Mara's and Sents need a slight survivability buff.

Zero_Unlimited

For a face to face class who jumps into the thick of things, and for a class whose damage increases as it's attacked (rebuke/cloak of pain + talent that increases fury/centering while attacked,) we should be able to take a little abuse before we die in pvp. As it stands now, we are practically glass cannons. I'm not asking for additional cooldowns, but lets be honest here. Rebuke/cloak of pain doesn't seem to help that much. I like that the class revolves around that particular cooldown for pve, but in pvp more defense is needed elsewhere.

For the sake of argument, I will be comparing our class to our cousin classes Guardian and Juggernaut. Guardian/Jugg's cooldowns are significantly better. Over a year ago, a patch was released that let Undying/Gaurded by the force got nerfed so that the 50% damage reduction comes after the effect ended with the logic that "healers could heal them to full during the effect." Around the same time, you gave Jugg's/Guardian's Enraged/Focused Defense, which let them heal to full all on their own, while stunned no less. (I'm still trying to figure that one out Combat Team). And while i'm glad that Undying/Guarded by the force has no health cost now, it only lasts 3-5 seconds, and 9 times out of 10 when you pop it you're stunned immediately after, and get practically no use out of it unless you have a white bar. If we compare this to say, our cousin Juggernaut/Gaurdian class, they can pop their Enraged/Focused Defense, while stunned, making full use of it in any situation.

Now let's look at Saber Reflect. Saber reflect is unlike any cooldown the sentinel/marauder has. It is basically 3-5 seconds of immunity from 90% of attacks. It is essentially a mini-undying rage/Gaurded by the Force that has the added benefit of sending damage back to the attacker, at a much higher magnitude than rebuke. The only cooldown that sentinel/marauder has that is close in any way is pacify/obsfuscate, which only makes 90% of white damage attacks miss. Sadly most hard hitting abilities are force and tech, and so this cooldown is really only good for much less than half of the attacks that will be thrown at you, and it has the added decrement of only being able to target one person with it.

Now an argument can be made that Jugg's/Guardian's are supposed to be more survivable than sents/mara's because they may parse lower (pve), or they tank, or whatever. I'm not asking to make Sent/Mara survivability the same as Guardian/Jugg, but simply to close the massive gap between the two classes. In order to do this, I propose the following changes:

1) Make Undying Rage usable while stunned. Other classes, sorcerer's, juggernauts, powertechs, have a defensive they can use while stunned to save their hides, sentinel's and Mara's need one too. It's all to easy to chain stun a sentinel/marauder and blow him up faster than any of the previously mentioned classes. The ability to activate rebuke while stunned is USELESS. Guarded/Undying usable while stunned will prevent or limit the classic chain/stun death. To balance this, I suggest altering the Undying/Enduring talent in the Heroic tier that increases the duration and lowers the cooldown, to simply increase the duration and allow it to be used while stunned.

2) Make Brazen or Stoic passive abilities! Having this in the talent tree pretty much ensures that all sentinel's marauder's are stuck choosing this talent for both pve and pvp, and this limits other talent choices. Seriously, this would allow for other seletion in the skillful tier, increase the defense of the class (baseline), and be a huge quality of life improvement.

3)Make Pacify/Obfuscate lower the target's chance to hit you with Force and Tech attacks. This will actually make the cooldown useful for things other than blocking a Ravage or Blazing Bolts. The cooldown is useless against sorcs and sages, and this change would also alleviate that. Changing the cooldown in this manner will fix these things, and won't be overpowered as it still won't be as good as saber reflect, which reflects and prevents damage from multiple attackers instead of the single target that pacify/Obfuscate does.

Just those three things, that's all I want. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Or should I just l2play and reroll Jugg to pvp on? :rolleyes:

Edited by Zero_Unlimited

Personally I feel increasing survivability would make the class more like juggs which would be a step in the wrong direction. Sents wear medium armor and we are supposed to be fast and hard hitting. A better burst would be a better proposal. Id like to see the class out burst pyrotech in close up combat. A little better cc immunity would be a huge improvement and better anti kiting tools as well.

