 characters on Ebonhawk, I could likely find someone to go fetch a companion skin and throw it in the Legacy vault. ;)

And block them from wearing e.g. the definitively non-revealing outfit from the Social vendor on Coruscant. Very modest, and female only... And if you flipped the switch like that, people would dress them as men using men-only clothes.

Are there any male-oly clothes? Or just differences in model between female-worn and male-worn (eg, additional chest support?)

It's the same with the new companions. Why is it that Lana gets s new outfit every time we see her on a new planet (I've seen at least 3 different outfits on her now),

I count at least five.

* Manaan

* Rishi

* Rishi (hologram talking to Kai Z)

* Yavin IV

* KotFE.

It might even be six, but I don't remember what she was wearing on Ziost.

I count at least five.

* Manaan

* Rishi

* Yavin IV

* KotFE.

Her Ziost outfit is basically the same as the outfit that was in Cartel Packs - I haven't checked the details to see if it's exactly the same or not.

Are there any male-oly clothes? Or just differences in model between female-worn and male-worn (eg, additional chest support?)

The very same Social vendor sells a male-only suit. Dirt cheap, requires Social I.

EDIT: and the notoriously non-collectionisable Basic Underwear items for females have a trunks-only male-only version that is just as non-collectionisable, I guess.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Thanks mate, I'll look into it. A quick fix would be if BW didn't make the appearances bound; goodness knows with 16 characters on Ebonhawk, I could likely find someone to go fetch a companion skin and throw it in the Legacy vault. ;)

There are a LOT of things that should be Legacy bound, as far as I'm concerned.

we prob wont get the option to sadly since all the comps who got a new model *lana,koth ect has there armor as a part of there model :(

Wow, umm back to my original thought ...

Do we know they are bound to the model? And if so I guess they could replace the model with one that can be dressed.

I am kind of suspicious of

Where Marr says it is a pity so many of them will have to die.

which is another reason I am wondering if those companions may be going away at the end of KOTFE ?

There are a LOT of things that should be Legacy bound, as far as I'm concerned.

Basically, if it's not: craftable, a reward for repeatable event completion, a reward for time-limited event completion, or requires a token obtained via event completion, it should be collectable. I could be convinced that open-world drops shouldn't be collectable, either, but I don't actually care one way or another.

The maintenance/patch thing ate my previous reply :mad:

Long story short, I support the idea of a companion customization vendor on Odessan, as well as the ability to change the clothes on the new companions.

I want to put Lana in her original outfit, not her KotFE potato sack.

Costumisation vendor would be great.

And also i would love to dress the new Comps with some clothes that fits how i think a Comp should look like.

Lana, Koth, Senia would look nice in the way i would dress em up.

There are so many Clothes i don't have a use for right now but don't wanna sell em cause they look so great.

I count at least five.

* Manaan

* Rishi

* Yavin IV

* KotFE.

Yeah, even more outfits than I remembered! It's so painfully obvious that Lana is the devs' favorite. :mad:

Wow, umm back to my original thought ...

Do we know they are bound to the model?

Looking at Koth (ugh thanks for making me look up koth images blech) and the travesty they try to pass off as his armor in the latest pack (Exiled Revolutionary) you can see its not even remotely the same, the only reason his clothes look decent on him, is because they are part of his body.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Wouldn't you look like that if you were on Tatooine? :p

I'm happy with her gear though and I don't give a flying ffff if others are like "zomgah ****** wear!". :D

I like it. Clearly, the SPF is strong with this one.

I'm not a big fan of bikini-clad characters or companions. As a full-grown man with his own computer and stuff, I can usually find better ... inspiration ... than clunky cartoons in cropped, clipping costumes.

I do, however, like my chick companions to dress like chicks. That means for Nadia, the Elegant Lougewear Top with the Formal Pants skirt (the one you can buy from the Social vendor on your Capital world). Feminine, yet classy. The Exquisite Dancer Top with the Kreia skirt is also a good look when properly dyed.