The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grand Chance Cubes and Pack designs

OK so I bought some of the last pack and actually got 'lucky' from 1 chance cube I got the Revanite Champion armour set which I was able to sell for a nice 25M on GTN, other than that I got pure junk from the chance cubes.

I feel as if the chance cubes need to remove a fair chunk of what they can give you as to get a random title that does not even sell well is poor.

I also feel as if the chance cubes should be in addition to the normal drops not in place of actual gear from the pack its heartbreaking to see a double chance cube drop from a single pack. in the few hypercrates I have opened since it's introduction I have found that the drop rate for a chance cube seems well over 50% after opening all packs.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I seem to always get blasters or rifles, the games telling me to take up arms.. Or at least roll more BH alts :D

Eh, I think I found the best look for a BH before I left - it just looks perfect:

-That "Unfettered Trenchcoat" thing with a brown / white dye module,

-I think I used Mira's pants / boots / gauntlet / belt? Definitely the gauntlet, guessing about the rest, haven't used her since I came back yet

-The "sawed-off carbine" from the Bounty Week event.

Works best for a Powertech due to the one-pistol setup. I think it works out really well - at least for a female. If mine was a guy, I'd probably want a shirt on under that trenchcoat. The gun looks like a blaster rifle she's using with one hand, which is perfect. Or like a sawed-off double-barreled shotgun.

Eh, I think I found the best look for a BH before I left - it just looks perfect:

-That "Unfettered Trenchcoat" thing with a brown / white dye module,

-I think I used Mira's pants / boots / gauntlet / belt? Definitely the gauntlet, guessing about the rest, haven't used her since I came back yet

-The "sawed-off carbine" from the Bounty Week event.

Works best for a Powertech due to the one-pistol setup. I think it works out really well - at least for a female. If mine was a guy, I'd probably want a shirt on under that trenchcoat. The gun looks like a blaster rifle she's using with one hand, which is perfect. Or like a sawed-off double-barreled shotgun.

both of my BH are now getting a nice look, sadly none of it comes from the huge amount of pack blasters lol

• 2 weeks later...
Pack design from the next shipment should be something like this:

Slot 1: Random new item from the new shipment - Mount, Armor, Deco, Weapon, etc. (guaranteed)

Slot 2: 50-50% Chance on a random new item from the new shipment or a Grand Chance Cube

Slot 3: Companion gift of artifact quality at least (come on, leave us with those green / blue quality stuff)

Slot 4: Jawa Junk or Cartel Certificate (let's say, 5-10% chance)

I strongly support this. Although I'd like to see the companion gift removed (we have so many other ways to get those) in favor of a 25% chance of: a.) another Grand Chance Cube ; b.) Jawa Junk ; c.) Cartel Certificate ; d.) reputation token from prior pack.

Agree with this right here.

Thread update - Visionary Alliance Pack

At least for me it seems that the GCC and overall drop-rate was tweaked a little bit or this time I got lucky.

Awaiting on your feedback about this - did you got less GCCs and more new items or same as before?

During the last two shipments for me there were 34-36 GCCs, more than 50% of the items. This time I've got "only" 23, which is a more favorable ratio and just 3 packs contained double-GCCs.

Also, the gold quality drop-rate was much more better, got all gold decos (even some duplicates), few armor boxes, the QO-77 companion and also the Acklay (which made me very happy as that was my main target).

Received a lot of the new silver sabers (still no sign of the Arbiter tho, and the more I look at it, the less I like it - just for the sake of collection it'd be nice to have it), plus huge amount of color crystals.

Once again, I don't know if this is the normal drop now, or I got lucky just one time - please post your experiences about the new shipment.

The GCCs contained very few items of value (e.g. Sablefur Kowakian Monkey pet), most of them were 50-100k already owned or unsellable thingies.

I bought a Super Crate (5 pack) of this pack and the last one. Opening the Visionary packs, I only got three new items; but opening the last packs, I only got three chance cubes. xD Small sample size, of course, but I doubt they changed the drop rate of the chance cubes.

IMHO packs should guarantee at least one new item. However, the obvious issue is that it would mean that every pack was guaranteed at least one silver item, which would make the silver items way too common, especially considering how few of them there are. :( I'd like it if they went back to having gold, silver and bronze new items for each pack, with a smallish chance that the jawa scrap will be replaced by a grand chance cube.

• 4 weeks later...

Thread update - Plunderer's Alliance Pack

Okay, I should have known that after the last pack's relatively acceptable rate I will be doomed this time.

Still, I took the Chance (ha-ha) and picked up a hypercrate.

Results are awful, and not only due to the GCCs, from which I got 28 pieces this time.

Received a few gold items: 3 armor packs and 2 decos - rest is silver and GCCs...

Apart from this, what really made me mad this time are the rarity of the mounts. Of course people are after the new Corellian Stardrive (the flourish is awesome of course) and the Vorn Tiger - let's make those gold.

Yeah, there's the crappy load lifter, but it also has flourish so it's also a gold.

That's it, 3 mounts out of four are gold... And from 30 packs I got exactly ZERO mounts.

This is more annoying than the whole GCC thing. I already forgot the Unstable Sabres, but seeing them uglier every time I check on them I can safely say they are not desired by me anymore.

