Koth Vortena?

DataBeaver

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After completing Chapter X I noticed that Koth Vortena had moved to the Contacts section and is unavailable to be summoned. Why is this? The story didn't give any justification for his sudden absence.

What was your choice with Kalyio's Bomb? if you took the DS option there is a cutscene where he tries to steal the Gravestone but fails but then takes a shuttle and leaves did you really not get that cutscene?

Edited by Jedi_riches

What was your choice with Kalyio's Bomb? if you took the DS option there is a cutscene where he tries to steal the Gravestone but fails but then takes a shuttle and leaves did you really not get that cutscene?

It called hitting the space bar trying to burn through the content in 15min

I initially chose DS but later decided that choice did not suit this character (though I plan to pick it on some others), reset the mission and went LS. At the ending cutscene they did talk about using the Gravestone to strike against Arcann's fleet, but there was no details of the timeframe (though it was implied to happen soon) nor who would be doing it. I guess that's where Koth went anyway. Would be nice if it was listed in the interactions section of the contacts window.

I initially chose DS but later decided that choice did not suit this character (though I plan to pick it on some others), reset the mission and went LS. At the ending cutscene they did talk about using the Gravestone to strike against Arcann's fleet, but there was no details of the timeframe (though it was implied to happen soon) nor who would be doing it. I guess that's where Koth went anyway. Would be nice if it was listed in the interactions section of the contacts window.

Did you choose any DS options before this chapter?

I remember seeing Koth get upset before and a little *Koth will remember your indifference/brutality/actions*

I assume this is just his last straw.

If you went LS, he should have stayed.

As another noted, have you done other DS choices? While talking about the burning worlds, did you choose an option that Koth didn't like?

After completing Chapter X I noticed that Koth Vortena had moved to the Contacts section and is unavailable to be summoned. Why is this? The story didn't give any justification for his sudden absence.

Here is my experience, in chapters 1-9 somewhere, I save his city and just turn out the lights, in chapter 10, I blow up the city. When the confrontation at the end of the chapter comes my sith inquisitor gets a choice that says :

[LIE] Tell him it was a mistake.... or something like that, so he is angry but stays on.

This thread should probably have a spoiler warning.

In the scene with Kaliyo there are one LS and two DS options. I tried all three options (using ESC) before making a final decision. The LS option results in disapproval from Kaliyo. The DS option of telling Kaliyo to do it herself gives a warning that Koth will remember your actions. I did not see a similar warning for the option of pulling the trigger yourself. (I know it makes sense within the story for Koth to be just as angry but there was no warning -- or if there was I didn't see it, I will confirm when I play through again.) I guess this is what the devs were referring to when they told us choices matter. And while that is great story wise, I was a little disappointed that Koth was still unavailable outside the story because he's the only one I've leveled to 50. For those of us who did not use the companion gift exploit, it's quite a grind to get more than one or two companions to 50 so I focused on Koth -- and now he's gone. But Lana's email gave me hope! I have a feeling I'll get Koth back. But it makes me wonder: what if we spend a lot of resources leveling the influence of a companion who is subsequently killed or removed from the story for good. That would be disappointing.

This thread should probably have a spoiler warning.

In the scene with Kaliyo there are one LS and two DS options. I tried all three options (using ESC) before making a final decision. The LS option results in disapproval from Kaliyo. The DS option of telling Kaliyo to do it herself gives a warning that Koth will remember your actions. I did not see a similar warning for the option of pulling the trigger yourself. (I know it makes sense within the story for Koth to be just as angry but there was no warning -- or if there was I didn't see it, I will confirm when I play through again.) I guess this is what the devs were referring to when they told us choices matter. And while that is great story wise, I was a little disappointed that Koth was still unavailable outside the story because he's the only one I've leveled to 50. For those of us who did not use the companion gift exploit, it's quite a grind to get more than one or two companions to 50 so I focused on Koth -- and now he's gone. But Lana's email gave me hope! I have a feeling I'll get Koth back. But it makes me wonder: what if we spend a lot of resources leveling the influence of a companion who is subsequently killed or removed from the story for good. That would be disappointing.

I you ever get a CM companion, level that one to 50, guaranteed that it'll never go away.

I you ever get a CM companion, level that one to 50, guaranteed that it'll never go away.

Good point. Thank you. I have HK-51 & Treek but not on this alt (free lvl 60 had so many comps at the end of ch. 9 I didn't think I needed more!) Funny thing is, until then LS trooper only did things Koth liked and appreciated. I blame bad influence of Firebrand for DS choice!!

This. I'm only giving gifts to Niko or Treek until the chapters are over and I'm sure what companions are left. I feel like anyone in the 'main characters' section are at the most risk of being removed.

From what I've read in other threads, resetting chapter X does not reset Koth's status as a companion. If he leaves, he's gone; there's no going back, even if you try do do the mission again and make a different choice. His flag is set the first time you make that choice and does not change if you do the chapter again.

Am I the only one who, after Koth skedaddled, basically heaved a sigh of relief and said "Good riddance!"? Life in the Alliance would certainly be of better quality without his constant hypocritical whining and glorifying the main villain of the whole freaking game.

Anyone?

Am I the only one who, after Koth skedaddled, basically heaved a sigh of relief and said "Good riddance!"? Life in the Alliance would certainly be of better quality without his constant hypocritical whining and glorifying the main villain of the whole freaking game.

Anyone?

*raises hand*

I get that with Koth, they were trying to show the "good side" of the villain, like many storytellers do. The problem is...Valkorian intends to drain life from the entire galaxy for his power. Any "good side" to him has been shown to be a means to that end.

Anyone?

ROFL

I told him I would kill him on my Sage. lol You don't betray me like that while I'm trying to help. Even if you think I'm wrong. You especially do NOT try to steal our main resource in defeating the main bad guy. lol So Koth is now a bad guy. I don't care what Lana says.

Not sure what I'm going to do on my Vanguard who Koth is actually my love interest. I've been playing her DS to a point or more just military wise.

*raises hand*

I get that with Koth, they were trying to show the "good side" of the villain, like many storytellers do. The problem is...Valkorian intends to drain life from the entire galaxy for his power. Any "good side" to him has been shown to be a means to that end.

You know as it stands, I don't even remember Valkorion as the bad guy instead it's Arcann that's bad. (I would have said Vaylin too, but this chapter really kind of twisted that a bit. My hubby still thinks she will in the end join us as a companion to stop Arcann.)

*raises hand*

Not only that, but as we saw in Chapter X he essentially made his population completely useless and dependent on his droids for everything.

He must have been planning something with those droids and with that series of killswitches that we saw.

Not only that, but as we saw in Chapter X he essentially made his population completely useless and dependent on his droids for everything.

He must have been planning something with those droids and with that series of killswitches that we saw.

...I haven't played Chapter X yet. Didn't sub in time for the early access. I thought this topic was about a bug, and by the time I found out otherwise, spoiled.

...I haven't played Chapter X yet. Didn't sub in time for the early access. I thought this topic was about a bug, and by the time I found out otherwise, spoiled.

Sorry about that, but the forums are riddled with these topics now.

I mean, we haven't really discussed anything that you wouldn't get from a trailer or two.

Sorry about that, but the forums are riddled with these topics now.

I mean, we haven't really discussed anything that you wouldn't get from a trailer or two.

Fair enough. I've been avoiding the topics that say anything like "Chapter X" or "Spoilers". At least it's not General Chat on the game, where I was spoiled on TFA the day it came out.