Personally I feel increasing survivability would make the class more like juggs which would be a step in the wrong direction. Sents wear medium armor and we are supposed to be fast and hard hitting. A better burst would be a better proposal. Id like to see the class out burst pyrotech in close up combat. A little better cc immunity would be a huge improvement and better anti kiting tools as well.

Our burst is fine in carnage and fury trees. No, it may not be as sudden and as fast or as easy to set up as AP powertech's burst, but it's certainly close imo. We have plenty of anti kiting tools, with the talent that makes predation remove movement impairing effects and increases it's movement speed by 30%, a talent that roots on cirppling slash (throw), and a talent that makes mad dash break movement impairing effects. If you find yourself constantly getting kited you're doing it wrong.

As far as "fast and hard hitting" goes, sents are currently one of the highest parsing classes in the game right now (pve) and i'm afraid that any attempt to make the class more bursty for pvp's sake, would lead them to nerf the sustained long-term parse damage in pve, or just nerf the class so it parses like crap in general. We need to be more like juggs for pvp if we want to survive long enough to do any hard hitting damage. You can't do any damage if you're dead.

Edited by Zero_Unlimited

We survive plenty long enough imo. The problem is we get kited easily which makes is stay in combat longer. The longer we stay in combat the worse it is for us without support. We don't need a buff in survivability like I said. We are fine, we can last almost as long as jugs with all ig our cooldowns up. If you want more survivabilty you should play aas a jug, what makes this class special is its ability to melt targets,if we're getting kited and cc all the time it makes it hard to do. The main problem is our slows and roots are ineffective against healers since they are immune to them when on resolve.

Ive played against a lot of bad mara who think they can face roll anyone. This class require finess to play unlike juggs. If survivabilty is your biggest problem maybe you should rethink your play style.

Edited by chosonman

Our burst is fine in carnage and fury trees. No, it may not be as sudden and as fast or as easy to set up as AP powertech's burst, but it's certainly close imo. We have plenty of anti kiting tools, with the talent that makes predation remove movement impairing effects and increases it's movement speed by 30%, a talent that roots on cirppling slash (throw), and a talent that makes mad dash break movement impairing effects. If you find yourself constantly getting kited you're doing it wrong.

As far as "fast and hard hitting" goes, sents are currently one of the highest parsing classes in the game right now (pve) and i'm afraid that any attempt to make the class more bursty for pvp's sake, would lead them to nerf the sustained long-term parse damage in pve, or just nerf the class so it parses like crap in general. We need to be more like juggs for pvp if we want to survive long enough to do any hard hitting damage. You can't do any damage if you're dead.

And you can only choose 2 of those 3 talents since they are top tier talents. Predation removes roots but doesn't prevent them, so after you've popped it, one of the other 7 sorcs on the enemy team can just overload and root you again.

Not to mention if you want the crippling slash root to be any good, you have to spend another talent point just to give it a 10M range. No other class has to spend multiple utility points just to make one move in PvP viable.

I absolutely do better solo with my Jugg, but with a group that can heal me? Marauders definitely excel. I do think a slight buff in defenses would help, but I do agree that granting self-healing wouldn't be what I would like to see because I don't want Maras playing like Juggs.

Not really. Your damage is insanely strong (the good kind of insane) and your cds are good.

If you want to survive longer play a jugg, mara doesn't need more dcds because it has incredible damage.

You are hard hitting melee with good dcd but not facetanky.

Edited by aristrokratie

Not really. Your damage is insanely strong (the good kind of insane) and your cds are good.

If you want to survive longer play a jugg, mara doesn't need more dcds because it has incredible damage.

You are hard hitting melee with good dcd but not facetanky.

The idea is to make them less tanky than juggs, but more durable than they are now. Having played all 5 melee classes in pvp, I would argue that Marauders and Sentinels are the squishiest of all the melee classes.

