Sucks to be Squelched

armstrongggggggg

I would pay good money to play a game I'm not targeted by other players maliciously using a system that allows for this kind of game hindering actions..

Really need to look for another game, because I do sub, with real money, and Bioware pretty much is blowing this off...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pay good money to play a game I'm not targeted by other players maliciously using a system that allows for this kind of game hindering actions..

Really need to look for another game, because I do sub, with real money, and Bioware pretty much is blowing this off...

i mean this post has 4k views sooo they prolly saw it

I recommend Overwatch if you are in the beta. That's my plan when this goes unresolved.

What did you do to get target by another player? I know there are trolls out there but to get squelched enough times to consider going to another game? You had to do something to **** someone off royally. Let me guess you are a prefect angel. Never did anything wrong. I've never been squelched and I have no problem with telling people off; even CS.

What did you do to get target by another player? I know there are trolls out there but to get squelched enough times to consider going to another game? You had to do something to **** someone off royally. Let me guess you are a prefect angel. Never did anything wrong. I've never been squelched and I have no problem with telling people off; even CS.

we didnt do really anything

we didnt do really anything

Yeah sure.

Sorry 12 pages of you guys jumping on anyone who doesn't agree with you.

DISOBEYING the TOS just because you want too.

IF it's a said exploit, telling everyone how you have done it.

Yeah, like he said "You're a perfect angel." NOT.

IF you all had called CS like you've stated over this harassment, they would be doing something.

CS has almost always been very helpful. Harassment isn't tolerated. So in other words yall aren't telling the whole truth.

Yeah sure.

CS has almost always been very helpful. Harassment isn't tolerated. So in other words yall aren't telling the whole truth.

This is the most false statement I have ever seen on these forums, and that is saying something. If you believe this then I have a snow cone stand on Hoth that I would love to sell you. Only 10 million credits. It's a great deal, perfect target market.

Yeah sure.

IF you all had called CS like you've stated over this harassment, they would be doing something.

dont hate on the almighty

This is the most false statement I have ever seen on these forums, and that is saying something. If you believe this then I have a snow cone stand on Hoth that I would love to sell you. Only 10 million credits. It's a great deal, perfect target market.

Legit harassment bro. Not the stuff you guys are calling wolf about.

There is a difference.

There has been enough doubt shed on the whole "squelching" debate as it is, to throw more suspicion on the certainty of the claims. Especially with no screen shots of ANYONE that claims their squelched, posted.

CS has more things to do than hold the hands of in game drama queens in their squabbles with other in game drama queens.

If it's legitimately harassment open a ticket. If it's serious enough, call CS. Make sure you have chat logs, Screen shots, proof, etc...

IF not then move on.

If it's legitimately harassment open a ticket. If it's serious enough, call CS. Make sure you have chat logs, Screen shots, proof, etc...

IF not then move on.

This has all been done in triplicate (really far more than that). I can't post external links otherwise I would happily direct you to all of the documentation and proof you could possibly require. PM me if you even care enough. I doubt you do though. Ignorance is bliss right?

Edited by Warcrimez

Yeah sure.

You obviously havent been reading those twelve pages have you. We have said here many times, we are being harrassed by a guild. they take 5-10 members, report certain members of ours for spam. It gets us squelched. Why are they doing this? Because our guild leader said he would beat them in conquest. That is all. They come into our channel, ask ridiculous questions, type rude statements. I have it documented, its been sent to bioware CS and in the form of tickets. Believe what you want my friend but when you have 12 pages of people all saying basically the same thing, you might want to take a step back and think about if this squelching thing is a problem.

Here is one: this is the internet. People make stuff up on the internet.

I meant I see no reason to believe they're being dishonest. Their story makes sense, it's logical and doesn't leave me surprised in the slightest. I know there are hardcore trolls and lowlifes out there who make infuriating others their numero uno life goal.

Afterall, this is the internet.

I meant I see no reason to believe they're being dishonest. Their story makes sense, it's logical and doesn't leave me surprised in the slightest. I know there are hardcore trolls and lowlifes out there who make infuriating others their numero uno life goal.

Afterall, this is the internet.

You are right but the level at which this is happening is far pass some innocent victim. Someone **** in someone else cornflakes.

You obviously havent been reading those twelve pages have you. We have said here many times, we are being harrassed by a guild. they take 5-10 members, report certain members of ours for spam. It gets us squelched. Why are they doing this? Because our guild leader said he would beat them in conquest. That is all. They come into our channel, ask ridiculous questions, type rude statements. I have it documented, its been sent to bioware CS and in the form of tickets. Believe what you want my friend but when you have 12 pages of people all saying basically the same thing, you might want to take a step back and think about if this squelching thing is a problem.

No we have 12 pages of the same 2-3 people going on about it & others contradicting them. lol That doesn't mean crap.

Here is one: this is the internet. People make stuff up on the internet.

^What he said.

Sucks to be Squelched

The automatic squelching system in SWTOR is being abused by Trolls and all of Harbinger is paying the price. Once again because of china credit farmers the community can’t have nice things. The reason I say this is because Bio Wares solution to the General chat spam of “CHINA CHINA #1 YOU BUY CREDITS!” was to initiate an automated squelching system where if any player is reported (regardless of if they ever type in any chat channel) by different people approximately 10 times they are automatically squelched for a 24 hour period.

Imagine this power in the hands of an MMO’s troll community. I don’t like what you’re saying…Squelched. Did you just stealth cap grass on me...Squelched.

I hope you don’t like typing, that or you know how to keep a low profile. Because if not there is a squelching in your future. Most of you are reading this probably thinking “so what, I can’t type for 24hrs OH NOES!”, at least that is what I thought the first time. I mostly use Mumble, Vent, etc. But the first time you are guarding snow and can’t make the call for help because “You are squelched.”, and some guy starts getting salty in ops chat you will see how aggravating it really is.

I hope you are all prepared to pay the troll toll, because it’s coming to a planet near you.

Stop spamming public chat channels. That fixes the problem.

No, there is an issue with troll guilds like Blood Bath and Beyond who are going out of their way to massreport people from certain guilds they don't like, or do it to people that do nothing more than disagree with their trolling. Blood Bath has already received an official warning, but they pretend otherwise. Not surprising from a guild who's GM was banned for the vendor exploit and had to make a new account.
They got a 1st offense warning this should be their second