The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No more cartel packs for me

GrimmDoomm

You show all those great things you MIGHT get in the Anarchist cartel pack, except you have little to no chance of getting them, even after buying multiple hyper crates. On top of it, you give "chances" at stuff from old packs. If I had wanted items from old packs, I would have bought them. This is pandering to the new players, while you ignore the ones that have been around from the beginning. You are making it more difficult to get anything worth while each new pack.

No more $ from me. I'm done.

Am a 1 month old returning player.

Was super interested in the hypercrates to get the unstable lightsaber and classic vibrosword.

I got to say, I too agree that the crates are horrible RNG.

I spent $30 bucks on the crates and at this point of time, I want to get at least one full gear.

Splitting up the armor into 3 different sections kits is stupid, especially since I keep on getting the same few section kits. Maybe my expectations are too high, that if I am to RNG, at least give me rewarding RNG. This 3 section kit thing makes me feel like I am feeding a troll.

And the Grand cubes, seriously although as a new player they are better then nothing, still I am aiming for specific items not a huge RNG chance at old items, especially if getting t he new items seem to be ridiculously hard.

All in all, the cartel boxes do not feel REWARDING. I think if I were to spend $$$ on top of my sub, I should at least feel rewarded thus encouraged to buy more.

This was my first time buying crates and it is my last time.

I rather just pay people real money to get the stuff I want then to play this unrewarding RNG frak game. Oh wait, is that not what I should be doing with Bioware you guys?

At the price per crate, I thought the reward levels would be higher. Guess I am wrong. Shame on me, to have too high expectations. I guess till I can lower my expectations, I should save myself the trouble and just dont buy.

I think it is just me, but after that stupid crate burn, my enjoyment of swtor just dropped. Way to go Bioware to encourage your player base to actually play your game.

Agreed. They need to go back to the way the packs use to be. Until then, I won't bother wasting my actual money on anything in their cartel market. The Marketing Department better rethink this stupid idea quick or they will start losing a ton of money and players. Saw something like this similar in DDO a couple of years back and DDO is still trying to recover from the mass exodus. Bioware and EA, it's time for you to rethink things before it's too late. Do you want to actually try and build your player base with the new movies coming out or do you want this game to die and lose out on millions, if not hundreds of millions, of dollars. Your move EA, we await your response.

Agree.

I used to buy 1-2 hypercrates when they released new packs.

I stopped since they changed the way this works.

Instead of buying things on CM I'm paying the suscription to other game.

It's cheaper and more entertaining.

:rolleyes:

Yup wasted my last dollar on CC crap. Bought 2 crates, only got 6 items from the new pack. 3 of them where rifles. and a **** tone of chance cubes that gave me a bunch of crap I already had. This is a complete failure. One I won't forget. I just spent my last dollar on Cartel Coins.

BioWare might want to consider doing some serious damage control on this one and just put the damn Unstable Arbiters Lightsaber/Staff directly on the CM. My mates and I have been here since Beta and have never seen anything this god awful of a drop rate or GTN price, and where supply and demand are [[[iNCREDIBLY]]] off. It's almost like ill will towards new and old players of this game who are big fans of the new movie. Wrong move, just wrong move, BIGTIME

Getting the saber or dualsaber is like getting the golden ticket to get into the Wonka Factory.

Totally agree. They managed to make something that I used to enjoy and was willing to spend money on and made it seem almost punitive. It definitely doesn’t feel rewarding. The cubes are ok in theory to me but they are just way too frequent and the new rare items are WAY too rare. As it stands right now I don't see why I would buy another hypercrate, and I used to buy 1-2 per release.

My suggestions:

1. Limit the drop rate of the chance cubes in general

2. Make the cubes more specific, by the B/S/G pack system and/or by the various crate/shipment packs. This would allow people to open just the packs they want and sell the others, and buyers could buy the ones they want on the GTN with a better idea they’re getting something they want. That should increase their value.

3. Have more than 1 item per "chance cube" pack, like 1 armor/mount/deco/emote/etc and 1 rep item/cartel cert/scrap/gift. It is really disheartening to get 2 chance cubes which then produce 2 items that you're lucky to sell for 1000 creds total and have no use for. While that happened before with bronze items it wasn't as in your face about it.

4. I would suggest some sort of additional reward for hypercrate buyers. Whether its having extra packs or more items in some packs, or a special item with better odds of a gold item from the current pack. I’m not sure exactly what would be best but currently, and for a while, the packs have felt “light” in both quantity and value.

Thankfully, I chose to read the forums before purchasing any Anarchist Packs. I will not purchase any Anarchist Packs or any future packs which have a probability to contain chance cubes.

New packs are for new items--not old.

Here are two simple suggestions to address those of us who seek older items: (1) Place the chance cubes on the cartel market as a separate item purchasable with cartel coins or (2) bring back old packs more frequently.

Not to mention they are getting rid of bronze items so that you have to pay 240 cc's for a global unlock, very sad, there goes any cheap armor thats adaptable for the new folks.

Next the drop rates of the new pack... ya i wasnt going to buy any but now im never buying crates until one of a few things happens.

1. Bring back 4-5 items per pack, WE ARE PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT OF CC'S FOR LESS ITEMS!!!! or make the 2 item packs cost half of what they do...

2. bring back bronze armors, jeez your making people never wanting to buy hypercrates anymore because the drop rate is unrealistically low, ive had 13 czerka crate o matics drop for me since i started in December of 2014 and 0 any big ticket items when i bought hypercrates before.

3. (waves hand at biowear) "You don't to sell me crap, you want to increase your drop rates and the amount of items for a pack, you want to rethink your life"

Welcome to Star Wars: The Cash Grab!

Really, the writing was on the wall when they announced the changes to packs. And now it's on every wall, all over the ground and all over the celestial heavens for everyone to see. "We can't detail the drop rates in these packs". Golly, I wonder why not? I see 3 possibilities:

1) Straight up greed. Replacing new items with chance cubes directly lowers the chance of getting an item out of the current pack. This means more packs have to be purchased to introduce the new items into the economy.

2) Laziness. They have to produce less 'content' when packs and crates are full of chance cubes that contain old items.

3) Desperation. It's a last-ditch effort to bring in more money because the game is teetering on the precipice of utter destitution.

The implications for any of those possibilities are the same. Bioware/EA/whoever is in charge here: wake up. People don't like feeling as if they're being pumped for money. You've created this exact situation. And if you keep it up with this kind of f--kery, you're shooting yourselves in the collective foot with a nuclear missile. People are already taking notice of this latest duplicitous action. Word will spread until you start driving away the new people you're trying to attract. And if that's how it's going to be now, do yourselves and every one of your players a favor and Old Yeller this game. People won't take this lying down for much longer. And if that's all that's left of this game, it will soon be an empty husk, Star Wars branding or not.

Signed, because this treatment of players is horse s---.

I got a crate of 30 packs and ended up with 31 of the chance boxes.

A huge rip off I am a long time player and have no need the stuff the chance cubes.

I am very disappointed with the little bit of new stuff i got because of all the chance boxes i got the drop rate on them is way to high.

I buy the packs to try and get the items inside.