The idea is to make them less tanky than juggs, but more durable than they are now. Having played all 5 melee classes in pvp, I would argue that Marauders and Sentinels are the squishiest of all the melee classes.

They are not. Shadows squish MUCH faster, in addition to having less burst (as deception) and less utility. Sents are currently in a very good place, and their survivability is just fine.

Also, the survivability gap between maras and juggs isn't that high, the skill gap is. Juggs have a couple of ok cooldowns that require little to no thought when using them, while maras need to think which cooldown is best at what time.

Edited by Greezt

They are not. Shadows squish MUCH faster, in addition to having less burst (as deception) and less utility. Sents are currently in a very good place, and their survivability is just fine.

Also, the survivability gap between maras and juggs isn't that high, the skill gap is. Juggs have a couple of ok cooldowns that require little to no thought when using them, while maras need to think which cooldown is best at what time.

to be honest i'd work on rebuke/cloak, but i've no ideas that would turn it in OP. it's ok to last longer but nothing more than relieve on healer pressure, uptime is good.

GBTF is fine, activating it while stunned should be an utility at least

or we could use a stronger cleanse on camo, or camo while stunned instead of on GBTF

i like the trade with juggs dps for survival capability. 1v1 are really interesting lately

Shadows squish much faster if you don't use stealth and try to 1v1 someone without it. Unlike Sentinels, Shadows can stealth out, and heal to full. Add that to the fact that shadows can start combat in stealth, which almost ensures that the shadow will never get opened up on in arenas, where as sentinels are easily the first targets (behind mercs and snipers.) Shadow's Deflection is comparable to saber ward, but deflection's chance to evade or parry is 20% stronger and the effect lasts 25% longer. Shadows can become immune to yellow damage all together, while becomming immune to stuns at the same time. Comparably, sentinel can become practically immune to all damage, but simply get stunned, and it's effect wasted. Shadows also have a talent that lets them take 30% less damage while stunned unlike sentinels, which makes it more likely for the sentinel to get chain stunned and zerged to death faster than the shadow. All that being said, I disagree, a sentinel is squishier than a shadow imo.

Edited by Zero_Unlimited

Shadows squish much faster if you don't use stealth and try to 1v1 someone without it. Unlike Sentinels, Shadows can stealth out, and heal to full. Add that to the fact that shadows can start combat in stealth, which almost ensures that the shadow will never get opened up on in arenas, where as sentinels are easily the first targets (behind mercs and snipers.) Shadow's Deflection is comparable to saber ward, but deflection's chance to evade or parry is 20% stronger and the effect lasts 25% longer. Shadows can become immune to yellow damage all together, while becomming immune to stuns at the same time. Comparably, sentinel can become practically immune to all damage, but simply get stunned, and it's effect wasted. Shadows also have a talent that lets them take 30% less damage while stunned unlike sentinels, which makes it more likely for the sentinel to get chain stunned and zerged to death faster than the shadow. All that being said, I disagree, a sentinel is squishier than a shadow imo.

Sentinels can stealth out and heal to full too. I do it all the time. We call shadows that don't open up in stealth a dead shadow. Sent is better.

Sentinels can stealth out and heal to full too. I do it all the time. We call shadows that don't open up in stealth a dead shadow. Sent is better.

Sentinels can sneak away, but they don't drop combat, it takes forever for them to wait for combat to end for them to heal to full. Waiting that long in an arena will most likely mean all the rest of your teammates are dead. In regular warzones it's often faster to die and respawn than it is to wait for combat to drop after using force camo.

