Companion Clothes

achuzanone

Ditto. Better have collections unlock, though. So many companions would be "bagged" immediately.

And I'd also like the ability to "bag" any player I see wearing the HK helmet. :eek:

Aww, but HK worked for hours in the lab making those for everyone :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, but HK worked for hours in the lab making those for everyone :D

And yet he still forgot to cover the pie hole. :eek:

I thought of the best way to implement the "bag." Make it like the snowballs. Target anyone, apply bag, disable any ability for people to debuff it.

Have I proven myself worthy of a job at BW yet?

And yet he still forgot to cover the pie hole. :eek:

I thought of the best way to implement the "bag." Make it like the snowballs. Target anyone, apply bag, disable any ability for people to debuff it.

Have I proven myself worthy of a job at BW yet?

I don't know... Can you throw in some lag and bugs?

I have a BH that's kitted out to look like a droid. On that character, Mako and Torian are also kitted out to look like droids, with different details.

What you're saying is, you don't think that droid BH should be able to go out in public with droid-Mako or droid-Torian.

What does that have to do with anything I said? If you want to dress them up as droids, fine. That doesn't mean I have to see your droid Mako or droid Torian.

What does that have to do with anything I said? If you want to dress them up as droids, fine. That doesn't mean I have to see your droid Mako or droid Torian.

But if they're fully droidified, how do you know they're Mako or Torian? Imagine that they are droids called M4-K0 and TOR-14N or something.

1) Part of the point of putting a lot of effort into how comps look is so that they look unique, not so that they look like every other single "spawn" of that comp.

2) I'd rather see 15 different Kiras on fleet than another 15 generic NPCs, repeat ad nauseum for 100s of other companions at peak hours.

Now, here's what you originally said:

If companions were handled the way the temporary ones are in ESO, we wouldn't need to change their clothes. ESO changes the companion to look like a generic NPC for all players but the one using the companion. That's what SWTOR needs to start doing. Can't believe they haven't, unique outfits or not, it's just silly to have a million Kira Carsens running around.

How about instead of acting like it's idiotic for anyone to ever be "forced" to see anyone else's comps or how those comps are kitted out, you instead say "I'd like the option to put a generic NPC skin on other people's comps from my own point of view on screen, because of the following reasons" etc.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

1) Part of the point of putting a lot of effort into how comps look is so that they look unique, not so that they look like every other single "spawn" of that comp.

2) I'd rather see 15 different Kiras on fleet than another 15 generic NPCs, repeat ad nauseum for 100s of other companions at peak hours.

Now, here's what you originally said:

How about instead of acting like it's idiotic for anyone to ever be "forced" to see anyone else's comps or how those comps are kitted out, you instead say "I'd like the option to put a generic NPC skin on other people's comps from my own point of view on screen, because of the following reasons" etc.

I'm not acting, it is idiotic. Why am I going to pretend it's not just because you somehow think it's normal to have a thousand versions of the same character running around? Why in the world would you want to see that? Seeing a bunch of troopers and masked Jedi/Sith in place of a bunch of companion clones is a million times preferable. I don't want or need to see the crap people are dressing their female companions in, nor do I care. If you think it should be optional, fine. I never said anything about that. But why you'd ever want multiple clones of your companions running around with other people is beyond me.

Edited by ArkhaanPremiare

I'm not acting, it is idiotic. Why am I going to pretend it's not just because you somehow think it's normal to have a thousand versions of the same character running around? Why in the world would you want to see that? Seeing a bunch of troopers and masked Jedi/Sith in place of a bunch of companion clones is a million times preferable. I don't want or need to see the crap people are dressing their female companions in, nor do I care. If you think it should be optional, fine. I never said anything about that. But why you'd ever want multiple clones of your companions running around with other people is beyond me.

You're coming across as very angry about this, and you seem to be assuming that your preferences are universal.

Between the customizations and the gear, there are rarely clones of my companions running around, if ever.

The appearance of a character is part of the characterization of that character, and in characterizing the companion via appearance, something is also said about what sort of person the player character spends their time with.

