The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

9999 ***

Graystar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a crafter, not a big time one, ain't got time for dat, and I like the 9999 limit. Saves ALOT of room when they even said at this very moment, they either can't or won't make more cargo bays. Trust me, 9999 is a good number. If you don't need 9999 of salvaged bits, sell 'em. Or don't salvage them.

WHO THE HELL NEEDS 9999 OF ANY SALVAGE

sorry caps not intended.

why would they do that....

999 or 1000 ok but 9999 is weird...

Why is 999 OK, but not 9,999? Do you have some strange need to have full stacks or something? How about this, any time you get a stack that's bigger than 999 you break it up into a separate stack. If they had gone with your suggestion and done stacks of 999 then I would have had a few materials that would be in multiple stacks. Instead, with the size of 9,999 all of my materials fit in one stack, nicely in my legacy storage.

Databases like storing number quantities in weird ways. You get used to it.

If they were going with the limits imposed by the value type they used in the database then the number would be a power of 2. 99 and even 9,999 is an artificial limit imposed by the designers.

People will complain about anything. :rolleyes:

what's wrong with it being 9999 instead of 999? if all you'll have is less then that then it wont matter. and if you only want 999 in a stack then just split it.

^this

Seriously, complaining about getting too much of something? Dude, you got issues!!

If they were going with the limits imposed by the value type they used in the database then the number would be a power of 2. 99 and even 9,999 is an artificial limit imposed by the designers.

While it's definitely not a database thing for the reason you mentioned, I wouldn't say it's definitely an artificial limit. Another reason to limit things like this is the UI. If you had 10k of an item, that'd require 5 digits to show the amount stored which would probably trail off the item's icon unless they redid that specific UI element. So 9999 is the highest they can go without pushing into 5 digits.

what's wrong with it being 9999 instead of 999? if all you'll have is less then that then it wont matter. and if you only want 999 in a stack then just split it.

I think the OP is complaining about the max 9999 when you try to buy multiple things from a vendor, which I would also like to complain about.

For example, if you go to the Crew Skill Vendor to but, say, 48 of some crafting material, it's nearly impossible to move the slider to anything close to 48, it will jump from 20 something, to 200, back to 150, etc. and you usually end up having to select something like 22, or 85 (or whatever) and then do 20 odd clicks to set the quantity to 48 (or whatever amount you wanted) or just giviing up and buying a couple of hundred.

The 9999 stack size is great, but a max 999 quantity to buy mats from vendors would be more user friendly. It's not likely you'd ever buy more than 999 at any one time.

Edited by JediQuaker

People will complain about anything. :rolleyes:

Right? Must be a reeeeeeeeeal slow day for the OP if thats all he has to complain about...

I have one of every crafter, I -LOVE- the 9,999 stacks, I can store all my mats in my legacy hold and dont need to split them up anymore between the professions who use duplicates.

I think the OP is complaining about the max 9999 when you try to buy multiple things from a vendor, which I would also like to complain about.

For example, if you go to the Crew Skill Vendor to but, say, 48 of some crafting material, it's nearly impossible to move the slider to anything close to 48, it will jump from 20 something, to 200, back to 150, etc. and you usually end up having to select something like 22, or 85 (or whatever) and then do 20 odd clicks to set the quantity to 48 (or whatever amount you wanted) or just giviing up and buying a couple of hundred.

The 9999 stack size is great, but a max 999 quantity to buy mats from vendors would be more user friendly. It's not likely you'd ever buy more than 999 at any one time.

You know there's an input box that you can just type the number you need.

Right? Must be a reeeeeeeeeal slow day for the OP if thats all he has to complain about...

I have one of every crafter, I -LOVE- the 9,999 stacks, I can store all my mats in my legacy hold and dont need to split them up anymore between the professions who use duplicates.

Of all the changes that have been made in the last 6+ months, THIS is the best one and 100% positive.

All of my crafting mats now go into my Legacy storage, and all my characters can share from the giant pool. Alts leveling up can replenish the general stock as they go. No more taking up 1 or 2 tabs on every character and most of my Legacy storage on mats, and no more toting around stacks in my inventory waiting for a good price point to pop up on GTN.

As much as I've hated some of the changes (levelstink, gearless companions, cookie-cutter companion abilities, etc, and so forth), I absolutely 100% support this huge QoL improvement.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

WHO THE HELL NEEDS 9999 OF ANY SALVAGE

sorry caps not intended.

why would they do that....

999 or 1000 ok but 9999 is weird...

no "weird" is saying "caps not intended" when they clearly were, since you can actually see what you're typing before you submit, and can edit your post afterward

now that's WEIRD