Of course, there were no sign of the new weapon effect, which I guess has about 1% ultra-super-rare drop rate and will be around somewhere 10+ millions on the GTN.

In the GCCs there were the usual stuff: lots of dyes, tons of worthless bronze stuff, only thing worth mentioning is the Commemorative Statue of Darth Marr, which I miss from my collection but I will see how much the weapon effect will cost before using it up...

Easy come - easy go.

Still waiting on what Bioware's point in the story since there is a suspicious silence since they asked for "feedback". I'd be surprised if there'd be no more GCCs after this Alliance Shipment ends in 4 months.

You people kill me. Complain and complain and yet time and again you purchase the new pack the moment they hit the market spending money like it's going out of style.

If you are not happy and want change then don't buy the crates in their current state and voice your desire to see change implemented. After all your money speaks louder than any post will ever speak.

Otherwise you should just purchase your pack and ACCEPT you are engaging in high-stakes gambling. You are not guaranteed to win anything, that is the nature of gambling. If you are having difficulty accepting that then I suggest you visit any one of a number of sites aiming to help online gambling addiction.

Edited by sethdil

I may agree with you on some point, not buying the packs would be the best way - if they'd listen to it.

Call me naive, but I believe posting on the forums and calling in people to support / share ideas is a better way.

Usually I won't complain about every single issue, but in some cases I stand behind the community and "add" my voice, hoping people can make a change.

We've seen this before, it can happen.

My point in the whole thing is to collect some information (call it data) for a bit of analysis and making conclusions.

Also, Eric asked to "keep the feedback coming" as reviews on the packs are "mixed".

Well here's the feedback, but there is silence from their side...

Gambling-addiction? Nope, I already skipped out a few packs where there's nothing I like and buy the few items off of the GTN.

I really wanted to have the mounts (Vorn Tiger and the Stardrive) plus went for the weapon tuning mods...

As with the Unstable Arbiter Sabers, they threw the bait in again with weapon tunings, knowing that people will leap on them as it is a new feature with a good idea, but...

The drop-rate was set so low that basically only the really lucky few got hold of it. And not including them in Collections was the "brightest idea" to turn up the sales of CM packs.

GTN prices will skyrocket like hell, another great idea wasted on the altar of the Cartel Market (I estimate around 10 million per mod even on highly-populated servers).

I may agree with you on some point, not buying the packs would be the best way - if they'd listen to it.

Call me naive, but I believe posting on the forums and calling in people to support / share ideas is a better way.

Usually I won't complain about every single issue, but in some cases I stand behind the community and "add" my voice, hoping people can make a change.

We've seen this before, it can happen.

My point in the whole thing is to collect some information (call it data) for a bit of analysis and making conclusions.

Also, Eric asked to "keep the feedback coming" as reviews on the packs are "mixed".

Well here's the feedback, but there is silence from their side...

Gambling-addiction? Nope, I already skipped out a few packs where there's nothing I like and buy the few items off of the GTN.

I really wanted to have the mounts (Vorn Tiger and the Stardrive) plus went for the weapon tuning mods...

As with the Unstable Arbiter Sabers, they threw the bait in again with weapon tunings, knowing that people will leap on them as it is a new feature with a good idea, but...

The drop-rate was set so low that basically only the really lucky few got hold of it. And not including them in Collections was the "brightest idea" to turn up the sales of CM packs.

GTN prices will skyrocket like hell, another great idea wasted on the altar of the Cartel Market (I estimate around 10 million per mod even on highly-populated servers).

Even if YOU choose not to purchase packs, there are plenty of people that DO purchase them. All you have to do is to read these threads, full of people who purchased MULTIPLE HYPERCRATES to know that.

Even if all the people crying and whining about not hitting the jackpot were to stop buying packs, the packs would still be selling like hotcakes.

Some buy packs to sell unopened on the GTN, and more purchase packs to open, but don't come whining and crying on the forums when they don't hit the jackpot.

BW has no reason to "listen" to the crying and whining (feedback) since their current pack design is raking in the revenue.

If you want those mounts and the weapon tuning, you might want to get started farming credits.

Even if YOU choose not to purchase packs, there are plenty of people that DO purchase them. All you have to do is to read these threads, full of people who purchased MULTIPLE HYPERCRATES to know that.

Even if all the people crying and whining about not hitting the jackpot were to stop buying packs, the packs would still be selling like hotcakes.

Some buy packs to sell unopened on the GTN, and more purchase packs to open, but don't come whining and crying on the forums when they don't hit the jackpot.

BW has no reason to "listen" to the crying and whining (feedback) since their current pack design is raking in the revenue.

If you want those mounts and the weapon tuning, you might want to get started farming credits.

I suspect that they already decided what to do in the future, just don't want to back off from the concept now.

They'll run the current Alliance Shipments out as they are and with the new shipments they'll introduce something new. Or maybe test it with the HK Alliance pack.

I see what you mean and partially I agree with it - still, I think giving feedback is important.

Even if there are more posts about it, I try to follow-up things.

And if you've seen my previous post in this thread, I've had more luck there and thought things have been tweaked a little. Now I know that I had some good rolls and got the items I really wanted...