Sadly, there are always those players who don't look at it that way, and just try to provoke an interaction or just dress their comps "of the appropriate sex" in stuff that turns them on.

I'd love to be able to customize companion costumes. There are a LOT of options that aren't the dancer/slave ones that can make for interesting options.

Or at least more direct customization ones...

In all honesty, I have bought the 'pub dancer and slave girl outfits, and had Kira in the dancer ones...come to think of it, I think she's still in it. It was an easy to get ahold of orange set at the time I started playing and after KotFE started, while I did recall her back, I only use her for crafting stuff since the companions with just the "phase 1" "upgrade" to the current setup aren't quite as set up properly as the ones that have...though the bracers and belt weren't something that matched that well there.

I prefer to dress my companions myself. I try to give each team a special look and it would be especially nice to be able to do that now when there are so many people using the same characters. I do however think that it will happen one day, that at some point we will be able to customize them again. Just that it isn't ready yet.

So I wait, there has been many changes since I tried the last part of the BETA many years ago, and I guess that there will be a few more coming in. Some I like and some I don't. As long as I enjoy myself while playing my character it's all water under the bridge.

Have fun everyone, and be good to each other.

From a story point of view, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have Lana, Theron, et al, running around in Slave Girl outfits and/or underwear - which you know is what would happen. :eek:

Most likely, there will be some customizations available in the Cartel Market eventually. It seems like too good of a money making idea to pass up. :)

Theron in a slave outfit :)....One can dream right?

^This!

While I hate hate hate to see companions running around blasting away in full slave bikini outfit (okay, can see it on vette) I do prefer to see the options out there and was always nicer to see the companions dressed differently.

You'd notice the companions before, but with the different outfits, it made it less obvious :p

I made Ashara dress up in the slave outfit... Jedi scum :D Vette makes sense as well if you don't take the collar off lol.

Theron's underwear should be a lore outfit!

Ha ha yeah.

I like to dress my own comps too. I hate seeing all the clones hanging around. I'm sick of twenty identical Lanas wherever I go.

At least let us dye the outfit or sell different outfit customization mods if you're so worried we're going to strip Lana and put her in slave gear.

Edited by Coge

I'd love being able to just dress the new comps up but I'd go for customizations as well since it'd take a lot of changes otherwise.

As for the idea of making all companions except your own take on generic npc looks I'd rather not see that and would much rather more options for player customization. Tons of 'generic' sith etc have a good chance of glitching.... or them just all being same model - bringing us back to the gripe about having so many that're the same npc in one area.

• 9 months later...

My issue is why when I go into private chat with Jaesa, and I have her in the dancer outfit, there is a all black armor looking outfit on her. Then you go out of private chat and she is back to normal. Does anyone know what is up with that?

Also on the dancer outfits and some others, so what you want your AVI to look sexy, hell look at some of the movies how the female warriors are dressed, its a game, I don't understand why everyone is so up tight, my avi wears them sometimes also. I look at it like it distracts the enemy LOL they are so busy checking me out I catch them off guard. LOL:D:rolleyes:

I started a new Char and see that the first few companion cannot use any custom clothes at all. Can they never use them or can some of them use clothes later?

Thanks,

Mala

If the companion isn't a playable race or isn't using one of the same body types available to the player they can't be customized.

The new NPC character models created for KOTFE and KOTET like Lana, Koth, Senya, etc, can't be customized either because they're built differently than the character models were pre 4.0. They fall into the category of not using the same body/model type(s) as the player and thus can't be customized. Bioware would either have to create new editable versions of those characters or remake/rebuild those characters with the older art assets.

I would personally rather they have just created the Eternal Throne NPCs with the older art assets given that the Eternal Throne NPCs have such an inconsistent look when paired up against your character. Some of the newer NPC models aren't even consistent with one another. Arcann, Valkorian, Senya, and Koth all use newly created art assets that fit within the same style, however Vaylin while also being a new character model doesn't match up with theirs. The other characters I listed have very noticeable texture differences compared to the vanilla game art assets, most notably with their skin in which you can see things like pores, freckles, moles, etc, where as Vaylin's model looks like some weird half step in between the old art assets and the new ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.