Pre-order yellow black crystal

PlasmaNightSky

Crafted crystals have no level requirement now (or rather they are not supposed to now).. If you think that makes no sense, take it up with BW.

Me: Reduce requirement for preorder crystal. Most other crystals require level 10.

You: Those are CM crystals. Preorder is not CM.

Me: But crafted crystals had their level requirement reduced, too.

You: Those are not CM crystals, either.

:rak_02:

I just want them all to be equally usable at level 10 (or lower). I don't care about CM being at 10 and crafted without any requirement. I just want those that still require 50 to be reduced, too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted a +41 version of these for a while and didn't know about this vendor. A couple of questions though...

- Is the vendor Archaeologist Unkorsa still at the Fleet somewhere?

- Once a +41 Yellow Black crystal is bought can it be reclaimed from the collections like the Fortitude crystal can?

I like to swap and change colour crystals and don't want to have to hold a third pair of spare lightsabers to keep them (already have a second pair for the White Purple Blue crystals).

Ta,

I've wanted a +41 version of these for a while and didn't know about this vendor. A couple of questions though...

- Is the vendor Archaeologist Unkorsa still at the Fleet somewhere?

- Once a +41 Yellow Black crystal is bought can it be reclaimed from the collections like the Fortitude crystal can?

I like to swap and change colour crystals and don't want to have to hold a third pair of spare lightsabers to keep them (already have a second pair for the White Purple Blue crystals).

Ta,

As far as I know, only the level 7 +4 endurance yellow/black crystals can be claimed through the collections interface.

All other +41 crystals in the game have level requirement 10, though. I support these being 'upgraded' to that, as well.

The crystals (white in particular) that were on sale from fleet vendor for a limited time are still level 50.

The CM white crystal is still level 50, as well. You can verify this by checking Collections.

I suppose all those that say "Add it." Think that they should also add in the black and green crystals from the Razer mouse promotion from almost 4 years ago, too, huh?

In fact, why not just add everything, from every event / promotion since launch so everyone can have an equal opportunity to get those items? Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Oh don't be such a spoiled sport. With the complete phase out of the old crystals, and basically only having the +41s available now, those crystals should be updated, otherwise you're effectively taking something away from players, which, as a business, you're not supposed to do.

Don't be a jerk.

We don't need them updated. All you have to do is use the basic free one in your outfit. Then, you can use whatever powerful crystal you want in your active gear. You can have the look of the yellow-black crystal with whatever stats you want.

We don't need them updated. All you have to do is use the basic free one in your outfit. Then, you can use whatever powerful crystal you want in your active gear. You can have the look of the yellow-black crystal with whatever stats you want.

It doesn't work that way. You can not use an appearance weapon. The color of your weapon can only be the one you actually have equipped.

It doesn't work that way. You can not use an appearance weapon. The color of your weapon can only be the one you actually have equipped.

Well that sucks.

Edit: I'm confused. I just checked in game, and there ARE 136 level yellow-black crystals on the vendor for 250k. They are +41 stat versions. What was the original complaint again?

Edited by EJedi

I just want them all to be equally usable at level 10 (or lower). I don't care about CM being at 10 and crafted without any requirement. I just want those that still require 50 to be reduced, too.

They eliminated the level requirement for crafted crystals. What you are asking for is a completely different thing, namely, that other crystals' level requirement be eliminated. Maybe they will do that, maybe they won't. It's hardly a big deal.

• 5 years later...
I believe the argument was that it was unfair to take the item away from the players, seeing how its 2021 and nobody ever is allowed to own the crystal unless you preordered umpteen years ago. I think it's about time the devs updated the vendor to include that ultra mega stupid rare crystal to everyone, not just a select few people who feel entitled enough to flex something others can never strive to obtain for themselves.

I believe the argument was that it was unfair to take the item away from the players, seeing how its 2021 and nobody ever is allowed to own the crystal unless you preordered umpteen years ago. I think it's about time the devs updated the vendor to include that ultra mega stupid rare crystal to everyone, not just a select few people who feel entitled enough to flex something others can never strive to obtain for themselves.