Sentinels can sneak away, but they don't drop combat, it takes forever for them to wait for combat to end for them to heal to full. Waiting that long in an arena will most likely mean all the rest of your teammates are dead. In regular warzones it's often faster to die and respawn than it is to wait for combat to drop after using force camo.
you can drop threat by moving far away (unless someone dots you) with transcendence you can cover the whole map in seconds. And most maps have health power up nodes which I use all the time. Edited by chosonman

Shadows have exactly 3 DCDs, 4 if you count battle readiness (which is useless on its own). Deflection - 3 minutes cooldown, only works vs. melee/ranged, 12 seconds duration. Very situational at best. Resilience - 1 minute cooldown, works on all yellow damage, 5 seconds with a utility that's a must. One of the best CDs in the game. Force cloak - 3 minutes cooldown, works on all yellow damage for 3 seconds and lets you heal up. Another great DCD. Apart from that... Nothing. Infiltration also has blackout as a DR increase, and serenity can use their AoE taunt as a DCD (although it's usually a waste). Both are nice.

I really don't need to list all the DCDs that sents have. Saber ward is better than deflection. Rebuke has up to 30 seconds uptime. Transcendence is on a 30 seconds cooldown and is nice to have (though not incredible). Pacify is arguably the best single target DCD in the game. Guarded by the force is pretty much resilience, only it works against all damage. Force camo every 45 seconds... Not to mention awe.

I really don't see the problem. Sents are in a great place, DCD wize and DPS wize.

Edited by Greezt

Shadows have exactly 3 DCDs, 4 if you count battle readiness (which is useless on its own). Deflection - 3 minutes cooldown, only works vs. melee/ranged, 12 seconds duration. Very situational at best. Resilience - 1 minute cooldown, works on all yellow damage, 5 seconds with a utility that's a must. One of the best CDs in the game. Force cloak - 3 minutes cooldown, works on all yellow damage for 3 seconds and lets you heal up. Another great DCD. Apart from that... Nothing. Infiltration also has blackout as a DR increase, and serenity can use their AoE taunt as a DCD (although it's usually a waste). Both are nice.

I really don't need to list all the DCDs that sents have. Saber ward is better than deflection. Rebuke has up to 30 seconds uptime. Transcendence is on a 30 seconds cooldown and is nice to have (though not incredible). Pacify is arguably the best single target DCD in the game. Guarded by the force is pretty much resilience, only it works against all damage. Force camo every 45 seconds... Not to mention awe.

I really don't see the problem. Sents are in a great place, DCD wize and DPS wize.

Awe isn't a defensive cooldown it's a CC. If you're arguing that it, like all CC can be used defensively, then you'd have to include shadows numerous cc's in their DCD pool for the sake of your argument. Low Slash, Force Lift, Force Stun, Spinning Kick, Mind Maze, etc. In that case shadows would have more "DCD's" and still win.

Not including CC's Sentinel has 5 Defensive cooldowns. Transcendence is a mobility/offensive/anti-kiting cooldown, whose defense increase is laughably negligible, so it doesn't count.

Pacify is crap, in that it is only good against white damage. Pacify does nothing to yellow damage, which is the majority of damage from the majority of specs. Using pacify does literally nothing against dots, the assassins or operatives burst tree, sages and sorcs in general, Fury/Rage tree's auto crit, carnage combat, auto crit, tactics/ap VG's thermal detanator/cell burst, etc, etc.

Now that we've established that pacify is severely limited in it's usefulness that compares to the shadow's 4 DCD's that you've mentioned to the sentinel's now 4 (disregarding the semi-useless pacify). Resilience is a much better cooldown than GBtF/Undying because you get a free cleanse, you're immune to CC during it's duration, and you're immune to the majority of damage, and the cooldown is 1 minute vs GBtF/Undying's 3 (2:30 if talented). As i've said in a previous post, you pop undying, you get stunned, and it's effect wasted. That simply doesn't happen with resilience. If I had to choose between the two cooldowns, I'd choose resilience.

Force camo is only up as long as you aren't doing anything. The moment you activate any ability it's gone. Even with the camo cleanse talent, it doesn't cleanse most dots, or thermal grenades, or any of the crap that shadows/operatives can cleanse if they talent their stealth out. Camo is really only good for taking the focus off of you, or running away to the nearest medpack. If you're dying/almost dead the moment you pop out of it, the opposing team will see that you're low on health and jump right on you again if they know what they are doing. This is common in arenas.

