Sucks to be Squelched

armstrongggggggg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally serious but.... How is this an issue?

10 people reported you for.... what exactly? Can't be nothing.

Or are you saying that people conspired to get you squelched? Why exactly?

I'm not sure I see the problem - what's the issue?

I guess I don't understand how you can get reported 10x in a particular time window without doing something to cause it to happen.... no?

The types of people that would abuse the report spam feature to squelch players don't need any provocation to do so.

Edited by beattlebilly

I have been squelched six times now. I will literally log from my pub character who was able to talk in chat etc over to my imp and try to chat in guild and all it says is you are squelched. I don't get how I can be squelched when I have not said anything in chat. I use mumble, teamspeak etc and usually run pvp with guild members who are in voice with me, so generally don't use chat much. But when I am solo queuing for war zones and I'm stuck guarding I cannot call out for help, resulting in abuse from the ops chat and the loss of a war zone. I have been subscribed for around four years now and this is making me want to quit the game. :mad:

You don't have to do anything to be reported for spam, that's how easy it is for people to abuse the system. Bioware really screwed up here.

But a lot of people have to report you for spam in a short amount of time, and If you aren't using chat, as you claim, they need to be standing near you in game to do it as they need to target you.

You want us to believe a group of people are making a concerted effort to hunt you down, target you, report you for spam, and get you squelched, and that they have done this multiple times, and it's "just because" as you are a truly light side 5 person and didn't do anything that could possible warrant such action.

If you ask most people in prison, they will tell you they are innocent to.

Sorry, its too difficult to get squelched for me to believe that anyone it happens to didn't have it coming.

But a lot of people have to report you for spam in a short amount of time, and If you aren't using chat, as you claim, they need to be standing near you in game to do it as they need to target you.

You want us to believe a group of people are making a concerted effort to hunt you down, target you, report you for spam, and get you squelched, and that they have done this multiple times, and it's "just because" as you are a truly light side 5 person and didn't do anything that could possible warrant such action.

Sorry, its too difficult to get squelched for me to believe that anyone it happens to didn't have it coming.

I am sorry but you underestimate trolls they can /who you and spam report you

I'm not saying anyone here is innocent, but 10 people are pretty damn easy to get together to troll someone.

You underestimate dedicate troll groups of players this is not about me or my group though this is about that the report spam system can be abused

You can Report Spam from the Who menu. You don't need to be near the person, just know their name.

I just thought of a potential solution. Make the auto squelch function only apply to the default channels (General, Trade, LFG, etc). Most of the gold spam is in game mail at this point anyway. If someone spams guild chat you just gkick them. This still leaves the system horribly exploitable but it isn't the travesty that is currently in place.

I'm just surprised I've never been squelched. Is it something that only affects non-subscribers? Can non-subscribers even post here?

I'll go off on all kinds of ridiculous tangents in fleet chat, yet I've never been squelched. I wonder if it's because I'm subscribed.

no sir basically its a whole bunch of report spam tickets on one individual player subbed or non subbed

Sorry OP, not buying your story.

You've done something. Whether it's being abused or not, who knows except BW.

But you're making speculations & basically calling out without stating, although another of your supporters did call out the guild, a guild who you can't prove anything on. (Have no idea as I'm not a member of said accused guild.)

All I see on a quick glimpse of your posting history is drama.

Maybe don't be so much of a troll/drama queen & you won't be squelched. Seeing as I and so many I know have been playing this game for several years & never been squelched. And I used to troll fleet on Pot5.

Heck even Harb's no. 1 troll doesn't get squelched. So yeah...relax, deep breath & think before you type/react. It's a game. Nothing here matters in real life, really. So no reason to get all worked up over it. If you don't like the people you're playing with, stop playing with them, ignore them, but MOVE on. lol

I just thought of a potential solution. Make the auto squelch function only apply to the default channels (General, Trade, LFG, etc). Most of the gold spam is in game mail at this point anyway. If someone spams guild chat you just gkick them. This still leaves the system horribly exploitable but it isn't the travesty that is currently in place.

Yeah. It makes absolutely NO sense for squelch to affect party, raid, or guild channels since the leaders can boot any troublemakers from those channels.

But you're making speculations & basically calling out without stating, although another of your supporters did call out the guild, a guild who you can't prove anything on. (Have no idea as I'm not a member of said accused guild.)

Maybe don't be so much of a troll/drama queen & you won't be squelched. Seeing as I and so many I know have been playing this game for several years & never been squelched. And I used to troll fleet on Pot5.

Heck even Harb's no. 1 troll doesn't get squelched. So yeah...relax, deep breath & think before you type/react. It's a game. Nothing here matters in real life, really. So no reason to get all worked up over it. If you don't like the people you're playing with, stop playing with them, ignore them, but MOVE on. lol

The people that are doing it will not stop even if we ignore

do you sleep with your mouth open as well? or is that just standard daytime procedure for you?