Sometimes it’s nice to come across things from another age of the game as something rare.

Personally, I use mine as a way to keep an eye on my companion in the midst of a melee battle.

But there’s another factor here: We paid $59.99 for the game. So I’d say we earned our exclusivity 😉

Heh, necro aside, I remember when almost everyone was running around with them...

looked so silly

If they put it on the CM for those who do not have it, I have no complaints (same idea as the HK-55 chapter), though people with the pre-order should continue to have access to the vendor

WOW, what is it? Nothing better to do then attack someone for having an idea? Damn this thread went off the rails over nothing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seems to me the only person attacking was the person who gravedug this thread

Seems to me the only person attacking was the person who gravedug this thread

@JediKamo, well I think you are correct, at first I was confused by the word "gravedug" so I looked the thread over again. Then I realized you were referring to the age of this necro thread, which I did not even notice till your "gravedug" comment. So kudos to you and shame on me for not realizing how old this was. :eek::eek::eek:

P.S. BTW you are also correct, "We paid $59.99 for the game. So I’d say we earned our exclusivity" Yes in fact I do believe Founders ought to be entitled to a few perks.

(edit Added P.S.)

Edited by Confusi

I believe the argument was that it was unfair to take the item away from the players, seeing how its 2021 and nobody ever is allowed to own the crystal unless you preordered umpteen years ago.

Actually, no. Five years ago, these people were arguing about "seeing how it is 2016", and in fact pointing out that:

* The preorder crystals had a specific appearance which is only available that way.

* Other crystals have been uniformly promoted to being 136-rated +41, but these preorder crystals have not.(1)

* Not updating the preorder crystals takes away their advantage, since the +41 version is painfully expensive and restricted to level 50+, unlike other +41 crystals which require level 10 (or possibly level 1 for crafted ones).

But most importantly, they were arguing on the basis of it being 2016.

(1) It isn't universally true, in fact. Some starter world missions reward +3 or +4 crystals, and I still get 120-rated +31 crystals as random drops from killed trash mobs. The last one was a few days ago, from a level 75 nothing in the new Enclave flashpoint.

What's next? Founder's title for free as well?

And after that SE Black-Green Color Crystal and since some players want to remove all exclusive items from the game : free collectors edition upgrade for everyone.

Well since EA hardly cares about the old players anymore I would not be surprised all pre-order, collectors edition and the black-green crystal from buying the SWTOR Razer peripheals all will be given to players if there's much demand for it. If EA/SWTOR sees money it it they will do it.

Edited by Kirameki

@JediKamo, well I think you are correct, at first I was confused by the word "gravedug" so I looked the thread over again. Then I realized you were referring to the age of this necro thread, which I did not even notice till your "gravedug" comment. So kudos to you and shame on me for not realizing how old this was. :eek::eek::eek:

P.S. BTW you are also correct, "We paid $59.99 for the game. So I’d say we earned our exclusivity" Yes in fact I do believe Founders ought to be entitled to a few perks.

(edit Added P.S.)

I suspect some of the terms I use have been replaced. Probably because I picked them up in the old WoW days and the world has moved on. 🙂

Seems like a Modest Proposal to me... totally realistic. Let's do it! Thank you for the suggestion!

But we are talking about a crystal here, not something pinned to the beginning of the game, so ignoring your hyperbolic slippery slope silliness... I imagine 80% of the players who were eligible for a yellow-black crystal don't even play anymore. Why deprive someone who wants such a thing the ability to use it? Just so someone else can brag that they happened to be playing over 5 years ago when another player was in 8th grade? Come on, with a game that's a decade old there should be a cycling of some items; I didn't even know this game existed in 2016 and I'm as committed to it now as anyone who was subbed back then. Obviously "founder" title is an exception here although there could be an alternative like "5year Vet" or something.