I'm not asking for a buff to make sentinels easy, but it should be noted that sentinels have received little in the way of new defenses since 1.0, where as other classes have. All I'm saying is that there is a reason that most people would rather queue for ranked on their guardian than their sentinel. There's also a reason that sentinels are high on the "focus first" list in arenas, and that is because sentinels are easier to blow up with focus fire than other ACs. As a matter of fact, almost no one likes to focus guardian's first because they're cooldowns are so godly that it takes forever to kill them. That very fact should point out a discrepancy in the balance between the two classes.

Edited by Zero_Unlimited

Between Guarded/Undying Camo and our wealth of kiting utilities, our class boasts the beefiest clutch defenses in the game. The real issue arises when we are targeted for any extended period of time, or are ignored while a DCD is active, then revisited when it falls off. Rebuke/Cloak is decent, but it never saved anyone from a double burst dps gang-up. It has so much to lose should attackers brush you off and allow the duration to fall off un-refreshed. We don't have a self heal button, our stealth is limited (which is okay), but suffer medium armor and weak passive defense.

I've said it here before, and I'll re-pitch it now. I feel the answer lies with Saber Ward. For a DCD with such comparatively moderate protection, the cooldown time is horrendous, and its utilities hardly do it justice. Powerhouse moves like Enraged Defense, Adrenaline Rush or Force Barrier all trump this move with similar or faster cooldowns. I propose one of three things change to remedy this:

- Have Jedi Promulgator/Cloak of Anni affect Saber Ward instead of Rebuke/Cloak, and adjust for balance. It's a useless utility and has no place being where it is. Should the "you can't have 2 utillities for the same DCD" argument arise, shuffle it with Zealous/Blood Ward and give Rebuke/Cloak a nerfed version of the self-heals instead.

-Buff Saber Ward's duration and/or cooldown. Shadow/Sin mains will cry foul here since Deflection is weaker with a faster cooldown, but they have the advantage in possibly being able to use it twice in a drawn out Ranked fight, and it's just more available in Regs. We lack that option entirely with Saber Ward, and it's rather silly to have two defensives with such poor cooldowns.

- Buff Saber Ward's defense/mitigation, then scale Focused/Enraged Defense back down to accommodate the buff to our cousin class.

I feel any of these options are a fair trade given that the skill ceiling to survival is higher for this class than any other sans Scound/Ops. Some have heavy armor or/and self-heals, others have insane kiting and stealth - all of them reactionary abilities. Ours, however, rely on anticipation. The effectiveness of every single one of our defenses are contingent upon actually being attacked or focused at the moment we use them, so it makes sense that the developers bolster it further. Without a self-heal or stronger vanilla class defense, we're simply *not* self-sufficient, and that's okay. But our defenses need to reflect what we're sacrificing for it, and Saber Ward doesn't make the cut right now. Pls buff moar ;)

Edited by Trogusaurus

Awe isn't a defensive cooldown it's a CC. If you're arguing that it, like all CC can be used defensively, then you'd have to include shadows numerous cc's in their DCD pool for the sake of your argument. Low Slash, Force Lift, Force Stun, Spinning Kick, Mind Maze, etc. In that case shadows would have more "DCD's" and still win.

Not including CC's Sentinel has 5 Defensive cooldowns. Transcendence is a mobility/offensive/anti-kiting cooldown, whose defense increase is laughably negligible, so it doesn't count.

Pacify is crap, in that it is only good against white damage. Pacify does nothing to yellow damage, which is the majority of damage from the majority of specs. Using pacify does literally nothing against dots, the assassins or operatives burst tree, sages and sorcs in general, Fury/Rage tree's auto crit, carnage combat, auto crit, tactics/ap VG's thermal detanator/cell burst, etc, etc.

Now that we've established that pacify is severely limited in it's usefulness that compares to the shadow's 4 DCD's that you've mentioned to the sentinel's now 4 (disregarding the semi-useless pacify). Resilience is a much better cooldown than GBtF/Undying because you get a free cleanse, you're immune to CC during it's duration, and you're immune to the majority of damage, and the cooldown is 1 minute vs GBtF/Undying's 3 (2:30 if talented). As i've said in a previous post, you pop undying, you get stunned, and it's effect wasted. That simply doesn't happen with resilience. If I had to choose between the two cooldowns, I'd choose resilience.

Force camo is only up as long as you aren't doing anything. The moment you activate any ability it's gone. Even with the camo cleanse talent, it doesn't cleanse most dots, or thermal grenades, or any of the crap that shadows/operatives can cleanse if they talent their stealth out. Camo is really only good for taking the focus off of you, or running away to the nearest medpack. If you're dying/almost dead the moment you pop out of it, the opposing team will see that you're low on health and jump right on you again if they know what they are doing. This is common in arenas.

I'm not asking for a buff to make sentinels easy, but it should be noted that sentinels have received little in the way of new defenses since 1.0, where as other classes have. All I'm saying is that there is a reason that most people would rather queue for ranked on their guardian than their sentinel. There's also a reason that sentinels are high on the "focus first" list in arenas, and that is because sentinels are easier to blow up with focus fire than other ACs. As a matter of fact, almost no one likes to focus guardian's first because they're cooldowns are so godly that it takes forever to kill them. That very fact should point out a discrepancy in the balance between the two classes.

Not all CCs are DCDs... AoE CCs are. Please don't try to compare a single target 4 second hardstun to an AoE mezz. Spinning kick can be considered a DCD only on kinetic combat, unless you're implying that CCing someone from stealth for 2 seconds is defensive in any way. Same goes for mind maze. Force lift... if you spec it to instacast it can be a semiDCD, but otherwise it's pretty much useless.

Transcendence is a passive 10% defense chance for 10 out of 30 seconds. Yup, completely junk. It doesn't work on yellow damage, true, but for all white damage it works just fine. Sentss, guardians, shadows, slingers, vanguards, mandos... All those have heavy hitters that are white damage. I can see why it's bad, though. You want to be protected from everything.

Pacify is not crap, for the reasons stated above. if a sniper is lining up an ambush on you, pacify and kill them. It works on spinning strike, shadow strike, high impact bolt, most of slingers/mandos damage... So not crap at all. it's single target, which means you need to choose your target carefully, but it's off GCD and you can essentially completely stop damage from a single target for 6 seconds. Are you confusing shield chance with defence? Because defence works BEFORE crit chance. So pacify works on autocrits too.

GBTF is not "wasted" even if you are stunned. You just got a window of no damage. How is that a waste? Because you wanna keep putting up incredible numbers while being immune?

If I had to choose between sent and shadow burst, I'd choose sent... Each class has its pros and cons, and saying "but their DCD is better!" is nothing short of whining.

I don't know how you do not get this, but shadows/scoundrels are a STEALTH class. If they didn't have a cleanse, DoTs would be a hard counter to stealth, and they would be unplayable. Sents are NOT a stealth class. They do not DESERVE a cleanse. They have incredible burst, good utility and good passive defensives (not counting all the active ones, because I'm doing just that right now). No, they won't get a cleanse, just like vanguards, guardians and slingers don't get one.

Force camo is good for a bunch of stuff. Mitigating incoming burst (or ignoring it), closing distance to a ranged DPS, and yes running away too. Force cloak is good for the exact same things, so what's the problem? Force cloak can ignore yellow damage with a utility, but a good DPS will use white AoE and you're back in battle. So yeah, you have pros and cons there too.

Sents are focused before guardians because a BAD sent dies faster, and because a GOOD sent hits like a steamroller. Two very good reasons to focus sents. Slingers are focused for the same reasons,as are mandos. Or are you asking to be strong enough defensively that the opposition will give up on attacking you?

Edited by Greezt

1) Make Undying Rage usable while stunned.