There's room to compromise too... make a crystal available but at a cost... no +41 stat bonus or whatever or make it War Hero only or something. It's just aesthetic. The funny thing about tunings, crystals, etc. is that only the player using them really notices what they are using anyway. Unless you're just standing around at the top of the steps on Korriban, weapon drawn, to show off to noobs...

Personally I don't care about a yellow-black crystal but I'm annoyed that I can't craft the purple-black, orange-black, etc. It's not a huge deal so long as they are available from a crafter on the GTN but I sometimes worry that they may just disappear if the people capable of making them get bored and leave the game. Again, it's less a problem of exclusivity as it is a problem of an ageing game that's been around a decade and how that factors into the scarcity of items. There's a balance to be had.

Seems like a Modest Proposal to me... totally realistic. Let's do it! Thank you for the suggestion!

But we are talking about a crystal here, not something pinned to the beginning of the game, so ignoring your hyperbolic slippery slope silliness... I imagine 80% of the players who were eligible for a yellow-black crystal don't even play anymore. Why deprive someone who wants such a thing the ability to use it? Just so someone else can brag that they happened to be playing over 5 years ago when another player was in 8th grade? Come on, with a game that's a decade old there should be a cycling of some items; I didn't even know this game existed in 2016 and I'm as committed to it now as anyone who was subbed back then. Obviously "founder" title is an exception here although there could be an alternative like "5year Vet" or something.

There's room to compromise too... make a crystal available but at a cost... no +41 stat bonus or whatever or make it War Hero only or something. It's just aesthetic. The funny thing about tunings, crystals, etc. is that only the player using them really notices what they are using anyway. Unless you're just standing around at the top of the steps on Korriban, weapon drawn, to show off to noobs...

Personally I don't care about a yellow-black crystal but I'm annoyed that I can't craft the purple-black, orange-black, etc. It's not a huge deal so long as they are available from a crafter on the GTN but I sometimes worry that they may just disappear if the people capable of making them get bored and leave the game. Again, it's less a problem of exclusivity as it is a problem of an ageing game that's been around a decade and how that factors into the scarcity of items. There's a balance to be had.

I think the KOTOR 1+2 system where you had a color crystal with no stats and a power crystal with stats would help

And after that SE Black-Green Color Crystal and since some players want to remove all exclusive items from the game : free collectors edition upgrade for everyone.

Well since EA hardly cares about the old players anymore I would not be surprised all pre-order, collectors edition and the black-green crystal from buying the SWTOR Razer peripheals all will be given to players if there's much demand for it. If EA/SWTOR sees money it it they will do it.

Slight correction: the Black-Green was a Razor promotion, the Black-Yellow is the SE crystal. I have the latter, for instance, but not the former (as I had no reason to go out and buy a new mouse that I would not use over my trackball).

I am still annoyed I do not have that particular code (Black-Green).

Slight correction: the Black-Green was a Razor promotion, the Black-Yellow is the SE crystal. I have the latter, , but not the former (

I am still annoyed I do not have that particular code (Black-Green).

I have both (as well as 'Founder' title of course) but as far as i'm aware, didn't BioWare already re-constitute both original crystals into some "new" version (but same coloring) with PVP Ranked rewards or Cartel Market re-name?

In other words, any player won't be able to get the exactly named original versions (obviously) but who cares since they can still get the same COLOR schemes (under a different crystal name) .

Therefore, all someone like me gets for my good fortune & exclusive timing (besides fond cyber-memories) is the unique item name that doesn't even show to other players who 'inspect' my gear lol

Edited by Nee-Elder
why do players always think they "deserve" to get EVERYTHING ? spoiled generation?

I imagine 80% of the players who were eligible for a yellow-black crystal don't even play anymore.

Dunno about percentages, but there's enough of us still around that I see one or two a week, either with the crystal or the Founder title. The usage of either tends to drop off at higher levels though as many don't know about the additional power ranks for the crystal being available or the fact that they're costly. As far as the title goes, there's just so many better ones; who wants to be ", Founder" when "Lord" is available?