I've thought about this in the past before. Honestly, it seems like a reasonable change. I know there was a debate about how defensive the sentinel should be. Honestly, the sentinel doesn't have the best cooldowns, but for the class and play style, I think they are fine. If GBTF while stunned is added, then I don't think the class will suddenly become extremely good defensively. It would be nice to have, but not required.

Because I thought about this before, my opinion is coming from what I have experienced with stuns & GBTF. I feel like people will disagree with me lol.

2) Make Brazen or Stoic passive abilities!

I fully agree with this one. Because this ability is so essential to the sentinel, it should just be a passive.

3)Make Pacify/Obfuscate lower the target's chance to hit you with Force and Tech attacks.

Honestly, I can't remember everything about this ability (cooldown, duration, ext), so I won't comment.

1) Make Undying Rage usable while stunned.

I've thought about this in the past before. Honestly, it seems like a reasonable change. I know there was a debate about how defensive the sentinel should be. Honestly, the sentinel doesn't have the best cooldowns, but for the class and play style, I think they are fine. If GBTF while stunned is added, then I don't think the class will suddenly become extremely good defensively. It would be nice to have, but not required.

Because I thought about this before, my opinion is coming from what I have experienced with stuns & GBTF. I feel like people will disagree with me lol.

2) Make Brazen or Stoic passive abilities!

I fully agree with this one. Because this ability is so essential to the sentinel, it should just be a passive.

3)Make Pacify/Obfuscate lower the target's chance to hit you with Force and Tech attacks.

Honestly, I can't remember everything about this ability (cooldown, duration, ext), so I won't comment.

1: no, because ranked pvp requires most of the time a proper stun for a global, UR doesn't need any change. It already got buffed with increased duration, lower cd, and no more health penalty.

2: would be cool, but then we'd be too op for melee.

3: force and tech don't require accuracy, because they're not weapon based, and thus we don't need a change, just learn to use obfuscate properly.. The biggest damaging abilities that obfuscate don't affect are energy burst, which is diminished by cloak of pain by 20%, and dots keep obfuscate up for the whole duration.

Marauder defensives are perfectly fine, the problem lies with sorcs having too much mobility, pt's hitting too hard if you look at how much utility they have (taunts, leap, pull, heavy armor, 25% def, hydraulics, 30m, slows, aoes, aoe hard stun? Wat) and lastly my last problem would beeee hmmm. we'd need a root (CRIPPLING SLASH I MISS YOU) because it's too easy to get away fromus, and mad dash isn't as useful as people think

1: no, because ranked pvp requires most of the time a proper stun for a global, UR doesn't need any change. It already got buffed with increased duration, lower cd, and no more health penalty.

2: would be cool, but then we'd be too op for melee.

3: force and tech don't require accuracy, because they're not weapon based, and thus we don't need a change, just learn to use obfuscate properly.. The biggest damaging abilities that obfuscate don't affect are energy burst, which is diminished by cloak of pain by 20%, and dots keep obfuscate up for the whole duration.

Marauder defensives are perfectly fine, the problem lies with sorcs having too much mobility, pt's hitting too hard if you look at how much utility they have (taunts, leap, pull, heavy armor, 25% def, hydraulics, 30m, slows, aoes, aoe hard stun? Wat) and lastly my last problem would beeee hmmm. we'd need a root (CRIPPLING SLASH I MISS YOU) because it's too easy to get away fromus, and mad dash isn't as useful as people think

I'm pretty much in agreement with this assessment. What we really need are better anti kiting tools. It's too easy to knock us back.and just lala heal around in circles especially since healers are pretty much perma white barred now a days.

IMO they need a survivability buff, but I don't want them to be like jugernauts and guardians.

I think the best solution for this, honestly, would be to extend the damage interval on our damage shield, and to significantly lower the cooldown on our 99% abilities. This wouldn't really increase our overall reactive survivability, but would enable us to more liberally use our tools instead of saving them due to long cooldowns.

Edited by E-Zekiel